Fisticuffs 2: Rycon vs Geckoman (IC)

Geckoman adjusted his goggles as he walked into the ring, a spring in his step. "Ladies and gentlement, energy beings of all ages! The Gobsmacking Geckoman is here for your evening's entertainment!"

He did a quick backflip, landing in a jazz hands pose. "Now, when his contender is READY!" he shouted to the other side of the ring. "Y'all can bust out the popcorn."

Rycon had her face buried deep in her hands, her mind going bonkers about her current position. "What am I doing?!" she thought, knowing the tensity of the situation. She hadn't entered the arena yet, and she really didn't want to, after seeing the first two rounds. "Dr. Archeville is here. If I go, I may disappoint him. If I don't, I will disappoint him!" But she knew what she had to do, so before she went out, she says, "This is gonna suck!"

Rycon charged head on to the arena, trying to focus on her opponent Geckoman, who seemed busy being a loudmouth to the audience. She hops over a 3-foot wall in the way to get a clear view at Geckoman and she fires a series of electric shots at the green suit-clad hero, which looked like white, thich, one-foot javelins. No one-liners, just pure silent concentration was in Rycon's eyes.

Geckoman glanced to the side to see the electricity flying towards him. Going to roll, he felt the lightning sear his costume at his side. "Hey! This is dry clean only!" he said in mock anguish as he looked at the blackened mess, breaking into a run towards Rycon. "Hold still, this might hurt," came the grin as Geckoman leapt up and swung a roundhouse kick into the side of Rycon's head.

Nearly finding Geckoman's foot in her cheek, Rycon quickly blocks it with her trenchcoat, using the momentum to cartwheel away, while triggering her secret invisibility device hidden in her coat. Without a word, She makes another strike, throwing more thunder at Geckoman while he's off-guard.

Geckoman roared in pain as the electric blasts seared his chest. Dammit, cloaking device. Dropping low, he came up in a crouch, sniffing the air.

"OK, nice trick," he winced. "Nice to see a sudden burst of competence. Thing is," he opined, suddenly bursting at the invisible girl. Grabbing her in a headlock, he brought his elbow down into her stomach. "I can smell that trenchcoat. Might wanna wash it so embarassing situations like this don't happen!"

Rycon did not expect the fact that Geckoman could smell her, nor the fact that he got her in a headlock, OR the fact that her stomach was struck and unable to keep concentration. "Damn, how embarrasing..." she thought as she was unable to concentrate.

"Ah, keeping quiet," asked Geckoman, roughly shoving Rycon away and out of the headlock. "Ah well, I can talk enough for us both." Blatantly showboating, he raised both arms up and one leg up, in the Crane Stance from the Karate Kid.

With dramatic pause to allow everyone to anticipate the Daniel-San inspired kick... Geckoman planted his foot down again and punched Rycon in the face.

Regaining senses, Rycon sees the Crane Stance, responding with "Fine, let's talk," as she uses the time to deflect the attack with her arm. "You're slowing down. Work on your stamina!" she states in a calm, yet demanding manner as she backflips into the air, charging her arm with electricity as she fires them, shouting, "Every single shot will hit the target!" out loud as if she was talking to someone else. She was right, every single shot DID hit the target, and the 'target' being Geckoman.

"Slowing down?" said Geckoman, laughing. "Peak human reflexes. I could half my speed and still..." Crap, incoming! He leapt into the air to try and dodge, but the shots hit him dead on in the chest, bringing him crashing down on his knees.

"Good... shot..." he managed through gritted teeth. Why aren't the wounds healing!? This isn't right.

Rycon, seeing this oppertunity, prepares more electricity. "Come on, HIT" she thinks as her hands slip, causing her bolts to fire in inaccurate directions... She thinks "Gah, don't pray for miracles next time," as she prepares to avoid Geckoman's next move.

"C'mon, I'm barely moving!" complained Geckoman, casually avoiding the attacks. Glancing back, he noticed the lightning arcing back towards him. Oh... sausages.

Running towards Rycon's location, he skidded to a halt in the dust and gave a quick salute. "Watch this," he grinned, tensing his knees to leap.

Rycon watches in surprise at Geckoman's dodging abilities, but seeing an opportunity, she charges toward the green-clad hero, flipping over him as she fires even more electric shots. But as she flips, she takes a quick look at Dr. Archeville and Fulcrum, who we're watching the match. She gives the two a confident wink as she drops to the ground, watching all her new shots lock on and striking Geckoman. "Now, what to do next..." she thinks as she focuses what her next move will be

Caught off guard, the shots felt like liquid fire as they coursed into Geckoman's back. He could smell the singed kevlar and blistered flesh underneath it. It wasn't a good smell. Great. A total newb is kicking my ass. Thing is... I've taken worse.

