Stat Yourself [Elseworlds/What If?] [IC]

Heridfel

"Who the &%^$ are you people? What are you talking about am I finding myself somewhere I shouldn't be? Are you part of a cult? Cause I'm not interested. At all. I don't want to read your literature, I don't want to hear your speech and I don't want to shave my head and dance around with a tambourine. What I want to is eat my dinner and find out how to get to New York from here, where ever here is." Joey doesn't mention out loud that he thinks this whole thing is a dream. It's not until he hears Astro Labs that something clicks. "You want to know if I've seen anything weird? Yeah, these guys came up to me in a restaurant and started asking me questions. And witnessed what?"

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Sorry to space on you, Bails" R.J. says in response to this newest turn of events.

Oh fantastic. Now, I'm on camera and playing straight. Best just to go with it. I wonder if she is gonna like the nickname Bails? Move closer to her you dolt, body language is going to be a sure give away.

So R.J. does move closer, with the practiced ease that 10 years in theatre gives you for working with strange situations.

"So what's with the camera, cameraman? Out and about shooting footage today? Or is this going to be on the news? We are having something of an emotional reunion here, and the camera is kinda killing the mood, right darling? He directs the last question at "Bails"

"Sorry to space on you, Bails" R.J. says in response to this newest turn of events.

Oh fantastic. Now, I'm on camera and playing straight. Best just to go with it. I wonder if she is gonna like the nickname Bails? Move closer to her you dolt, body language is going to be a sure give away.

So R.J. does move closer, with the practiced ease that 10 years in theatre gives you for working with strange situations.

"So what's with the camera, cameraman? Out and about shooting footage today? Or is this going to be on the news? We are having something of an emotional reunion here, and the camera is kinda killing the mood, right darling? He directs the last question at "Bails"

James's first reaction is to apologize, and that's what he begins to do.

"We're sorry for bothering you, sir, and we're..." he says. Meanwhile, his brain is processing what else was said. "...wherever here is" the man had said, and he didn't know how to get to New York from Freedom City. "...going to be on our way." Tony had seen something that caused him to come over and start asking if he was a transfer, hadn't he? He has to try to set the bait.

"We're here from ASTRO Labs to see if anyone witnessed a dimensional transfer. The particulars of the transfer seem to have varied by location."

"We're sorry for bothering you, sir, and we're..." he says. Meanwhile, his brain is processing what else was said. "...wherever here is" the man had said, and he didn't know how to get to New York from Freedom City. "...going to be on our way." Tony had seen something that caused him to come over and start asking if he was a transfer, hadn't he? He has to try to set the bait.

"We're here from ASTRO Labs to see if anyone witnessed a dimensional transfer. The particulars of the transfer seem to have varied by location."

"Whoa...whoa...sorry. I am sorry...I made a mistake..."Tony was quickly apologizing and backing up some. The young man's violent reaction was slightly unexpected...slightly. Man...came on a little strong there. Need to be a little less obtuse and a bit more direct. As Tony started to nod and turn, James quickly reversed his departing apology and asked the qusetion much better than Tony. Sliding back behind James, Tony let hims take the lead...maybe the man that found him will have a better delivery.

"Whoa...whoa...sorry. I am sorry...I made a mistake..."Tony was quickly apologizing and backing up some. The young man's violent reaction was slightly unexpected...slightly. Man...came on a little strong there. Need to be a little less obtuse and a bit more direct. As Tony started to nod and turn, James quickly reversed his departing apology and asked the qusetion much better than Tony. Sliding back behind James, Tony let hims take the lead...maybe the man that found him will have a better delivery.

"So what's with the camera, cameraman? Out and about shooting footage today? Or is this going to be on the news? We are having something of an emotional reunion here, and the camera is kinda killing the mood, right darling? He directs the last question at "Bails."

"Right . . . R . . . J?" she said. Bailey hoped that was the right set of initials. She was so dumb-struck by the realizations of the last few minutes, most of the conversation had gone in one ear and out the other. "And, yeah, maybe we could have a moment here. Off camera. Over there."

Bailey grabbed R.J. by the arm and began pulling him down the street. As she passed by Lila, she grabbed her by the arm too. Looking over her shoulder, she said, "Well, come on . . . cousin . . . guy. Let's have that moment."

A few yards down the street and out of earshot of the camera man, Bailey turned to Lila and pinched her arm. "You are so wrong!"

"So what's with the camera, cameraman? Out and about shooting footage today? Or is this going to be on the news? We are having something of an emotional reunion here, and the camera is kinda killing the mood, right darling? He directs the last question at "Bails."

