Green Lantern Expy -- PL 10

Raveled

In order to avoid three pages of rebuilding my character, I'm going to post him here first, so any mechanical oversights or inconsistencies can be fixed before he is submitted. Hopefully, this will make the process much smoother. Again, this is only the character's mechanics.

Stats: 4+6+12+0+0+4 = 26 pp

Str: 14 (+2)

Dex: 16 (+3)

Con: 16 (+3)

Int: 10 (+0)

Wis: 10 (+0)

Cha: 14 (+2)

Combat: 12+16 = 28 pp

Attack: +6

Grapple: +10

Defense: +10 (+2 Dodge Focus, +4 flat-footed)

Knockback: -7

Initiative: +3

Saves: 6+6+9 = 21 pp

Toughness: +3/+10 (+3 Con, +7 Protection, 5 Impervious)

Fortitude: +9 (+3 Con, +6)

Reflex: +9 (+3 Dex, +6)

Will: +9 (+0 Wis, +9)

Skills: 48r = 12 pp

Concentration 8 (+8)

Diplomacy 8 (+10)

Intimidate 8 (+10)

Notice 8 (+8)

Search 8 (+8)

Sense Motive 8 (+8)

Feats: 8 pp

Accurate Attack

All-Out Attack

Attack Specialization (Strike)

Attack Specialization (Cosmic Energy Control)

Benefit (Wealth I)

Defensive Attack

Power Attack

Precise Shot

Powers: 55 = 55

Device 13 (Power Ring; hard to lose; 65 PP; Feats: Accurate, Restricted 2 [only character]) [55 PP]

Drawbacks: 0

DC Block: Blast 10 --- 25/Toughness

Strike 10 --- 25/Toughness

Costs: Abilities (26) + Combat (28) + Saves (21) + Skills (12) + Feats (8) + Powers (55) - Drawbacks (0) = 150 pp

As you can see, I'm 11 PP over. A quick way would be to drop the Impervious from his Con and give the ring a Drawback like "Must be recharged every 24 Hours." However, I'd like other folks' thoughts on this one before I start messing around majorly.

Disclaimer: I am not a ref.

Stats add up.

Combat adds up, but notice that you're only at +7 defense, compared to a cap of +10. Did you want to meet that cap?

Also, you could shave a couple points by lowering your base attack and buying more Attack Focus (Range).

Saves add up, but seem just a tad low.

Skills add up.

Feats add up.

Powers add up, BUT your snare, strike, and telekinesis are rank 11. Since you don't have attack/damage trade off at all, and your attack is +10, those powers cap out at rank 10 (even tk, because it can be used as an attack).

I'm also not entirely certain that you stated out Comprehend right, but I might be mis-remembering how that works.

As far as places to cut back, consider what I said about attack/defense above, consider having only partial ranks of impervious (i.e. drop the impervious on your con, but keep it on the forcefield), and maybe drop dex 2 or 4 points and buy up reflex save instead, since you're not investing in any dex-based skills.

Powers add up, BUT your snare, strike, and telekinesis are rank 11. Since you don't have attack/damage trade off at all, and your attack is +10, those powers cap out at rank 10 (even tk, because it can be used as an attack).

I don't know about Snare and TK, but my melee Att is only +8, so my melee Dam (should be able to) can go up to +12.

I don't know about Snare and TK, but my melee Att is only +8, so my melee Dam (should be able to) can go up to +12.

Okay, well, if you're going to do that then you ought to specify what your trade-offs are. I saw that your ranged attack is +10 and just assumed you were going for no attack/damage tradeoff at all. I'm not sure whether having it different for ranged vs. melee is kosher around here either.

Lost Attack Focus (Ranged) and dropped Accurate onto the ring itself; lost Enhanced Feat and bought a mighty Morph. Scaled back Flight a bit, lost the Impervious Con. Lost Snare since, honestly, he can just drop a cage on them anyway. Added Enhanced Feat (Dodge Focus x2) and picked up another point of Def, so he should be hitting the combat cap all around. Rejiggered the Device -- I think I did the math wrong on that one.

Refiguring the math, I'm now 14 PP under PL. Feedback, here? Is my calculator bugging on me?

Lost the Will save, added Mind Shield to the Ring, changed another few powers around, touched up Fort and Ref saves. Now I'm over the amount, when I thought I was going to be right on. Is it me? Can I just not do math anymore?

• 1 month later...