Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dr Archeville

Opposites Attract [OOC]

Recommended Posts

"Speaking of which, did you really tip the barista $200?"

No! 200%, quite a bit more than the 20% that's normally recommended/expected for a tip. Two cups of coffee (one being really nice) and a raspberry danish would come to, what, $15 at most? So with the 200% tip (leaving twice the total price of the meal as a tip), that'd be $45 total.

Share this post


Link to post

No! 200%, quite a bit more than the 20% that's normally recommended/expected for a tip. Two cups of coffee (one being really nice) and a raspberry danish would come to, what, $15 at most? So with the 200% tip (leaving twice the total price of the meal as a tip), that'd be $45 total.

Okay, okay, my misread. I know how to tip, thank you. :P

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, sorry about that. :oops:

I think I'm going to give up and just list my weekends as unavailable. I was supposed to have the holiday weekend free, but that fell through in a big way!

Share this post


Link to post

And now... doom!

Due to our positions -- we're on the second floor, they're on the first -- we have cover from the bad guys during the surprise round. Since they can't see us, we have concealment, too. Vice versa's also true, a least until one of us goes to the window.

Initiatives for baddies

Bi: 17

Bl: 22

Cy: 11

Ra: 4

Sl: 16

Th: 13

For the purposes of this thread, all six will be treated as proper villains, not minions.

Bl and Bi take out the guards at the front door, Ra and Th spend the surprise round trying to blast in the front door, and Cy and Sl are flying/running around scouting the area. (Don't worry, they'll get full names soon ;) )

The guards at the front gate are there for show, they're mooks, so I won't both rolling for them. They're KO'd. (Well, not quite, you'll see exactly what's happened to them later.)

The front door is reinforced wood, toughness 5. Normally I would have the door take 10 on the toughness save, for a 15 total. However, Ra and Th are not only combining their attacks (so Th delays to initiative spot 4, same as Ra), they're using a full round to blast through, so the attacked object only gets to take 5, for a 10 total. Against their combined blast 13 (DC 28), that fails by 18, and is destroyed. The door explodes inward.

Initiative for Dok (1d20+7=14)

So the combat order is:

22 -- Bl -- Unharmed

17 -- Bi -- Unharmed

16 -- Sl -- Unharmed

14 -- Dok -- Unharmed -- 5 HPs

11 -- Cy -- Unharmed

4 -- Th -- Unharmed

4 -- Ra -- Unharmed

Once I get an initiative from you, I'll start posting more IC.

Share this post


Link to post

Alright, so combat order is

So the combat order is:

22 -- Bl -- Unharmed

18 -- Fulcrum -- Unharmed -- 1 HP

17 -- Bi -- Unharmed

16 -- Sl -- Unharmed

14 -- Dok -- Unharmed -- 5 HPs

11 -- Cy -- Unharmed

4 -- Th -- Unharmed

4 -- Ra -- Unharmed

Yeah, go ahead and make a post, then I'll do GM-y stuff in the IC thread.

Share this post


Link to post

Alrighty then, going to keep it simple for the surprise round!

I assumed my array was already to Speed/Quickness, but I'll be sure.

Free Action: Switching to full Speed/Quickness 9

Move Action: Moving to window to observe

Free Action: Switching into costume via Quickness

Hopefully that is all rules legal. To be honest I don't have my books at the moment and am feeling a bit rusty anyway. :D

Share this post


Link to post

Something I should've mentioned earlier (though I don't think it'll affect you as much as it affects me): remember that this takes place in January 2010. Of course, I don't expect you to have a copy of Fulcrum's char sheet from that time (I certainly don't have one for Dok!), I would like you to treat Fulcrum as PL 11 (her PL at the time)... which is actually what she still is now, so you actually don't need to make any changes! :D

I, on the other hand, will treat Dok as if he's PL 14 (as are his Castle's Defense Systems). More importantly, his Belt/Force Field doesn't have the Enhanced Fort save or Shield, or the Incorporeal AP, or the Shrinking AP... except I already displayed those when they met at ArcheTech... so I'll say he's wearing an older Belt, one that looks nicer . ;) Also, he does not have his two Combat-centric APs on his Enhanced Mind; those he gets later (I even have a storyline planned for them!), so he'd have to stunt to get them.

