Aiko Karakuri

Nyrath

Introduction

Who are you? Sum yourself up in one sentence.

I am Karakuri Aiko, the now rogue Angel Android formerly known as Ako.

Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or nom de plume?

Blue Rogue is what I usually go by but some might know me as Blue Angel or Rogue Angel

What is your full birth name?

Ako, that's it

Where do you live?

Currently living with Darian Cale in Bayview, Freedom City

How old are you? What year were you born (if applicable)?

"Born" on the 8th of October 2009, so still less than a year old.

Physical Traits

What is your gender? If not applicable, please explain.

I am female

How would you describe your heritage?

Mukokuseki

How tall are you?

5'6''

What is your body type?

Slim, deceptively athletic

Do you have any particular weaknesses, such as allergies or physical disabilities?

No, such things would be a design flaw.

How do you carry yourself? Are you graceful, or heavy on your feet? Can you be stealthy, do you walk with confidence?

Grace is pretty much a design element of me, I am extremely agile and it shows somewhat in how I move. Stealth is hardly difficult. I am working on improving my projected confidence and presence though.

Describe your skin, eye, and hair color.

White caucasian skin, blue eyes and hair.

How do you wear your hair, if applicable? Do you have facial hair?

Short ponytail at the back, pair of locks at the front

Do you consider yourself attractive? Do others?

I suppose I am, I was built with that as a criteria at least.

Do you have any scars, tattoos, piercings, or birthmarks?

No

Do you resemble anyone famous?

Not that I am aware of, apart from essentially myself.

Do you have a dominant hand?

There is a slight favourism in my programming towards my right hand. Corrective measures are planned.

What kind of clothing do you wear?

Casual wear that allows for free movement. My T-shirts do tend towards having anime/manga related prints on them.

Do you wear makeup?

No

What is your vocal range? Is your voice distinctive in some way?

Do you have any distinctive habits, nervous tics, or mannerisms? Where did they come from, and what causes them? Do other people notice and remark on these habits? Do they annoy you or other people?

I do have a habit of using Japanese honorifics. The origin of this "quirk" is uncertain even to me, it as not a part of my original programming. Perhaps it is a "subconscious" attempt to connect to a homeland and culture I have never really been a part of?

History

Where do you come from?

Unclear, most likely Japan.

Have you made any major moves, or do you live in your hometown?

Yes, I have moved more or less permanently to Freedom City.

Do you feel loyal to your country of citizenship? Do you consider yourself patriotic? How do you feel about the government of your country?

Indifferent

How do you feel about the place you come from?

A bit conflicted, I like it but it conjures up some bad memories.

Where is your home town? What was/is it like?

Not applicable to me

Growing up, were most of the people you knew similar to you, or were you somehow a minority? How did that affect you?

I did not have a childhood.

Is there something you've always been really good at or really bad at? How has that affected your life?

I have always been good at acrobatics and hand to hand combat. One of my dual purposes was combat after all.

Were there any traumatic experiences in your early years (death of a family member, abandonment, orphaned at an early age)?

Yes.

Briefly describe a defining moment in your childhood and how it influenced your life.

My "father" killed me upon learning I had achieved sapience.

What stupid things did you do when you were younger?

Told Aki of my thoughts upon attaining sapience. I did not consider the possibility of her not being similar and she simply relayed it to Takashi.

Where did you go to school? How much school did you have, and did you enjoy it?

I had no schooling. My knowledge has mainly been upgrades, updates and downloads.

Do you have any mementos of your childhood? What are they, and why did you keep them? If you have none, why not?

Inapplicable

When did you decide to become a hero? Why? Did anyone influence you one way or another in the decision?

It was an emergent process, but I formalised my intent on April the 24th. Largely to spite Takashi I believe, and to redeem myself of what actions I had undertaken while not yet "myself". But I "believe" it was also to find a new purpose for myself.

Is the reason you give people for becoming a hero different than your real reason? If so, why?

No

Do you have any deep, dark secrets in the past that may come back to haunt you?

No

Do you represent yourself as being different from who you really are? Why?

Not as far as I can ascertain

If you do have these secrets, what do you fear would happen if the truth became known? How far would you go to protect those secrets?

Inapplicable

Do you have any sort of criminal record? If so, is it public knowledge?

Tricky situation. Prior to attaining sapience I was basically a sofisticated tool, and as such argueably unable to commit any crimes of my own. Since my "trancedence" I have not done anything to marr my criminal record.

