Tank

Starsign

Introduction

Who are you? Sum yourself up in one sentence.

I'm Tank, a super-powered Elderri with a parasite in my body.

Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or nom de plume?

I got my name from the humans during the Grue Invasion. Some others go by me as the "Space Troll". What is a troll anyway?

What is your full birth name?

Jyad'Arun. The last name is a title for those with the parasite.

Where do you live?

I live nowadays in Greenbank, near the company I work at.

How old are you? What year were you born (if applicable)?

I think I'm near 60 years in age. Can't remember what year I was born.

Physical Traits

What is your gender? If not applicable, please explain.

I'm male. Isn't this an obvious answer?

How would you describe your heritage?

I was a person who was tasked as the guardian of my planet. Not much other than that.

How tall are you?

About average for an Elderri. For human measure, I'm near 7 feet.

What is your body type?

I'm a usual thin man for my race. But sometime's I'll use the parasite to increase my weight and build to great amounts.

Do you have any particular weaknesses, such as allergies or physical disabilities?

That strange substance called fire. It disables some of the parasite's powers.

How do you carry yourself? Are you graceful, or heavy on your feet? Can you be stealthy, do you walk with confidence?

I slam the ground with each step, looking nothing like a human. Stealth is impossible for me.

Describe your skin, eye, and hair color.

My skin is green, eye is slightly blue. I don't have hair.

How do you wear your hair, if applicable? Do you have facial hair?

I already answered that.

Do you consider yourself attractive? Do others?

I was considered nice among my race. With humans... Uh...

Do you have any scars, tattoos, piercings, or birthmarks?

All scars and birthmarks went away when the parasite came. Dunno what the other two are.

Do you resemble anyone famous?

I'm not from this planet. Should I have a resemblance to anyone on this planet?

Do you have a dominant hand?

All Elderri use both equally.

What kind of clothing do you wear?

I usually stick to the worker outfit to fit in with the humans.

Do you wear makeup?

All that skin color thing? I don't see the point.

What is your vocal range? Is your voice distinctive in some way?

It sounds a rougher than many of the humans. Even among the Elderri it was considered quite hard.

Do you have any distinctive habits, nervous tics, or mannerisms? Where did they come from, and what causes them? Do other people notice and remark on these habits? Do they annoy you or other people?

None in particular, at least from what humans have told me.

History

Where do you come from?

I'm from Gehlanna, a planet not from this solar system. I'd rather not talk about it.

Have you made any major moves, or do you live in your hometown?

I moved from there to here, that's all.

Do you feel loyal to your country of citizenship? Do you consider yourself patriotic? How do you feel about the government of your country?

I was told not to worry about "trivial matters" as my boss said.

How do you feel about the place you come from?

I loved Gehlanna. It felt much more free than here, but with a lot less... diversity I think?

Where is your home town? What was/is it like?

My hometown was quiet, simple and away from all important events. I didn't stay there long.

Growing up, were most of the people you knew similar to you, or were you somehow a minority? How did that affect you?

With a parasite, I was very different. The Elderri had respected me as their guardian, it felt like too much at times.

Is there something you've always been really good at or really bad at? How has that affected your life?

I always felt that I do well at protecting people, but it didn't work out. Now any heavy-lifting tasks seems to be all.

Were there any traumatic experiences in your early years (death of a family member, abandonment, orphaned at an early age)?

Early years? Nope. Before arriving at Earth? One huge disaster.

Briefly describe a defining moment in your childhood and how it influenced your life.

When I was chosen to be the host for the parasite. It's the reason for my powers and why I'm here today.

What stupid things did you do when you were younger?

I was a pretty gullible guy, that changed once I received the parasite.

Where did you go to school? How much school did you have, and did you enjoy it?

There wasn't such a thing as this "school". I was taught by my parents, then by the committee.

Do you have any mementos of your childhood? What are they, and why did you keep them? If you have none, why not?

If anything, the parasite. Don't have any choice in the matter.

When did you decide to become a hero? Why? Did anyone influence you one way or another in the decision?