So, yeah, it does affect me a lot more than it does you, as it doesn't affect you at all!

Also, the map for the castle I'm basing Schloss Wissenschaft on (as seen here!) has the dining hall near the back, so we normally couldn't see attackers at the front gate. But, thanks to Archevile's :science: (and the Radius on All Vision it grants, via cameras all over the place and how each window can become a screen that shows the feed from any camera), we actually can see the front door while looking out a window that would normally show the back!

Finally, the baddies have someone on their team with Master Plan!

Master Plan check (1d20+8=22)

So +2 on all rolls for the first 3 rounds, and +1 for round #4, once the plan starts.

And with that out of the way...

22 -- Bl -- Unharmed

18 -- Fulcrum -- Unharmed -- 1 HP

17 -- Bi -- Unharmed

16 -- Sl -- Unharmed

14 -- Dok -- Unharmed -- 5 HPs

11 -- Cy -- Unharmed

4 -- Th -- Unharmed

4 -- Ra -- Unharmed

Bi continues keeping a wary eye out.

Sl, running around the place, may be able to catch a glimpse of us as he runs 'round. Since you did not mention that she looked out the window with any discretion, I'll assume she's not using Stealth in doing so. Her size gives more of a penalty, though the distance from the ground floor does help some. I'll say it'll be a DC 12 Notice check for Slick to spot her peering out the window.

Notice check for Sl (1d20+6=22)

Yowza! He sees her, and dashes back to the others. Does he recognize her, though?

Knowledge check (untrained) for Sl to see if he recognizes Fulcrum (1d20=10) No, not really! He just sees a giant in the Doktor's castle laboratory. Clearly it's a monster of his creation!


22 -- Bl -- Unharmed

18 -- Fulcrum -- Unharmed -- 1 HP

17 -- Bi -- Unharmed

16 -- Sl -- Unharmed

14 -- Dok -- Unharmed -- 5 HPs

11 -- Cy -- Unharmed

4 -- Th -- Unharmed

4 -- Ra -- Unharmed

Move action to zip over to the window.

Free action to describe who all is down there.

Standard action to reconfigure his Gadgets into a 'remote control' for his Castle's systems.


22 -- Blackstar -- Unharmed

18 -- Fulcrum -- Unharmed -- 1 HP

17 -- Binder -- Unharmed

16 -- Slick -- Unharmed

14 -- Dok -- Unharmed -- 5 HPs

11 -- Cyclone -- Unharmed

4 -- Thunderbolt -- Unharmed

4 -- Radium -- Unharmed

Cyclone was also doing aerial recon. Does he spot Fulcrum and Dok? Notice check, DC 12 for Fulcrum, 16 for Dok (she dwarfs him!).

Notice check (1d20+3=16) He sees us both!

He flies off (move action), towards the front of the castle, towards his teammates, radioing in as he goes.

Thunderbolt runs towards the entrance, but is attacked by the Castle's automated defenses!

Attack vs. Thunderbolt (Defense 14); DC 27 Toughness if it hits (1d20+14=19)

Toughness save, DC 27 (1d20+12=21) Fails by 6, Bruised + Stunned.

Radium strolls in, opening sections of his containment suit as he goes, flooding the area with deadly radiation. The few people down in the courtyard and entry hall fall.


Begin Round 2

22 -- Blackstar -- Unharmed

18 -- Fulcrum -- Unharmed -- 1 HP

17 -- Binder -- Unharmed

16 -- Slick -- Unharmed

14 -- Dok -- Unharmed -- 5 HPs

11 -- Cyclone -- Unharmed

4 -- Thunderbolt -- Unharmed

4 -- Radium -- Unharmed

Blackstar... holds his action. Because Fastball Specials don't happen by themselves.

You're up!

