Closing her eyes and pinching the bridge of her nose, Sage sighed. --Honestly, you're all kind of gross in one way or another. Me too, I guess. I mean this isn't exactly normal, right? So let's just build a nice, happy friendship on the common ground of freakdom.--

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dead Head.

Hunh, seems he feels the same way about me as I do about Squidly.

The Revoltin' Revenant's grin slackened a bit, and he made a dismissive wave at the masked werewolf. "Yeah, I get that a lot. No skin off my nose."

He glanced again at Kid Cthulhu, then back to Lukos, then to Dynamo. "Think I'll be headin' out now; look me up some time. We can team up, be the Quick an' the Dead." He turned and shambled out, chuckling a bit as he went.

As he went, he 'thought at' Sage. freaks an' monsters I can' handle, Miss, I'm on a team with a vampire an' a half-demon an' an alien an' a witch. But there's something really weirdin' me out about squid-face there, same way wolf-boy's instinct's are tellin' him t'bury me. I mean t'find out why that is, but I cain't do it here.

Dead Head.

He glanced again at Kid Cthulhu, then back to Lukos, then to Dynamo. "Think I'll be headin' out now; look me up some time. We can team up, be the Quick an' the Dead." He turned and shambled out, chuckling a bit as he went.

KC smiled at the zombie. His head still hurt a little for some reason; he would investigate the cause of it later. There was something about the zombie that didn't strike him quite right. Other than the fact that he was a zombie. But he liked the guy, that was for sure.

He moved his head front left to right, and then turned around. "Has anyone seen Rycon?"

Feeling relieved and a little tired from her match, Rycon exited the waiting room to see the heroes in the lobby. She saw that Dynamo, JoAB, Lukos, and Avenger were still there, Dead Head seemed to have left already.

Then she noticed the new people. Rycon did not recognize the woman with massively long hair, and the dreadlock-haired man who's interest seemed on the woman. However the other one she knew. Sage, who she met at Claremont and had a couple adventures together. Rycon waved to the teenage psychic, about to say "hello" when she turned to see another creature. An all-too-familiar squid-man, "Kid Cthulhu!' she waved to, ignoring Sage now.

Earlier today, Ashley had told KC about checking out an underground building (the arena here) for some "sparring matches" that would be happening, and asked him to come ASAP. As she walked up to Kid Cthulhu, Rycon happily said, "My match already ended, I wish you were there to see it." Rycon turned around to see if the others were watching the two before asking, "You are pretty late," said in a rather serious tone, "What took you so long?"

Lukos regarded the dead man walking away silently. He had no more to say that he had not already. He thought about offering a good-bye but elected not too, thinking it would only seem strained and transparent after his earlier comment. Better just to let him be, Lukos thought.

"It certainly was quite a match." Lukos remarked as he turned toward Rycon and Kid Cthuhlu. "That would make you Rycon then? I apologize for not introducing myself earlier. Lukos." He proffered his hand.

Earlier today, Ashley had told KC about checking out an underground building (the arena here) for some "sparring matches" that would be happening, and asked him to come ASAP. As she walked up to Kid Cthulhu, Rycon happily said, "My match already ended, I wish you were there to see it." Rycon turned around to see if the others were watching the two before asking, "You are pretty late," said in a rather serious tone, "What took you so long?"

"You know I woulda totally been there, Rycon, but some magical maladies came up. More specifically, the Necronomicon. It falls into the wrong hands a lot. But I came as soon as I could." He was more than happy to see her. He could have sworn he even blushed, but it would probably not show beneath his scaly skin. "So, who'd you fight? Did you win?"

Rycon listened to Kid Cthulhu's reason for being late. "To be honest," she began, looking a bit flustered while speaking, "I kind of forgotten that you would be coming. If you arrived earlier, there might have been for tension for me." She already had enough with Dr. Archeville watching her match, she didn't need her best friend at the time as well. "Now about this Necronomicon... She wanted to change the subject, "Who exactly-"

Rycon was cut off by her noticing the werewolf coming towards her. She turned to Lukos, saying, "Yes it was quite a fight. Your fight seemed rather brutal in comparison..." She accepted Lukos's handshake, then turned back to KC, "Oh yeah, I won my match against Geckoman, with nary a bruise too." She felt like she was bragging, which she wasn't very fond of. She decided to change the subject again, "KC, could you tell me who in the world would use this Necronomicon and not go insane during the process?"

