The Sounds of Science! [IC]

"The process is basically altering any given material at a atomic level, a similar idea to what people in the middle ages were trying to achieve through alchemy but I doubt it can turn lead into gold. Changes I could get through it include reduced weight, increase or decrease conductivity of metals, and perhaps create all new materials man has never seen." the guitarist said. "Either that or it will turn everything its used on into Slag. Though I don't plan on changing anything organic, except some types of wood or dead matter."

"Problem is...It requires a certain Radioactive isotope to act as the catalyst element. I know for certain you can't exactly go down to the mall and ask for that, nor is it smart to make deals with Libyan terrorists. so I've hit a massive roadblock in that area." Rift replied in a slightly dejected tone.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Turning Lead into Gold is not nearly as difficult as some make it out to be," Archeville replied nonchalantly, "but it is not nearly as useful as it vonce vas. Now, Carbon to Lithium, or an efficient vay to synthesize transuranic elements like Californium -- dat vould be useful!"

"Dough... I suppose you do already know de difficulties in dat. Perhaps... tell me, vhat are your plans for de future? I mean, do you plan to attend college after Claremont?"

Claremont? Pft, kid's probably a dropout.

Oh, he obviously is a Claremont student -- why would he not? He is clearly intelligent, and metahumanly gifted, so Claremont is the perfect place for him! And assuming Summers has heard of him -- and there is no reason to assume Summers has not heard of him -- he would have snatched the lad up as soon as possible. And because I have a good 'vibe' from this kid-

Okay, stop. One, that's a horrible pun. Two, you're not thinking of giving him any of our money, are you?

ArcheTech does fund certain scholarships, and he seems a good candidate. Though I am going to investigate him further to make sure he is on the level.

"Sorta the point of the experiment Doc. Most inventions and possible Marvels of humanity are simply impossible without certain Elements to assemble them." Rift replied with a shurg as they continued to fly. Feels like I've been up here longer than I should have. Damn time does some weird things to the mind.

"You know about Claremont? Seriously, I'm starting to wonder how that place keeps everything secret." He said with a slight chuckle. "Honestly I'm not sure. do want to do play professionally, but I'm a realist, I doubt it will happen even if I'm pretty skilled. I would try and get into HIT, but I'm struggling with money enough as it is and that place is pretty damn pricey."

Archeville smirked, "I know enough about Claremont. Von of de perks of being on de Freedom League."

And of having a spy in there already...

Had. Lynn has not done that in some time, nor should he have to again.

Oh, you mean you're okay with those superpowered angst bombs running around?

I trust Duncan Summers. So does Elena.

Pft...

"ArcheTech does offer scholarships for dose pursuing scientific und technical fields," the Doktor said as the pyramidal build came into view, "und I am sure you vould qualify for it. Also, I am vorking mit HIT to see if I can get my employees a discount on tuition; ASTRO Labs had been vorking on someding similar."

But they couldn't do it because they are inferior!

They are not, and we can learn a lot from them.

Bah!

He touched down on the ArcheTech helipad, "I see much potential in you, Herr Rift, und vish to encourage it, in as many vays as possible."

"Whoa, really?" Rift wasn't expecting that. He was sure there were others that would qualify for scholarships involving science than him. "Well, does sound better than beating up crooks with Black Sabbath." He said with a shrug as he touched down at the same time as Archeville. He took a moment to rub his shoulder. Lugging around a guitar can be a pain. "Thanks doc. Still good to hear." He laughed a little before cracking his knuckles and streching his arms. "I still have some other projects on the side as well, though I think I'll focus on Matter Alternation first to see what comes of it."

• 2 weeks later...

"It is usually best to focus on one task at a time," Archeville said, "to finish someding before moving on to anozher projekt. Not dat I am von to talk..." he added, chuckling.

If your ideas weren't so boring, I might be more interested in them.

Boring? Space elevators! Moon colonies!

Boooring...

He opened an elevator door and ushered Rift in, "I vill haff de papervork for de scholarship sent to youy, as vell as information on some internship programmes ve haff here dat I am sure vould interest you. Perhaps some day you could even haff a true job here... unless, of course," he smirked, "de fame of a rock star draws you avay,"

"Yeah. Too many things at once and suddenly you lose it." Rift said as he entered the elevator. "And thanks Doc. Maybe I might work here. Or maybe I will get famous somehow. I dunno. Either way I'm probably not going to give up on the science part of things. Like I said, a lot of projects on the side and I don't know when they will get finished." The Teen explained, watching the elevator count down from the roof to what he thought to be their last destination. "Anyway. If I run into anything interesting that I can't drag around with me or figure out on m own, I'll see about giving you or ArcheTech a call. A lot of villains do have plenty of tech that could make them rich, if they ever bothered to actually use it to make money instead of taking it."

Of course, left it unmentioned if he would bring in any doomsday devices. Trusting them in the hands of Doctor Archeville, even if hes shown to be semi-benevolent, would be a bad idea in some cases. Unless the world depended on it of course.

~fin~