Some Tropes associated with Rift

Alliterative Name: (Warren Wilder)

Badass Longcoat

Batman Gambit (Doesn't quite have the skills needed to pull off a full on Xanatos Gambit yet)

Civvie Spandex (Other than the coat and mask, most of Rifts clothing is this)

Deadpan Snarker: (happens a lot when annoyed)

Domino Mask

Epic Rocking (LOVES to do this)

In a Five man band Rift is either The Lancer or The Smart Guy.

Gadgeteer Genius (Rift does have a natural talent for technology, as shown with his guitar.)

Kid Hero (Which is connected to Wake Up Go To School Save The World)

Makes Me Wanna Shout (This is Rifts power, though he can do it with any source of sound.)

Musical Assassin: (His preferred method of attack with his sonic abilities is his guitar. Crosses with The Power of Rock)

Required Secondary Powers (His ability to control sound allows him to subconscious filter sound to stop himself from going deaf. Useful when you have super hearing.)

Scientific Progress Goes Oi (Likely what will happen once he is out of school)

Super senses (Has hearing so good it doubles as sonar!)

Teen Genius (Though he currently can't compete through Raw intelligence with most of the others that fall under this trope right now)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Among the scribbles of Projects, music notes and random song lyrics, the Journal of the Guitar Genius Warren Wilder himself contains actual writing about his life!

Saturday. 28th of August

Well, now that the madness of that Antarctica trip is over I can finally relax. I mean, I didn't quiet expect to come face to face with heavy hitters like Superior or that cheap knock of Alpha-Centurion (I should have had a closer look at those cybernetics he had. Might have proven useful at some point in the future or something)

Anyway, managed to get a closer look at a few of those Spider robots I drag off back to the academy (the rest were dragged off to Archetech for study, along with Talos) Had to make sure any tracking methods were stopped unless the school got attacked by Talos. Summer would probably want my head for that. (dear god he creeps me out, and I hang around with Trevor), Managed to pry open one of them and found something a bit weird. At the time, I thought it was its cybernetic brain. But after some some study, and managing to find a power source I discovered that it was a miniature factory. It produces both the "Brain" and the power cells needed for them to operate using raw materials located "in the field." With some tweaking, I should be able to construct some finer electronic components without the same amount of trouble as before.

Not sleeping as good anymore. After KC showed me his new pet and made it do...Tricks, I just can't the image out of my head when I sleep. (THINGS SHOULD NOT TWIST AND TWITCH LIKE THAT!) But thems the breaks when you Room with someone who called themselves Kid Cthulhu. KC is a good man when he is not pulling that Elder God stuff around. Though when he does, I think theres something of a personality shift there. (Should look into this) Starting to wonder if he's really a space alien instead of a guy who can change into one. Would explain a lot.

Better leave it at that for now. Need to go check up on Eddie. Guys been a little less bright and excited since that break up.

And to anyone reading this: KC will show you his pet sloggoth's "tricks" and you will never unsee it! Ever!

• 1 month later...

Introduction

Who are you? Sum yourself up in one sentence.

Names Rift, possibly the only Heavy Metal Guitarist in the world that knows how to hook up an Anti-Mass Spectrometer without shattering dimensions in the process.

Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or nom de plume?

Either my name or Rift. Either one really.

What is your full birth name?

Warren Richard Wilder

Where do you live?

Freedom city. Either at Southside or at the Claremont Dorms

How old are you? What year were you born (if applicable)?

January the 5th, 1993. so 17

Physical Traits

What is your gender? If not applicable, please explain.

Following basic biology, I'd say...Dude.

How would you describe your heritage?

American...What? You were expecting a very detailed report of my ancestry?

How tall are you?

'bout six foot two

What is your body type?

Slim 'n tall. Nothing spectacular.

Do you have any particular weaknesses, such as allergies or physical disabilities?

Nothing that comes to mind. Some mild indigestion from eggs, but thats all

How do you carry yourself? Are you graceful, or heavy on your feet? Can you be stealthy, do you walk with confidence?

"Your telling me posture is part of this Q and A? Fine, I stand straight and keep myself alert when walking like normal. A little slouched when I have my guitar out. It does weigh a little more than your average instrument after all.

Describe your skin, eye, and hair color.

White, brown, black.

How do you wear your hair, if applicable? Do you have facial hair?

Hair is short. Would grow a goatee if it wasn't for the evil factor that hangs around them.

Do you consider yourself attractive? Do others?