Share this post


Link to post

Heh. Fulcrum I designed to be completely stealth-less! My first tabletop character was a costumed adventurer that lived and breathed stealth. Unfortunately, I'm running short of time tonight, but I will post as soon as possible tomorrow. Probably going to either punch Binder or rush him. Figure that out at work. ;)

Share this post


Link to post

Free Action: Open Window

Free Action: Shifting Array to Flight 4, Unstoppable Immovability 5

Move Action: Fly out to Blackstar

Standard Action: Rush him into Radium (hopefully)

Rush Strength Check vs Rush (+14 Str, +4 Size, +4 Flight) (1d20+22=32)

I'm keeping the 5 ranks of Unstoppable to hopefully overcome any, ahem, Immovability Mister Density has thrown up. I have a feeling that this is going to hurt whether I win or lose. ;)

Share this post


Link to post

Blackstar wasn't in his dense form -- he was at normal density/weight, waiting for Cyclone to pick him up (then he'd go dense mid-air after Cyclone flung him).

GM Fiat to let him switch on his Density and not be creamed rightout the gate. Fulcrum gains an HP.

Your total is actually +1 higher -- you forget the 1 rank of Flight Fulcrum has outside her Array. Which puts that total at 33, which (without his Immovable) Blackstar can't beat.

But how far you push him depends on how much he fails the opposed check by.

Opposed Rush check; +10 Str, +2 Super-Str; no Immovable due to Fulcrum's Unstoppable (1d20+12=31) Only fails by 2, which per the Progression Table is... a mere two feet!


22 -- Blackstar -- Unharmed

18 -- Fulcrum -- Unharmed -- 2 HP

17 -- Binder -- Unharmed

16 -- Slick -- Unharmed

14 -- Dok -- Unharmed -- 5 HPs

11 -- Cyclone -- Unharmed

4 -- Thunderbolt -- Bruised, Stunned

4 -- Radium -- Unharmed

Binder

Free Action: Start Master Plan.

Standard Action: Fires his Glue-Gun at Fulcrum, attempting to bind her & anchor her to the ground.

Ranged Attack (Snare) vs. Fulcrum (Defense 18); includes +2 from Master Plan; DC 20 Ref save if it hits. (1d20+8=11)

GM Fiat for reroll; Fulcrum gets another HP.

Ranged Attack (Snare) vs. Fulcrum (Defense 18); includes +2 from Master Plan; DC 20 Ref save if it hits; HP re-roll (1d20+8=19) just manages to hit.

Move Action: Fly inside via his armor's jets (not hanging around to see if the resin holds her).

Slick

Move Action (Partial): Arrive at scene, staying 40 feet from Fulcrum and Blackstar.

Standard Action: Use Friction Control/Snare. It's a Perception Area effect, so Fulcrum & Blackstar both need to make Reflex saves (DC 18) for the area part, then another Reflex save (18, or 14 if you made the first DC 18 save) against the Snare itself. However, his Snare is Entangle only, it cannot layer on to Binder's resin!Snare. However, do remember any penalties to your Reflex save you have from a reduced Dex if Binder's Snare got you.

Reflex save vs. Area part of Area Snare (1d20+7=15) fails, so his DC for the save on the Snare part is 18.

Reflex save vs. Snare part of Area Snare (1d20+7=11) Also fails. Blackstar is Entangled (-2 penalty to attack rolls and Defense, and a -4 penalty to Dexterity [which means -2 on Initiative and Reflex saves])

Move Action (Partial): Skates in a wide (40-ft. radius) circle around Fulcrum. Why? Because he can!


20 -- Blackstar -- Unharmed, Entangled

18 -- Fulcrum -- Unharmed (Entangled? Bound & Helpless?) -- 3 HP

17 -- Binder -- Unharmed

16 -- Slick -- Unharmed

14 -- Dok -- Unharmed -- 5 HPs

11 -- Cyclone -- Unharmed

4 -- Thunderbolt -- Bruised, Stunned

4 -- Radium -- Unharmed

Move Action: Fly to Communications Center

Free Action: Activate intercom systems.

