Dead Head

"I seen most'a it" Dead Head's head said. Jack heard an odd reverb in his voice that was never there before, "gal kicked my head off, Sparky tried to Frankenstein me back, which worked 'till he blew mah head off. Kinda blacked out for a bit afterwards, next thing I know I got tentacles in my ears."

He flicked his eyes towards Wesley, "ya mind gettin' those outta there, son?"

"Hey, Sparky, you around? Y'know, if you dig graves as well as ya 'help' 'em, my work's never gonna be done -- no one'd wanna rest in 'em!" The head laughed, and the laugh echoed far more than it should based solely on the acoustics of the place.

The headless biker's body continued shambling towards the Arena, arms outstretched.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally finished with his own fight, Lukos could actually take in the other events that had been happening around him. He shook his head at the antics of the other heroes. With his mask removed, the others could see the wry smile on his face. Lukos gave a small chuckle in spite of himself, and for the most part decided not to get involved.

He took a seat on one of the benches near the rest of the competitors to catch his breath. There was no point in leaving when you had nowhere to go. With his failure and desertion here, he wouldn't be welcomed back into the pack. He didn't even dare going home to his roommates who were also wolves.

Thomas sat, thinking in silence near the rest of the gathering. There he waited for the next fight to start.

Wesley does as the talking head tells him to. It's not everyday that a talking head tells you something, but when it does you listen! "Sorry about that," he says with a hesitant chuckle, "You OK?" No sooner than Wesley asks, the body of the head starts shambling in. That is so not what he needs to see at the moment. To take his mind off the sight, he waves to the three he just met and walks towards another area in the makeshift arena. He hears a woman call his name...

Dead Head

The head, now in Dynamo's hands, pointed at its body with the only thing it could -- its tongue. Which made it look as if the head was giving Wesley a raspberry.

"Looks, I appreciate th' desire to go chat up some women-folk, an' yer attempts t' Frankenstein me back, but wouldja mind je's passin' me on? I mean, look at my poor body! Jes' look at it! All stumblin' around, no real clue where it's goin'. It's a cryin' shame, is what it is!"

The headless body continued on, stumbling here and there over bits of debris, but still headed straight for Dynamo.

Dynamo walks over and plops Dead Head right back onto his shoulders. "There we go, good as new there brosef. Think y'all got a handle on things or are ya gonna need a staple gun up in here for the time being? I ain't exactly sure how this'll work out ya know? Movies cover how to kill zombies pretty darn good, but the keeping them alive bit gets left on the cutting room floor. It's blatant racism is what that is right there."

Lukos had been given a great many things to think about. Though he still wasn't sure of how he felt about the vampire population in the city, he was definitely sure that he wouldn't stand for the betrayals of his pack any longer. Either he or Jack would have to go. But he could worry about that later.

A lot of what he thought he knew had been proven false tonight. He thought he knew who his friends were, but that was proven wrong too. He supposed he'd better start making some new ones.

"Dynamo," Lukos called out from the bench. "Are you still feeling up to catering this event? Might I be able to get a drink of some sort?"

Dead Head

As Dynamo spoke, he saw the flesh of Dead Head's neck fuse together; by the time the speedster'd finished, the Revoltin' Revenant was whole again.

"Eh, tell ya th' truth, I ain't ever figured it out, either. I jes' go with it," he said, flashing a thumbs up and a big (rictus) grin. Now when he spoke, it was in his normal slightly whispery voice, no weird echo-y reverb. "Oh, an' thanks fer tryin' t'Frankenstein me back. But if'n ya see me again like that, jes' lemme be; I'll get back up on my own, by an' by."

"Sooo," he drawled, turning his head this way and that to make sure it was on tight, "ya fancy yerself a horror movie fan, hunh? Ya seen any good'uns lately? I used t'go all the time, but lately, well-"

He paused when Lukos shouted to Dynamo, "hey, that's the guy what was fightin' Avenger, right? Shame I missed that. What's his name? I missed it, on account'a, well, y'know..."

--He didn't say,-- a light, almost ethereal voice whispered in the minds of Dead Head and Dynamo. Pushing away from the wall she was leaning against, a diminutive white haired girl with vivid green eyes approached the Revoltin' Revenant. Stopping a few feet from the pair, the teenager looked over in the direction of Lukos --His mind is... confusing.--

--Nice hair-- Sage thought to Dead Head, eyes still fixed on Lukos.

