Stat Yourself [Elseworlds/What If?] [IC]

Heridfel

seanavatar.jpg

Sean smiled at the comic name the new arrival, R.J, gave them. "Hehe, yeah. I think you're onto something there." There was relief in Sean's voice - he was glad he wasn't the only person who thought this place was Freedom City. He takes a step closer to R.J, speaking directly to him, "I'm pretty sure we're in Freedom City, and I don't think that this is Candid Camera. Or, if it is, they're doing a bloody good job. Either way, I think I'm gonna run with it for a little while. It's not something you get to do everyday, huh?" He turns back to the girls, he has a sympathetic look on his face "Freedom City is a... hm," he looks at R.J, as if searching for words, then back to the girls, "If you're lost like we are, there's this comic back home about...this...place." It's then he realises that the girls, if fact, came out of Millenium Comics. His face crunches up into a question, "You guys don't read comics, do you?" At this point, he hopes to the Powers that they don't. He's made that mistake before and came off every bit a patronising as he was being.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seanavatar.jpg

Sean smiled at the comic name the new arrival, R.J, gave them. "Hehe, yeah. I think you're onto something there." There was relief in Sean's voice - he was glad he wasn't the only person who thought this place was Freedom City. He takes a step closer to R.J, speaking directly to him, "I'm pretty sure we're in Freedom City, and I don't think that this is Candid Camera. Or, if it is, they're doing a bloody good job. Either way, I think I'm gonna run with it for a little while. It's not something you get to do everyday, huh?" He turns back to the girls, he has a sympathetic look on his face "Freedom City is a... hm," he looks at R.J, as if searching for words, then back to the girls, "If you're lost like we are, there's this comic back home about...this...place." It's then he realises that the girls, if fact, came out of Millenium Comics. His face crunches up into a question, "You guys don't read comics, do you?" At this point, he hopes to the Powers that they don't. He's made that mistake before and came off every bit a patronising as he was being.

R.J. smiles too, mostly at the realization that he's not crazy.

He takes a couple of quarters and grabs a paper. Best to get caught up on the events of the day. And soon. And, it's better that he have something to fixate on. Sean is cute. And the last thing to do in a time of crisis is let that ole' chestnut take center stage.

Start with the Opinion pages. Get a lay for the general mood, then look at the Front Page. Yeah, That's the plan.

Where to herd the group? Astro Labs? Freedom Hall? Let's get to know each other as a group of (Disaster Refugees/Dimensionally displaced/ Candid Camera/ Insanity) victims. So many thoughts keep going through his head.

Rj needs to find an ATM. See if his accounts work. Perhaps he has a dimensional duplicate. I hope I can count on myself.

Gaaaaa...Just let the next few minutes pass, before you plan out everything to the last detail.

He takes a couple of quarters and grabs a paper. Best to get caught up on the events of the day. And soon. And, it's better that he have something to fixate on. Sean is cute. And the last thing to do in a time of crisis is let that ole' chestnut take center stage.

Start with the Opinion pages. Get a lay for the general mood, then look at the Front Page. Yeah, That's the plan.

Where to herd the group? Astro Labs? Freedom Hall? Let's get to know each other as a group of (Disaster Refugees/Dimensionally displaced/ Candid Camera/ Insanity) victims. So many thoughts keep going through his head.

Rj needs to find an ATM. See if his accounts work. Perhaps he has a dimensional duplicate. I hope I can count on myself.

Gaaaaa...Just let the next few minutes pass, before you plan out everything to the last detail.

James isn't having much luck, not that he expected it. He isn't comfortable asking random people questions, and it shows. Add to that the fact that he is asking people who are walking along a boardwalk (a place that you usually don't stand around at) about something that happened over an hour ago, and it's no surprise that he hasn't gotten any useful information so far.

He looks around for Tony, since he feels somewhat responsible for him. The guy looked like he had a rougher transfer than he did. He might have been on a roller coaster, but Tony looked like he was used as a punching bag for something. Even his eyes seemed darkened. He can't find him for a moment, and his heart rate starts to go up. Finally, he catches sight of his shirt as he walks towards a restaurant. James goes to follow him, hoping he spotted something unusual (like he had said).

James isn't having much luck, not that he expected it. He isn't comfortable asking random people questions, and it shows. Add to that the fact that he is asking people who are walking along a boardwalk (a place that you usually don't stand around at) about something that happened over an hour ago, and it's no surprise that he hasn't gotten any useful information so far.

He looks around for Tony, since he feels somewhat responsible for him. The guy looked like he had a rougher transfer than he did. He might have been on a roller coaster, but Tony looked like he was used as a punching bag for something. Even his eyes seemed darkened. He can't find him for a moment, and his heart rate starts to go up. Finally, he catches sight of his shirt as he walks towards a restaurant. James goes to follow him, hoping he spotted something unusual (like he had said).

Tony brazenly walks towards the chair-bound swimmer, to hell with the sign.

Joey has just settled back into his Indian style of sitting when he notices someone walking up to his table. 'No one I know, maybe they're going on to the next table. I knew should have asked for the corner booth. I hate having my back exposed.' Joey purposely starts looking in another direction, looking for anything to distract him from this newest strange turn of events. 'Nutritional value of Sweet and Low...been known to cause cancer in lab rats. And people eat this?'

