Carbon Copy - Blitz - PL7 Hero

Characters Name: Blitz

Power Level: 7 (107/109PP)

Trade-Offs: +2 Attack for -2 Damage, +3 Defense for -3 Toughness

Unspent PP: 2

Gold Status: 4/30

Alternate Identity: Henry Donner

Age: 18 (born Month [day optional] Year; Apparent Age ??)

Height: 5’ 8â€

Weight: 145 lbs

Eyes: light brown

Hair: longish, dirty blond

Description:

HenryDonner_Blitz-1.jpg

*Color version to come soon

**Costume color scheme is Black with Purple trim. Shades / Speed Goggles are also Purple.

History: Henry’s family was not particularly well off when it came to money, so the family lived in the cheap housing just alongside the airport in Southside. This put his family in a slightly better part of Southside than they might have ended up in, but it also meant that Henry’s parents were under a great deal of financial strain. They endured and were able to make ends meet, but Henry had to grow up with less than most of his neighbors and classmates which made him an easy and reliable target for bullying and being picked on. Henry wasn’t very strong in his youth, so to avoid being beaten up, he learned to run. By the time he and his classmates left middle school for high, he was an expert runner. This gave him a bad reputation as a wimp, but Henry was much happier to not get the crap beaten out of him and bear a bad reputation rather than… well getting the crap beaten out of him.

Upon getting to high school, Henry decided to try out for sports. He had always wanted to be part of the teams but his parents had never been able to afford to provide transportation to and from practice. With his parents’ financial limitations he had never had the chance to get involved in school sports. However, upon reaching high school, sports started immediately after classes so Henry wouldn’t need a ride to practice and he convinced his parents to let him have his own bus pass so they wouldn’t have to drive him home from practice either. The parental units decided that the expense wasn’t too great for them to deprive their son of his wish any longer; so Henry got to do sports for his high school.

Wanting to play as much as he could, Henry tried out for soccer, track, and tennis in his freshman year and made the soccer and track teams. He was soon a star athlete on both of these teams. One of the fastest runners in the school Henry made an incredible striker and was, without a doubt, one of the most crucial members of the track team. The school’s football coach found out about the “Donner kid†and was amazed by Henry’s speed and agility; Coach Zimmer immediately wanted Henry for the football team. Henry was able to work his schedule so that he could be in both soccer and football his freshman through junior year, but had to drop soccer his senior year because the practice and game schedules were in conflict.

Henry was on top of the world when his senior year came around. He was a star on the football team and the track team, his parents were finally letting him live his life without fearing terribly for his safety, and he was even pretty sure that there was a girl who liked him. Molly Singer was a pretty girl who played in the marching band. Henry had first met her at a game their freshman year and they had become friends pretty quickly. They both liked the activities they were in, had reasonably similar grades in school and they lived pretty close to each other and had similar life experiences growing up. It was almost like they were the same person… just… one of them was a girl. The two got along and over the years in school had become very close friends. When senior year rolled around the rumor was that Molly and Henry were dating. The fact that neither of them denied it didn’t help to quell the rumor. It was never official, but the two of them both thought that they were essentially spoken for. Things were finally going Henry’s way in life… Until about a month after school started a tragic event occurred in Henry’s school.

A group of Brotherhood gang members entered the school and began shooting up the place as well as detonating several explosive devices that expelled some strange gas into the air. Henry was caught in the crossfire and received a gunshot wound to the leg and was told later that he had been hit by one of the explosives and that the electrical system had shorted out and arced directly to him. Fortunately for him, Henry didn’t remember any of this; the doctors supposed that the electric shock could have induced a slight amount of amnesia, but that it was more likely he was simply knocked unconscious by the explosion. Henry was able to attend the remembrance service, 10 people had been injured and 3 had been killed in the attack on his school.

