The One Where They Fight The Nazis (IC)

What the? Giant flying burning cross. Who the hell would-oh who am I kidding, of course I know who. Rift shook his head at the idiocy of the KKK villains and continued to play, guiding the gondola to a landing spot. He could faintly see Kid Cthulhu going in, but his attention was focused on the soundwaves he was using. "Good enough to land?!" He shouted to the passangeres. He didn't know how long he could keep his sonic manipulations up.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rycon looked at the ground below them, it seemed like a good spot, though it was rather hard to judge from inside. "I'd say that's good!" she cried out to the guitar-wielding man, "How about assisting us with first-aid now?" Rycon herself was about to head back to help when she turned around to see her friend back on the ship, burned thanks to the White Knight, but was fine in all other regards.

"B-Bl..." Hesitant to sprout out KC's real name, Rycon put down her first aid box to hug the squid hero. "Were all fine," she began, her breaths in between sentences were larger than normal. "But... I apologize for making you go out there. I..." She paused before letting go and (trying to be calm) saying, "We.. need to apply first aid to these officers first." and going back to helping the others with their wounds. She still talked as if she was worried or frightened.

"Were all fine," she began, her breaths in between sentences were larger than normal. "But... I apologize for making you go out there. I..." She paused before letting go and (trying to be calm) saying, "We.. need to apply first aid to these officers first." and going back to helping the others with their wounds. She still talked as if she was worried or frightened.

KC was taken aback by her hug. He closed his eyes, and wrapped his arms around her waist, too. "Good plan. The only problem is, I don't know first aid, so I think it would be best if you took care of that." He cleared his throat. As much as he enjoyed spending time with her, they had work to do. "Do you want me to take a few people to ground level?"

Rycon made one last turn back to KC. "Good idea-" and then cut off by her cousin. "We can't just bring the wounded down, whether we tended them or not!" Danielle's commanding voice boomed throughout the blimp, despite that she herself was wounded. Rycon started arguing, "Even so, wouldn't it be a little easier for-"

Once again the older cousin took control, "NO." She said in a loud, deadpan-ish voice. She made a turn to the squid. "Scout out the area we will descend in. The last thing needed is another trap." Rycon rolled her eyes in frustration, figuring that Danielle just said that to keep Blake with something to do. "We're almost done with the wounded. How's our altitude?" Rycon cried out to the bow.

As the gondola neared the ground, Fulcrum caught up with a hog-tied White Knight over one shoulder. The battered airship ran in parallel, and Fulcrum gazed inside, "Looks good. How is everyone?"

Altogether her wounds weren't that severe, especially compared to the rather savage fight. She sounded a too nasally from the busted nose, and thick blood slowly dried on her face. Seeing that, in general, everyone was in pretty good shape, she smiled and dumped White Knight unceremoniously, if gently enough not to rock the boat too much, into the gondola.

"I take it his accomplices escaped in that weird ship?" she began seriously, before floating over and gently patting Kid Cthulhu on the shoulder, "That was very brave of you back there, Kid Cthulhu. You were lucky he didn't make fried calamari. But you also turned the fight in our favor. Thank you." She offered him a handshake.

Seeing the ground approaching, "Great work everyone!'

KC looked up at Fulcrum and smiled proudly. He shook her hand. "Thanks very much, Fulcrum. I was kind of looking forward to a fight with him."

When he brought his arm up to shake her hand, he winced visibly. The burns would take some serious ointment, but he was counting his lucky stars that he was not barbecued as well. That was a lucky shot, but he got lucky sometimes.

"So who's hungry? Burgers are on me."

Eventually the young heroes put the gondola down and rescued the hostages inside, just as ground-bound police and other emergency personnel arrived to take away the wounded. White Knight had quite a few things to say about Fulcrum and Kid Cthulu's parentage when he woke up, but fortunately the power-nullifier the police had brought happily fitted over his mouth. Reporters were starting to arrive now, with many questions for the young heroes. Fulcrum, as the biggest and most photogenic, got the most attention. "Fulcrum! Are these new members of the Interceptors? Is your team expanding its roster?"

Fulcrum had a satisfied smile on her face throughout the exercise. To be honest the whole process was becoming second nature. She waved to White Knight as he was hauled away, only infuriating the fiery racist villain even further. The most difficult part, as far as she was concerned, arrived with cameras in tow.

Realizing her face was still bloody, she turned to the heroes just before the first questions, "Now comes the interesting part. Just smile and be cool," she advised, the drying blood seeping back into her nose and bones resetting themselves with a crack. "Just remember you're the heroes of the day."

Motioning to the young heroes, she addressed the reporters, "No, not at the moment, although we have considered expanding the roster in the near future. These brave heroes are all independents who were courageous enough to respond the needs of our hardworking FCPD officers. I owe each of them a debt of gratitude in this trying battle."

The giantess stood to full height and introduced each hero with a hand on a shoulder, "Ladies and gentlemen of Freedom City, may I introduce Rycon, Kid Cthulhu and...," she trailed off, looking to Rift.

By this time Sage was watching quietly from her hiding place. After setting the gondola doewn she found it was realatively simple to slip away quietly. She smiled at she watched Fulcrum and the others, but she didn't want to appear in the news, she was afraid someone might recognize her. --Merci-- she thought to Fulcrum. --It was a pleasure.--

"I'll keep that in mind." Rift replied to fulcrum with a smile just as the media were about hit them with questions. It was pretty surreal from his point of view, he never really expected this sort of fame from doing something beyond playing music. Even then he never expected to hit it that big. Well, learning experience for me then. The Teen though as he kept his arms crossed and tried to stay calm.

"Rift." He said as soon as Fulcrum was about to introduce him. He made a note to make sure introductions got out of the way quickly before villains started taking police hostage next time.

Rycon looked at the media. She was not expecting such a large group to interview with. She whispered to KC beside her, "How often does the media come around like this for you?" Following Fulcrum's advice, Rycon made a smile, one bigger than her usual ones. She felt satisfied that she was able to help the people who were in need.

A quick glimpse to her left made Rycon view Danielle, who was moving to a hospital to correctly tend her wounds. Before Danielle hopped into the police car, Rycon saw her cousin give her a smile and a thumbs up. She did good, that was what her cousin was telling the superhero. Rycon had never felt so pleased with herself as she did now.

"Kind of a lot. Oh, by the way, want to go out with me?" There was no better time than then. The other heroes wouldn't be able to hear him over the din of the media folk. To be honest, this was really the first thing KC was nervous about. As outgoing as he generally was, he wasn't about to ask her loud enough for the media to hear. He was certain that it would be all over the internet, and they wouldn't be able to have a moment alone on their date.

It wasn't a question Rycon expected. She had only known KC for a month, a date now seemed too early for such a thing. Yet she has heard that dates don't have to be romantic, they can be a simple trip to an area. Rycon, hoping that KC isn't thinking too far ahead in their relationship, responded quietly. "O-Okay. Let's discuss the details a little later."

Letting the subject drop for now, Rycon walked forward a bit, rather nervous about being on camera. She hid it with a smile as she stood beside Fulcrum, just a couple steps back. She never wished that she would be on camera, but she will have to live with it. After all, it came with the superhero job.