Not especially attractive. Hell, I think I'm downright ugly with most of these Claremont guys running around me.

Do you have any scars, tattoos, piercings, or birthmarks?

None. Tattoo wouldn't be a bad idea though...

Do you resemble anyone famous?

Generic Male extra number 3? Honestly I do not know

Do you have a dominant hand?

Right hand

What kind of clothing do you wear?

Jeans and a Band tee when off duty. Kick ass Duster and a mask when its time to take names.

Do you wear makeup?

Uhhhh...I don't do the KISS thing man.

What is your vocal range? Is your voice distinctive in some way?

Funny thing about being able to control sound with just your mind. Your vocal range completely varies. Hell, I could probably pull of Tenor and Baritone at the same time. How many people do you know who can do that?

Do you have any distinctive habits, nervous tics, or mannerisms? Where did they come from, and what causes them? Do other people notice and remark on these habits? Do they annoy you or other people?

For some weird reason, I cannot pronounce Riff without making it sound awkward or forced. I mostly end up pronouncing it as Rift. I think Eddie is catching onto this little fact.

History

Where do you come from?

Freedom city, New Jersey, America, Earth Prime. Enough Info for you?

Have you made any major moves, or do you live in your hometown?

No, lived here my how life.

Do you feel loyal to your country of citizenship? Do you consider yourself patriotic? How do you feel about the government of your country?

"To give you a condensed version, I don't hate my country in any way, but I'm nowhere near a Patriot as a few heroes before me are.

How do you feel about the place you come from?

Number one city to come to for the latest in science and technology. Also the superheroes are pretty sweet.

Where is your home town? What was/is it like?

Errr...you have been paying attention right?

Growing up, were most of the people you knew similar to you, or were you somehow a minority? How did that affect you?

You mean White, just below middle class and barely skating over the poverty line? Yeah, there were a few like me.

Is there something you've always been really good at or really bad at? How has that affected your life?

one of the best musicians in the world. Not one of the most athletic people in the world though...

Were there any traumatic experiences in your early years (death of a family member, abandonment, orphaned at an early age)?

"Nothing that far in the past...Did lose my best friend though...That was one bad week for me....

Briefly describe a defining moment in your childhood and how it influenced your life.

"Finding my dads CD collection. Changed my life from that moment on.

What stupid things did you do when you were younger?

"I'm still young and I'm still looking for that stupid thing I've done. I used to lead one hell of a dull life after all."

Where did you go to school? How much school did you have, and did you enjoy it?

Still going to school. So far its been fun. Dangerous times were I could have been killed aside...

Do you have any mementos of your childhood? What are they, and why did you keep them? If you have none, why not?

This guitar right here. Had it for some time. Been modified since then but its still the same one.

When did you decide to become a hero? Why? Did anyone influence you one way or another in the decision?

"Well, if I was going to say taht with logic it would be because anyone with powers somehow gets wrapped up in the fight between good and evil and lets face it I'm not Evil. Real reason? I just want to help people. Besides, being a superhero is awesome.

Is the reason you give people for becoming a hero different than your real reason? If so, why?

"It varies from what first comes into my head at the time. All the reasons I give are true to some degree."

Do you have any deep, dark secrets in the past that may come back to haunt you?

"I am an alien hell bent on enslaving humanity with mind controlling bananas...Naa, I'm screwing with ya! I don't actually have any that come to mind.

Do you represent yourself as being different from who you really are? Why?

Bit more prone to Sarcasm as Rift. Hell, I'm doing it more than I used to since that secrets been out..

If you do have these secrets, what do you fear would happen if the truth became known? How far would you go to protect those secrets?

"Like I said, I don't have any real secrets. Perhaps my rendition of Hanger 18 damaged your hearing."

Do you have any sort of criminal record? If so, is it public knowledge?

Permanent Record is a clean slate.

Family

What are your biological parents' names?

Brian and Elizabeth Wilder

Were you raised by them? If not, please explain and describe who raised you.

"Born and Raised by them. Sad to say, I am not one of those heroes whos parents death motivated them towards crime fighting. Something I am quite thankful for.

What was their standing in the community? What did/do they do for a living?

Dads an electrician and moms a temp.

Where are your parents now?

Still over in Southside. Dads staying at the hospital a lot more though.

Did your family stay in one area or move around a lot?

Most of my history would indicate that I never moved anywhere."

How did you get along with their parents? How do you get along with them now (if applicable).