It was not long after this that Henry began to notice that he was able to move faster than normal. Not just the subtle increase you got from lots of running and lifting weights either, but really getting noticeably faster. Curious to find out exactly how much faster he was, Henry decided to time himself on a run to school from his house. He was normally able to get to his school, 25 blocks away, in 7 minutes which was respectable in his mind. This time he made it to school in 3. It was improbable. Nobody could run that fast except for superheroes… and they could usually run faster than that. Henry decided to put it to the test. He stepped off the street into the alley beside the school and then focused the way he did for track meets. He counted down, and ran.

It was incredible. The world seemed to slow down around him, the buildings and streetlamps blurred with the speed and he was able to get back to his house in 10 seconds. The world came speeding up to normal speeds as Henry stopped at his doorstep. Needless to say, he did not attend school that day. Testing out his new power of speed, Henry soon found out that he could only use them for 5 hours at a time before he had to take a break for the rest for a while.

However, Henry was now presented with an ethical dilemma: what to do with these powers? He knew that he could improve the living condition of his parents with these powers; it would be all too easy to simply run into a bank just as they were opening the vault and take everything he could possibly want for his family to live comfortably for the rest of his life. While he entertained this idea for about a millisecond (it was apparently not only his physical speed which had increased dramatically) he couldn’t bring himself to think that it was a good idea in the slightest. His mind kept wandering back to the school shooting of less than a month prior. Henry decided there and then, while sitting on a rooftop in Midtown looking out over Liberty Park, that he would shut down The Brotherhood if it was the last thing he did.

Henry made a costume (it’s just what you did when you got into the vigilante business in Freedom City) and began his crusade against the gangs in and around Southside, but specifically The Brotherhood.

Personality & Motivation: Henry is a bit shy from having been picked on in his youth, but he’s opened up a bit since having become a hero on his school’s athletic teams. After a horrific attack on his school by The Brotherhood, Henry was granted electrically induced speed powers that he has decided to use against gang activity in his quarter of town. He’s also got a bit of a pension towards intolerance of the intolerant, so people committing hate crimes are likely to have to deal with his interference.

Powers & Tactics: Electro-speedster. Henry puts a very high focus on staying mobile in combat since he’s not very durable in straight combat. Move-by action keeps Blitz out of harms way for the most part and his electric and sonic burst powers (usually) help him take down bigger groups of mooks. If he finds himself trapped by his foes, Blitz is able to use his improved overrun feat or his improved trip + rapid attack combo to escape. If he still can’t get away then the young hero tends to rely on his improved defense and assessment feats to try and get out of the situation with his head still on his shoulders.

Complications:

Struggling: Henry's parents can usually get all your monthly bills paid, if they don't have to pay to have something repaired or replaced... but most months, they do have to pay for something to be repaired or replaced.

Secret Identity: Henry is currently still keeping his identity as a superhero a secret to protect his parents and to keep his social standing in tact (he doesn’t want any fame/stigma that might come along with being a hero).

School Obligations: Attending class, football practice/games, and studying.

Love Interest: Molly Singer (plays in the marching band at school)

In Brief: Henry is a slightly socially awkward high school football player who is struggling with his new identity as a superhero figure in the downtown section of Freedom City.

Stats: 2+6+4+2+2+0 = 16pp

Str: 12 (+1)

Dex: 16 (+3)

Con: 14 (+2)

Int: 12 (+1)

Wis: 12 (+1)

Cha: 10 (+0)

Combat: 6+8 = 18pp

Attack: +3 / +9 melee

Grapple: +10

Defense: +10 (+2 flat-footed)

Knockback: -2

Initiative: +19 (+3 without Improved Initiative)

Saves: 4+5+3 = 12pp

Toughness: +4 (+2 Con, +2 other)

Fortitude: +6 (+2 Con, +4)

Reflex: +8 (+3 Dex, +5)

Will: +4 (+1 Wis, +3)

Skills: 40r = 10pp

Acrobatics 6 (+9)

Bluff 4 (+4)

Escape Artist 4 (+7)

Knowledge (current events) 2 (+3)