Free Action: HP to us Beginner's Luck to get 5r in Intimidate. Of course, he's been using his Enhanced Charisma all evening, so no need to switch.

Standard Action: Proclamations of Doom! I.e, intimidate check to demoralize them.

Intimidate check (1d20+13=27)

Countering Dok's Intimidate; Binder, Blackstar, Cyclone, Radium, Slick, Thunderbolt (1d20+4=20, 1d20+5=23, 1d20+4=5, 1d20+5=10, 1d20+3=5, 1d20+5=12) They all soil themselves. Expecially Cyclone.

The HQ's own Defense system takes a shot at Radium, with its own Snare.

Attack (Snare) vs. Radium (Defense 16); DC 23 Ref save if it hits (1d20+14=18)

Ref save vs. Snare (DC 23) (1d20+7=10) Radium is bound and helpless!

I'm going to wait until I see how Fulcrum's doing so far before posting the actions for the others.

Share this post


Link to post

A 19!?

Fulcrum should really learn that first strike attacks rarely work. Which is what her player has discovered about fights here. :P

Reflex vs Binder's DC 20 Snare (1d20+5=8) HPing that baby

HP reroll Reflex DC 20 vs Binder's Snare (1d20+5=11) 21!

Reflex DC 18 vs Slick's Area (Snare) (1d20+5=25)

Reflex DC 14 vs Slick's Snare (1d20+5=23) Alright!

I can't believe I actually managed that. o.O

Why that dog! Using his Enhanced Charisma all evening, huh?

Share this post


Link to post

If he hadn't, he would've sounded like the titular character from Bones. Well, more like her. ;)

20 -- Blackstar -- Unharmed, Entangled (Snare 8), Shaken

18 -- Fulcrum -- Unharmed -- 2 HP

17 -- Binder -- Unharmed, Shaken

16 -- Slick -- Unharmed, Shaken

14 -- Dok -- Unharmed -- 5 HPs

11 -- Cyclone -- Unharmed, Shaken

4 -- Thunderbolt -- Bruised, Shaken

4 -- Radium -- Unharmed, Bound/Helpless (Snare 13), Shaken

Cyclone

got a natural 1 on his check to oppose Archeville's intimidate, failing by over 20...

Move Action x2: Run away! (Will he get a hold of himself before battle's end? Who can say...)

Thunderbolt

is no longer stunned!

Full Action: Charge Fulcrum with his Lighting Fists (Linked Strike/Visual Dazzle effect).

Charging Fulcrum (Defense 18); +2 from Master Plan, -2 from Shaken, +2 from Charging; DC 26 Tough save (Damage) & DC 21 Ref save (Visual Dazzle) if it hits (1d20+5=14)

Fiat for HP Re-roll; Fulcrum gains an HP.

Charging Fulcrum (Defense 18); +2 from Master Plan, -2 from Shaken, +2 from Charging; DC 26 Tough save (Damage) & DC 21 Ref save (Visual Dazzle) if it hits; HP re-roll (1d20+5=21)

Radium

Is bound by a Toughness 13 Snare.

Full Round Action: Attempt to break Snare with his Radiation Control (Blast) 10.

When doing so, treat the item as taking 5 on its Toughness save, for a total of 18. Against a DC 25 Blast, that fails by 7. That damages the Snare, reducing its Toughness by 1, to 12.

He is quite irked.


Begin Round 3

20 -- Blackstar -- Unharmed, Entangled (Snare 8), Shaken

18 -- Fulcrum -- Unharmed (Damaged? Dazzled?) -- 3 HP

17 -- Binder -- Unharmed, Shaken

16 -- Slick -- Unharmed, Shaken

14 -- Dok -- Unharmed -- 5 HPs

11 -- Cyclone -- Unharmed, Shaken

4 -- Thunderbolt -- Bruised, Shaken

4 -- Radium -- Unharmed, Bound/Helpless (Snare 12), Shaken

Free Action: Curses and shakes fist at Cyclone.

Free Action: Dramatically remove cape and toss it to the wind.

Standard Action: PUNCH!