Pretty good. Though moms constantly worried about me. Can't blame her with some of the stuff I get up to.

How do your parents view you now, or how would they?

Pretty proud of me so far.

Do you have any siblings? If so how many and what are their names? Describe your relationship with them.

Only child

What was your birth order in the family?

Hm, I wonder what it could be...

Where are your siblings now (if applicable)? Do they have families of their own? What do they do?

I'm asking that same question right now.

Do you stay in touch with them or have you become estranged?

With you pushing that question, I'm starting to think they have been estranged for my whole life. Non-existence is a harsh thing apparently...

Do you love or hate one member of the family in particular?

You are suppose to love or hate one part of your family over the other? Why wasn't I told this?

Is any member of the family special to you in any way (perhaps, as a confidant, mentor, or arch-rival)?

"As much as I love them, none of them fall under any examples you have given me."

Are there any black (or white) sheep in the family (including you)? If so, please explain.

No one really sticks out. I think I had a great-Great grandfather that went crazy not long after my Great Grandfather was born. Don't know much about that.

Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor? If so, please explain, including how it has affected your life.

If I do, my parents are pretty quiet about him or her

Do you have a partner and children currently? If so, please describe them.

Dude, 17. I have barely begun life as an adult.

If you do not have a partner or children, do you want them someday? How firm are you in your opinion on this, and what might change your mind?

Maybe. But with being a superhero whose identity is public knowledge, I don't think I can handle it well if anything bad happened to any kids I might have on my account.

What type of person would be your ideal mate?

"Smart, good looking and able to take me down a peg or two before my ego takes over the world. Having all three might be love at first sight, but that doesn't really exist...Right?

Relationships

Do you have any close friends? If so, please describe them, and how you came to be close to them.

Tomas comes to mind. Rest in Peace man.... I think the only people that come close are Blake, Eddie, The rest of Young Freedom and Octopus Dropkick.

Do you have a best friend? If so, how did they become your best friend? How close are you to your best friend?

"I had Tomas until that crash. And I already pointed out the people on top so you can stop asking me this."

If you were to go missing, who would worry about you?

"Those that I just mentioned.

Have you lost any loves? If so, how did it happen, and what did you do?

"Haven't lost any loves. Though with that description, your being both pretty narrow and a bit too wide to answer properly dude."

Do you have any bitter enemies? If so, please describe them and their history with you.

The Maestro hates my guts. Never understood fully why he hates modern music. Most of it has its roots in classical. Hell, Mozart was concidered the pop music of his time (Or was that Beethoven? Urg.) Could understand his hate for Rap and generic pop music though.

If you have enemies, how do you think they might attempt to work against you in the future?

In your typical supervillain fashion of going after friends and family to destroy me emotionally before going after me.

What is the worst thing someone has done to you?

the worse is beating me up. I haven't really had much bad done to me compared to others. Thats bound to change eventually though."

Where do your loyalties lie? In what order?

Tie between the band, Young Freedom and my family.

Who or what do you trust the most? Why?

"Anyone that I call a friend. I mean, they are your friends, its suppose to work like that right?"

Who or what do you despise? Why?

Rap music. I mean, sure some of the older stuff at least had variety. But now its all how I have more money that you or I sleep with more women than you ever will in a life time and other junk like that. I mean, how the hell am I suppose to relate to that?

What qualities do you admire most in other people? Are these qualities you possess?

"Honesty and being able to point out their own flaws. Sometimes you just have to point out the giant mutant elephant in the room everyone keeps ignoring. Something I try to do when it gets so large that you just have to say it."

What qualities do you hate most in other people? Do you have any of those qualities?

The opposite of what I like in others. Lying doesn't get you very far. Well, it might but it will come to bite you in the ass at some point."

Do you have a secret identity? If so, who knows it? Do you hide it from people who are close to you? Why?

I did, then there was that attack by The Maestro and The Green Man. Now the Warren is Rift thing is pretty much common knowledge if you pay attention to that sort of stuff.

Do you work well on teams and in groups? Are you a leader or a follower?

"I do fine. Usually play Support and logistics, but eventually turn into the "Blast that villain!" guy who hangs out in back."

Are you on a super team? If so, how do you get along with your comrades? Do you trust them, or do you have secrets from them?

New guy on Young Freedom. I'm still trying to fit in but so far things seem to be going well. like I keep saying, my life is practically an open book. You are so great at paying attention to facts like that arn't you?"