Knowledge (popular culture) 2 (+3)

Knowledge (streetwise) 2 (+3)

Knowledge (tactics) 2 (+3)

Notice 4 (+5)

Search 2 (+3)

Sense Motive 4 (+5)

Stealth 6 (+9)

Swim 2 (+3)

Feats: 25pp

Acrobatic Bluff

Assessment

Attack Focus (melee) 6

Defensive Roll 1 (+2 Toughness)

Diehard [free]

Dodge Focus 6

Elusive Target

Evasion

Fast Overrun

Improved Defense

Improved Overrun

Improved Trip

Instant Up

Move-By Action

Power Attack

Takedown Attack

Powers: 10+4+7+7+1+1+1+1 = 32pp

Absorption 3 (energy: boost (speed)) (Extra: Energy Storage; Flaw: Limited (electricity only); Power Feat: Slow Fade) [10]

Enhanced Feats 4 (Improved Initiative 4) [4]

Speed 7 (1000 mph) (linked power: quickness) [7]

LP: Quickness 7 (250x normal) [7]

AP: Area damage 5 (melee, Feats: Mighty) Rapid Attack [1]

AP: Stun 6 (electrical) Static Discharge [1]

AP: Dazzle 4 (auditory) (Extras: Burst Area Flaws: Touch Range Linked Damage 4 Extras: Burst Area) Sonic Boom

AP: Wall Crawling (flaw: limited (while running)) (movement) Wall Run [1]

Drawbacks: -2 = -2pp

Recharge (Blitz can only use his powers for 5 hours at a time before he needs to have a break and rest his body. However, Blitz can also push past this limitation if he can find an available source of electrical energy to suck power from; Common, Minor; -2)

DC Block:

Unarmed – 16/Toughness

Rapid Attack – 21/Toughness

Static Discharge – 16/Fortitude

Sonic Boom – 14/Reflex, 19/Toughness

Costs: Abilities (16) + Combat (14) + Saves (12) + Skills (9) + Feats (25) + Powers (32) - Drawbacks (2) = 107/109 Power Points

Hello and Welcome to the Boards.

Stats, fine.

Combat, for your Knockback, include a mention of what it is without the costume. Also show what your initiative is without powers.

Saves, where is the +2 other for Toughness coming from? I only see 1 point from the costume. Also include the point cost at the Saves section, like you did at the bottom of the sheet, just for quick reference purposes.

Skills, good.

Feats, I think you left off a bunch of Dodge Focus ranks accidentally.

Powers, it's not clear what you have AP's with. Are they AP'd off the quickness or both the Quickness and Speed. If it's the former, then you only have 6 points for the effects, so you can't afford most of them. Also note, you should bold the Effect and Rank, and include the fluff title of the power at the end of the line, it makes it much easier to read.

Also note, I didn't read the backstory yet, in a bit of a rush, but I'll get back to you on that shortly.

Fixed the Knockback and Initiative notation issues.

Fixed the Toughness save mix up (it was left over from an earlier iteration of the sheet that i hadn't fixed yet).

You were right, I had forgotten to include the Dodge Focus ranks. I also moved my Improved Initiative down to be included in the character's powers to better reflect the fact that he's been gifted the ability through his accident rather than through natural ability. I also fixed the point totals according to the shifted feat/power.

I always thought that Alternate Powers were always assigned points based on the total cost of a power. Since the powers are linked I would think that the total points of both powers would be included in deciding how many points were available for use in the alternate powers. Since that is my assumption all of my ranks are based on the total points of both powers (12 pp). (Hope that didn't sound overly lawyer-y, just wanted to make it clear what I was thinking when I built the powers).

I also think I fixed the power format issues based on the description you gave me. However, I would like to mention that this is a set of instructions counter to the ones that are included in the character creation template included on the webpage. Just a suggestion, but perhaps we should consider an update to the template to prevent further confusion.

I'm pretty sure that's everything you asked me to do... let me know if there's anything else.

• 3 months later...