Entropy - PL7 Hero - Barnum

Hero Name: Entropy

Name: Darla Edwards

PL/PPs: 7/88

Trade-Offs: Attack/Save DC: +7/+7, Defense/Toughness: +4/+10

Abilities: Str 6 (-2), Dex 12 (+1), Con 10 (+0), Int 12 (+1), Wis 8 (-1), Cha 12 (+1)

Cost - 0 PPs

Saves: Tough +10, Fort +6 (6 Ranks), Ref +4 (3 Ranks), Will +8 (9 Ranks)

Cost - 18 PPs

Combat: Attack +0, Defense +2 (+0 flat-footed)

Cost - 0 PPs

Skills: Concentration 11 (+10), Notice 5 (+4)

Cost - 4 PPs

Feats: Dodge Focus 2, Equipment 1, Lucky 3

Cost - 6 PPs

Powers:

Spells of the 1st Shakra

-Base Power - Mental Blast 7

Spells of the 2nd Shakra

-Base Power - Force Field 10 [Extra]

Spells of the 3rd Shakra

-Base Power - Flight 2

Other Entropic Powers:

-Corrosion 6 [Extra]

-Immunity 1 (Deadboy's Powers)

-Enhanced Traits 7 - Craft (Artistic) 9 (+10), Knowledge (Arcane Lore) 11 (+12), Ritualist, Improvised Tools

Equipment:

Communicator

Drawbacks:

Weakness (Gorin Rocks from the Terminus, All Ability Scores every 5 minutes) - 5 pts.

Enhanced traits are Noticeable - 1 pt.

Cost: Ability 0 + Saves 18 + Combat 0 + Skills 4 (16 Ranks) + Feats 6 + Powers 66 - Drawbacks 6 = 88 PPs

:arrow: I intentionally have not spent my last 6 PPs. I want to see how Entropy develops as I play her before I do. I will probably spend most of those 6 PPs on Alt powers (spells) that she picks up along the way. Once she "stunts" something a few times, I'll probably go ahead and buy the alt power.

:arrow: The three "Shakras" (explained below) are three magical containers for Darla's spells. The "1st Shakra" are Mokar's spells, and they fit his personality (destructive, invasive, combative). The "2nd Shakra" are Julakin's spells and they fit her personality (protective and curious). The "3rd Shakra" are Gerin's spells and they fit his personality (chaotic, discontented, restless).

:arrow: When Entropy uses her Enhanced Traits, she is channeling the Shakra of one of the three wizards. Therefore her "noticeable" drawback will depend on the effect she is trying to produce. When she is channeling Mokar (e.g. when working a ritual to produce a combat spell) her eyes glow with a black light and give off a sweet smelling black smoke. When she is channeling Julakin (e.g. when using Arcane Knowledge or working a ritual for a protective spell) her hands glow with a white light and grow strangely cold. When she is channeling Gerin (e.g. when using Improvised Tools) Entropy crackles with very visible static electricity.

:arrow: The three ranks of Luck are only for magical stuff: power stunts and inventing.

:arrow: The balance of the equipment points will be spent on a headquarters for the kid superhero team (once it's formed).

In the wake of the Terminus invasion of our Universe there was a great deal of discord across Omega's conquered worlds. Numerous planets rebelled against Omega's forces when they believed him defeated, but Omega quickly regained his strength and put down the insurrections. Three of the ringleaders of the uprisings, thee sibling wizards named Mokar, Julakin, and Gerin, were imprisoned by Omega in an "entropic prison," a prison without walls, where they were to spend all of eternity slowly and maddeningly dissolved into nothingness.

Omega, in his arrogance, underestimated the power of Mokar, Julakin, and Gerin. From their prison, they mustered all of their magical powers and attempted an escape. They ultimately failed in the attempt, but the three wizards did manage to poke a hole from their prison into our universe, a hole that was inadvertently discovered by the Edwards family.

One sunny afternoon in June, the Edwards family was out driving through the country. Mr. and Mrs. Edwards and their two children, Darla and Dale, came upon the wizard's rift in the family sedan. They nearly ran the car off the road before getting it stopped. The parents looked on in disbelief at the pulsing energy orb formed on the point of the rift. The image filled them with fear, and Mr. and Mrs. Edwards scooted out of the car, running for cover and leaving their children behind. Dale, curious as ever, went to the dashboard to get a better look at the funny looking thing dancing in the air. Darla, when she saw what he was doing, got up to pull Dale back into the back seat. At that moment when the two siblings made contact, the escape spell failed, and the orb exploded. Dale was hit with the full brunt of the blast, stripping the flesh right off his body, but Darla was sufficiently bathed as well.