Are you a member of any church, fraternal organization, club, committee, political party, or other group? How much time do you spend on that?

I am in a band with Eddie Called Octopus Dropkick. Think that fits close to what you are asking.

Personality & Beliefs

Who are your heroes?

I'll admit it, I'm a Daedalus fanboy. Theres also a very, very, very long list of musicians but I don't think everyone wants to hear them all.

Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances?

Sometimes. But they often have some way of making a comeback.

Do you like being a hero? If so, what is the most rewarding part? If not, what makes you keep doing it?

Is there anything that would make you give up hero work, or even switch sides?

I dunno. If it gets in the way of living life I might. As for going evil? Hell no!

What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?

"Get some cash and keep my family out of the gutter. Maybe get a girlfriend."

What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?

"Greatest Musician that ever lived. Thats the main goal of life for me."

What is your greatest fear? Why? What do you do when something triggers this fear?

For some reason, being in a world devoid of sound. I mean, sound is life. Its that thing that lets you know that things happen, that cause and effect is real. To be robbed of that forever is the worse thing you can inflict on a person just short of death.

Is there anything you would give you life for?

At this moment? I don't know.

How do you feel about money and material wealth? Do you desire it or disdain it? Are you miserly with what you have, or do you like to share? Is it a mark of success, or a means to an end?

Would like to be rich, but for some reason that just seems kinda unattainable for me. Unless Eddie can get us signed up or something.

How do you generally treat others?

With kindness or Snark.

Are you a trusting person? Has your trust ever been abused?

I do trust, so long as I have a reason to believe you to be trustworthy.

Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)? Do you have a lot of self-confidence?

"Is there a middle ground between those two? I think I'm open half the time and the other I feel like I just want to be left alone. And if I was lacking in confidence, I wouldn't be willing to stand in front of a crowd to play this thing right here. *Points to guitar*

How do you act around attractive, available members of your preferred sex?

"Either A) lot more sardonic wit to keep me safe or B) Bumble like an idiot and just make some random technobabble excuses to get away before I'm pegged for an idiot. Girls really have a strange effect on me."

What are your most annoying habits?

I sometimes screw around with sound, even when I'm not aware of it. Getting better at that part though.

Do you feel contempt for any general category of people? Who are they, and why?

"I dislike things, but Hatred isn't something that comes to me."

What is your favorite food? Do you prefer any particular type of food? Do you take the time to enjoy your food, or do you eat as fast as you can?

Pizza. Worlds greatest food ever. Anything you want, you just put it on pizza and you are ready to go.

What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)?

Coffee. Usually black and swimming with sugar.

What is your favorite treat (dessert)?

Cake. When its not a lie.

Are there any specific foodstuffs that you find disgusting or refuse to eat?

"Onions. Just onions.

What is your favorite color? Are there any colors you dislike?

Blue I like. White not so much. Stains show up too easily.

What sort of music do you like? Is there any that you hate?

Metal all the way. All forms. Not big on rap or pop music.

If you have a favorite scent, what is it?

"Not sure...I have favorite sounds. But if you want scents....Hm. Well, fresh pancakes smell pretty good.

Do you have a favorite animal?

Bats. They're just freaking cool! Juuust so long as you keep them away from Ozzy

What is your most treasured possession? Why?

"My guitar."

Do you enjoy "roughing it", or do you prefer your creature comforts?

"Man of the modern age. I like the little comforts of life.

Is there a job or a task you would absolutely refuse to do?

Hitman and therapist.

Do you consider yourself a spiritual person? If so, how do your beliefs affect your life?How important is it to you?

Not exactly what you would call a religeous man. I've become somewhat agnostic since meeting Blake. I mean, science can't explain half the things he does!

Was your faith influenced or molded by anyone special?

I'll say it right now. Your ability to generate questions is pretty sub par

If you belong to a religious organization, how often do you attend? Do you have a specific place of worship, or friends within the organization? How much do you agree with the beliefs of your organization?

"I'm Catholic. Not that much of a worshiper though.

Could you kill? Have you killed?

No I have not. I don't think I ever could kill someone unless they found a way ro make so angry enough to feel like they just opened all the circles of hell on themselves.

What circumstances led to you forming that conviction, or taking that action?

I..." *points up to the last question*

Are there circumstances under which you believe it is permissible to kill? What are they?

"I don't know. I don't think its right right to kill anyone, even if they so happen to be the Scum of the Earth.