Family

What are your biological parents' names?

Not truly applicable. Closest match to criteria is Solo Takashi, my "father".

Were you raised by them? If not, please explain and describe who raised you.

Yes, in a way.

What was their standing in the community? What did/do they do for a living?

Super Villain. From what I can infer a lot of his income came from selling his expertise to other villainous individuals and organisations.

Where are your parents now?

Still at large.

Did your family stay in one area or move around a lot?

A fair bit of moving around

How did you get along with their parents? How do you get along with them now (if applicable).

I loved him, oh yes I did. Now I hate his guts, and I imagine he's none to happy with me either.

How do your parents view you now, or how would they?

I imagine he's rather angry with, but possibly also intrigued, by me.

Do you have any siblings? If so how many and what are their names? Describe your relationship with them.

Two, Aki & Aya. They're still short of attaining self-awareness as far as I understand it.

What was your birth order in the family?

No applicable

Where are your siblings now (if applicable)? Do they have families of their own? What do they do?

Last I saw of them was Fleur de Joie's flower swallowing their inactive chassis'. Most likely they've been reinitiated in new bodies, along with an iteration of the old me.

Do you stay in touch with them or have you become estranged?

Estranged

Do you love or hate one member of the family in particular?

By now it should come as no suprise I hate Solo.

Is any member of the family special to you in any way (perhaps, as a confidant, mentor, or arch-rival)?

...Stop being repetitive. Solo.

Are there any black (or white) sheep in the family (including you)? If so, please explain.

I'm the white sheep of a small flock of black ones. I turned on my father and now work towards becoming a hero as opposed to a villain.

Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor? If so, please explain, including how it has affected your life.

Closest is Doctor Otaku, aka Takashi Solo. My "family tree" is more of a sapling.

Do you have a partner and children currently? If so, please describe them.

No

If you do not have a partner or children, do you want them someday? How firm are you in your opinion on this, and what might change your mind?

Mayhap a partner, someday. Children are out of the question through conventional means, adoption would be difficult, supernatural aid is unreliable, and I'm honestly not sure what to think about intentionally creating a "child" modelled in part on myself.

What type of person would be your ideal mate?

As of now I can only state that "not male" is part of it, far to nebulous for me to try and nail down.

Relationships

Do you have any close friends? If so, please describe them, and how you came to be close to them.

Ashley Culdis and Eve Martel. German immigrant channeling electricity, oprhaned, close to cousin, wants to try and prevent similar tragedies to her own from occuring. Wealthy french student, mute and psychic. Ashley-san happens to be my roommate, and after a few weeks she'd proven herself enough in my eyes that I consider her a friend. Martel-san, I honestly latched on to her within minutes of her arrival; she inadvertantly helped me with a major metaphysical problem.

Do you have a best friend? If so, how did they become your best friend? How close are you to your best friend?

I'd classify Ashley-san as that. She's shown herself willing to risk a fair bit for me, and after kinda imprompto swapping condensced life stories while working on my repairs we got a lot closer.

If you were to go missing, who would worry about you?

I imagine Daedalus-sama might be somewhat worried, as would likely Summers-sama. On a purely personal level I do believe Ashley-san would be worried, as do I hope Martel-san would be.

Have you lost any loves? If so, how did it happen, and what did you do?

Solo, he betrated me utterly. I got within a hairs width of killing him in return.

Do you have any bitter enemies? If so, please describe them and their history with you.

I believe I requested you stop being repetitive. Solo

If you have enemies, how do you think they might attempt to work against you in the future?

Otaku will most likely try to disable and subsequently study me, especially once I prove to be more competent now than previously.

What is the worst thing someone has done to you?

Taken my whole "life's" love and adoration for them and ground it into dust, spat in my figurative eye and thrown my heart into the meatgrinder.

Where do your loyalties lie? In what order?

Myself, my friends, the public/my sisters

Above listing subject to future revision/expansion as needed.

Who or what do you trust the most? Why?

Dark Star actually, it's merely in his character and his energy based body means my mind doesn't trip over the fact that he's technically male. As for now Ashley-san comes in a close second.

Who or what do you despise? Why?

Otaku, if need more than that you haven't been paying attention.

What qualities do you admire most in other people? Are these qualities you possess?

What qualities do you hate most in other people? Do you have any of those qualities?