What happened in the explosion is still somewhat of a mystery, but the lasting effects became eventually clear. The souls of the three wizards were partially blasted through the rift and the "Shakras" (soul fragments) were "welded" to Darla's soul. She and her brother were bathed in a bizarre combination of entropic and magical energy, transforming both of their bodies.

When the parents did make it back to the car, they found a skeletal boy and one seemingly fine girl, both feeling chipper, if not a little worn out. The kids were sitting in a withered husk that used to be the family car which was itself sitting inside a radius of blasted earth and withered vegetation.

Since that time, Darla has begun to "remember" fragments of the magical acumen of those three powerful wizards. She is learning to cast spells and create rituals, but she often struggles with the left-over bits of their extremely powerful personalities.

Abilities: Str 6 (-2), Dex 12 (+1), Con 10 (+0), Int 12 (+1), Wis 8 (-1), Cha 12 (+1)

Cost - 0 PPs

Cost - 18 PPs

Cost - 0 PPs

Cost - 4 PPs

Cost - 6 PPs

Powers:

Spells of the 1st Shakra

Spells of the 2nd Shakra

Spells of the 3rd Shakra

-Base Power - Flight 2

Other Entropic Powers:

-Corrosion 6 [Extra]

-Enhanced Traits 7 - Craft (Artistic) 9 (+10), Knowledge (Arcane Lore) 11 (+12), Ritualist, Improvised Tools

Equipment:

Communicator

Drawbacks:

Weakness (Gorin Rocks from the Terminus, All Ability Scores every 5 minutes) - 5 pts.

Cost: Ability 0 + Saves 18 + Combat 0 + Skills 4 (16 Ranks) + Feats 6 + Powers 66 - Drawbacks 6 = 88 PPs

:arrow: I intentionally have not spent my last 6 PPs. I want to see how Entropy develops as I play her before I do. I will probably spend most of those 6 PPs on Alt powers (spells) that she picks up along the way. Once she "stunts" something a few times, I'll probably go ahead and buy the alt power.

:arrow: The three "Shakras" (explained below) are three magical containers for Darla's spells. The "1st Shakra" are Mokar's spells, and they fit his personality (destructive, invasive, combative). The "2nd Shakra" are Julakin's spells and they fit her personality (protective and curious). The "3rd Shakra" are Gerin's spells and they fit his personality (chaotic, discontented, restless).

:arrow: When Entropy uses her Enhanced Traits, she is channeling the Shakra of one of the three wizards. Therefore her "noticeable" drawback will depend on the effect she is trying to produce. When she is channeling Mokar (e.g. when working a ritual to produce a combat spell) her eyes glow with a black light and give off a sweet smelling black smoke. When she is channeling Julakin (e.g. when using Arcane Knowledge or working a ritual for a protective spell) her hands glow with a white light and grow strangely cold. When she is channeling Gerin (e.g. when using Improvised Tools) Entropy crackles with very visible static electricity.

:arrow: The three ranks of Luck are only for magical stuff: power stunts and inventing.

:arrow: The balance of the equipment points will be spent on a headquarters for the kid superhero team (once it's formed).

In the wake of the Terminus invasion of our Universe there was a great deal of discord across Omega's conquered worlds. Numerous planets rebelled against Omega's forces when they believed him defeated, but Omega quickly regained his strength and put down the insurrections. Three of the ringleaders of the uprisings, thee sibling wizards named Mokar, Julakin, and Gerin, were imprisoned by Omega in an "entropic prison," a prison without walls, where they were to spend all of eternity slowly and maddeningly dissolved into nothingness.

Omega, in his arrogance, underestimated the power of Mokar, Julakin, and Gerin. From their prison, they mustered all of their magical powers and attempted an escape. They ultimately failed in the attempt, but the three wizards did manage to poke a hole from their prison into our universe, a hole that was inadvertently discovered by the Edwards family.

One sunny afternoon in June, the Edwards family was out driving through the country. Mr. and Mrs. Edwards and their two children, Darla and Dale, came upon the wizard's rift in the family sedan. They nearly ran the car off the road before getting it stopped. The parents looked on in disbelief at the pulsing energy orb formed on the point of the rift. The image filled them with fear, and Mr. and Mrs. Edwards scooted out of the car, running for cover and leaving their children behind. Dale, curious as ever, went to the dashboard to get a better look at the funny looking thing dancing in the air. Darla, when she saw what he was doing, got up to pull Dale back into the back seat. At that moment when the two siblings made contact, the escape spell failed, and the orb exploded. Dale was hit with the full brunt of the blast, stripping the flesh right off his body, but Darla was sufficiently bathed as well.