I had interest of a hero when I met Dark Star. I became one once the Grue Invasion began. I felt good protecting the humans, and succeeding in doing do. Unlike Gehlanna...

Is the reason you give people for becoming a hero different than your real reason? If so, why?

Nope. I was tasked with protecting the people, I'll stick to it as my reason.

Do you have any deep, dark secrets in the past that may come back to haunt you?

Anything involving Grue or Elderri is considered one...

Do you represent yourself as being different from who you really are? Why?

I'm an Elderri that wants to save people. I don't have anything to hide about myself.

If you do have these secrets, what do you fear would happen if the truth became known? How far would you go to protect those secrets?

I'd rather not know about protecting secrets. If it gets out, I'll just say the truth.

Do you have any sort of criminal record? If so, is it public knowledge?

Wha..?!

Family

What are your biological parents' names?

Cale'Brun and Malu'Durn. One was a committee member, the other a civilian.

Were you raised by them? If not, please explain and describe who raised you.

Malu raised me until I inherited the parasite. Cale raised me from there on.

What was their standing in the community? What did/do they do for a living?

Cale was a Brun, a member of the committee that oversaw the world. Malu was a simple civilian that raised me for a time.

Where are your parents now?

Both... are dead.

Did your family stay in one area or move around a lot?

They stayed in their respective towns. Me however moved alot around Gehlanna.

How did you get along with their parents? How do you get along with them now (if applicable).

I loved both of my parents. Nowadays though I wish I spent more time with them.

How do your parents view you now, or how would they?

I... I don't know if they would be proud of how I do here or disappointed with what happened at... Gehlanna.

Do you have any siblings? If so how many and what are their names? Describe your relationship with them.

None.

What was your birth order in the family?

I came after my parents, that's all I know.

Where are your siblings now (if applicable)? Do they have families of their own? What do they do?

Don't have any.

Do you stay in touch with them or have you become estranged?

They're dead.

Do you love or hate one member of the family in particular?

No, I liked both of them.

Is any member of the family special to you in any way (perhaps, as a confidant, mentor, or arch-rival)?

All of them were strict mentors. They helped me inherit and use the parasite.

Are there any black (or white) sheep in the family (including you)? If so, please explain.

Not really.

Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor? If so, please explain, including how it has affected your life.

Not in particular. My father was a Brun, but it wasn't a big impact on my life.

Do you have a partner and children currently? If so, please describe them.

No, I have neither.

If you do not have a partner or children, do you want them someday? How firm are you in your opinion on this, and what might change your mind?

With a human? What a silly idea!

What type of person would be your ideal mate?

An Elderri that could support me in battle would be one.

Relationships

Do you have any close friends? If so, please describe them, and how you came to be close to them.

The closest would be my boss and Dark Star.

Do you have a best friend? If so, how did they become your best friend? How close are you to your best friend?

I consider Dark Star to be one, though we've only met a few times.. He came one day at Gehlanna and taught me about Earth and the human race.

If you were to go missing, who would worry about you?

All the workers at the building company would worry, as would my boss.

Have you lost any loves? If so, how did it happen, and what did you do?

I was never in love, but my family... No. Every Elderri I knew was killed by the Grue. I tried fighting back, but...

Do you have any bitter enemies? If so, please describe them and their history with you.

The Grue. They enslaved the Elderri before I was born. Then they destroyed the planet altogether. Dark Star is the reason I'm here.

If you have enemies, how do you think they might attempt to work against you in the future?

Their options are limited. They can't mind control me, so I think they're stuck with a physical battle, one they are at a massive disadvantage against.

What is the worst thing someone has done to you?

The Grue had destroyed my planet.

Where do your loyalties lie? In what order?

I lie with my boss and the company I work with.

Who or what do you trust the most? Why?

More than anyone else, I trust Dark Star.

Who or what do you despise? Why?

The Grue. You should know by now.

What qualities do you admire most in other people? Are these qualities you possess?