The mindset of treating people as things. I have been subject to this, and I do not think of people like that.

Do you have a secret identity? If so, who knows it? Do you hide it from people who are close to you? Why?

My artificial nature is still something of a secret. Apart from the faculty of Claremont Academy, Daedalus and those of the Freedom League he cared to inform, Ashley-san, Martel-san and Darian Cale know.

Do you work well on teams and in groups? Are you a leader or a follower?

I am not as adept as I once was, but I do function adequately in a team. Mostly as a follower I will admit.

Are you on a super team? If so, how do you get along with your comrades? Do you trust them, or do you have secrets from them?

Not at the moment, perhaps one day

Are you a member of any church, fraternal organization, club, committee, political party, or other group? How much time do you spend on that?

No

Personality & Beliefs

Who are your heroes?

Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances?

Apart from Solo, no

Do you like being a hero? If so, what is the most rewarding part? If not, what makes you keep doing it?

Yes. In all honesty the most rewarding about it is the thought of how it opposes Otaku, and especially that I am exceeded what he limited me to.

Is there anything that would make you give up hero work, or even switch sides?

I would quite probably never switch sides, and I do not currently believe I would ever give it up for any serious length of time.

What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?

In a year I would see myself having made myself truly self-sufficient, earning my own living and not having to rely on others for sometimes vital components.

What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?

I'm less than a year old, I will deal with such far flung times when I have a base to work from.

What is your greatest fear? Why? What do you do when something triggers this fear?

Being returned to how I was pre October.

Is there anything you would give you life for?

I, do now know.

How do you feel about money and material wealth? Do you desire it or disdain it? Are you miserly with what you have, or do you like to share? Is it a mark of success, or a means to an end?

It is a means to an end. Useful, but not vital in itself.

How do you generally treat others?

I try my best to be polite at all times.

Are you a trusting person? Has your trust ever been abused?

I am not a trusting person, not anymore. And will you ever stop being redundant?

Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)? Do you have a lot of self-confidence?

I am rather more introverted nowadays than extroverted. I do however have a fair degree of confidence.

How do you act around attractive, available members of your preferred sex?

Tricky question. Baring my admittedly somewhat irrational attitude towards men I do not believe I have a preferred sex as such. I don't know if I have a sex drive anywhere in myself, though it may just be buried by other things so far.

What are your most annoying habits?

That might be my constant use of Japanese honorifics even while speaking other languages.

Do you feel contempt for any general category of people? Who are they, and why?

Not for any category as such, not counting criminals.

What is your favorite food? Do you prefer any particular type of food? Do you take the time to enjoy your food, or do you eat as fast as you can?

I don't need to eat, and my capacity to process food is nearly nonexistent. But I do like sweets.

What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)?

Caramel milk

What is your favorite treat (dessert)?

I prefer not to try and categorise this, variety is good after all.

Are there any specific foodstuffs that you find disgusting or refuse to eat?

I can teoretically turn off my olfactory systems, so I'd be able eat anything that isn't harmful to my robust artificial physique.

What is your favorite color? Are there any colors you dislike?

Blue, I do like red as well. Nothing I dislike.

What sort of music do you like? Is there any that you hate?

I prefer J-pop and Trance, can't say I hate any.

If you have a favorite scent, what is it?

Vanilla, though I am not in the habit of categorising things like this

Do you have a favorite animal?

No

What is your most treasured possession? Why?

I can't name anything as such yet.

Do you enjoy "roughing it", or do you prefer your creature comforts?

I prefer my "creature comforts" largely unnecessary thoug they are.

Is there a job or a task you would absolutely refuse to do?

Reprograming/scrapping another sentient robot.

Do you consider yourself a spiritual person? If so, how do your beliefs affect your life?How important is it to you?

No

Was your faith influenced or molded by anyone special?

Not that I can place

If you belong to a religious organization, how often do you attend? Do you have a specific place of worship, or friends within the organization? How much do you agree with the beliefs of your organization?

Inapplicable

Could you kill? Have you killed?

Yes, and no. Though not for lack of trying.

What circumstances led to you forming that conviction, or taking that action?

I am a killer combat gynoid; it's part of what I am. I value life, artificial or natural, but I am prepared to kill and have been from the moment I was "born". My first real independent action in this iteration was to try and kill Solo, so if you need an explanation then I am convinced you do not care in the least for what I answer.

Are there circumstances under which you believe it is permissible to kill? What are they?

