The Battle of the Bands (OOC)

Ecal, it's been 3 days. If you don't post today, I'm gonna delay Geckoman's action and let the next person in line go.

Aww, can't we just resurrect it in 9 months? ;)

On a brighter note, I've decided that I feel so bad about fridging Spellbound that I'm gonna bend the rules a bit. If you want, Gecks can burn a HP to give her a recovery check instead of himself.

LIES...

OK, I assume it's a full-round action, then? Anyway, Gecks has 2 HP, +2 from Complications and Fiat. He uses one to recover Spellbound.Go, go recovery check! (1d20=5) ... dammit, woman, stealing another HP. It guaranteed passes, and unless I'm mistaken, she's now unhurt at all since she went straight from unharmed to unconscious?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww, can't we just resurrect it in 9 months? ;)

I will end you.

LIES...

OK, I assume it's a full-round action, then? Anyway, Gecks has 2 HP, +2 from Complications and Fiat. He uses one to recover Spellbound.Go, go recovery check! (1d20=5) ... dammit, woman, stealing another HP. It guaranteed passes, and unless I'm mistaken, she's now unhurt at all since she went straight from unharmed to unconscious?

Yes, that autopasse. She is now unhurt, and thanks to the counter, free from mind control.

I think that puts BD up again, yes?

I'll re-allocate Music Mastery:

Music Mastery 35pp

Speed 5 [5pp]

Enhanced Strength 10 [10pp]

Strike 7 (Vibratory Fist; PF: Mighty, Accurate) [9pp]

Attack 1 [2pp]

Enhanced Feats 1 [9pp]

- Attack Focus (Melee) 6

- Stunning Attack

- Improved Grab

- Improved Pin

Breakdown

Free Action: Re-allocate Music Mastery

Move Action: Move to Maestro

Standard Action: Melee Attack vs Maestro. If Successful, will Improved Grab, and select "Pin" as my Grapple Option

- All-out-Attack 5 vs. Maestro DC 28 on hit (1d20+18=22) I think that hits. I'll roll Grapple just in case.

Free Action: Initiate grapple, Calculating Current Grapple: 6 (Str) + 5 (Atk) + 6 (Atk Focus Melee) + 5 (All-out-Attack) = +22

- Grapple Vs. Maestro (1d20+22=29) If this succeeds, Maestro will suffer a -4 to all further escape checks because he is pinned.

Should I need to make any re-rolls, let me know, please. I'll throw up an IC after this all gets approval.

The Maestro's Defense is only +9 (DC19), so that roll definitely hits. His effective grapple bonus is +0 (+2, -2 from the Shaken penalty to "all checks"), and he can't roll a 30 on a D20, so he fails the grapple as well.

The Maestro has 2 Bruises, and -2 to his save from being Shaken, for a +7 total Toughness bonus.

The Maestro's Toughness save: 9. He fails by 19, so he's Unconscious. He's also Pinned, but that's of little consequence.

Round 2

Zephyr: 57, 0HP

Chicken Sticks: 16, NPC, Fatigued

The Maestro: 15, NPC, Bruised x2, Unconscious, Deafened

Geckoman: 14, 3HP

Breakdown: 13, 3HP

Hellion: 11, 4HP

Rift: 8, 1HP, Bruised

The Green Man: 8, NPC

Animated Trees: 8, NPC

Spellbound: 4, NPC

The Green Man shows up on Initiative count 13, right after Breakdown's action, but he doesn't actually get to go until count 8. He's got 500 Animated Tree minions (M&M2E, page 233) in tow. There is now approximately a 1:1 ratio of animated plants to humans in the park. Things just got crowded.

The Green Man's stats are on page 200 of FC2E, with the only difference being that he's currently got Continuous Growth 8 power stunted off of his plant-based ESP. That gives him -2 Attack (+8), -2 Defense (+8), +16 Strength (32/+11), +8 Constitution (26/+8, bringing his total Fortitude and Toughness saves to +14), +4 Intimidate (+10), +8 Grapple (+27), +8 KB Resist (15), and +10ft to his reach and movement.

Surprisingly enough, the Green Man has no special vulnerabilities to fire. His Defense is +8 (DC18), and Hellion's 27 hits him by 9, so that's +4 damage from Autofire (9 / 2 = 4.5). His Toughness is +14.

Toughness save (DC29): 33. Owch.

