Fisticuffs 2: Rycon vs Geckoman (IC)

"As for you, You need to work on your control, but... You did good. Congratulations."

Rycon had a face as if she was ready to be disciplined, but broke out to relief upon hearing "Congratulations", "Thank you Fulcrum." Her face seemed flushed, more so than before.

"But for now let us step out of the ring and let the next pair set up their bout. We can discuss this, and possibly more, later."

"Oh, yes, that would be a good idea..." She looked at Alex's majestic wing span, wondering what it was like to fly. She then snapped into reality as she turned to Geckoman, still speaking to the angel woman, "But please, for now I'd like to talk with someone else." Helping Geckoman up a bit, she starts to walk out of the arena, waving for the armor-wrecked Geckoman to come. As she passed by Dynamo, she whispered "Good luck with your match." before moving on like he wasn't there.

Rycon made a small chuckle as she walked out if the arena with Geckoman, "Bounce back?" she thought, watching the older green hero catch up and pass her while he was on his hands. As they exited the arena and reentered the waiting room, Rycon speaks, "Good match Geckoman." as she tries to put on a smile to hide guilt as her true feelings. "Hey, I if I may ask, what made you decide to return to hero work during your little 'retirement' early May?"

Geckoman arced an eyebrow at that question. "The whole grue thing. Y'know, aliens, giant monsters, death, destruction, city-wide panic?" He shook his head sadly. "Muggers, I can ignore. Godzilla stomping the streets? Not really ready to ignore that."

"And I'd rather not discuss my retirement, it's personal."

Rycon's guilt hidden smile turned to a more tender smile as Geckoman responded to her question. "Yeah, I suppose we can't have giant, multi-story creatures trying to invoke their favorite part of "Rampage" She gave another small chuckle, then sighed quietly at the 'retirement' part. "Oh, sorry to bring that up..." He said it was personal, but she heard rumors about a robbery that may have been connected to the whole thing, and it involved other Claremont students...

Having a moment to think afterwards, Rycon asked, "Geckoman, perhaps... we can try patrolling together one night? Her face was a little flushed as she spoke.

"Sure, why not?" said Geckoman, pulling some wipes from his utility belt to deal with the perspiration. A can of Axe swiftly followed. "Should warn you, though, people will warn you of my flying. I disagree, considering I'm reliably informed that I should be flying the Pitchoo like a helicopter, not a fighter jet. The fact noone has died is a miracle!"

Rycon smiled at Geckoman's response, "Great. So maybe sometime next week?" She was excited to work with others as she felt she didn't do well on her own. "I can judge your flying when we get to it, though based on what I've seen from you flying from the ground, it definetly looked like pretty reckless flying."

She looked at the suit Geckoman wore. It was torn up due to all the damage Rycon caused to it. "I suppose your suit will need to be fixed. I have some skill in structural crafts if you would like assistence." She felt better now than she ever had today.

"Nah, I got enough spare costumes to make a small, bullet-proof marquee," said Geckoman, pulling off the top of his tunic to reveal his muscular torso. "Real men can sew."

He looked around. "I'm sure I left a bag somewhere. Ah, there it is!" Still topless, he grabbed the bag and started rummaging through it. "Sure I had a shirt... I think. So, tomorrow night work for you?"

Rycon was surprised at Geckoman's muscular chest. "I didn't know you worked out that much, It doesn't seem as noticable when your in your costume." She made a small giggle. "Wonder where you get all the supplies for your suits."

She took a quick look outside the arena, she could see Dynamo making laps around the place, waiting for his rival, whoever it was. "Yeah, I'm fine with tomorrow. So long as sis doesn't find out." She started walking to the stands, "I'm going to view the matches now. See ya tomorrow night." She put a nice, big smile on her face as she left.

Rycon was surprised at Geckoman's muscular chest. "I didn't know you worked out that much, It doesn't seem as noticable when your in your costume." She made a small giggle. "Wonder where you get all the supplies for your suits."

"It's actually much cheaper than you'd think... Anyway, see you tomorrow night. I got a hot date to go to, and I need to clean off first."

Geckoman pulled on his t-shirt, and waited until he'd left to take off his mask and goggles. "Hmmm... need to find a good class for tae kwon do... or maybe ju-jitsu. Sna fu? Origami? Anyway, I'm not losing next time!"