First Blood (IC)

Date: ?

It's been exactly 24 hours since I was ravaged by that woman. She wanted to make me into one of her unwitting servants. I don't want to be some slave to some damn vampire! Yeah, that's right, vampire. She made me undead, you see. I'm not really alive, I'm not really dead. I live off the fluids of the living, like a tick. That said, I'm getting mighty hungry. I've suppressed the hunger for a few hours. But it's getting to me. Every person I pass by looks like a giant hamburger or hot dog. I want to grab one and sink my teeth in to them and suck them dry. That's why I'm here, lying on this roof top, looking at the stars. To control myself. To not give in. But what if I starve to death? Where would that leave me? Where would that leave the crazy bitch? I can't just die. She'll win.

Anya sat up and survey the city scene from the rooftop.

Alex was out and about like so often before, a less threatening form than her own amazonesque body assumed as a way to draw out those of criminal intent. A petite four foot ten rather than the dark angel's usual five foot eleven, white skin rather than brown, hair brown in colour and not purple. Still a very attractive individual, one who would cause a criminal to take an unnecesarry risk, do something he might not otherwise do.

At least the criminals have been a bit quieter since the invasion. Or it might just be a statistical anomaly. Or just maybe my efforts are having an effect.

Whatever the case Maenheld ducked into an alleyway, seemingly to catch a breath away from direct view. Not that all that many people were around in this part of the district that would pay much attention, but still. As it happens, it was by the building on whose roof a certain newly made vampire rested.

The survey proved fruitful. Though the district was pretty empty this late at night, there had to be at least one straggler. Anya wondered what the girl's intentions were. Though that didn't last long as her burning desire for sustenance was still pounding on her like a monkey on her back. Assuming a mist-like form she flew over to the adjacent alley. Looking around the corner, she saw the girl was still there. Perfect. Slowly but surely she crept down the alleyway. Trying not to be seen or heard by her prey. As she got close she saw that the girl was absolutely stunning. This wouldn't be a hamburger. No, this would be a fine steak. And a fine steak needed to be savored, not attacked. Anya changed her clothes to look like the girl's attire, jeans and a Freedom Angel t-shirt. Well, not an exact replica, but something the prey would be more comfortable with. Her hair was now short and red, and her eyes green. She affected somewhat of a more curvy build.

"Are you here for the convention too," Anya slowly walked out from her hiding place feigned stuttering in a scared-but-trying-to-act-not-scared manner.

Huh? Didn't see her before, but oh-damn she does look good. Beautiful, not in Moira's class but then no one is really. Right, she's scared, play it with a bit of confidence.

"Oh? Yeah, just stopped to think for a moment. I'm just a little lost, trying to find the place." The short brunette looks at the somewhat taller redhead, noting their similar clothes among, other, things. Damn, is there really a convention or something going on related to Heyzel? Right, just improvise. Mind probing is a bad idea right now, would be terribly impolite.

"You alright? You sound a little shaky." Alex moves closer to the girl, affecting a concerned look on her face. Genuine enough, the girl did sound scared. Brave, but still frightened. Hopefully she was just lost.

She bought it. Good. That buys me a little time. How do I approach this? So far the plan is make with the friendly, get her nice and comfortable, get in close and them snatch and grab. Got it? Good. Hopefully this works.

Anya sighed, suppressing some fake tears, "Me and my boyfriend had and argument. I made him really mad. He, he left me here in the middle of nowhere." She sniffed hard her voice giving way, "I probably shouldn't be telling you this. You don't even know me."

Okay, I really shouldn't feel pleased about that. Alright it does mean I have more of chance to "score", but she needs help first and foremost. The brunette moves up to the redhead and gently reaches out and touches her shoulder. "Hey, that doesn't matter. You're hurt, emotionally if not physically, and scared and I want to help; that is what matters." Alex then reaches out with both her arms and gingerly embraces the taller woman. "He's obviously a bit of jerk, and a stupid one at that. To leave such a beautiful girl here like that. Now, let's try and get you home alright?"

The smell was intoxicating. The prey's blood was right in Anya's grasp. She was still acting the part, but her mind was raging with glee. Embracing the girl, she sobbed a bit more, "Thank you, thank you so much." Her voice cleared in an instant, "For being the prettiest snack ever." Anya sunk her fangs deep into her meal's neck, trying to find a spot where she could gorge herself. She covered the girl's mouth so she couldn't scream, but hopefully the shock would keep her from making a sound.

The brunette seems shocked alright, but as the vampiress bites into her neck the girl proves herself to be more than she seems. Rather than meekly submitting she fights back, and with gusto. As Mongrel Angel turns the hug into a tightening vice she shifts from the unassuming petite form she'd been wearing into her own amazonian one. "This is why I can afford to be a bit incautious bloodsucker." The dark angel's voice is like velvet clad steel as she speaks into the vampire's ear.