How would you react to watching someone kill another person? Would your reaction be different if the killer was a friend or an enemy of yours?

"Shocked mostly, but I would bring them in. Even if they were a friend of mine, you just don't do that sort of thing unless there was a very, very, very dammed good reason why."

How would you react if something important was stolen from you?

"I'd get it back. Simple"

How would you react to public humiliation?

"With silent resolve....Actually, probably with embarrassment

How would you react if a good friend or relative were purposely or accidentally killed? Has it happened to you?

This is a question I really do NOT want to answer. Its shown up enough. Just drop it.

What do you consider to be the worst crime someone could commit and why?

"Genocide is high on the list. Unnecessary censorship as well. First Amendment supporter."

If your life were to end in 24 hours, what five things would you do in those remaining hours?

"Lets see..Would depend on whats going to be my cause of death, but I'll assume super virus targeted to my DNA for this.I'd Say my good byes. Get my things in order, wills and whatnot. Go one a quick tour of the world to see the sights (Guitar is faster than most other forms of travel) Eat something fancy and finally find the greatest view in the world where others can clearly see me and use that spot to play until my final minutes are up.

Career & Training

Do you have any special training in your hero skills? If so, where and how did you get it?

Claremont is giving me most of my training.

Who taught you the most about your heroing abilities? What was your relationship with that person?

"Mostly personal practice and a knack for building stuff. Don't have much in the way of mentorship going on"

Do you have any particularly unusual skills? How did you acquire them?

I'm almost up to par with some of the tech geniuses that can build anti-matter charges. Almost anyway. No one really knows how I can. Think it might have something to do with the way my brain is wired. Who knows...

Do you do something besides hero work for a living? Have you ever done anything else, or do you plan to?

Sound tech for most of the clubs across Freedom.

What is your preferred combat style?

Rocking out while they get pummeled with the sheer awesome of METAL :rock:

Have you ever received any awards or honours?

"Octopus Dropkick won the battle of the bands once. Consider that an achievement."

What skill areas would you like most to improve in? Is there anything you can't do that you wish desperately you could?

"There is plenty I can do and plenty I can't do. I can't master every last thing on the planet, hell I don't think I will even if I reach the tender age of 100. I just improve what I'm good at while Expanding on what I can do. Don't want to be a master of none or a master of one."

How do you act around people who are more skilled than you in areas you'd like to improve? Are you jealous, or do you try and learn?

"Whining gets you nowhere. Sit back and learn from the masters, thats what I say and do."

Lifestyle & Hobbies

What is a normal day for you? How do you feel when something interrupts this routine?

Used to be Wake up, go to school, go to work, g home, fall asleep and repeat. With how things are now, I really don't have a typical day anymore."

Do you have any hobbies, or interests outside hero work? What are they, and where did you pick them up?

"Tinkering with spare parts and practicing guitar are what I usually do. Theres also comic books, TV, internet and a long list of other distractions from regular hero work."

What do you do for fun?

"Rock out. I do that while doing the Superhero thing as well. Pretty happy with that arrangement."

Do you have a costume? What does it look like?

"Blue Domino mask, Duster with a kick ass cracked glass patter along the sleeves and the bottom. Also added some fingerless gloths to the package.

How do you normally dress when not in costume?

"My costume is thrown on top of what I was wearing before getting ready."

What do you wear to bed most nights?

"Your suppose to wear something different for sleeping?"

Do you wear any special jewelry? What is it, and what does it look like?

"Nothing."

Do you have a special place where you keep your valuables?

"I dunno. Most of whatever important is in the hidden compartment of my guitar case or in my room somewhere.

What's your preferred means of local travel? How about long distance?

By guitar....What? For me thats a perfectly viable means of travel.

Miscellaneous

Have you ever made a will, or tried to make arrangements for your death? What provisions did you make?

I haven't thought that far a head actually. I really should get working on that once all of this is done."

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?

Dental records, DNA samples, Brain scans of my unique neural structure. List goes on.

What would you like to be remembered for after your death?

Protector of people and one hell of a kick ass guitarist.

Do you believe you pose a threat to the public? Why or why not?

"I am more than aware of the implications of me being mind controlled or cloned by some idiot. The effects of sonic desonance can lead to several things including the citywide collapse of infrastructure to sever brain and ear damage, Good thing I haven't got plans on doing that anytime soon."

What do you perceive as your greatest strength?

"My brains."

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?