I respect anyone willing to defend others, self-sacrificing even. I have both qualities.

What qualities do you hate most in other people? Do you have any of those qualities?

Anyone who lacks care for any other person.

Do you have a secret identity? If so, who knows it? Do you hide it from people who are close to you? Why?

I play one, though everyone seems to figure it out without difficulty. I just play it for the spirit of being one.

Do you work well on teams and in groups? Are you a leader or a follower?

I have difficulty working with others, preferring to do what I want. At least that's what other superheroes say.

Are you on a super team? If so, how do you get along with your comrades? Do you trust them, or do you have secrets from them?

I'm not on any for the moment.

Are you a member of any church, fraternal organization, club, committee, political party, or other group? How much time do you spend on that?

Uh... Just the organization at the building company.

Personality & Beliefs

Who are your heroes?

Dark Star. He's the reason I didn't stay on the destroyed Gehlanna. Before him, all the other parasite hosts.

Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances?

Not really.

Do you like being a hero? If so, what is the most rewarding part? If not, what makes you keep doing it?

I really enjoy being a hero, I like protecting others, it feels really satisfying, along with being an order that was made to me.

Is there anything that would make you give up hero work, or even switch sides?

Not at all, I'm staying here as a hero!

What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?

I don't really have any yet.

What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?

Again, none yet.

What is your greatest fear? Why? What do you do when something triggers this fear?

Any kind of mass destruction that could have been prevented...

Is there anything you would give you life for?

I'd give my life to save the world. It doesn't sound realistic, but it's what I'd try to do.

How do you feel about money and material wealth? Do you desire it or disdain it? Are you miserly with what you have, or do you like to share? Is it a mark of success, or a means to an end?

I was also told not to worry about it. the company I work at has it covered.

How do you generally treat others?

I often mistake humans for aliens if they don't look like one. Otherwise I try to get along without argument.

Are you a trusting person? Has your trust ever been abused?

Once I get to know someone, they have my lasting trust. It has never been abused.

Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)? Do you have a lot of self-confidence?

I was a bit quiet for a time, but nowadays I am alot more talkative.

How do you act around attractive, available members of your preferred sex?

Normally. I don't have interests in love anymore.

What are your most annoying habits?

I often stomp the ground when walking, giving away my position.

Do you feel contempt for any general category of people? Who are they, and why?

The Grue, you know why.

What is your favorite food? Do you prefer any particular type of food? Do you take the time to enjoy your food, or do you eat as fast as you can?

I scarf down all the human food. I don't really like it.

What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)?

Uh... I suppose water, everything else doesn't go well with me.

What is your favorite treat (dessert)?

Again, I don't really like any.

Are there any specific foodstuffs that you find disgusting or refuse to eat?

All of it is disgusting, but it's not like I can refuse it.

What is your favorite color? Are there any colors you dislike?

I like brown, it's considered the color of fortitude on Gehlanna.

What sort of music do you like? Is there any that you hate?

I like... uh... tribal music. All else is to alien to me.

If you have a favorite scent, what is it?

Nothing here. I prefer the flowers of Gehlanna.

Do you have a favorite animal?

I like the flying ones. They have so much freedom that I feel jealous about.

What is your most treasured possession? Why?

The parasite. It keeps me alive and going strong. It's a reason I'm here.

Do you enjoy "roughing it", or do you prefer your creature comforts?

Um... What?!

Is there a job or a task you would absolutely refuse to do?

Anything that requires death or destruction in cold blood.

Do you consider yourself a spiritual person? If so, how do your beliefs affect your life? How important is it to you?

Any "spiritual" thing I follow is of the Elderri, though now I feel that it doesn't matter much.

Was your faith influenced or molded by anyone special?

Dark Star really helped me learn about Earth and the humans.

If you belong to a religious organization, how often do you attend? Do you have a specific place of worship, or friends within the organization? How much do you agree with the beliefs of your organization?

Again, I was told not to worry about it.

Could you kill? Have you killed?

I feel more disciplined about killing now, but before I caused quite a massacre of Grue by my hands.