The Green Man's Toughness save (DC30): 26. He fails by 4, taking a Bruise.

"Stop being such a sap."

"Hey Mulch Man! Long time no fry!"

Both of you, have 1HP. I LOLed.

Round 2

Zephyr: 57, 0HP

Chicken Sticks: 16, NPC, Fatigued

The Maestro: 15, NPC, Bruised x2, Unconscious, Deafened

Geckoman: 14, 3HP

Breakdown: 13, 3HP

Hellion: 11, 5HP

Rift: 8, 1HP, Bruised

The Green Man: 8, NPC, Bruised

Animated Trees: 8, NPC

Spellbound: 4, NPC

Everyone gets 1HP for this setback.

The Green Man

Full Action: Recovery. Thanks to his Regeneration, he heals his one Bruised condition.

Free Action: Extra Effort to Surge.

Standard Action: Plant Control 12 (120ft diameter Snare) against the assembled heroes.

Everyone roll a DC22 Reflex save for 1/2 "damage," followed by a DC22 Reflex save against the Snare (or DC16, if you made the Reflex save).

Fail: Entangled, and you cannot move from that spot.

Fail by 5+: Bound, and thus, Helpless.

Chicken-Stick's Area Reflex save (DC22): 14.

Chicken-Stick's Snare Reflex save (DC22): 24. He's loose.

Spellbound's Area Reflex save (DC22): 20.

Spellbound's Snare Reflex save (DC22): 24. She's loose.

Zephyr's Area Reflex save (DC22): 26.

Zephyr's Snare Reflex save (DC16): Evasion = Automatic Success. She's loose.

As PL0 Bystanders, none of the concert attendees can make a DC22 save. Draw a 120ft diameter circle on a map of 5ft squares, and you get a big square made up of 12 x 12 5ft squares. That contains 144 5ft squares. Subtract 6 squares for you guys, and shave a few off the corners since it's a circle, and you're still left with over 100 people who are now caught in the Snares, Bound and Helpless.

Animated Trees

Full Action: Charge the heroes, from all directions.

Since they're Large (10ft x 10ft squares) and you guys are all Medium (5ft x 5ft squares), up to 4 Animated Trees can surround each hero.

Ecal, I'm gonna say that Geckoman and Spellbound are occupying the same 5ft square on the map, so the two of them are surrounded by 4 Animated Trees. Quote, same with Breakdown and The Maestro.

Everyone else is sufficiently spaced out that they can be completely surrounded.

For starters, nothing fancy. They're just gonna try to pummel you all.

I won't know which attack rolls hit until I see how you Snare saves turned out. The Animated Trees have an unarmed damage bonus of +7, so any Toughness saves are DC22.

Breakdown: 16, 15, 12, 7.

Chicken-Sticks: 18, 15, 14, 12. 1 hit.

Chicken-Stick's Toughness save (DC22): 14. He fails by 8.

He's Bruised, Prone, and Stunned for 1 round.

Animated Tree's damage +7, - Chicken-Stick's KB resist 3 = 4 = 10ft knockback. He hits one of the Animated Trees.

• Chicken-Stick's Toughness save (DC19):

Animated Tree's Toughness save (DC19): 10. It fails, and is Destroyed.

Geckoman: 14, 13, 13, 9.

Hellion: 16, 13, 12, 6.

The Maestro: He's Unconscious and Prone, so the Animated Trees ignore him for now.

Rift: 23, 20, 20, 15. Poor Rift. :(

Spellbound: She's still laying Prone, so the Animated Trees ignore her for the moment.

Zephyr: 20, 15, 13, 5. All 4 miss.

Round 2

Zephyr: 57, 1HP

Chicken Sticks: 16, NPC, Bruised, Stunned, Fatigued, Prone

The Maestro: 15, NPC, Bruised x2, Unconscious, Deafened, Prone

Geckoman: 14, 4HP

Breakdown: 13, 4HP

Hellion: 11, 6HP

Rift: 8, 2HP, Bruised

The Green Man: 8, NPC

Animated Trees (499): 8, NPC

Spellbound: 4, NPC, Prone

Reflex for Half vs Snare: Reflex DC 22 (1d20+6=13) Fail

Reflex Vs Snare: Reflex Vs Snare DC 22 (1d20+6=12) Fail by 10, Bound and Helpless.

