Executive Splashdown (OOC)

Lukos is up. The mooks on deck where he is have split up, and gained a good defensive position. They travel in twos rather than clumping into one. They are well trained and they communicate through radios. (Instead of the Cellphones in their description. I forgot to make that replacement earlier, I apologize). They've set up some good defensive positions and scattered effectively. Normally, that wouldn't stop Lukos, but he's not quite ready to go all out just yet.

Lukos will instead use his seldom used Fearsome Presence power. Everyone within 75 feet of the ships deck that can hear Lukos (including Tank and Slipstream) must make a DC 25 Will save versus the fear effect. I already know that Tank is immune due to fearless. I don't know about slipstream. Failure by 5 means you flee. Failure by 10 means you panic and drop any held items, running at top speed away from Lukos. Failure by less than 5 means your Shaken.

Standard Action: Fearsome Presence

Move Action: Nothing

Mooks Save vs. DC 25 Will: 0 Mooks below deck pass (3 fail by less than five, 2 by 5, 5 by 10). 0 Mooks above deck pass (2 fail by less than five, 1 by 5, 7 by 10). 1 P90 mook passes (1 fails by less than five, 4 by 5, 4 by 10).

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was pretty bad. Save vs. Will DC 25: 7+8 = 15.

Taking advice of others, I'm just going to burn the Hero Point that I have to get the "Fearless" feat. If I fudge up any rolls afterward, I can at least deal with it; losing to a roll like this (to a teammate no less!) is just kind of embarrassing.

That being said, whenever it's Slipstream's turn, he's flying up to support Lukos; there's more room to maneuver up there than in the ship's hold.

Standard Action: Attacking P90 Mook (Blast 10)

Move Action: Positioning himself above deck.

Starsign, they're actually all still standing at the middle of the hallway which is about 60 feet long. They haven't had the chance to run yet, as they have not acted in combat yet.

What with being shaken and all, I'll assume they're going to fail. I'm AFB, but this is a minor plot point, so we'll say they go down like bowling pins.

More later,

-Q

Basarin, they are minions. This means as a non-minion character, you can take 10 on attack rolls to hit them. Just for ease, I'm going to assume that that's what you did as it's better than your actual roll, and I want to get this over with ;)Toughnes P90 mook. VS DC 25 (1d20+5=13) As a minion, he bites the dust. I'll have to update more later, as I don't remember the rest of their stats right now.

Well, my basic plan here was that we somehow join back up, find where they're holding the captives, and then try to make good our escape, only to be attack by more baddies (this time, a more serious threat).

So go ahead and make some IC posting. Maybe a basic reaction to that fight being over so fast? I'll post again later with some more of your surroundings and stuff. I'm far too tired right now. :(

Sorry if I wasn't clear in chat about this... But I have something planned for the characters before they get all the way to the deck, so could you guys edit your posts?

Even if they are near a hatch that leads topside, but have not yet reached the deck, that's fine. For instance, Slipstream could be looking up a set of stairs that leads to an open hatch that leads to the deck, but he shouldn't exit through that hatch yet. In Tank's case, he can continue his conversation after opening the hatch, which opens into a very large room, for instance.

I'll throw up a post saying what Lukos is doing, and after you guys make edits, I'll post another description of their current surroundings.

I think this is a good place to start the fight. Let me just finish drawing up stats for the enemies. I'm probably going to use a suped up version of something from instant superheroes for Lukos' fight to be fair. I'll likely upgrade the tracer to PL11 or some such thing. Slipstream's bad guy will likely be one of the power suit PL10's from the same book because I'm lazy. And for Tank, I have most of an NPC drawn up, right now I think he's PL10/120 points or something, I don't think I'll bother filling him out, as the rest of any build like that would be flavor skills and such, but I'll let you know what the end result is. Starsign, are you okay with me using a custom build for your fight? If not, just say so, and I can use something from the books. I promise it's nothing too nasty. The guy has three types of knives that he can throw, a regular knife which he throws rapidly for autofire, a knife with an explosive charge in it, and a knife with poison on the blade. He's also very acrobatic. If you want, I can put up a build for him if you really want to see it.

In other news, Slipstream gets a Hero Point for being stuck within the bowels of the ship with the power suit guy where he can't fly (very well). I'm going to need initiative from Slipstream. I'll roll initiative for Lukos and the baddies in a few minutes after I get the books together and hear back from Starsign about the NPC.

For this fight, you are on your own. But there is good news. If you can find a way to bring the fight to your friends, you may be able to join them together. For instance, if Tank somehow gets those hatch doors open, and finds Lukos fighting on the deck with his enemy, then the fights will mash together. I have conditions in my head set for the both of you to be able to escape your predicament and meet up on the deck with Lukos. I'm not going to tell you what they are, but you should feel free to experiment. :)

So one last check before the fight starts. Are these conditions okay with the two of you?

Fixer (Fighing Lukos) Initiative (1d20+6=16)

Crimson Sash (Fighting Tank) Initiative (1d20+13=18)

Battlesuit (Fighting Slipstream) Initiative (1d20+1=6)

Lukos Initiative (1d20+1=8)

Initiative Order:

Slipstream -- 21 -- Unharmed -- HPx1

Crimson Sash -- 18 -- Unharmed

Tank -- 16 -- Unharmed -- HPx3

Fixer -- 16 -- Unharmed

Lukos -- 8 -- Unharmed -- HPx3

Battlesuit -- 7 -- Unharmed

Slipstream, you're up first. Post whenever you're ready. Make a separate post for it, and you may include that the hostages scattered down different hallways away from the fight. Keep in mind, you're reduced to Flight 1 while fighting, and can barely even hover. So you won't get any bonuses from your Favored Environment feats.

Before I make my post (and I really do apologize for asking about this), how do you determine the DC on the battlesuit (which is the one I'm assuming you're working with from the Instant Heroes book)?

I just want to double check that I'm doing this right. I want to hit him with a Blast attack, so would that mean I'm rolling against a DC of 25? (I have both Blast 10 and Blast 5 Penetrating)

I'm sorry for the questions holding up the thread.

Ok so basically, its an attack roll. it's independent of any of his saves for now. You just roll to hit his defense using whatever attack you want. You have to let me know whether that is blast 10 or blast 5 penetrating. Then roll 1d20+[your accuracy] and I will tell you if you hit or not. After that, I will tell you how the saves went!