The Battle of the Bands (OOC)

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, that hits, and yes, you have Concealment against his lone Accurate sense, so he'll be flat-footed against you (so his +9 Defense becomes +4, although you would have hit him even if he wasn't flat-footed).

But what attack power are you using?

And why do you need to Surge? Switching an array is a Free Action. Activating Concealment is a Free Action (unless you've flawed it down, but I don't see anything on your sheet to indicate that). Teleporting is a Move Action. Attacking is a Standard Action.

And isn't Hellion's Teleport APed off of the same array as all his attack powers? He can't change up an array twice in one round.

Just to clarify, I allowed Rift to burn a HP for an "instant" counter against the Mind Control effect, right at the Bystanders' Init count, since you guys didn't get a chance to do so when The Maestro first used the power.

Rift's "instant counter" was a Reaction, so after the Bystanders do their thing, he gets his "real" turn. After which point, it will swing around to the top of the next round, beginning again with Z and Maestro.

No. Absolutely not. Please consider "permanently maiming or disabling" people to be under the same umbrella as "murdering them" in regard to "Things Which Are Too Iron Age For This Game."

Just to clarify, I've double-checked with the rest of the Ref Team, and we are of a mind on this point.

Here was the old initiative order:

Initiative/Conditions

Zephyr: 57, 2HP

The Maestro: 19, NPC

Chicken Sticks: 16, NPC, Fatigued

Geckoman: 14, 4HP

Breakdown: 13, 4HP

Hellion: 11, 4HP

Bystanders: 9, NPC, Mind Controlled

Rift: 8, 4HP

Spellbound: 4, NPC, Mind Controlled

I think the mind control has been canceled. I don't know how badly hurt Spellbound is. But if she is down for the count, I guess that puts Zephyr up?

Round 2

Zephyr: 57, 1HP

The Maestro: 15, NPC, Deafened

Breakdown: 13, 3HP

Rift: 8, 1HP, Bruised

Spellbound: 4, NPC, Mind Controlled, Unconscious

The Maestro's Init drops by -4 as part of his Deafened condition.

I've removed the Bystanders from the Init list, since they're no longer Mind Controlled, so now they won't do anything of significance except get in the way as they flee for their lives.

Yes, Rift had 2HPs left on his action. Burning 1 for that re-roll leaves him with 1HP.

Zephyr

Z's gonna show some "team spirit" this round.

Free Action: Take 20 on Notice checks (Quickness lets her do this in less than a second), hitting DC25 for Normal Vision, Normal Hearing, Normal Olfactory, Normal Touch, Infravision, and Ultravision (no extras on any of them).

Free Action: Maintain Concealment ("Displacement").

Standard Action: Aid every fellow hero in the area of her Rapid Attack power, which is all of them.

Aid check (DC10): 34. (With her bonus, since it's an attack roll, she'd have made it on anything but a natural "1.")

Every other hero (including Chicken Sticks and Spellbound) gets a +2 bonus this round, which they can use either on one attack roll, or as a dodge bonus against a single foe. Normally, the rules limit it to melee attacks, but I'm gonna play fast-&-loose with that restriction.

Hero Point: Zephyr will temporarily acquire the Taunt feat.

Move Action: Zephyr will Taunt The Maestro. Although it isn't explicitly stated one way or the other in the book, 90% of the population is heterosexual, so I'll assume Zephyr's Attractive bonus applies. I'll also give her a +2 circumstance bonus, since she knocked him on his ass last round and has evaded all of this attacks. She also suffers a -5 penalty for Taunting as a Move Action instead of the usual Standard Action. This leaves her with a total bonus of +3, against The Maestro's Sense Motive of +6, so the odds aren't quite on her side.

Zephyr's Bluff check: 16.

Maestro's Sense Motive check: 12.

The Maestro is Shaken for one round (until Zephyr's next Initiative count). He suffers -2 to attack rolls, saving throws, and "checks." Which basically means that he's been dropped by a combat PL for a round.

Round 2

Zephyr: 57, 0HP

The Maestro: 15, NPC, Deafened, Shaken

Right-o, Shaen.

As CS is just an NPC, I'm going to have him do little other than straight attacks in this thread. He's not really used to working with other teammates. The aid from Zephyr will cancel out his -2 to hit from fatigue, and he will enter an offensive stance to gain a further +2, giving him a total of +9.

Chicken Sticks:

Standard Action: Attack w/ Blast 7: Offensive Stance (+2 Attack -4 Def): Blast DC 22 on hit (1d20+9=26)

That should be good for a hit, I think.

Fatigued actually only gives you -1 Attack and Defense, and -2 Strength and Dexterity. And yes, that's more than enough to hit.

The Maestro's Toughness save (DC22): 13. He fails by 9, rendering him Bruised and Stunned.

He will use GM Fiat to recover from the Stun. Since Chicken-Sticks is an NPC, I'll wait, and give the HP to whoever Maestro attacks next (since he normally would've spent the round Stunned).

The KB result is 7, or 100 feet. I'm gonna say he hits a tree well before that, slamming into hit before falling on his ass (again). Wood is Toughness +3, so it's a DC18 save.

The Maestro's Toughness save (DC18): 12. He's Bruised and Stunned again. Again, I will GM Fiat to remove the Stun.

The Maestro

Move Action: Stand up from Prone.

Free Action: Maintain Force Field.

Free Action: Reconfigure Sonic Control array on sonic rod to Blast 11.

Standard Action: Blast Breakdown.

Maestro's attack roll (DC23): 26.

Quote, roll a DC26 Toughness save for Breakdown.

Quote, have a HP for Breakdown. I'll give the other one out later.

Round 2

The Maestro: 15, NPC, Bruised x2, Deafened, Shaken

Breakdown: 13, 4HP

Screw that noise. Literally. I'm going to have BD Burn an HP to get an automatic counter attempt.

Breakdown still has this setting active from last round when he deafened Maestro:

Music Mastery: [35pp]

Dazzle 13 (Auditory; Extras: Duration/Sustained; Flaws: Action/Full Round; PF: Accurate 3, Improved Critical 2) [31pp]

Attack 2 [4pp]

That means I believe I make an opposed power check. Opposed Power Check vs. Maestro for Counter (1d20+13=31) With a solid roll like that, I think he can only beat me on a natural 20, and maybe not even then if his shaken condition still comes into play.

Even without the Shaken penalty, Maestro would need a natural "20" to match that check. And since Breakdown has the higher bonus, he would win anyway. So yeah, there is literally no way Maestro can beat that counter. His power fizzles.

IC post is incoming. After I get it up, Quote, go ahead and post one in response.

Round 2

The Maestro: 15, NPC, Bruised x2, Deafened, Shaken

OK, Ecal, Gecks is up.

Ecal, it's been 3 days. If you don't post today, I'm gonna delay Geckoman's action and let the next person in line go.

On a brighter note, I've decided that I feel so bad about fridging Spellbound that I'm gonna bend the rules a bit. If you want, Gecks can burn a HP to give her a recovery check instead of himself.