Fisticuffs 2: The Opening Credits (OOC)

Geez3r

This occurs before any and all of the other matches. This is for heroes showing up on scene and shooting the breeze before any actual matches. Unless they specifically duck out early, every hero is present in every thread. They are merely being run at the same time so the thread as a whole will play out faster. If you are not in a match, you are part of the peanut gallery. Interject if you feel the need, but you participation is only required in your own personal fight thread and this thread. After all the match threads have been set up, I will include a chronological list here for ease of browsing.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So are we supposed to be doing this all in the main thread now?

In any case, Wander's not going to leave it at that, no way no how. Zombies must not walk free! Another all-out power attack, seeing as how she's too interested in killing him to watch her own back.

1d20+14=27

Once again, a DC 32 toughness save. I will post the IC as soon as I know where we're supposed to be posting. =)

I certainly don't mind her stepping in, but she can't interpose till next round, because she wasn't adjacent to Dead Head when Wander took her action. She could always attempt to scruff the two of them like cats next round, though. :D

So are we supposed to be doing this all in the main thread now?

In any case, Wander's not going to leave it at that, no way no how. Zombies must not walk free! Another all-out power attack, seeing as how she's too interested in killing him to watch her own back.

1d20+14=27

Once again, a DC 32 toughness save. I will post the IC as soon as I know where we're supposed to be posting. =)

Toughness save vs. Wander's attack; DC 32 (1d20+18=27)

Fails by 5, so he's injured and stunned.

Damage 17 - Knockback 15 = 2 points of knockback =

Stunned = can take no actions this round.

I know this is technically the middle of the round, but does any interested party wish to enter the initiative order before Wander commences with her very best effort to take Dead Head apart with her bare hands, literally? I will warn that she's likely to attack anyone who tries to physically intervene. ;)

See, I'm all kinds of conflicted on this.

OOC, I'd like to see this play out; I imagine several others would, too. But, I also don't want to see Wander's psyche & her reputation get even worse, which is what will happen if she does what she's planning to do to DH. I leave it up to Electra.

IC, DH does not see himself as being in any real danger (healing and coming back from destruction are his bag, baby), but eventually he'll realize how badly his presence is affecting Wander and he'll try and talk her down from her rage. Which, of course, won't work, since she won't -- or can't -- listen to him. So then he'd leave. With mixed results, since she'd then pursue him like Ahab after the White Whale.

As it is, even if they were pulled apart now, the simple fact she knows there is a zombie on this planet is going to do bad things to Wander's mind. Unless someone were to erase the past 30 seconds or so of her memories. which, fortunately, my other character could do, with his Science!

I think the most hilarious part of this is the blase reactions from most of the heroes to one of their fellows being ripped to pieces by someone who's basically having a psychotic break. ;-) As for where we go from here, the simplest answer would likely be for Dead Head to just play, well, dead. If she's taken his head off and smashed him around a little and he's not moving, she'll perceive the danger to be over and start to come back to herself. She'll still be very upset, obviously, but she'll no longer be a threat and will hopefully go home and allow Dead Head to pick himself up and put himself back together. As long as she's hitting him but he's still moving, she's just going to get more and more worked up.

Alternatively, someone else could step in and try to intervene, but Erin is PL 14 and doing lethal damage, so that may be rather unwise. AA has volunteered to have Avenger step in with some mind control, so that's another way to go. All things considered, I would rather not have to describe the blow by blow account of Erin taking Dead Head apart into tiny little pieces. cause it's kinda gross. :D