Hero Point for a re-roll: Reflex Vs. Snare (1d20.minroll(11)+6=19) Fail by 3. Entangled

He loses his Dodge bonus to Def, putting his Def at 13-5 for all out attack = 8. Three attacks hit.

Breakdown owes three toughness saves DC 22 each.

Toughness DC 22 (1d20+13=22) Pass

TOU DC 22 (1d20+13=15) Fail by 7. Bruised and Stunned.

TOU DC 22 (1d20+12=17) Fail by 5. Bruised and Stunned again.

Can I reserve the right to use a hero point after I see the results of KB to nix the stun?

Before I do my rolls...Ummm, I'm sure that Trees can't fly :P

I think I stated that Rift was flying high enough from the ground to not get hit by melee. Not sure I wrote it clear enough for that though :?

I wasn't clear on that, but that's totally cool.

The trees have a ranged attack bonus equal to their melee attack bonus, so I'll just retcon it to say they were picking stuff up and throwing it at Rift instead. Which inflicts damage equal to their STR bonus.

Reflex for Half vs Snare: Reflex DC 22 (1d20+6=13) Fail

Reflex Vs Snare: Reflex Vs Snare DC 22 (1d20+6=12) Fail by 10, Bound and Helpless.

Hero Point for a re-roll: Reflex Vs. Snare (1d20.minroll(11)+6=19) Fail by 3. Entangled

He loses his Dodge bonus to Def...

No he doesn't. Being Entangled gives you -2 Defense. It doesn't render you flat-footed.

...putting his Def at 13-5 for all out attack = 8. Three attacks hit.

His DEF was +13. -5 for All-Out Attack is +8, and -2 for being Entangled is +6 (DC16). Only one of the attacks hit.

Breakdown owes three toughness saves DC 22 each.

Toughness DC 22 (1d20+13=22) Pass

TOU DC 22 (1d20+13=15) Fail by 7. Bruised and Stunned.

TOU DC 22 (1d20+12=17) Fail by 5. Bruised and Stunned again.

Can I reserve the right to use a hero point after I see the results of KB to nix the stun?

He owes one Toughness save, and since he passed his first one, we'll just use that.

So Breakdown avoids any damage. He's Entangled, so he suffers -2 Attack, -2 Defense, -4 Dexterity, and he can't move from that spot because the snare is anchored to the ground (roots coming up out of the mud). And if he gets hit with another Snare and fails the save by even 1, he'll be Bound and Helpless.

Since it's a rank 12 power, the snares are Toughness +12 if he wants to break them, and DC32 if he wants to use the Escape skill to slip out.

reflex (1d20+10=24)

I'm good (thanks to Evasion.

Do I still need Toughness rolls? W/ a Defense of 20, I don't think any of those actually connect...

No, with Hellion at his full DEF bonus, they all miss.

Ok then, Rolls

Reflex for 1/2 damage 8

Failed

2nd for DC22 15

...WE'RE NOT GONNA TAKE THAT! (HP flies away...)

Dice result is a a 9 so +10 due to reroll is a 26! Rift makes it out free.

(The Next set of rolls will be done better :P)

11, 28, 21, 16

...Yeeeeaaaah Rift is screwed now :(

Without anything (like the Snare) to affect his DEF bonus, he's got +10 (DC20). Only 3 of the attacks hit him. Why roll 4 Toughness saves?

The saves were DC22. I'll just take the 3 best ones that he rolled. One passed, one failed by 1, and one failed by 6. So he picks up 2 Bruised conditions, and he's Stunned for 1 round.

Addendum:

Rift failed a Toughness save by 5+, so he suffers Knockback. However, since he's up in the air, with Flight active, he just gets knocked further up. Damage 7 - KB Resist 5 = 2, so he only gets knocked up a couple of feet, hitting nothing but more air.

However, since he was Stunned, he needs to make Concentration checks to maintain all his Sustained powers (Flight, Force Field, etc.). DC = (Power Rank)+10 as Reactions (since being Stunned renders you incapable of taking Free Actions).

OK, so when Flight cuts out, Rift falls. Luckily, "high enough to be out of melee range" with the Large trees means about 10ft in their height, +10ft for their reach, so we'll call it 25ft or so. So Rift has to save vs falling damage, but it's only +2.

So let's get a DC17 Toughness save from Rift, sans Force Field.