Revelations: Meeting the Parents

Cyroa

"Well then, it should never stop glowing now," Stesha said with a laugh. "We're getting married! This is going to be amazing! I love you so much!" She kissed him again. "I need to tell my parents, and all our friends... it's so exciting. We're going to have the most beautiful wedding. What do you think about a fall wedding, with a million flowers? We can have it in Chicago, but make sure all our friends get transportation there, and your family too. I can't wait!"

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He smiled, happy. He wasn't quite as bubbly as she was but then he'd been planning this for a couple months. Still, he was definitely happy and thrilled about the prospect of being with her forever. "Well, we'll have to have our friends downplay some of their attributes. That or your entire family will learn the truth about us real fast. And between us, I'm certain we can get anyone there from anywhere! As for when and where? Wherever you want, as long as you and I get to say 'I do' at the end of it."

"That's the plan," she assured him with a smile. Stesha moved over to sit between his legs with her back against his chest, taking his arms and wrapping them comfortably around her. She looked up at the sky again, marveling at the scope of the artwork he'd made for her. "It's really beautiful," she murmured. "Like a really huge, really personal constellation." She chuckled and leaned back to put her head on his shoulder. "I wonder if there are any alien species out there looking and wondering what it says." That made her stop and think for a moment. "Who knows, maybe all our stars are arranged as letters in someone else's language, and we never knew!"

Derrick smiled and sighed as he wrapped his arms around her. He nuzzled her hair for a moment, loving the way she smelled and felt in his arms. Being Derrick, he kinda missed the point of her comment and his response was a little off base because of it. "It really isn't a constellation. Just seems like it due to our proximity. In actuality, its only a few hundred miles long. But it is definitely personal. It's yours though obviously due to the planetary rotation, it's only visible and legible, for a few hours each night. But it should be relatively stable barring unforeseen spatial phenomena. There are enough objects up there with large enough gravity fields to keep things relatively stationary, with only some minor adjustments needed now and a again." He shrugged one shoulder. "There aren't any local sentients for a few light years to my knowledge though I suppose we could go look." He paused and then chuckled. "We could always as the furballs I guess but I'd doubt we'd get any answer that didn't involve being slobbered on or barked at."

Stesha laughed, not really minding his literal-mindedness. It was part of his charm, most of the time anyway. "I think we'll leave them be, it's too romantic a night to end it being chased by hungry toothless Muppets." She turned her head and looked up at him, raising a hand to trace his cheek. "I was thinking of an entirely different way to end the night, actually, but not here. Too sandy."

Derrick gulped and grinned like an idiot. It might take him a while to get some things but he was completely oblivious to some things. He still could talk about sex without sounding like a tongue-tied teenager but he still knew where she was going with this. "Um, right. Yes. Sandy." He looked around briefly, wondering how long he should delay. So he waited about...5 or 6 seconds. "So, you want to get out of here?"

Stesha laughed. "Sounds good to me. I may make you bring us back here a few times so I can take pictures, though. Let's go home." She sat up so that she wouldn't fall over backwards when he went intangible, then laughed all the way home. It was, she decided, the very best night of her entire life. So far.