Executive Splashdown (IC): [GM]

Slipstream didn't want to give the suit a chance to recover. Once again, he leveled his blaster pistol at the metal giant and opened fire. He didn't check to see if this attack did as well as the previous, and just kept moving behind whatever could pass as "cover," even if it was just a bit of metal. He just hoped that the other two were fighting in better conditions than he was.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Rerouting system power. Generators: Online. Cloaking device: Active." The sensors in the HUD of the battlesuit announced. The man in the suit had no more words for his opponent. He did not wish to give away his position by speaking. With the aid of his jet boosters, he charged forward, and slammed a metallic fist into Slipstreams midsection. The blow connected with enough force to crack bone.

The wind was knocked out of Slipstream, and he was slammed into the wall at the end of the intersection (and he could swear he left an imprint shaped vaguely like himself in it) before falling face flat onto the floor.

Aside from the sudden major setback he found himself facing, as he picked himself up from the floor, he found he could not really concentrate or do much aside from just trying to stand; getting punched by the power suit had taken a lot out of him. Above all... "Oh, not now!" he grumbled as the force field began to flicker and slowly fade out.

Not exactly the best situation to be in...

It did seem that the rocketeer was in Dire Straights. Even the man in the battlesuit knew it. "Ha ha ha ha ha!" The cold steely echoed from Slipstream's invisible opponent somewhere down the hall.

Then Slipstream began to hear some strange sounds. *klank* *Ka-Chunk* *Whirrrrrrrr* His heart sank, he knew the sound of a mini gun getting up to speed when he heard it. He knew what would be coming next: Bullets.

*Brakka Brakka Brakka*

Some of the rounds grazed him (and boy did they sting), but he's still on his feet somehow. As the ringing in his ears started to subside, he groggily wondered out loud, "Whatever happened to 'dakkadakkadakka'?" He shook his head, then glared at the powersuit and once again opened fire with his blaster pistol.

As he fired at the suit, he mused to himself, When I get back, I am SO requisitioning a freaking bazooka or something. Or even a minigun...and wish for a Super Robot while you're at it.

As slipstream soon discovered, it was possible a Bazooka would not be needed after all. The beam made contact with the Battlesuit's head. More sparks flew and circuits sizzled. The Battlesuit recoiled from the blast. He stumbled, but remained standing. Able to do nothing more.

Finally, one of the blasts missed the Battlesuit. "Hmm, perhaps you have a point. You and your friends have caused much trouble for me, and I certainly do not wish to clash with AEGIS. Perhaps I shall run today and fight another day. Consider yourself lucky, rocket boy."

His circuits sizzling, the Battlesuit blasted off. He rocketed out through the hatch he had previously sealed shut. Mangling the steel of the ship on his way.

Slipstream was left battered and bruised below deck.

Beneath his helmet, Slipstream blinked as he absentmindedly holstered his blaster pistol. "...waiiiit. That actually worked!?" he sputtered. "...well, I hope he doesn't notice how many AEGIS soldiers AREN'T out there, but still..."

He shook his head before remembering. "Oh, right. I should probably go check on the others...wherever the hell they are." With that, he turned around and attempted to find the other two heroes.

After an extensive search of the ship, Slipstream could find no trace of the other two heroes. At one point, he discovered a second cargo hold where the captives Tank had been leading around were huddled. The only trace of the hero was a series of scorch marks in the room, and 40 oil drums that seemed to have been detonated. One wall of the ship in that room had been burst open. It looked like the metal had been slightly melted in the process. Slipstream suspected that Tank had gone right through it, possibly to try and put himself out. But there was no trace of what had happened to the large green hero after that.

Slipstream also found the place where Lukos had apparently gotten into a fight. There was no fire here, but there was a lot of blood. Following a trail of blood down one of the hallways, Slipstream discovered a man in a shredded suit. He was badly wounded, yet still breathing. Delirious from loss of blood, the only thing he could keep repeating was, "Wolf! Huge wolf!" Slipstream was glad the situation wasn't any worse...

After his investigation, and extraction of the wounded man, Slipstream met the rest of the captives topside. Still limping from his fight, he led them off the ship for extraction by the AEGIS troops.

"Okay, folks, line up," Slipstream said in a deadpan voice as he herded the hostages to the upper deck (there was really no other word for it). "Single file, no rushing, no cutting in line. Wait your turn, please." He really wished the other heroes didn't just disappear; they might have helped him play traffic cop with the hostages right about now.

Thankfully, AEGIS' transports, both boats and airborne, were on their way, though Slipstream wistfully looked at the aerial vehicles and wished he were up there himself. He almost didn't hear the voice in his radio comm address him. "...job, Slipstream. Nice one. You can leave it up to the troops to get the people where they need to. Come on home for debriefing, over."

"Roger that," he said thankfully. "Though I'm going to want to have a word with the R&D boys when I get back."

"...about that-" the operator said uneasily.

"Oh, you're not weaseling out of this one!" he snapped as he dived off of the side of the deck and punched the engine to life. "I was caught in the middle of a freaking tin can with no room to maneuver with this dinky flashlight!"

"PLEASE save your debrief for when you actually GET here, flyboy," the operator grumbled. The bickering would continue all the way until his return to AEGIS HQ.