Still reeling and unable to move with any co-ordination, Chris grinned under his mask as he turned to look at where he could smell his invisible attacker. "Bring it." The words hurt, but damn if they didn't feel good.

Rycon looked on at the battered and beaten hero, who was still standing, "How persistent, yet remarkable she thought in wonder. "But I can't lower my guard!" Rycon vaults in circles around Geckoman, trying to lose his guard. She was still firing electricity shots at him, "I'll have to keep hitting him till he falls!" Rycon couldn't hold back now.

Geckoman skipped over one shot, then another. Unfortunately, one clipped his shoulder, smashing him back and letting the next volley crash into his chest and arms. Dammit... not again. With the familiar dizziness and nausea filling his head and guts, Chris stopped fighting it and let himself drop to the floor and slide into the blackness.

"Congrats bro!" said Dynamo dashing into the arena, holding out his arm for a high-five. "Well... bro-ette I guess. But still, good job out there!" Dynamo looked around the arena and signalled Archeville, the in house medic. "Yo Doc! Skippy needs a pick me up!" Retuning his attention to Rycon, he says "Okay, pick any food or drink ya like in the whole world. Like I mean anyone of them. It'll be my treat. Consider it a reward for winning. And don't worry, I'll give Skippy a bag of frozen peas for his head there. Doc's a miracle worker and Skippy apparently bounces back quick."

Doktor Archeville zipped down from his Hovering Barcalounger (of Doom) with one of his EMT kits. As he worked, he gave Rycon a thumbs-up with his left hand. But after a moment, he began growing concerned. "He can regenerate. Why is he not regenerating?"

Girly's got more juice than I thought. That's very, very interesting.

Perhaps something in the boy's healing factor does not react properly with electrical damage?

Only one way to find out! Muah hah hah hah hah hah!!!

Not now! We are here to patch them up, not experiment.

"Congrats bro! Well... bro-ette I guess. But still, good job out there!"

Realizing her invisibility was shut off, Rycon turned to the college hero who suddenly appeared next to her. She gives him a high five, not entirely sure listening to him, "Oh, thanks..." She was focusing more on Dr. Archeville, who was looking over the injured Geckoman.

"He can regenerate. Why is he not regenerating?"

Rycon immedietly ran over to the two as she looked over Geckoman's wounds. They seemed deep, deeper than usual. Her mind was racing for a conclusion why he won't regenerate, "Was he weak to electricity, or...!" She realized it. Her electric powers we're growing powerful, more so than she'd thought. She looked at the Doctor, speaking in German. "" A look of worry and guilt came over her face.

Alex stepped out of one of her portals next to the Doctor's flying piece of furniture. The mixed breed angel caught about half of what was said, but that was enough for her to determine that some assistance might be in order. "I can fix that, one moment." The dark angel laid her hands over the most obvious of Geckoman's burns and quickly began to channel her soul-fire, tweaking it to heal. "You'll be fine in a moment." She said as soft silverly fire washed over the battered teen's body, as it passed it left the costume damaged but the hero hale and whole. Looking over to the young brunette she inquired in german. "

Rycon looks in wonder as the... "angel" healed Geckoman's wounds like rubbing cream all over it. She turned to the new woman, "Oh, thank you. How does that work?" Rycon was quickly checking the 20-something old woman, she very much looked human, yet her wings prove otherwise...

When the woman discussed about her wounds, Rycon opened up her trenchcoat to reveal a bruise on her stomach. "" Rycon expected Geckoman to deal a number of wounds, but she somehow prevailed with just that one grapple attack.

Fulcrum waited for the others to head into the arena before descending herself. Giving Rycon a congratulatory pat on the back, she smiled at Geckoman. "No, no. You're still in good ol' apple pie Freedom City. Feeling better?"

Glancing to Mongrel Angel, she nodded, "Thank you."

"As for you," turning to Rycon, a serious look on her face, "You need to work on your control, but..." Dropping the serious facade, she smiled and offered a handshake to the young hero, "You did good. Congratulations."

"And congratulations to you too, Geckoman."

As she moved over to heal Rycon's mild injuries Alex takes a moment to consider her question. "I have no 'scientific' base for it, partly instinctive on my part. I do see it as locking onto a body's instinctive knowledge of how it should be when whole and hale and sort of moving into that state. But, no idea if that's quite what it does." Seeing that the healing took the dark angel opens up another of her portals. Making a motion to offer passage through it she resumes talking. "But for now let us step out of the ring and let the next pair set up their bout. We can discuss this, and possibly more, later."