Executive Splashdown (OOC)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course that means Crimson Sash is up!

For now, he will just throw one of his exploding knives at Tank. No attack roll is needed for this, as it is an AoE. Tank must make a DC 20 reflex save for half damage. Then a DC 25 toughness save if he fails, or a DC 20 Toughness save if he passes. However, this is FIRE damage. I think he is weak to that or something, so these DC's may be adjusted.

Initiative Order:

Slipstream -- 21 -- Unharmed -- HPx1

Crimson Sash -- 18 -- Unharmed

Tank -- 16 -- Unharmed -- HPx3

Fixer -- 16 -- Unharmed

Lukos -- 8 -- Unharmed -- HPx3

Battlesuit -- 7 -- Bruised, Stunned @ 21

Tank! You must roll saves! And then take your turn!

Here is something that I forgot to include earlier, I apologize for the delay, but it slipped my mind. Tank actually gets an HP for this attack, as the fire damage is coming from an environmental source, and not from the exploding dagger. The exploding dagger is purely concussive force. This raises Tank's HPs before the saves to 4.

I was incorrect earlier when I talked about Tank being weak to fire, as it turns out when I actually looked at your sheet its just a complication. Therefore, this attack will force Tank's parasite into hiding, triggering the complication and gaining you yet another HP. You now have 5. Wow.

Initiative Order:

Slipstream -- 21 -- Unharmed -- HPx1

Crimson Sash -- 18 -- Unharmed

Tank -- 16 -- Unharmed -- HPx5

Fixer -- 16 -- Unharmed

Lukos -- 8 -- Unharmed -- HPx3

Battlesuit -- 7 -- Bruised, Stunned @ 21

Tank is subject to a DC 20 reflex save for half damage on a/ DC 25 Toughness save.

EDIT: Also, Tank, if you're still conscious after this attack, I'm going to need you to make a Notice Check as a reaction.

It just came to my attention that Starsign was banned. While this sucks, we can work around it. The thread is almost over, so we're just going to forge ahead to the end from here. I'll have a post up for Fixer and Lukos as soon as I get back to my books. Then it will be your turn again, Basarin, as the Battlesuit guy is stunned.

Ouch! That's pretty harsh.

Well, Slipstream's going to try and make another attack. Same song and dance as last time, Blast 10 against the suit (his options are a little limited admittedly). He's otherwise keeping on his toes and trying not to stay still as best as he can given how cramped things are. Though if he's near a hallway where he can turn the corner (and away from the prisoners), I want him to turn the corner and make the suit come after him. (Depending if he is near or not, I'll either edit the post I just made or leave it as is).

(I did debate trying out his hologram generator (Illusion 3 Continuous), but I'll hold off on that for a bit I think).

He is no longer flat footed, so that attack will miss (Def 18)

For his turn,

Free action: he will activate his cloaking device as a

Move Action: Move to Slipstream

Standar Action: Attack

Melee Attack Vs. Slipstream DC 27 TOU on hit. (1d20+8=28) Yikes, a critical hit. That jacks the DC for the save up to 32!

I'm not sure if you have any Defensive Roll feats or anything, but just in case you do: You'll be flat footed against this attack unless you have some way of noticing where the guy in the Battlesuit is, thus loosing any feats and such that are lost when you're flat footed.

Also, I am going to just say this now. I'm on the verge of retiring Lukos. Just to make this thread go quicker, I'm going to have the rest of his fight take place off camera, since Slipstream can't see it anyway, and there's no other players here. Slipstream will discover the result of both Lukos and Tank's fights once he is in a position that he can actually see them.

So once you make your saves, it will be your turn again, provided you're not stunned, etc.

I can't make my rolls at this very moment; I'm getting hounded to go to sleep. So I'll post comments/questions instead.

Is this a purely defensive roll? Or do we also factor in toughness? Flatfooted, I have a defense roll of +4 (+8 normally), but I also have a forcefield that contributes to toughness saves. Just want to double check to make sure I'm not forgetting something that could help save my hide here. :D

Also, would X-Ray vision track down the cloaked power suit? Slipstream's helmet comes equipped with one.

X-Ray will not see through the concealment. It's built with Penetrates Concealment, not Counters Concealment. Translation: You can see through walls, but not through concealment powers.

Your defense is a static number = 10 + Defense Bonuses. In your case, 18. However since your flat footed, your defense is 14. It is the attacker's job to roll against and beat this number. A hit is achieved if the attack roll equals or exceeds the defense of the opposing character. However, since the guy in the battle suit rolled a 20, it automatically hits, and is a critical hit (thus the increased DC).

So now you roll toughness, plus any appropriate modifiers (Constitution bonus and Force Field both apply for instance). Then tell me the result. We'll go from there.

This is what is known as an "impossible save". In this case it is still possible to save against the attack. If you roll a 20, even if that does not pass the save, you still only take the lowest possible damage condition from the attack (in this case, a bruise).

Failing by 13 would leave you staggered and stunned, while this doesn't actually hinder your actual toughness save, its still very bad. Stunned means you can't take actions next turn and are knocked back. Staggered means that when you are able to act, you only get one action per turn besides free actions (standard or move but not both).

The staggered condition is pretty crippling to any combatabt. Might I recommend spending a HP to reroll your toughness save? If you do, and you end up rolling 10 or less on the die, you immediately gain a +10 bonus to the roll. Thus a reroll is only capable of rolling an 11-20 on the die. With your +9 save, you have a 70% chance (14 or better on the die) of achieving the "fail by 5 or more category" and only being bruised and stunned. Worth the calculated risk as far as I am concerned!

Well unfortunately yes. Its not an autofail, but you only grabbed yourself a 20 instead of a 19 on the roll. How unfortunate :( so you fail by 12 leaving you staggered and stunned. I'm going to say for cinematic effect that you get knocked back into a wall.

Since your stunned, you need to roll concentration to maintain any powers of concentration duration (flight, force field) dc = 10 + power rank, so maintaining forcefield 10 would be dc 20.