Assistance with Pharos

Galatine

This being the first character I have constructed, I would like to beg the board for assistance in tweaking and optimizing him. As well as making sure he's all legal of course!

I envisioned Pharos as mainly a paragon type hero with powers rising from the fact that he is the incarnated soul of the Sun. I gave him some thematic powers for versatility (nullify darkness, dazzle, blast, light control, emotion control (hope)) as well as comprehend for convenience. One thing I had been tempted to do with the Array powers was to link Nullify and Dazzle, slap a Tiring flaw and a Action Flaw on Nullify and make them both Explosive radius to make some form of anti-dark nuke, but I will probably wait a couple PLs until I can put a damage effect on it as well. Feats were chosen around the fact that hes the classic hope-inspiring hero. Skills were chosen with that in mind as well. The drawbacks I attempted to continue the theme as well: Iron is the Death of Suns, and Orichalcum (being a metal very associated with the Sun) causing a painful feedback as it charges his powers and causes his strength to literally burn itself away. Abilities were chosen mainly to give him a nice round "jack of all trades" feel, though I know that probably isn't optimized. Trade off is -5 Defense in exchange for +5 Toughness (You aren't going to be doing much throwing a punch at a Sun after all). I don't really understand what the DC Block section of the sheet is for, so I left that blank. And there he is in brief. Thanks again!

Stats: 0+4+10+2+4+6 = 26pp

Str: 10/30 (+10)

Dex: 14 (+2)

Con: 20/40 (+15)

Int: 12 (+1)

Wis: 14 (+2)

Cha: 16 (+3)

Combat: 16+6 = 22pp

Attack: +10 (unarmed)/ +8

Grapple: +25

Defense: +5 (+3 flat-footed)

Knockback: -12.5

Initiative: +2

Saves: 0+4+6 = 10pp

Toughness: +15, +10 Impervious (+15 Con, +0 other)

Fortitude: +15 (+15 Con, +0)

Reflex: +6 (+2 Dex, +4)

Will: +8 (+2 Wis, +6)

Skills: 32r =8pp

Diplomacy 4 (+7)

Notice 4 (+6)

Search 4 (+5)

Sense motive 4 (+6)

Knowledge (History) 4 (+5)

Knowledge (Arcane Lore) 4 (+5)

Investigate 4 (+6)

Gather Information 4 (+7)

Feats: 5pp

Attack Specialization: Unarmed

Leadership

Fearless

Inspire

Interpose

Powers: 2+10+10+20+10+10+25 = 87pp

Comprehend 2 (Can Read and Understand several languages at once; Flaws: Duration: (Sustained)) [2pp]

Impervious Toughness 10 [10pp]

Flight 5 ( 250 MPH) [10pp]

Enhanced Constitution 20 [20pp]

Super Strength 5 (Heavy Load: 45 Tons) [10pp]

Immunity 10 (Life Support, Own Powers) [10pp]

Solar Furnace Array 10 (20pp for each power; Power Feats:Alternate Power x5; ) [25pp]

BP: Blast 10 (Solar Flare) [20pp]

AP: Enhanced Strength 20 [20pp]

AP: Light Control 10 (1 mile radius) [20pp]

AP: Emotion Control 10 (Flaws: Limited (Hope only); Extras: Area (Burst)) [20pp]

AP: Nullify 10 (All Darkness effects, 50 ft. radius (2pt.) Flaws Distracting; Extras: Nullify Field (+0), No Save)

AP: Dazzle 10 (visual senses; Extras: Explosion (100 ft. radius)

Drawbacks: -5 + -3 = -8pp

Vulnerability (Meteoric Iron; frequency: Uncommon, Intensity: Major; -3)

Weakness (Orichalcum, frequency: Uncommon, Intensity: Moderate (-1 Strength), Occurance: Every 1 minute (10 Rounds); -5)

DC Block: (no idea how to calculate this)

Costs: Abilities (26) + Combat (22) + Saves (10) + Skills (08) + Feats (05) + Powers (87) - Drawbacks (08) = 150pp

Just a few quick things I saw by reading your descriptive passage.

I've seen the refs be wary of three or more linked powers, especially if they are all AOE.

Don't use the explosion extra. Burst does the same thing but better.

The DC block is basically quick reference for "This is how much damage my combat powers do." The DC for damaging powers is 15+rank, the DC for powers that affect your other saves is 10+rank. Check out the core book if you have questions about damage and such.

I'll look over the stats later, but that's what I've got for you right now.

I would pretty much never take Tiring when Side-Effect is available.

It is highly unlikely that a No Save power would be approved here.

It is also unlikely that Duration-flawed Comprehend would make the cut.