What circumstances led to you forming that conviction, or taking that action?

Simply seeing the humans had made me held back on killing. I've grown curious of them, and attached.

Are there circumstances under which you believe it is permissible to kill? What are they?

I'd only do it without hesitation if they were Grue.

How would you react to watching someone kill another person? Would your reaction be different if the killer was a friend or an enemy of yours?

I've seen many Grue kill my people. I tried taking revenge, and I still will if the time comes.

How would you react if something important was stolen from you?

I would try to get it back, though all that's important is the parasite...

How would you react to public humiliation?

I'd try to make up for it. As long as I'm saving lives, it won't matter to me.

How would you react if a good friend or relative were purposely or accidentally killed? Has it happened to you?

I've seen my parents killed, you know why. For later on though... I can't answer that.

What do you consider to be the worst crime someone could commit and why?

Complete genocide. I've seen it happen...

If your life were to end in 24 hours, what five things would you do in those remaining hours?

I... I can't answer that one.

Career & Training

Do you have any special training in your hero skills? If so, where and how did you get it?

Not much. It was pretty much, "Here's the parasite and how to use it, protect all of us." It worked... to a point.

Who taught you the most about your heroing abilities? What was your relationship with that person?

For being a hero, Dark Star taught me more than any other person. I consider him a good friend of mine.

Do you have any particularly unusual skills? How did you acquire them?

I can use the parasite to increase my body to impenetrable levels, or to as close as it will get.

Do you do something besides hero work for a living? Have you ever done anything else, or do you plan to?

I work at a building company near Greenbank.

What is your preferred combat style?

Catch everyone's attention, be a shield to protect and charge to knock down the enemies.

Have you ever received any awards or honours?

The choosing for the host would be one, but that's all.

What skill areas would you like most to improve in? Is there anything you can't do that you wish desperately you could?

I'd like to be more social and understanding. I feel out of place with communication for humanity.

How do you act around people who are more skilled than you in areas you'd like to improve? Are you jealous, or do you try and learn?

I'd try to learn, though sometimes I can be jealous of them, depending on the person.

Lifestyle & Hobbies

What is a normal day for you? How do you feel when something interrupts this routine?

Usually it just build day and night. Sometimes interrupted by the Commissioner, my boss, which is a nice change at times.

Do you have any hobbies, or interests outside hero work? What are they, and where did you pick them up?

I prefer to explore the city in my free time, often the more dangerous areas.

What do you do for fun?

Again, explore.

Do you have a costume? What does it look like?

It's a brown cloth outfit, designed to stand my change in mass and shoe my fortitude in battle. It does sometimes get wrecked, but the company usually has a spare just in case.

How do you normally dress when not in costume?

In my workers outfit, I said so earlier.

What do you wear to bed most nights?

I don't sleep, never get tired unless I overwork myself, and I really have to try for that.

Do you wear any special jewelry? What is it, and what does it look like?

No...

Do you have a special place where you keep your valuables?

Don't have any, all were destroyed at Gehlanna.

What's your preferred means of local travel? How about long distance?

I don't have ways of getting around quickly. I just usually walk wherever I'm needed to go, if I know the way that is.

Miscellaneous

Have you ever made a will, or tried to make arrangements for your death? What provisions did you make?

I don't have arrangements. My boss said that it's all planned out for me.

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?

How is that supposed to work? Well... maybe the parasite, it always seemed indestructible.

What would you like to be remembered for after your death?

That I was an Elderri that protected humanity and was a great friend to them.

Do you believe you pose a threat to the public? Why or why not?

I don't see myself going against Earth. But... my powers could be dangerous to the city.

What do you perceive as your greatest strength?

My unfaltering will to protect and my strength.

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?

My lack of understanding of humans.

As a player, if you could, what advice would you give your character? Speak as if he/she were sitting right here in front of you. Use proper tone so they might heed your advice...

You need to find time to know more about humanity Tank. Not just to protect them because you feel they need it, but because you love them enough to protect them.