Fisticuffs 2: The Opening Credits (OOC)

Geez3r

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which I did, but I was thinking some Quickness/Rapid would be needed to handle the sheer volume of her death-centric memories.

That's not how Mind Probes work, though. It defaults to a Full Action to ask a single question. Buy that action down to Free, and you can effectively ask as many questions in one round as you want. It's +3PP/rank, but it should be expensive for what it does (assuming it should even be allowed in the first place).

Well, he got way more information than 2 questions in a round, so the mind probe would have to have been bought up all the way to a free action. However, his prior use of Postcognition probably made the Mind Reading redundant.

Neither application of Mind Reading is a "routine task," so neither one is an appropriate application of Quickness.

Thanks, Shaen.

Toughness saves, DC 32 (1d20+18=26, 1d20+18=22)

(no HPs, can't re-roll, so I did 'em both on one line)

The 26 fails by 6, giving him an Injury and Stunning him.

The 22 (21 now due to the Injury he just took) fails by 11, which on a normal person would be Staggered + Disabled + Stunned. Constructs (like Dead Head) are damaged like inanimate objects, and according to Kenson, a Disabled construct ceases to function (but remains largely intact).

"largely intact" = "head kicked off, so he's only in two pieces, and the two pieces are otherwise okay"

(22:31:34) Geez3r: Speaking of Dead Head... *goes to reanimate DH in Fisticuffs*

(22:35:02) Dr_Archeville: now, the thing is, by the rules, even if someone gets his head out of the dumpster and plops it back on his body, it still takes an hour before he gets to regenerate away that Disabled condition. Only way to accelerate it is to either fead him (for his source/meat regneeration), or use an Affects Objects Healing effect on him.

(22:51:32) Geez3r: There is however a potential problem with stunting that Healing effect:

(22:51:39) Geez3r: Power Surge - When Dynamo pushes himself beyond his normal limits, the sudden release of energy isn't always controlled and may release itself in an uncontrolled and potentially harmful manner. Mechanically, when Dynamo uses Extra Effort, there is a chance (not always) that there is some side effect power that tags along with it, usually of the electrical descriptor. This could be an electric aura, messing with nearby technology, generating lots of static cling, or generating a blinding flash are just some of the potential effects. But in all cases, they're out of Dynamo's control.

(22:54:31) Dr_Archeville: well, we're kinda away from everyone, so having electrical arcs all around the area like a Quickening Highlander shouldn't cause too much ruckus (especially given everything else that's going on)

(22:56:39) Geez3r: Well it'll suck if it zap fries DH again "I'm Alive!" *ZAP* *sizzle*

(22:57:57) Geez3r: Remember that Dynamo's lightning is rank 13 by default

Lightning 13 = DC 28.

DH's got Toughness +18 (Imp 13), so he does need to make the roll. The one Injury he's sustained will impose a -1 penalty on the save.

Toughness save vs. Dynamo's Quickening (DC 28) (1d20+17=18)

Which fails by 10... putting him right back at Disabled again... and no HP to re-roll it.

Sonuva...

Part of me thinks that's hilarious, and would keep it.

But part of me realizes that Dynamo seeing him get up and then 'die' again would do horrible things to his psyche.

But, hey, getting killed is what Dead Head does, man ;)

Wesley is quiet for a second, he weighs his options, thinking about how he could help the really dead Dead Head. He speaks up, "I can bring him back to life if he is. It's what I do, you know?"

... I have no idea what will happen.

DH is Disabled. For a Construct, Disabled = "cease functioning, but still mostly intact." He's dead-dead. (Dying = "destroyed & in lots of pieces")

And Wes is just holding his head. Would bringing it to life result in a freshly-decapitated (and quickly dying) head? Or some freakish living head? What of his body?

Opposed power checks? Wes's Healing vs. DH's... what? His Necromantic Array? His Regen? His Immunity to Fort effects?

Or rule that the few bites of hamburger he had earlier is enough for his Source/meat Regeneration, and he 'resurrects' now?

The fights take place one at a time. They are numbered in their individual threads for your convenience. I believe the first few fall in this order:

Wander v Dead Head

Lukos v Avenger

Rycon v Geckoman

So since Avenger and Lukos are now done fighting, it would seem that your fight is about to occur.