Odd-Out Park Date (IC)

Blake's eyebrows perked up like a dog's ears. "Yeah! I'd love to meet the guy." Blake was inwardly beaming. She doesn't mind my arm around her shoulder! Score!

"But there's no science in my powers. Just magic, and not anything good, either. But he can have a look if he wants to. Truth be told, Blake was going to give the guy a call at some point, but he'd much rather go with Ashley. He was curious as to the nature of the being that was currently living (to some degree or another) inside of him.

Ashley didn't seem to mind Blake's arm around her shoulder. It didn't seem romantic, but rather, comforting, like there was someone to lean on in times of trouble. Her smile persisted, "I suppose we will find out when we get there. I'll get an appointment when possible." She sat up again and gestured Blake to walk again.

Ashley felt like this was heaven. It was all peaceful, beautiful, majestic. She could live here if possible, but it wasn't. Wanting to know Blake some more, she asked, "Blake, I wanted to know. How did your parents acquire the Necronomicon? I'm curious to know what a book was doing in their hands..."

Blake stood up, and continued walking. He looked forward as he talked. It was difficult for him to remember these things. He had been repressing their memory for so long he had almost forgotten about them. Through his rather amusing antics, he pushed their memory further and further back in his mind, and memories flooded his mind. Ashley's words broke the dam he had been building up for the past few months.

KC's eyes filled with tears, which he quickly wiped away. "I-I don't know. They were doing some experimental art, and they did drugs from time to time, you know? Never was a big deal where we lived. And so they got this book in the mail. Big black book." KC sniffed, and wiped his eyes again. "So they tell me to go hang with their friend, my 'Uncle Jarvis' at his flat down on the bottom floor. I fall asleep at his place, and when I wake up, there's a man at the door. He tells me they died while I was asleep!"

Blake's eyes flooded with tears; he can't hide from their memory anymore. "So I get this book for my inheritance. I'm curious, so I try it out. And that's the secret origin story of Kid Cthulhu."

"I can't hide who I am anymore, Ashley. It's been killing me to keep it in all this time."

Ashley listened to his story in shock. She had heard of this family with an... exquisite taste in art, that came off as unique and refreshing to public (most of them anyway). Then, nearly a year ago, they died of unknown causes. there wasn't a clue of what had happened aside from something that they picked up right before their untimely death, and their only child was AWOL from thereon out. They were quite notorious afterwords. It may have been a wild guess, but Blake's family seemed to have been the family from the story.

Ashley, not sure what to say, gently grabbed Blake's hand. She did not expect him to have this kind of reaction. By explanation of the story, Blake couldn't seem to connect with his parents, and this was the result of it. Ashley's own parents was killed, but they loved their daughter. They cared for her, and did what was best for her. Not like Blake, who's parent's left him alone and left this world without a parting goodbye. Ashley now started to think how lucky she was... and how others were in more dire need than her.

After a long moment of silence, Ashley started speaking. "Blake... I'm... sorry for asking. I... didn't know your past was like that." She found it difficult to find the words and the courage to speak. "If... there's time, maybe we could have a look at the place where they got the book?" It was hard for something to do unknowing with just a clue for support. She wanted to know what happened to Blake's parents. "Blake... if your alright with it..." Ashley wasn't sure how to put it... "I can... always be there to help you. Just... give me a call or a shout, and I'll be there."

Blake was surprised when she took his hand. "I guess that would probably be a good idea. I need to see what happened, and at the very least go back to my old place. It'll help me heal faster."

He was glad to hear her say she would be there for him. That's all Blake really needed all this time, was someone to talk to. He felt closer to Ashley, in that single moment, than in all the time he had known her. He did something he never thought he would work up the courage to do.

Blake kissed Ashley on her cheek. "Erm. Sorry. It's just I-" Blake said as his face turned red. "Well, I just...umm...you know." He said, turning to the side.

Ashley's face was rather red upon receiving the kiss. She didn't think that Blake would plant one on her like that. She did not want this relationship to advance so quickly, yet she couldn't help but feel such pity for her friend. She didn't know what to say either... "Uh... Um... Yeah." was her only quiet response, with a small smile in there.

Heading back to the rides, Ashley had a look at one of them. It was a spinning ride with seats as strawberries. No tilting was there. "Blake, I'll be going on that ride." she pointed to it. "Do you want to come?" She already started making her way there.

"Yeah, I would." Blake said, catching up. "Listen, uh. I'm sorry about that. I shouldn't have done that, not on our first date at least. It's just I felt so close to you at that moment, I couldn't help myself. Are we still cool, Ashley?"

Blake was kind of embarrassed, but glad she didn't freak out on him or anything. He let go of her hand. Best not to make this situation any more awkward.