Attacking Fulcrum (Defense 18); +2 from Master Plan, -2 from Shaken, -2 Entangled; DC 25 Tough save (Damage) if it hits (1d20+4=13)

Note that if Thunderbolt's attack stunned or blinded her, her Defense is only 12, so that would hit.

Extra Effort to SURGE and gain another standard action. He'll be fatigued at the start of his next action.

Standar Action: MOAR PUNCHING!

Attacking Fulcrum (Defense 18); +2 from Master Plan, -2 from Shaken, -2 Entangled; DC 25 Tough save (Damage) if it hits (1d20+4=18) which hits whether she's stunned or blinded or not.

Your turn. I need a Toughness save (DC 26), a Reflex save (DC 21), and one or two more Toughness saves (DC 25) from you.

Share this post


Link to post

Heh, Blackstar should've power attacked ;)

So, what's our sightless superheroine going to do now?

You'll get a Fort save on Thunderbolt's initiative to try and shake it off. Though you can spend an HP to make an attempt now.

Share this post


Link to post

For HEROICS!, I will HP the roll now! Now watch me fail! Fortitude DC 21 vs Thunderbolt's Visual Dazzle (1d20+14=23) Yeah!

Free Action: Switch Array to Flight 9/10

Standard Action: Punch Thunderbolt really hard

Move Action: Zoom away at full speed and disappear behind the hills

AoA/PA +5/-5 Melee Attack vs Thunderbolt Toughness DC 34 (1d20+8=13) Nuts. No way in heck. ;)

Share this post


Link to post

That does, in fact, miss.

20 -- Blackstar -- Unharmed, Entangled (Snare 8), Shaken

18 -- Fulcrum -- Unharmed -- 1 HP

17 -- Binder -- Unharmed, Shaken

16 -- Slick -- Unharmed, Shaken

14 -- Dok -- Unharmed -- 5 HPs

11 -- Cyclone -- Unharmed, Shaken

4 -- Thunderbolt -- Bruised, Shaken

4 -- Radium -- Unharmed, Bound/Helpless (Snare 13), Shaken

Binder

Move Action: Fly to the R&D labs on the 3rd floor (life sciences).

Standard Action: Line Area Snare to bind everyone. There are six scientists present.

Reflex saves vs. Area of Area Snare (DC 17) (1d20=19, 1d20=13, 1d20=10, 1d20=17, 1d20=20, 1d20=16) #1,4 and 5 made it!

Reflex saves vs. Snare of Area Snare (DC 17 for 2,3, and 6, DC 13 for 1,4 and 5) (1d20=18, 1d20=16, 1d20=13, 1d20=11, 1d20=9, 1d20=16) All fail, and since all are treated Minions, any failure is the worst result, so all are bound & helpless.

Slick

Free Action: Reverse effects of Snare, freeing Blackstar.

Move Action (Partial): Race into the Castle, sees Radium is bound.

Standard Action: Extra Effort to stunt an Affects Others Sustained Immunity 5 (entrapment effects) off his Friction Control array, and use it on Radium, freeing him. Will be fatigued at start of his turn next round.

Move Action (Partial): Race to R&D labs on the 4th floor (physical sciences).


20 -- Blackstar -- Unharmed, Shaken

18 -- Fulcrum -- Unharmed -- 1 HP

17 -- Binder -- Unharmed, Shaken

16 -- Slick -- Unharmed, Shaken (will be fatigued at his turn next round)

14 -- Dok -- Unharmed -- 5 HPs

11 -- Cyclone -- Unharmed, Shaken

4 -- Thunderbolt -- Bruised, Shaken

4 -- Radium -- Unharmed, Shaken

Dok

Standard Action: Reconfigure Gadget to

Dazzle 7 (Visual)

Free Action: HP to gain the Alternate Power power feat, to stunt an Intangibility Field off his Force Field.

Move Action: Fly up to 3rd floor R&D lab, where Binder is.

Extra Effort to SURGE and gain another Standard Action. Will be fatigued at beginning of his turn next round.