"not the strongest out there. If I lost my powers or any Tech, I am gonna go down like a chump."

As a player, if you could, what advice would you give your character? Speak as if he/she were sitting right here in front of you. Use proper tone so they might heed your advice... You really should talk to people more man. Can't let music and science be the only things in the world that define you.

• 3 months later...

Written within the jumbled mess of Warrens notebook, The guitar genius reveals more of his life.

January 23rd, 2011

Well, craziness of touring and school is letting up a little. Doc and Miss Americana have been a real big help in making sure that mini-Kajia bat continues to live. He seems to like me for a reason. Dunno why, I'm not an expert in animal psychology (Or giant monster psychology for that matter). I'm thinking of calling him Ozzy .Yes, I know the joke. No need to point it out.

It's amazing I haven't collapsed from exhaustion yet. School, doing the Superhero thing, Archtech Internship, Band practice and a freakin' tour. Man, it's no wonder I have no social life beyond the band and Doc. Hurts dating prospects as well. Most of the girls around Claremont are either taken, not interested, hazardous to my health or swing for the other team. Its more frustrating that repairing a faulty Sound-Rift generator while making sure the school lab doesn't blow up! (again). Considered asking out one of the groupies that show up at the concerts, but the moment I accidentally start slipping into super-scientist mode their eyes just sorta glaze over. The jumping and screaming is murder on the ears as well. Overall, not my type.

Things are bound to slow down and improve though. If they don't, I'll just drop everything and scream.

Really hope I don't level a building in the process. It would look really, really bad for me.

• 1 month later...

Highlight of Rifts personal recordings into SCIENCE!

"...Anyway, seems mini-kaiju Cybernetic bat seems to be adjusting to life without mind control so far. He still seems to complain a bit from what I can tell from his screeching, but I think thats still remaining pain and discomfort from all the surgery. From what I've been told, he should be fine in a week or more. He does seem to be smarter than I initially thought, if some of the info on his brain implants the other docs at Archetech managed to discover are to go by. Not sure how smart he is though. At this moment in time its all guesswork until we can find some method on figuring that out. Some proposals have been brought up, but nothing is set in stone as far as I know."

"Really should give him a name...Dunno what though. Could call him Ozzy." Laughter could be heard for a few seconds before the recording continued. "Damn, heh. That would be dark. Still, he DOES look like he could bite off someones head if they anger him. Hopefully he isn't that naturally aggressive. Now then...Crud, where is the. On yeah, there it is..."

Among the scribbles of Projects, music notes and random song lyrics, the Journal of the Guitar Genius Warren Wilder himself contains actual writing about his life!

February 29th, 2011

Well, things have started to slow down once more. The world is not in danger, City is not falling to some giant monster hell bent on eating everyone, Criminals are either taking the day off or plotting some new scheme. Internship and the band are also starting to slow down too. Well, not as much as everything else. New students are still flocking to Claremont so they may learn how to use their powers without accidentally blowing up, destroy, vaporizing or a number of dazzling ways to generally bring doom without meaning it. Evander seems to be in the Summon monster and try to fight in category (It probably exists somewhere. I would not be surprised if Summers has files sorted by a similar system.)

Still surprised how much time I have left before I leave Claremont. Doesn't even feel like I've been here long before I join the outside world. So far things seem to be holding themselves together. Some of my share of the money made from the album is giving mom a break. She really needs it. I suspect she will be spending most of her time napping. (Should stockpile some food for her. That much weight loss cannot be healthy as far as I know.) I can also by actual parts and materials for my projects as well. Though a single Daka crystal shard is still waaaay out of my price range.

Did see a cute girl the other day. Right after boring (and irritating) valentines day. Saw her at the back of a small group of kids that formed up in the park where I was Practing guitar in a attempt to drown out the sounds of a thounsand smooching couples and other sounds that I really did not need to hear. Super-hearing has so many drawbacks its not even funny. Anyway, cute girl in the back. Long black hair, really nice eyes, looked a little on the thin side, but then again with everyone in the way it was hard to make much of a judgement on body type.

I did consider talking to her after I was done. But then some driving a truck had taken a sharp turn and nearly turned everyone on the sidewalk into human pancakes. A few power cords, a simple application of sound waves forcing the truck right up and I was heading back to where I was... Where I discovered she was gone along with everyone else. Tried looking for her, but she managed to slip away. Not a good valentines day for me. As usual.

Might run into her again. It is a surprisingly small world after all.