Oh crap. I had to find the one of the weird ones, Anya thought as the other shapeshifter turned into something more pleasing to look at, Damn, she looks hotter than that other form. Is this the real her? Anya didn't have time to lust after the amazon. Hell, that hurt. I'm dead, i'm not supposed to feel pain. Gotta do something fast! Anya gasped for air as she was being crushed like a vice. It was weird though, she didn't feel air going into her lungs. Maybe it was one of those dead people things. She dropped back into her normal form: athletic build, black hair with red streaks, black jeans, black hoodie. Her eyes quickly turned black. "Tell me, random person on the street," she asked her prey with dulcet tones with a hint of chiding, "You're in the middle of nowhere. No one will hear you scream. No one will find your body until the morning or possibly midday. What makes you think you'll leave here conscious? What makes you think I won't drain you like a ketchup packet? You already have a hole in you, just let nature take it's course."

Even though she realized it had to be a mind trick of some sort Mongrel Angel felt the encrouchment of despair as the vampiress chided her. The words shouldn't be enough to induce this, so even though she felt her heart contracting and shot through with ice the dark angel refuses to give in. "I've died before bitch, I'm not afraid of your threats." She answers with just a bit of waver in her voice even as her arms keep up their crushing grip. Suddenly she feels, and hears, a mighty crack and the body in her arms goes limp. Damn, what do I do with an unconscious hungry vamp? Alex asks herself as she feels the grip of despair loosen and slink away. She's not dead at least, and I can't get myself to kill her now. Perhaps Moira'll know someone. Who am I kidding, Moira will know someone. So without further ado the dark amazon slips her adversery into her special pocket before teleporting away.

Anya smiled as the thoughts processed in the taller girl's head, she could almost taste her feast. She happily leaned forward to continue draining the girl when she heard the last words she would hear for a while. The words were followed by a sharp snap in spine and searing pain, then total darkness. When she woke up she found that she was still in the dark. Though that's about all she could see or hear. She screamed as she sat up. Her spine still broken. Was she really dead this time? Was this Hell? She was still hungry, she was absolutely famished now. She could feel her very being calling out for just a drop of blood. She wondered if she could die in Hell. Would this be her eternal punishment and torture? Would she be forever confined to die of unnatural hunger with a broken spine? She screamed in rage. A scream no one could hear.

While the vampiress languished in her dimensional pocket Mongrel Angel was busy trying to figure out the details of what to do with her. Consulting Moira for a way to contact an expert in the city, and this being Freedom there was garantued to be at least one, had taken half an hour or so. Turns out Avenger, that terror of the night, was the one to talk to about it. Moirley had disinclined to give any real details, simply stating that while she knew the vigilante in both personas it wasn't her place to reveal the personal details of another hero. Still, arranged meeting time had been a few hours away, time well spent in the mind of the two lovers.

Now though she was leaning against the wall in what seemed to be an abandoned warehouse waiting for Avenger to make his presence known in some way, the dark angel figured she probably wouldn't be able to spot him unless he wished her too do so.

A voice spoke from the darkness, its owner invisible. "Thank you, Mongrel Angel. I'll take it from here." He was very, very leery around Mongrel Angel, even though she wasn't nearly as terrifying as the real one that lived on Lantern Hill. "Your business here is done, I think?" Discussing business, family business, that wasn't for the ears of someone like her.

Figures I wouldn't be able to actually see him. The dark angel doesn't bother with trying to spot Avenger once he speaks instead she just straightens out and speaks out loud to the room. "Fair enough, just a few words before I leave. She's hungry but I hope you can do better for sating her than random people off the street. Oh, and she's got a broken back at the moment, she did try to eat me." It's unclear just where Alex pulls out the crippled vampiress, but out she comes. The brown skinned amazon kneels for moment as she lays the smaller woman gently on the ground. "Please try to stay out of trouble, I don't want to run into you like that again." With that said Maenheld teleports out and away, she had other things to do.

All of a sudden, light filled the darkest depths. Anya gasped. Where would they be taking her now? She just wanted to escape this humiliating place of torture. when every thing came to, she found that her back was still broken and that she was still hungry. This was possibly still Hell, just with different scenery. The hot amazon was there, taunting her to 'be a good girl'. Anya tried to reach out for her, but she disappeared. Figured. She heard the brown demon talking to someone else before her. Another demon? What would this demon do to her? She sucked in some air (still a purely reflexive thing) and growled towards her new captor. "What do you people want from me," she screamed.