Rycon listened to Kid Cthulhu's reason for being late. "To be honest," she began, looking a bit flustered while speaking, "I kind of forgotten that you would be coming. If you arrived earlier, there might have been for tension for me." She already had enough with Dr. Archeville watching her match, she didn't need her best friend at the time as well. "Now about this Necronomicon... She wanted to change the subject, "Who exactly-"

Rycon was cut off by her noticing the werewolf coming towards her. She turned to Lukos, saying, "Yes it was quite a fight. Your fight seemed rather brutal in comparison..." She accepted Lukos's handshake, then turned back to KC, "Oh yeah, I won my match against Geckoman, with nary a bruise too." She felt like she was bragging, which she wasn't very fond of. She decided to change the subject again, "KC, could you tell me who in the world would use this Necronomicon and not go insane during the process?"

"Sane? It was far too late for that. Poor guy..." KC said, shaking his head.

"You beat Geckoman! Congratulations, Rycon!" he said, overjoyed for her. He was glad she won, especially against a big-leaguer like Geckoman. He couldn't help it, he wrapped his arms around her in a big bear hug.

Rycon did not brace herself for Kid Cthulhu's bear hug, causing her to fall down on the ground. She gave a chuckle and said, "Thanks KC." while thinking "This is so embarrassing..."

While enveloped in the big hug, Rycon quietly whispered to KC. "Those... people that used the Necronomicon." She quickly turned left and right to see who was watching her, then continued in quietly, but with relief, "Were they actually able to call upon those... things in that book? If so, I'm glad you stayed sane yourself." Then she hugged KC back, despite his tentacles that were plopped on her shoulder. (she was starting to get used to it) Anyone with superhuman hearing could have heard her whisper those words to KC.

Rycon did not brace herself for Kid Cthulhu's bear hug, causing her to fall down on the ground. She gave a chuckle and said, "Thanks KC." while thinking "This is so embarrassing..."

While enveloped in the big hug, Rycon quietly whispered to KC. "Those... people that used the Necronomicon." She quickly turned left and right to see who was watching her, then continued in quietly, but with relief, "Were they actually able to call upon those... things in that book? If so, I'm glad you stayed sane yourself." Then she hugged KC back, despite his tentacles that were plopped on her shoulder. (she was starting to get used to it) Anyone with superhuman hearing could have heard her whisper those words to KC.

KC was surprised when she fell to the ground. "Heh, sorry." the squid-boy apoligized as he helped her up. KC also had a quick look from left to right, and leaned close to Rycon. "It's okay, just a bunch of teenagers that stole it off of a more powerful magician. We should be okay, I locked it up someplace safe."

"And don't worry about my sanity, I'm already over the cliff The men in the white coats should be here in a few minutes." KC said, moving his index finger around the side of his head in the "crazy" gesture. He laughed a little and dusted off his costume.

"Necronomicon?" Lukos asked tentatively, "Isn't that the book of the dead that's always featured in horror movies?"

Every day, Lukos found out that the world of super heroes that he lived in got weirder and weirder. "I wasn't aware that thing actually existed. Are you its guardian or something?" Lukos raised an eyebrow beneath his gas mask, outwardly, he was as inexpressive as always.

"Necronomicon?" Lukos asked tentatively, "Isn't that the book of the dead that's always featured in horror movies?"

Every day, Lukos found out that the world of super heroes that he lived in got weirder and weirder. "I wasn't aware that thing actually existed. Are you its guardian or something?" Lukos raised an eyebrow beneath his gas mask, outwardly, he was as inexpressive as always.

"Yep, pretty much. The same one Ash was looking for, but this one doesn't try to bite your hand. Regardless..." KC was eager to drop the subject of the book. It kind of gave him the creeps, all that power in a single volume. A thought occurred to him. Oh crap, what if there's a second volume of it?

"Are there any more rounds, or any going on? I'd totally love to see some fighting."

Rycon had a tiny chuckle at the Evil Dead reference, then decided to play along with the subject change. "We've done almost half of them already. I believe Dynamo is having his match now. Fulcrum's is up after... I think."

Rycon took a look at the waiting room she came out of. "What is taking Geckoman so long?" she asked. Then turned around the conversation once again. "By the way KC, will Aiko be coming? I asked her to arrive when she had time."