What happened in the explosion is still somewhat of a mystery, but the lasting effects became eventually clear. The souls of the three wizards were partially blasted through the rift and the "Shakras" (soul fragments) were "welded" to Darla's soul. She and her brother were bathed in a bizarre combination of entropic and magical energy, transforming both of their bodies.

When the parents did make it back to the car, they found a skeletal boy and one seemingly fine girl, both feeling chipper, if not a little worn out. The kids were sitting in a withered husk that used to be the family car which was itself sitting inside a radius of blasted earth and withered vegetation.

Since that time, Darla has begun to "remember" fragments of the magical acumen of those three powerful wizards. She is learning to cast spells and create rituals, but she often struggles with the left-over bits of their extremely powerful personalities.

Cost - 0 PPs

Cost - 18 PPs

Cost - 0 PPs

Cost - 4 PPs

Cost - 6 PPs

Powers:

Spells of the 1st Shakra

Spells of the 2nd Shakra

Spells of the 3rd Shakra

-Base Power - Flight 2

Other Entropic Powers:

-Corrosion 6 [Extra]

Equipment:

Communicator

Drawbacks:

I like the story, and I presume that you already spoke with Cosmicarus about the Fenris Twin corrosion power. There's one clarification and one correction that I'd need to see.

The clarification is "What does the Noticeable drawback mean for something like Improvised Tools or Ritualist?" I'm having a hard time picturing the first one, and I think the latter might be un-Subtle by default.

The correction is that you have a rank of Equipment, but no equipment listed. That's a tiny oversight, but I'm a bum, so I had to point it out like that.

When you answer these things, Darla has her first approval.

I like the story, and I presume that you already spoke with Cosmicarus about the Fenris Twin corrosion power. There's one clarification and one correction that I'd need to see.

The clarification is "What does the Noticeable drawback mean for something like Improvised Tools or Ritualist?" I'm having a hard time picturing the first one, and I think the latter might be un-Subtle by default.

The correction is that you have a rank of Equipment, but no equipment listed. That's a tiny oversight, but I'm a bum, so I had to point it out like that.

I like the story, and I presume that you already spoke with Cosmicarus about the Fenris Twin corrosion power.

Yeah, in fact he wrote most of the origin story (the awesome parts). I just stole it. :D

It meas that it is obvious to anyone looking that she is using a superpower when she uses those feats and skills. She has to "channel" one of the Shakras to pull that off (and thus it can be nullified, countered, and drained). I haven't decided on the effect just yet (but I will today). It will probably be a different "look" for each of the Enhanced Traits: an ethereal/mystical voice when she uses Arcane Lore, the piece of chalk smokes thick black smoke when she uses it as an improvised tool . . . stuff like that.

I don't think Ritualist is noticeable by default simply because you can watch her perform a ritual any more than protection is noticeable by default because you can watch the bullets bounce off. What makes it noticeable is that it is obvious the protection comes from a superpower (armored plates, glowing eyes, etc.). I'll decide on the details today.

That was intentional, but I should have mentioned it too. In the "kid team" thread we started talking about a headquarters and maybe some communicators, but nothing was settled. The equipment feat was for that. I'll make a note.

I like the story, and I presume that you already spoke with Cosmicarus about the Fenris Twin corrosion power.

Yeah, in fact he wrote most of the origin story (the awesome parts). I just stole it. :D

It meas that it is obvious to anyone looking that she is using a superpower when she uses those feats and skills. She has to "channel" one of the Shakras to pull that off (and thus it can be nullified, countered, and drained). I haven't decided on the effect just yet (but I will today). It will probably be a different "look" for each of the Enhanced Traits: an ethereal/mystical voice when she uses Arcane Lore, the piece of chalk smokes thick black smoke when she uses it as an improvised tool . . . stuff like that.

I don't think Ritualist is noticeable by default simply because you can watch her perform a ritual any more than protection is noticeable by default because you can watch the bullets bounce off. What makes it noticeable is that it is obvious the protection comes from a superpower (armored plates, glowing eyes, etc.). I'll decide on the details today.

That was intentional, but I should have mentioned it too. In the "kid team" thread we started talking about a headquarters and maybe some communicators, but nothing was settled. The equipment feat was for that. I'll make a note.

• 4 months later...