"Right . . . R . . . J?" she said. Bailey hoped that was the right set of initials. She was so dumb-struck by the realizations of the last few minutes, most of the conversation had gone in one ear and out the other. "And, yeah, maybe we could have a moment here. Off camera. Over there."

Bailey grabbed R.J. by the arm and began pulling him down the street. As she passed by Lila, she grabbed her by the arm too. Looking over her shoulder, she said, "Well, come on . . . cousin . . . guy. Let's have that moment."

A few yards down the street and out of earshot of the camera man, Bailey turned to Lila and pinched her arm. "You are so wrong!"

seanavatar.jpg

Sean looked at the camera man and shrugged, "Two seconds, I promise!" He didn't look impressed. Sean followed the others to where they were standing. "Look, I'm sorry about that before, I just couldn't think. I'm taking in a bit right now." He turns to the girls, "Now, I think I'm right in assuming you guys are... 'lost', like R.J and I here. If so..." he turns his attention to the whole group, "...I don't want to lose you guys. Have you seen Sliders? No-one get's left behind. Now, I don't know what you guys know about Freedom City..." he looks at R.J for a moment, "You seem to know this place..." then back to the group again, "But I've got a free ride to ASTRO labs - from what I know of this place, if we wanna get home, that would be a good place to start." Sean realises he's speaking a little fast and a little much, so he stops.

seanavatar.jpg

Sean looked at the camera man and shrugged, "Two seconds, I promise!" He didn't look impressed. Sean followed the others to where they were standing. "Look, I'm sorry about that before, I just couldn't think. I'm taking in a bit right now." He turns to the girls, "Now, I think I'm right in assuming you guys are... 'lost', like R.J and I here. If so..." he turns his attention to the whole group, "...I don't want to lose you guys. Have you seen Sliders? No-one get's left behind. Now, I don't know what you guys know about Freedom City..." he looks at R.J for a moment, "You seem to know this place..." then back to the group again, "But I've got a free ride to ASTRO labs - from what I know of this place, if we wanna get home, that would be a good place to start." Sean realises he's speaking a little fast and a little much, so he stops.

seanavatar.jpg

"Ho man, a Sliders reference. Todo, I don't think we are in Kansas any more." A Sliders reference. I think this may be love at first sight.

Mention of Astro Labs however brought things into sharper focus.

"Yeah, that seems as good as place as any. We could just march up to Freedom Hall and....." He stops himself as the enormity of what he's seemingly digested comes funneling up the mental esophagus.

He begins to pace, increasing in speed an agitation as he has a mini freak-out."What the hell is going on? I know I'm not the only person who thinks I'm in a comic book.

Is this for real. Are we treating this like it's for real? Astro Labs, Mr. Metropolis? For serious! I think this is one of those breath into a paper-bag moments. Anyone else want to find a paper bag?"

"Ho man, a Sliders reference. Todo, I don't think we are in Kansas any more." A Sliders reference. I think this may be love at first sight.

"Yeah, that seems as good as place as any. We could just march up to Freedom Hall and....." He stops himself as the enormity of what he's seemingly digested comes funneling up the mental esophagus.

He begins to pace, increasing in speed an agitation as he has a mini freak-out."What the hell is going on? I know I'm not the only person who thinks I'm in a comic book.

Is this for real. Are we treating this like it's for real? Astro Labs, Mr. Metropolis? For serious! I think this is one of those breath into a paper-bag moments. Anyone else want to find a paper bag?"

Lila was mortified at her own actions. She hadn't really intended to shove Bailey. It just sort of happened. And now that they were face to face with the strangers, Lila felt very conspicuous. She could tell that Bailey was mad and embarrassed too. Lila wished she was anywhere but there at that moment. She wished she could just vanish.

Lila just vanished. Disappeared completely.

Bailey still has a grip on her arm, but her arm, and the rest of her body, were completely invisible.

"Uh . . ."

"Uh . . ."

"Help!"

Lila was mortified at her own actions. She hadn't really intended to shove Bailey. It just sort of happened. And now that they were face to face with the strangers, Lila felt very conspicuous. She could tell that Bailey was mad and embarrassed too. Lila wished she was anywhere but there at that moment. She wished she could just vanish.

Bailey still has a grip on her arm, but her arm, and the rest of her body, were completely invisible.

"Uh . . ."

"Uh . . ."

"Help!"

"Uh . . ."

"Uh . . ."

"Help!"