Confusing did not even begin to describe what was going on inside Lukos' head. Sage detected what was essentially two different people's thoughts. Then she realized it was more like one person and one animal. The person's thoughts were fully aware of surroundings, processed details completely, and otherwise acted normally. The animal was different, however. It seemed to see things in more of a cut and dry manner. Some things that gave the person's thoughts pause, didn't even cause the animal to break stride. It seemed to have a way of immediately filing people, objects, thoughts, everything as either threatening or not. From there it dealt with threats first, reacting with hostility and bravado. Those things it deemed non-threatening were put on the back burner, until it finally approached them in a curious, tentative fashion.

Mere seconds after Sage touched Lukos' mind with her thoughts, she felt a reaction. Lukos' unmasked head snapped towards her direction, eyes narrowing in scrutiny, and his body tensing up in its seated position ready to either fight or run at a moment's notice. She felt the echoes of the two different persona's inside him fire off two different thoughts.

What the hell?

Threat! Bite, flee, hide.

Sage was left ultimately unsure of which voice to listen to. But a further scan told her that the animal didn't like being probed. To make matters worse, the person inside this hero's body was quickly beginning to agree with it.

Kid Cthulhu decided to make his grand entrance. He was going to see how Rycon was holding up in the tournament, but various mystical mishaps (one of which involved a very angry horrible formless existence from beyond the cosmos) preventing him from showing up on time. He knew there would be other supers in there, so he decided to make an entrance. KC grinned to himself as he clicked his iPod speakers on. He took off from the top of the stadium, and gained some altitude. Once he was a fair distance above the stadium, he used his mystic fire to blast a manhole-sized hole in the roof. Grinning from ear to ear, he clicked play on his iPod. The Ride of the Valkyries blasted from the speakers, and KC swooped into the stadium. He landed on the floor, right next to Dynamo.

"S'up?"

Dynamo tossed Lukos a bottle of water withing paying him too much attention, having only flickered for a moment to grab the drink. Dynamo was far more interested in the voice in his head. Dynamo's mind felt like a good ol' pick'em up truck with a rocket strapped to the bed playing a game of Red light, Green light. "So uh, lady person? Kind of a weird question here, but are y'all up in my mind right now? Cuz' that's kinda weird, not gonna lie."

And then Cthulu broke through the ceiling. Dynamo put his arm around KC "Hey how ya doing there brosef. So listen up real quick, imma bou to lay some knowledge on ya all heavy like. See that dooflickus over there? Yeah that's what call a door. You should try them out sometime, I hear chick dig em. Where as that brosef..." said Dynamo as he pointed at the hole in the ceiling. "...is property damage. We got plenty a that already, we don't need no more capeesh?" Dynamo flickered again and the hole in the roof was repaired.

The look Sage shot in the direction of Lukos as she broke contact was one of apology. Turning her attention back to Dynamo she nodded once, inclining her head slightly. "I shouldn't have been so forward," the young telepath thought to herself, a wave of embarassment washing out from her. With a sigh, Sage adopted a questioning expression on her face and tapped the right middle and index fingers, held together while the rest of the fingers were closed, over those of her left hand which were held in a similar manner, then pointing at Dynamo.*

* = Your name?

Dynamo holds his index finger out in front of him and then disappears. He comes back a moment later carrying a copy of "Sign Language for Dummies" which he rapidly thumbs through. He then rapidly signs a rather long string of signs, his hands moving like a blur. "Heh, sorry, forgot to slow down." He builds a small table out of the rubble and places the book on it. He speaks out loud as he signs. "My name's Dynamo. You don't have to be embarrassed, it just took me by surprise is all. What's your name?"

--No need to sign, I'm not deaf, I simply can't... nevermind,-- Sage murmered in Dynamo's mind as she folded her arms across her chest, a small frown forming on her face. --I heard you before, remember? In fact I've heard you a lot this evening.-- The frown broke into a wide grin as she uncrossed her arms and held a hand out to Dynamo, --I am Sage. Do your lips get friction burn from all that yakking you do?--

The invasive sensation in his head was finally gone. Unconsciously catching the water bottle from Dynamo, Lukos absentmindedly thanked him for it. Immediately after, his entire body shook. It looked like on giant muscle spasm, but it came and went quickly. It almost reminded any onlookers of a dog attempting to shake off a fly by making one of it's muscles twitch, only it covered Lukos' entire body.

