Ain't Noise Pollution (IC)

"Nice." Warren said with a smile as he finished playing. "Actually, I don't play in the clubs, thought I have been in a few bands here and there. Problem is they fall apart after a few months for some reason or another. I'm usually the sound tech." He said as he switched his guitar off and propped it on a stand. "Helped maintain some of the best sound systems in the city. Even made a few tweaks here and there. Then there was that underage problem and now I'm out of quite a few side jobs." He finished off with a frown. "But enough about me, what about you? You do anything at the clubs?"

"Well, I DJ, naturally." Eddie shook the iPod in the air. "But that's not my real passion. Singing is where its at." Eddie put out another one of his trademark, charming smiles. But it faded a second later. "I mean, I have a band, and I'm hoping to put together an album by the end of the summer, but things are going slowly..."

Eddie glance around the room briefly. "So who's going to ask it? You or me?"

"Well, you are a walking subwoofer, I would guess that saves time lugging around equipment." Warren said with a pretty relaxed smile.

Then the subject went towards Bands. He crossed his arms as he contemplated that for a moment. "Hm...Well, I might as well ask two questions." Warren said as he leaned back and studied Eddie. "One: What kind of music your playing? Two: You need someone on lead guitar?" Wouldn't be that hard to answer.

"I really wouldn't hesitate playing any kind of music. Except country, of course. But our recent trends have been towards things like hard rock and metal." Eddie explained. He gestured towards Warren offhandedly. "Should be right down your alley actually."

Eddie leaned against the desk once more, crossing his arms again. "Problem is, we've got a lead. Zoe. But James has always been pretty unenthusiastic. And what with his recent trend of ditching practice to police the border between dimensions," Eddie shrugged, "I've been thinking of trying to find a replacement for him anyway." Eddie smiled sheepishly, not wanting to offend, "My question was going to be: Would you be opposed to playing rhythm?"

Warren nodded as he listened to Eddie talk. Ht needed as much info as he could before he could make a choice. "I dunno...I've been playing lead most of my time so its gonna take some time to adjust." Warren said. "...Tell you what. I'll check things out, meet the others and see how that works out. I don't wanna impose on you or the band if it fails to work out. I don't want to leave you with nothing but a few angery ex-members and a broken drum kit." For him, it was better to play the cautious route instead of agreeing without seeing how things worked.

Eddie nodded agreeably. "Fair enough. I can respect that. I really don't know how it's going to work out. We may still end up with two leads. Bang Camaro does it." Eddie shrugged at his own justification. "The good thing is that your not opposed outright to that possibility. I like that." Eddie extended his hand to shake for the verbal agreement.

"Tell you what. Why don't you give me your number, and I'll call you up after I set up a few things." Eddie smiled, this was going pretty well. "Or if you want to take some of those modifications out for a spin, we could always sneak out after dark sometime." Eddie pointed to the guitar as he made this last suggestion.

Warren nodded as he rummaged through a pile of books and ripped a blank piece of paper from a blank textbook. "Well, I haven't done too much field testing, still making adjustments here and there and seeing what the end result is. But sure, the last one sounds good man." He looked around again and grabbed a pen from his desk and quickly scribbled down his number. "Heres my number anyway if you need to call me sometime." He finished, holding it out for Eddie.

"Thanks, man." Eddie responded, taking the paper. He pulled out a cell phone which was surprisingly not an iPhone and typed the number in. "I'll call you in a few minutes just so you've got mine." Eddie smiled, and closed the phone.

"So yea, I'll keep you posted and stuff." Eddie began to back out of the room. "But for now, I've got some stuff to take care of. Working on a new mix and all. I'll catch you later, Warren!" Eddie gave one last wave as he ducked out into the hall. His head appeared a moment later, "You want this shut?" A nod from Warren gave the affirmative, and the two parted ways.

I can already tell that this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. Eddie thought to himself as he returned to the room. A few moments later, Warren's phone lit up. A new text message from an unknown number simply read: "Eddie Ozan".