The darkness around Anya slowly parted, revealing a tall, muscular man in an open-collared shirt and tight jeans, his dark hair cascading down to his shoulders. Kneeling down in front of her, he looked her in the eye. "Hello. My name is Jack." He gave her a steady look, piercing her with his eyes. "I'm here to help. But you need to calm down."

Anya stared at Jack, he was gorgeous. She closed her eyes for a second and sighed when he gave her instructions. The hunger was still gnawing at her. She opened her eyes. "Jack," she mewled reaching up to him, "The only way you could help me is if you knew what I had to do. And if you knew what I had to do you wouldn't be here." She swallowed hard, "Unless you're here to finish the job your friend started."

"I know what you want." This was never an easy experience, Jack knew, and it was better to get it over with fast. Reaching into his shirt, he came out with an open medical bag full of blood, straight of his own stock, and tossed it to her so fast she caught it automatically. "Drink." It wasn't much of a command: he doubted she'd actually need one.

Anya looked at the bag. She had seen these on television before. In her former life she'd been hooked up to one once or twice, but she wasn't conscious during those times. It didn't take a split-second before her fangs ripped open the soft plastic container. The blood was warm. It felt like everything she ever wanted pouring down her throat. It made everything she had tried in her former life pale in comparison. She could feel it suffusing into her undead body. It fixed her broken bones and her spine. It felt like forever for her, but it only lasted a few seconds. Wiping some of it of her cheeks with her hand and licking the excess, she stood up. "Thank you, Jack," she said looking at him with a somber tone and expression, "you saved me. I don't know if I could ever repay you for that."

"You don't need to repay me," said Jack, shaking his head. She was in better shape than most, but her injuries and her change were both written obviously on her face and body."I want to help you, but you're going to have to help me first." He studied her, remembering those early, feral nights. "How did this happen to you?" he asked her.

"Well, it all started last night," Anya grimaced. She remembered the event too well. "I was at this at this totally kickin rave," she smiled glossy eyed, "It was getting really late and i was getting tired." She sighed, "So I asked a friend to hook me up. I didn't notice at the time that he seemed more out of it than usual. He said he had some better stuff in the back. So I blindly followed him. Anything to get back out there and dance. He lead me into this room where this woman was. This woman was the most gorgeous woman I have ever seen. She looked at me, I looked at her. It was like magic. Then I fell to my knees, it was almost like she commanded me to do it." Anya paused and her voice flattened, "This is where it gets sorta squicky. I could see what she was doing. Taking off my clothes, cutting me with a bigass knife in certain places with some kind of symbols. But I couldn't feel anything or even move from my kneeling position. It was like I was dead... before I was dead. Then she sucked each symbol dry of blood. It seemed like forever. Slowly I lost consciousness. When I woke up I was dressed in what you see She was gone. The symbols were gone." She sighed again with a smile, "But I felt alive. More alive than I ever felt." She frowned, remembering what happened next, "Then I left. Over the next few hours I started getting hungry. I knew what vampires did when they got hungry, so I put it off. Then the strangest thing happened. I couldn't avoid it. I had to eat. Like had to had to. That's where I saw your friend in an alley. She was in a different form as a meek little thing. I tried to disguise myself and do it discreetly, but when she caught on she did the right thing and knocked me out. Now I'm here." She looked into Jack's eyes again. They were comforting. Comforting enough for her to tell anything. Like she just did. "And now you know."

"I know the feeling," said Avenger quietly. He was quiet for a moment, studying her, before he spoke. "Because something like that happened to me a few years ago. Anya. The woman who attacked you was a vampire. I'm familiar with what kind of thing she was; what she did to you is how vampires like her make more of each other. She made you into a vampire." He was quiet at that, waiting for her response.

"You're not going back there," Avenger promised her. Anger showed on his face at the violation of this young woman; the mortal life stolen from her. "We're going to find out who did this to you, and we're going to make them pay. Tell me about yourself," he suggested a moment later. "Who are you? What's your life been like?"

Anya had a smile of pleasure run across her face when she heard that they were going to find the woman who did this to her. It hid her doubt and worry. If she could do that to them, then what of her? What of Jack? The smile dropped when he asked about her personally. What could she tell him that wouldn't make him dump her like the trash she was in her former life. Then again, this could be one of those trust fall things. She looked into his eyes with a weak smile. How she could get lost in those inky black orbs. She cleared her voice and spoke forwardly, "Well, let's start with names first. My name is Anya. I was the unexpected surprise of two very powerful stockbrokers. Even though I was a mistake, they raised me with the best services money could buy. My life was humdrum. That was until I got to high school. I learned of the Rave. The Rave sucked me in and never spit me back out. The culture. The people. The music. The sex. The drugs. The dancing. It was raw primal energy and I loved every minute of it. The last six years of my life have been an ecstatic blur."