Fisticuffs 2: The Opening Credits (OOC)

Geez3r

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I've been really conflicted too, IC and OOC. Thankfully the vampire lord helped get things under control. Funny thing is, even if she knew how powerful Wander was, she'd still step in. She needed to get her Superman on. ;)

Which does lead to an interesting idea. I don't know much about Wander, but maybe Fulcrum can track her down and have a heart-to-heart? Side thread perhaps?

Sense Motive vs Avenger's DC 26 Bluff (1d20+8=12), Notice vs Avenger's DC 20 (1d20+8=27)? Bombed the SM, doesn't matter. :D

JoaB can oppose that with his Bluff, right? He autohits 33 Bluff and 20 Notice; plus, he's seen Avenger pull this kinda thing before, in Public Service.

So, probably a goofy question, but am I blanking on Lukos and JoaB meeting at some point? It gets all confusing when both Jacks are around.

Honestly, I don't think that they have, unless I misremember. The Jack that he is speaking of is actually Freedom City's Alpha Male Werewolf.

Addendum: Avenger, if that IC post is not cool with you, please let me know. I will willingly change it. It just seemed thematically appropriate for the time.

Reposted from Avenger vs. Lukos OOC: I believe this deserves reiterating so you don't get the wrong idea from my posts. Lukos was sent here under orders to battle Avenger. Do as much damage as possible. Kill him if he can. Because as he was told, Vampires are horrible people and are doing terrible things to the city. His Alpha wouldn't lie to him, right?

To be fair, his issue with Dynamo was that he was insulting entire groups rather than individuals. But yeah, the 'pet name' crack really hit Jack's buttons and set off some seriously harsh stuff. So, in the continuing trend of Jack trying make friends with a Claremont kid and having it go horribly, horribly wrong.

Seriously, with all of that Charisma, Jack has to make a conscious decision to be that big a jerk, amirite?

For the sake of argument, here's the logic I was operating on: he didn't approve of Dynamo's banter because racial and GLBT stereotypes are dehumanizing. So is calling Dead Head a pet. Okay, yes, technically 'Head isn't human anyway, but 'desentientizing' isn't a word. He'd go to bat for Vince or even Avenger or Lukos on the same grounds.

...'course, he probably could have raised his objections is a more diplomatic manner, yeah.

That's none of your business

Dead Head's making it his business. Since he suspects that whatever trauma is in her past is exactly the sort of thing he fights against.

Start by using his Postcognition on her, having local spirits tell him what went on in her past. Since she's not from this world, though, they'd be limited in what they can read off her -- his postcog is "the spirits of those who were there telling him first-hand what happened," but unless Wander's got a personal haunt from her own world attached to her, no spirit in this world would know what had happened on her world. (Unless there's been some spirits hanging around in her therapy sessions.)

So, after realizing that, Extra Effort to stunt the following off his Necromantic Powers Array (12pp):

Mind Reading 13 (Extras: Action 2 [Free for surface thoughts, Move for memory probe]; Flaws: Limited/Only thoughts & memories related to death & killing, Sense-Dependent/Visual; Drawback: Noticeable [cone of emerald light from his eyes])

Descriptor: DH's power over death is so great (greater than even he realizes) that he can look into a person's eyes and know who they've lost (or who they've killed), and knows the details as well as the person themself knows it.

No HPs left (unless Wander's mere presence is enough of a setback to nab him one ;) ), so he's Fatigued. Which fits, since seeing what's in her mind regarding her zombie-filled past would be traumatic for anyone.