Building My First REAL M&M Hero! PL10: Sparksmith

All right. I've been a "member" of the board for a month or two, but I've been so incredibly busy that I haven't had time to actually make a character and start playing, since I've never built an M&M character all by myself before. (The rest of the profile will be filled out as it's determined)

Now, I have time, and since my job will only be two days a week once it starts, I'll have plenty of time to play. Here's what I have so far for my Sparksmith character:

Characters Name: Sparksmith

Power Level: 10 (70/150)

Trade-Offs: +2 Defense for -2 Toughness

Unspent PP: 80

Alternate Identity: Kurt "Sparky" Smith

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 180 lbs

Eyes: Brown

Hair: Brown

Description:

History:

He's one of those kids who woke up one day and had energy powers (a la X-men), but he had no idea where they came from. He could move things around, or blast things, but he knew he could do more. He started training himself with what he knew he could do, but at some point, he finds out that he can make things out of the energy (made a knife subconsciously to cut bread one day during dinner or something). So he worked for a while and, with the money he raised, and some help from his parents and the abroad programs at his college, he traveled the world training in different weapons and different fighting styles. He discovered his powers when he was 16. He's now 22. After 6 years of training and schooling, he feels he's ready to help save lives. (Just a quick mock up of the story, I'll go more in depth when I actually post him.)

Personality & Motivation:

Powers & Tactics:

He makes small orbs (he calls sparks...think Transformers sparks) with his hands that can become any kind of weapon or tool (Sometimes cheating it: a gun formed with his energy would just be a hollow shell with him sending a blast through it). The orbs can also move things (like telekinesis) or people (flight). They can expand or contract, become shields to protect himself and others, wrap around him to become body armor, or can even be concentrated into a blast. The energy can take on any shape or form he wishes. I was also toying with the idea of throwing in elements somewhere, but it seems like more trouble than it's worth.

Complications:

In Brief:

A good kid who has amazing energy control. Makes energy weapons and is always after the truth.

Stats: 10+6+4+6+4+10 = 40pp

Str: 20 (+5)

Dex: 16 (+3)

Con: 14 (+2)

Int: 16 (+3)

Wis: 14 (+2)

Cha: 20 (+5)

Combat: 20+24 = 24pp

Attack: +6

Grapple: +15

Defense: 6 (3 flat-footed) 12 (With Dodge Focus)

Knockback: -1 (-4 with Force Field)

Initiative: +7 (Improved)

Saves: 4+5+4 = 13pp

Toughness: +2 (+2 Con) +7 (With Force Field)

Fortitude: +6 (+2 Con, +4)

Reflex: +8 (+3 Dex, +5)

Will: +6 (+2 Wis, +4)

Skills: 28r = 6pp

Bluff 4 (+9)

Craft (Electronic) 4 (+7)

Diplomacy 4 (+9)

Gather Information 4 (+9)

Knowledge (Technology) 4 (+7)

Notice 2 (+4)

Sense Motive 2 (+4)

Feats: 13pp

Accurate Attack

Ambidexterity

Defensive Attack

Dodge Focus (6)

Improved Initiative (1)

Inventor

Power Attack

Taunt

Powers: 35+8+12 = 52pp

Spark Control Array 16 (PF: Attack Specialization 2, 3 Alternate Powers) [35pp]

Base: Create Object 10 (Energy; Extras: Moveable) [30pp]

AP: Blast 10 (Energy or Energy Weapon Fire; Extras: Autofire) [30/30pp]

AP: Strike 5 (Energy Weapon; Extras: Autofire 2; Power Feats: Mighty, Improved Critical 2) [30/30pp]

Flight 4 (Extras: Affects Others; Flaws: Platform) [8pp]

Force Field 6 (Body Armor or simple shield; Extra: Impervious) [12pp]

Drawbacks: 0+0+0 = 0pp

Example: Name (description; frequency, severity; -X)

DC Block:

Blast 10 --- 25/Toughness --- Bruised

Strike 10 ---25/Toughness --- Bruised

Costs: Abilities (40) + Combat (44) + Saves (13) + Skills (6) + Feats (13) + Powers (54) - Drawbacks (00) = 150pp

Using the Character Template form will make things easier for us to read ;)

There is no Craft or Knowledge (weaponry), those would fall under Craft/Mechanics (for non-energy weapons) and Knowledge/Technology (for non-biological and non-chemical weapons).

Sounds like you'll want Flight, Force Field, and an Array with Create Object, Blast, and Strike (with the Variable Descriptor power feat).

If it's an energy weapon, Craft/Electronic.

Though if that's what he's making with his powers, no Craft roll is needed, unless you want it to really look nice. Though those would only "stick around" for as long as you maintain the power.

Also, be sure to read the book(s) ;)

Drop 4 ranks of attack and instead buy:

Spark Control Array 16 (PF: Attack Specialization 2, 3 Alternate Powers) [35pp]

[b]Spark Control Array 16[/b] ([i]PF:[/i] Attack Specialization 2, 3 Alternate Powers) [35pp]

This saves you 6 pp.

Drop 6 ranks of Defense and instead buy

Feat: Dodge Focus 6

This saves you 6pp.

Done.