Lukos was silent for a moment after that. He simply sat and stared at the water bottle. With a quick motion, he tore the top off, and chugged down the bottle full of liquid. Placing the bottle on the bench next to him, Lukos stood, and placed his mask back on his face. He tightened the straps as he walked over to the group Dynamo was standing with. "I apologize for being rude earlier. I was... distracted," Lukos was once again speaking through the breathing apparatus of the gas mask, making his voice sound grainy. As he finished the sentence, he eyes wandered towards where Avenger had left the arena. Bringing his attention back to the group, he extended a hand in greeting to anyone who would take it. "My name is Lukos. In Latin, it means wolf." Lukos eyes lingered especially long on Sage, but he made no other motions except offering a handshake.

Jack glanced between the manic speedster and the white haired girl, only privy to one side of the conversation. "Telepath...? Pfft, careful not to get lost up there," he advised off-handedly with a glance toward Dynamo's head. Moving the stand next to Dead Head, he tilted his head as Avenger's sparring partner introduced himself. He gave the zombie a gesture noting that his question had been answered. The swashbuckler's expression settled into a mild smirk as he observed the varied group, trying to get a read on each of them in turn.

Sage grinned at Jack, a sense of amusement emnanating from her. Shifting her outstretch hand from Dynamo to Lukos, she clasped the taller males hand firmly. --Sorry about amoment ago,-- she directed at Lukos, though the thought was also broadcast to those in the immediate area, --It was only surface scanning to find your name. Anything more invasive would require physical contact. Oh, I am Sage. It is a pleasure, Lukos.--

Lukos shook Sage's hand warmly. The mental communication didn't bother him as much as the earlier probing had. In truth, it felt warm and inviting. Wolf enjoyed it, as if it were touching another member of the pack. Lukos felt a pang of regret at that.

--It was only surface scanning to find your name. Anything more invasive would require physical contact. Oh, I am Sage. It is a pleasure, Lukos.--

Lukos stiffened at that comment. He didn't withdraw his hand, but he stopped the shaking motion. "I would not recommend delving into my thoughts." Lukos warned, "There are many times that even I cannot make sense of them." Lukos hesitated slightly, finally withdrawing his hand, "Just be aware that if you do read my mind, and manage to press the wrong buttons it could be dangerous, and not just for me, but those around us as well."

Dead Head

--Nice hair-- Sage thought to Dead Head, eyes still fixed on Lukos.

... brains brains, brains brains; brains brains, brains brains; brains brains, brains brains, brains brains brains brains...

Yes, this odd being was 'singing' the Meow Mix song in its head, but with horribly different lyrics.

The Revoltin' Revenant chuckled, though anyone looking at him would have no idea why. Been ages since anyone tried talkin' in my head. An' thanks; ya don't look half bad yerself.

When Kid Cthulhu crashed in, Dead Head acted oddly again, this time as if being socked in the gut. He turned frantically this way and that, until he finally saw the Pseudonatural Superhero. An urge to toss it into the ocean welled up in him.

Who - What the heck is that? That's jes' wrong!

When Jack of all Blades walked up to him, he pointed to Kid Cthulhu. "Jack, you know anythin' about that feller there? I's gettin' a real funky vibe off'a him."

"Heh. Guess I won't be needing this." says Dynamo as he absent mindedly throws the book over his shoulder and shakes Sage's hand in one fluid motion. And if Sage thought Dynamo talked a lot before... "Nope, I'd burst into flames before I got anywhere near top speed if that were the case. I think, not too sure on how friction works. I should probably read up that huh? And it's not really gabbing so much as using an assault rifle to shoot the breeze... Stupid saying I know, but hey it works. Not sure but I figured I'd just cover my based I didn't know sign language a moment ago so when you started making all the signals I'd figured 'd try it out. I did pretty well if I must say so myself. But hey no biggie." Dynamo tilts his body over to the side so that his head is parrell to the ground and hits his head like he's trying to get water out of his ear. Standing up to his full height he continues. "There we go, all gone. Can't sign no more. Well tht's not true, I know a few signs, but I ain't in a rap video and there's kids about so I shouldn't be doing any of right?"

Dynamo changed his attention to Lukos. "So brosef, I gots two questions that are all important like so stays with me for a moment here alright. Okay, firsties, I gots to know what that whole *BZZZRRTT* thing was there." Dynamo punctuates the question by vibrating himself a high speed so it looks like Dynamo's at the end of a kaleidoscope. "And second like, why possessed you inta thinking that putting that dooflickus on yer face was a good idea? Srsly man, I feel like you're about to tell me who my father was."