Joey has just settled back into his Indian style of sitting when he notices someone walking up to his table. 'No one I know, maybe they're going on to the next table. I knew should have asked for the corner booth. I hate having my back exposed.' Joey purposely starts looking in another direction, looking for anything to distract him from this newest strange turn of events. 'Nutritional value of Sweet and Low...been known to cause cancer in lab rats. And people eat this?'

"Excuse me...this may sound weird, but...do you find yourself a stranger in a strange place?" As Tony asks the seated man his unusual querry, he notices James slipping in the door. Watching for James to notice him, Tony motions James over with a slight nod of his head. " Let me rephrase that less crypticly...have you recently found yourself somewhere that it is impossible to be?" Tony shakes his head abit, this is harder than he expected. Tony waits for an answer or for James to catch up, whichever happened first.

"Excuse me...this may sound weird, but...do you find yourself a stranger in a strange place?" As Tony asks the seated man his unusual querry, he notices James slipping in the door. Watching for James to notice him, Tony motions James over with a slight nod of his head. " Let me rephrase that less crypticly...have you recently found yourself somewhere that it is impossible to be?" Tony shakes his head abit, this is harder than he expected. Tony waits for an answer or for James to catch up, whichever happened first.

seanavatar.jpg

Sean watched R.J walk to get a paper and stands there, rather awkradly, with the girls for a few moments. Its at this point that the tall, thin camera man comes up to them, "Sean, what are you doing? We've got stuff to do! We have to get over to Astro Labs." Sean stumbles for a second, "Uh, yeah sure. Sorry. This is my cousin..." he indicates vaguely to one of the girls, "...I haven't seen her in a while." At this point, the cameraman notices R.J. Sean guesses what he's thinking, "That's - he's with us. That's her boyfriend." Once again he waves his hand generally in the direction of the girls. "Sorry, it's just that I thought they'd both died... in the Omega invasion." The camera man gives him a 'look', raising his eyebrow. Sean hopes he's been convincing, but he can tell the camera man isn't sure. He shoots some looks to the people around him, trying to get their back-up.

seanavatar.jpg

Sean watched R.J walk to get a paper and stands there, rather awkradly, with the girls for a few moments. Its at this point that the tall, thin camera man comes up to them, "Sean, what are you doing? We've got stuff to do! We have to get over to Astro Labs." Sean stumbles for a second, "Uh, yeah sure. Sorry. This is my cousin..." he indicates vaguely to one of the girls, "...I haven't seen her in a while." At this point, the cameraman notices R.J. Sean guesses what he's thinking, "That's - he's with us. That's her boyfriend." Once again he waves his hand generally in the direction of the girls. "Sorry, it's just that I thought they'd both died... in the Omega invasion." The camera man gives him a 'look', raising his eyebrow. Sean hopes he's been convincing, but he can tell the camera man isn't sure. He shoots some looks to the people around him, trying to get their back-up.

seanavatar.jpg

"Uh . . . yeah. Go figure. Here we are . . . in Freedom City . . . alive and well."

Lila gave the cameraman a little wave.

"Bailey, maybe you should see if your boyfriend needs help." She gave Bailey a shove toward the guy who introduced himself as R.J.

"Uh . . . yeah. Go figure. Here we are . . . in Freedom City . . . alive and well."

"Bailey, maybe you should see if your boyfriend needs help." She gave Bailey a shove toward the guy who introduced himself as R.J.

James reaches the table just in time to catch the tail end of what Tony had asked. He takes a closer look at the other man as he comes up behind Tony. He doesn't appear unusual, and the disconcerted expression makes it look like something of a dead end.

"Come on. We aren't going to find any witnesses here. An hour and a half is too long to see if anyone witnessed it," he says to Tony. "We're better off going to ASTRO Labs and seeing what they know there."

James reaches the table just in time to catch the tail end of what Tony had asked. He takes a closer look at the other man as he comes up behind Tony. He doesn't appear unusual, and the disconcerted expression makes it look like something of a dead end.

"Come on. We aren't going to find any witnesses here. An hour and a half is too long to see if anyone witnessed it," he says to Tony. "We're better off going to ASTRO Labs and seeing what they know there."

"Who the &%^$ are you people? What are you talking about am I finding myself somewhere I shouldn't be? Are you part of a cult? Cause I'm not interested. At all. I don't want to read your literature, I don't want to hear your speech and I don't want to shave my head and dance around with a tambourine. What I want to is eat my dinner and find out how to get to New York from here, where ever here is." Joey doesn't mention out loud that he thinks this whole thing is a dream. It's not until he hears Astro Labs that something clicks. "You want to know if I've seen anything weird? Yeah, these guys came up to me in a restaurant and started asking me questions. And witnessed what?"

"Who the &%^$ are you people? What are you talking about am I finding myself somewhere I shouldn't be? Are you part of a cult? Cause I'm not interested. At all. I don't want to read your literature, I don't want to hear your speech and I don't want to shave my head and dance around with a tambourine. What I want to is eat my dinner and find out how to get to New York from here, where ever here is." Joey doesn't mention out loud that he thinks this whole thing is a dream. It's not until he hears Astro Labs that something clicks. "You want to know if I've seen anything weird? Yeah, these guys came up to me in a restaurant and started asking me questions. And witnessed what?"