Standard Action: Use Dazzle on Binder.

Attack vs. Binder (Defense 16) w/ Dazzle; DC 17 Ref save to avoid if it hits (1d20+8=14) Misses!

HP to re-roll. 4 HP now.

Attack vs. Binder (Defense 16) w/ Dazzle; DC 17 Ref save to avoid if it hits; HP re-roll (1d20+8=22) Hits

Reflex save vs. Dazzle (DC 17), w/ +4 for Visual Sensory Shield (1d20+9=15) He's blind!

Castle Defenses

Attacks Radium w/ Snare

Attack vs. Radium (Defense 16); DC 23 Reflex save (for Snare 13) if it hits (1d20+14=28)

Reflex save (DC 23) vs. Snare (1d20+7=10) Fails by 5+, so he is again bound/helpless.

Note: Effects of Dok's intimidate ends, so the baddies are no longer Shaken.


20 -- Blackstar -- Unharmed

18 -- Fulcrum -- Unharmed -- 1 HP

17 -- Binder -- Unharmed, Blind

16 -- Slick -- Unharmed (will be fatigued at his turn next round)

14 -- Dok -- Unharmed -- 4 HPs (will be fatigued at his turn next round)

11 -- Cyclone -- Unharmed

4 -- Thunderbolt -- Bruised x2

4 -- Radium -- Unharmed, Bound/Helpless (Snare 13)

Cyclone

Move Action: Move to attack Fulcrum.

Standard Action: Attack vs. Fulcrum (Defense 18), with +2 from Master Plan ; Blast 9 [Knockback 6], so DC 24 Toughness if it hits, and if it stuns her, knockback is treated as if it is a Blast 15 (1d20+8=17)

Free Action: Wish he had set his Favored Environment bonus at the beginning of the round to attack, not defense. ;)

Thunderbolt

Move Action: Run into Castle

Move Action: Transmit via Castle's power grid to the 4th floor R&D lab.

Radium

So angry...

Extra Effort to stunt Corrosion 7 off his Radiation Control 10. Will be fatigued at beginning of his turn next round.

Full Round: Use Corrosion. This reduces the Toughness of the Snare (which, being an unattended and inanimate object, does not get a save, it just takes the full effect of the Drain Toughness part) to 6. Radium's taking a full round to destroy it, so it "takes 5," for a total of 11. DC of the Toughness save of th Damage portion of the Corrosion is 22, so it fails by 11. That puts it as disabled/badly damaged, which I'll say is enough to reduce the Snare from bound/helpless to merely entangled.


Begin Round 4

20 -- Blackstar -- Unharmed

18 -- Fulcrum -- Unharmed -- 1 HP

17 -- Binder -- Unharmed, Blind

16 -- Slick -- Unharmed (will be fatigued at his turn next round)

14 -- Dok -- Unharmed -- 4 HPs (will be fatigued at his turn next round)

11 -- Cyclone -- Unharmed

4 -- Thunderbolt -- Bruised x2

4 -- Radium -- Unharmed, Entangled (Snare 6); (will be fatigued at his turn next round)

Blackstar

Move Action: Runs inside Castle, but not very far in -- just to the courtyard beyond the front gate.

Standard Action: Attacks floor. Why? Who knows?!

Floor is of Schloss Wissenschaft is Toughness 20. Taking 10 on Toughness saves gets it a 30. Blackstar can't miss, but he also can't do enough damage to even dent it.

Fulcrum's up, and I don't need any saves from her at this time!

Share this post


Link to post

Alright! No saves required! :D

Move Action: Fly up to Cyclone

Free Action: Switch Array to Super Strength 9

Standard Action: Grapple Attack vs Cyclone (1d20+13=17) HPing...

Accurate +5 Grapple Attack vs Cyclone HP Reroll (1d20+13=20) 30! Much better

Grapple Check vs Cyclone (1d20+34=42)

Will Damage, DC 24 Toughness due to Accurate Attack

Free Action: Stop flying

She will squeeze the life out of him while he either tries to hold them aloft or they drop like bricks!

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×