Teleportation master

Pengwolf

Work in progress on a teleportation master, comments appreciated. Not all the points are spent yet, but I think I've got most of the numbers and powers roughly where I want them. Will continue cleaning him up and adding stuff, but was hoping I'd get some preliminary feedback.

The teleportation powers are likely of mutation origin, used fairly instinctively. The Arm, however, is a piece of tech grafted on where he lost his right arm, and noticeable as such.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Character's Name: Displacer

Power Level: 10 [150/150pp]

Trade-Offs: -5 Toughness for +5 Defense

Unspent PP: 0

Alternate Identity:

Height: 5'2"

Weight: 110 lbs

Eyes: Grey

Hair: Black

Description:

History:

Personality & Motivation:

Powers & Tactics:

Complications:

-Don't Drink and Jump (When drunk, intoxicated, or otherwise mentally impaired, he must make a concentration check of at least DC 10 (higher at GM discretion) in order to use his teleportation-based powers without mishap)

In Brief: (one or two sentences that encompasses the whole character)

Stats: 5+4+4+4+0+4 = 21pp

Str: 20 (+4) (base 15, plus 5 enhanced)

Dex: 14 (+2)

Con: 14 (+2)

Int: 14 (+2)

Wis: 10 (+0)

Cha: 14 (+2)

Combat: 8+12 = 0pp

Attack: +4, +10 with melee

Grapple: +0

Defense: +6, +15 with powers (+0 flat-footed)

Knockback: -0

Initiative: +0

Saves: 6+13+5 = 24pp

Toughness: +0 (+2 Con, +3 other)

Fortitude: +8 (+2 Con, +6)

Reflex: +15 (+2 Dex, +13)

Will: +5 (+0 Wis, +5)

Skills: 0r = 0pp

Example: Knowledge (arcane lore) 4 (+4)

Feats: 18pp

Attack Focus (Melee) x6

All-out Attack

Power Attack

Defensive Roll x3

Defensive Attack

Elusive Target

Evasion

Improved Initiative

Luck

Set-up

Uncanny Dodge (Visual, Audio)

Powers: 0+0+0 = 0pp

Teleport Array 19 ([reality warping, mutation]) 38 + 4 (Dynamic APs) + 1 (Dynamic BE) [45pp]

BE: Teleport 10 (Extras: Accurate(+1); Power Feats: Progression (range, 250ft/rank), Change Direction, Change Velocity, Easy, Turnabout, Subtle x2, Moving Feint, Precise; Drawbacks: Reduced load (25 lbs) (-1)) [38pp] *dynamic* (min point allocation: 11)

DAP: Strike 5 (Feats: Mighty, Improved Crit.) Linked(+0) to Stun 10 [27pp] *dynamic*

DAP: Strike 5 (Extras: Area (targeted burst), Selective; Feats: Mighty, Improved Crit.) Linked (+0) to Stun 3 (Extras: Area (targeted burst), Selective; Flaws: Daze) [26pp] *dynamic*

Enhanced Dodge 9 [teleport], [9pp]

Concealment 8 ([teleport] All Visual (4), All Auditory (2), All Olfactory (2), Flaws: Displacement) [8pp]

Container 2 ("The Arm", [high tech], Drawbacks: Noticable (-1), Right Arm Only (-1)) [3pp]

Enhanced Strength 5 [5pp]

Quickness 2 (x10 speed, Flaws: Mental only) [1pp]

Drawbacks: 0+0+0 = 0pp

Example: Name (description; frequency, severity; -X)

DC Block:

Unarmed --- 17/Toughness --- Bruised, Staged

The Arm --- 20/Toughness --- Bruised, Staged

Tele-punch --- 25/Toughness --- Bruised, Staged

Stun 10 --- 20/Fort --- Stun, Staged

Stun 3 --- 13/Fort --- Stun, Staged

Costs: Abilities (00) + Combat (00) + Saves (00) + Skills (00) + Feats (00) + Powers (00) - Drawbacks (00) = 0pp

Neat concept, but I do have a few questions.

Do you have concealment to auditory and olfactory as well as visual. IIRC teleporting around makes some noise, so unless you make you're powers subtle, it may be difficult to explain why this works. Similar story with olfactory.

You should probably apply the No Arm Drawback, and then use the container to buy it off. This is just semantics, but it represents that the arm isn't a natural part of you. No net points change here unless you make the The Arm into a Device (might be a good idea from the way you briefly described it).

And I'm not sure that Only Right Arm is really a drawback. Unless your planning on grappling two opponents at once, or something like that. Our rules don't require you to balance loads while lifting them or anything so theoretically you would only need one arm to do most things. So at most a 1pp drawback like you've got.

If the arm turns into a device, can others use it? Consider buying restricted.

Thanks for the response, Quote.

The concealment I have there is actually the Displacement power stated out to show that it covers senses besides just visual. The idea is he's teleporting rapidly between two very close points, making it look like there's two of him, and providing the 50% miss chance from the concealment.

I don't want The Arm to be a device because it's supposed to be grafted onto him permanently. I suppose if I described it as a device, it'd have to be removable from its socket or whatever, but I don't think I'd be saving enough points that way to matter, since it's only giving me about 10pp worth of powers anyway.

I hadn't thought terribly hard about the "Only Right Arm" drawback. I guess it gives GM's an excuse to deny or limit my enhanced/super strength bonus to a skill/check when the situation clearly requires other stuff. For example, the arm's strength bonuses would not apply on jump checks. Guess I'd have to explain that in detail and see what the refs think.

It's not that you can't hear or smell him, it's that it's almost impossible to hear or smell him well enough to "see through" his displacement trick. Since he sort of is in two places at once, it's almost less about picking the right one as it is about hitting at exactly the right time. The concealment can still be beat with a DC 40 notice check with an accurate+acute sense, or by a mental sense or whatever.