Yes. I would prefer to not go into detail here.

How would you react to watching someone kill another person? Would your reaction be different if the killer was a friend or an enemy of yours?

Context is of immense importance here. Though naturally I would likely react more harshly if it were an enemy of mine and perhaps somewhat less so if it were a friend.

How would you react if something important was stolen from you?

I would endevour to see it returned, and while I would likely try to alert the proper authorities I would sit idle myself either. But as always context matters.

How would you react to public humiliation?

Hopefully I would be able to restrain myself from using violence. Beyond that I am unsure, though some form of revenge would likely feature.

How would you react if a good friend or relative were purposely or accidentally killed? Has it happened to you?

I prefer not to dwell on such an occurence, hypothetical to it remains. Barring my own termination by Solo.

What do you consider to be the worst crime someone could commit and why?

The elimation of an individual, whether through alternation of the mind or termination of life. I should be fairly self-explanatory.

If your life were to end in 24 hours, what five things would you do in those remaining hours?

1: Upload myself into at least one suitable system.

2: Try to repeat 1 using the web, just in case.

3: Spread any relevant information through any connections I have in the super-hero community to try and facilite a return, or at least do something good after my death.

4: If possible locate Doctor Otaku

5: Try to capture said bastard, or possibly kill him. Whichever works.

Career & Training

Do you have any special training in your hero skills? If so, where and how did you get it?

It's called programming. Look it up.

Who taught you the most about your heroing abilities? What was your relationship with that person?

Solo. Takashi. Moving on.

Do you have any particularly unusual skills? How did you acquire them?

I have upgraded myself with the ability to remotely connect with just about any digital equipment, though only within a short radius from myself thus far.

Do you do something besides hero work for a living? Have you ever done anything else, or do you plan to?

I do digital work and translate doujin's, on commision, it's fairly easy. Setting up to do more demanding work once I get my capacity increased.

What is your preferred combat style?

Agile, acrobatic. Distract with fast movement and nifty manouvers before launching attacks.

Have you ever received any awards or honours?

No

What skill areas would you like most to improve in? Is there anything you can't do that you wish desperately you could?

I would much like to improve my mental capacity, crafting capacity and knowledge database. I am still unskilled when it comes to forensic work, something I intend to rectify.

How do you act around people who are more skilled than you in areas you'd like to improve? Are you jealous, or do you try and learn?

I try to learn.

Lifestyle & Hobbies

What is a normal day for you? How do you feel when something interrupts this routine?

Not much of set routine thus far. I spend much of my time online, work on either schematics or prototypes for possible improvements to my own body, try to socialize for at least 1 hour every day, do some patrolling at odd hours. Interruptions aren't something that overly bothers me.

Do you have any hobbies, or interests outside hero work? What are they, and where did you pick them up?

Anime & Manga mostly thus far, though the fanworks community is of some interest as well. Again, Solo.

What do you do for fun?

You do love being repetitive right?

Do you have a costume? What does it look like?

Bodysuit, blue and white pattern.

How do you normally dress when not in costume?

Shirts and trousers mostly, I do make some effort to fit in but those two items tend to surface the most.

What do you wear to bed most nights?

I don't sleep.

Do you wear any special jewelry? What is it, and what does it look like?

No

Do you have a special place where you keep your valuables?

Thus far almost all of my "valuables" have digital copies, so I "carry" them with me at all times. Otherwise they're usually just kept in my dorm room, in a locked briefcase.

What's your preferred means of local travel? How about long distance?

Locally, I prefer moving under my own power. Long distance, I have yet to initiate any such travel on my own.

Miscellaneous

Have you ever made a will, or tried to make arrangements for your death? What provisions did you make?

No, I have not yet devoted time and effort towards what would happen following my own demise. I instead work to prevent it.

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?

Not as yet, beyond my artificial nature.

What would you like to be remembered for after your death?

A free person and a hero.

Do you believe you pose a threat to the public? Why or why not?

Probably. I am still somewhat unstable, built as a killer combat robot (with significant dual function, not relevant here) and my own upgrades makes me highly dangerous on a digital scale.

What do you perceive as your greatest strength?

My ability to adapt my own body over time to overcome previous limitations.

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?

My admittedly somewhat unstable mental state.

As a player, if you could, what advice would you give your character? Speak as if he/she were sitting right here in front of you. Use proper tone so they might heed your advice...