"And don't worry there broheem..." said Dynamo to Jack. "Ain't nobody getting lost up here. Trust me. I count it a good day when no tumble weeds come on outta my ears."

And then Cthulu broke through the ceiling. Dynamo put his arm around KC "Hey how ya doing there brosef. So listen up real quick, imma bou to lay some knowledge on ya all heavy like. See that dooflickus over there? Yeah that's what call a door. You should try them out sometime, I hear chick dig em. Where as that brosef..." said Dynamo as he pointed at the hole in the ceiling. "...is property damage. We got plenty a that already, we don't need no more capeesh?" Dynamo flickered again and the hole in the roof was repaired.

KC was able to blink once as the words spewed out of the maniac speedster's mouth. He saw a vague blur go towards the roof, and it was fixed.

"Wow, you're fast. Real hit with the ladies, aren't you?"

Dead Head

When Kid Cthulhu crashed in, Dead Head acted oddly again, this time as if being socked in the gut. He turned frantically this way and that, until he finally saw the Pseudonatural Superhero. An urge to toss it into the ocean welled up in him.

Who - What the heck is that? That's jes' wrong!

When Jack of all Blades walked up to him, he pointed to Kid Cthulhu. "Jack, you know anythin' about that feller there? I's gettin' a real funky vibe off'a him."

KC stood proudly before the living dead. He had seen worse, and recently. "Science would say you're wrong too, but I'm not complaining. Put 'er there. My name's Kid Cthulhu." KC extended a squiddy hand to the Revoltin' Revenant. KC got a similar vibe from Dead Head, although he wasn't as vocal about it. Something about him was off...

Dynamo changed his attention to Lukos. "So brosef, I gots two questions that are all important like so stays with me for a moment here alright. Okay, firsties, I gots to know what that whole *BZZZRRTT* thing was there." Dynamo punctuates the question by vibrating himself a high speed so it looks like Dynamo's at the end of a kaleidoscope. "And second like, why possessed you inta thinking that putting that dooflickus on yer face was a good idea? Srsly man, I feel like you're about to tell me who my father was."

Lukos' masked face turned towards Dynamo. Then his head tilted slightly to the right. Dynamo got the sense that if he could see the man's face, his expression would be wondering why Dynamo had grown a second thread. In truth, it took Lukos a few seconds to register exactly what it is that Dynamo was talking about. Then he remembered, and gave a slow nod in recollection. The motion had been involuntary, it was no wonder he had almost not noticed it. "Put simply, Sage had made a quick scan of my thoughts. You might say the sensation made my skin crawl."

In reality, the involuntary shudder had been all he was able to do to keep Wolf from forcing him to find a couch to go gnaw on.

"As for the mask," Lukos shrugged, "It seemed as good a way as any to disguise myself. I don't have the time or money to put into making a fancy suit, you see."

Lukos focused his attention on Kid Cthulhu briefly. A quick scan of the scents surrounding the teen hero told him volumes. "Regardless of weird vibes, at least he is a living creature." he told Dead Head. "I mean no offense, but my natural inclination is to keep my distance from you. And from Avenger." He added the second as an afterthought, "You do smell a bit slimy, though." He told Kid Cthulhu, trying to think of a way to describe the sensation. Much of the time, he knew exactly how things smelled, his problem was translating it for others. "Again, no offense, but you're coming off like a can of sardines or something." The masked man offered his hand. "Lukos. Good to meet you."

Dead Head

"Science, schmience," the Revoltin' Revenant said as he made a dismissive wave towards Kid Cthulhu. "I-" He looked down at the at the pseudonatural superhero's offered hand, and just stared at it for a moment.

Why is that guy makin' me feel so weirded out?! I feel like I either wanna run or bash his head in! Maybe that gal beat me worse than I thought.

He then turned to Lukos, and his rictus grin grew wider. "Hey, I can understand not wantin' t'hang out with Avenger there, but me? I'm a fun guy! I'm great at parties, got a million tricks I can do!"

Dead Head

He then turned to Lukos, and his rictus grin grew wider. "Hey, I can understand not wantin' t'hang out with Avenger there, but me? I'm a fun guy! I'm great at parties, got a million tricks I can do!"

Lukos folded his arms in front of him. He wasn't judging, the zombie, merely regarding him with scrutiny. "Be that as it may, There is still a very instinctual part of me that wants nothing more than to put distance between us. Or kill you. Again."