Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Geez3r

Fisticuffs 2: The Opening Credits (OOC)

Recommended Posts

This occurs before any and all of the other matches. This is for heroes showing up on scene and shooting the breeze before any actual matches. Unless they specifically duck out early, every hero is present in every thread. They are merely being run at the same time so the thread as a whole will play out faster. If you are not in a match, you are part of the peanut gallery. Interject if you feel the need, but you participation is only required in your own personal fight thread and this thread. After all the match threads have been set up, I will include a chronological list here for ease of browsing.

Share this post


Link to post

Roll some Initiative and get down to it. Oh and don't kill one another.... much.

Share this post


Link to post

"Just make sure you write down everything you see once things get started. We'll need this. You, me, my family, and all the rest of us in this city."

There's only room for one Batman expy in this town!

Share this post


Link to post

Well, this bodes well...

Initiative: 1d20+13=16

Do you mind if I still take the surprise round? Otherwise this fight won't make a huge amount of sense. :D

Share this post


Link to post

And with that, I think it may be time to move this into the actual fight thread for Wander and Dead Head?

Share this post


Link to post

Okay, all out power attack, no bat, trying to do lethal damage.

1d20+14=28

She's unarmed, so it's a DC 32 toughness check, and her defense is currently at +9.

Share this post


Link to post

He's flat-footed (surprise round; he wasn't expecting the Wiry Wander to leap on him like that), so his Defense is 14 for that attack.

Toughness save vs. Wander's attack; DC 32 (1d20+18=19) :shock:

That'd fail by 13, putting him at staggered, disabled, and stunned.

ZOMBIE POINT!

Toughness save vs. Wander's attack; DC 32; HP re-roll (1d20+18=38) :shock:

No damage!

Share this post


Link to post

LOL, that'll just make her even madder! You won initiative, so it's your turn. Have fun with her -5 to defense. ;-)

Share this post


Link to post

Move the battle over to the other thread, like 3/4 of the roster still needs to show up.

EDIT: Actually, i'm just going to merge the two threads. That way people are showing up during the battle.

Share this post


Link to post

Starsign, Lukos doesn't really look very "college" he wears a mask and a leather jacket. He might appear young, but your best guess would be someone in their 20s. I've included a link to his detailed description in the latest post I made for him.

Share this post


Link to post

Dead Head... does nothing this round. He turns and walks off.

He knows not what is going on.

Share this post


Link to post

So are we supposed to be doing this all in the main thread now?

In any case, Wander's not going to leave it at that, no way no how. Zombies must not walk free! Another all-out power attack, seeing as how she's too interested in killing him to watch her own back.

1d20+14=27

Once again, a DC 32 toughness save. I will post the IC as soon as I know where we're supposed to be posting. =)

Share this post


Link to post

I've merged the Opening Credits and the Wander vs Dead Head threads into one single thread.

Share this post


Link to post

My apologies for interrupting the fight. Seemed dramatically appropriate, but I will certainly edit if needed.

Maybe Fulcrum takes the next hit for Dead Head if she's quick enough? Doc? Electra? Geez3r? Thoughts/Comments/Rulings? ;)

Share this post


Link to post

I certainly don't mind her stepping in, but she can't interpose till next round, because she wasn't adjacent to Dead Head when Wander took her action. She could always attempt to scruff the two of them like cats next round, though. :D

Share this post


Link to post

So are we supposed to be doing this all in the main thread now?

In any case, Wander's not going to leave it at that, no way no how. Zombies must not walk free! Another all-out power attack, seeing as how she's too interested in killing him to watch her own back.

1d20+14=27

Once again, a DC 32 toughness save. I will post the IC as soon as I know where we're supposed to be posting. =)

Toughness save vs. Wander's attack; DC 32 (1d20+18=27)

Fails by 5, so he's injured and stunned.

Damage 17 - Knockback 15 = 2 points of knockback =

Stunned = can take no actions this round.

Share this post


Link to post

I know this is technically the middle of the round, but does any interested party wish to enter the initiative order before Wander commences with her very best effort to take Dead Head apart with her bare hands, literally? I will warn that she's likely to attack anyone who tries to physically intervene. ;)

Share this post


Link to post

If DH wasn't stunned (and thus incapable of taking actions), he'd be giving a thumbs up/"I've got this" sign to Fulcrum & both Jacks. ;)

"It's all part of my plan. I'm gonna tire her out!"

Share this post


Link to post

Well, really, reflecting on the situation, Fulcrum would more than likely intervene. Dead or not, the poor guy doesn't deserve to get pulped. Any objections? :smash:

Share this post


Link to post

See, I'm all kinds of conflicted on this.

OOC, I'd like to see this play out; I imagine several others would, too. But, I also don't want to see Wander's psyche & her reputation get even worse, which is what will happen if she does what she's planning to do to DH. I leave it up to Electra.

IC, DH does not see himself as being in any real danger (healing and coming back from destruction are his bag, baby), but eventually he'll realize how badly his presence is affecting Wander and he'll try and talk her down from her rage. Which, of course, won't work, since she won't -- or can't -- listen to him. So then he'd leave. With mixed results, since she'd then pursue him like Ahab after the White Whale.

As it is, even if they were pulled apart now, the simple fact she knows there is a zombie on this planet is going to do bad things to Wander's mind. Unless someone were to erase the past 30 seconds or so of her memories. which, fortunately, my other character could do, with his Science!

Share this post


Link to post

I think the most hilarious part of this is the blase reactions from most of the heroes to one of their fellows being ripped to pieces by someone who's basically having a psychotic break. ;-) As for where we go from here, the simplest answer would likely be for Dead Head to just play, well, dead. If she's taken his head off and smashed him around a little and he's not moving, she'll perceive the danger to be over and start to come back to herself. She'll still be very upset, obviously, but she'll no longer be a threat and will hopefully go home and allow Dead Head to pick himself up and put himself back together. As long as she's hitting him but he's still moving, she's just going to get more and more worked up.

Alternatively, someone else could step in and try to intervene, but Erin is PL 14 and doing lethal damage, so that may be rather unwise. AA has volunteered to have Avenger step in with some mind control, so that's another way to go. All things considered, I would rather not have to describe the blow by blow account of Erin taking Dead Head apart into tiny little pieces. cause it's kinda gross. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...