Power Level: 10 (150/151 pp)

Trade-Offs: -2 attack/+2 damage, -3 defense/+3 toughness

Unspent PP: 1

Alternate Identity: None

Height: 6’6â€

Weight: 320lbs

Eyes: Green

Hair: Red

Description: Standing six and a half feet tall, Crom is fairly bursting with muscle. He wears simple blue jeans and t-shirts, with tightly-laced boots and occasioanlly a ball cap. He keeps clean-shaven, but his hair is long and unruly. He works as a bail bondsman when not acting as a superhero, but he does not see a difference between the two occupations. He fights super villains because, in his experience, they always jump bail anyway, so there's no sense in trying to get them to come in peacefully. He doesn't have a secret identity, seeing it as cowardly.

History: Ever since the Aesir made their pact with Earth's Master Mage to stay out of mortal affairs, the villainous Overshadow has sought to bind the spirits of other pantheons to his terrible will. One such experiment was to bind the Irish god Crom Cruach into a mortal man. He was partially successful, he did channel the entity, but the Aesir tried to interfere, and the newly-imbued demigod was whisked away to Adrian Eldritch's home on Ditko Street, where the master mage explained things to him. Crom was such an ancient deity, he had forgotten, or lost, much of his power, as well as his knowledge. So, Dr Eldritch taught him about the modern world, subtly steering him towards a more noble outlook than Overshadow had intended. But, neither Crom nor his mortal host were overly intelligent, so his education was brief. When Adrian was certain he could be trusted, he set Crom up with a small appartment and a job, and set him loose on the unsuspecting villains of Freedom City.

Personality & Motivation: Crom is very enthusiastic about everything he does. When he drinks, bars make a small fortune. When he seeks a woman's affection, bards would sing of his efforts, if bards still did such things. And when he fights, he fights, a true hammer of the gods. Above all, he seeks to find a place for himself in a world that’s forgotten him, and to regain his lost powers.

Powers & Tactics: He is very pragmatic in combat, tossing foes off rooftops or into water to take them out of the fight quickly, and believes everything can be solved by liberal facepunching. He never holds back, but is also careful to avoid seriously injuring his mortal foes. It is a poor god who cannot temper his wrath with mercy. Crom is possessed of great strength, bulletproof skin, an immutable form, and, somewhat surprisingly for those who know him, the power to create sound in a large area.

Complications: Crom has no inherent weaknesses, unless you count his impatience, overabundance of confidence, and his somewhat dull wits.

In Brief: Boisterous Bruiser at it's best, Crom is a dedicated powerhouse.

Stats: 20+4+20+0+0+0 = 44pp

Str: 30 (+10)

Dex: 14 (+2)

Con: 30 (+10)

Int: 10 (+0)

Wis: 10 (+0)

Cha: 10 (+0)

Combat: 4+10 = 14pp

Attack: +2 ranged, +8 melee

Grapple: +18/+26

Defense: +5 (+2 flat-footed)

Knockback: -8

Initiative: +6

Saves: 0+3+8+10 = 21pp

Toughness: +10 (Imp 7) (+10 Con, +0 other)

Fortitude: +13 (+10 Con, +3 other)

Reflex: +10 (+2 Dex, +8 other)

Will: +10 (+0 Wis, +10 other)

Skills: 56r = 14pp

Intimidate 12 (+12)

Notice 8 (+8)

Perform: Music 12 (+12)

Search 12 (+12)

Sense Motive 12 (+12)

Feats: 10pp

All-Out Attack

Attack Focus Melee 6

Diehard

Fearless

Improved Initiative

Powers: 7+5+10+20+5 = 47pp

Impervious Toughness 7: 7 PP

Leaping 5: 5PP

Immutable: 10PP

Super-Strength 8 (PFs: Groundstrike, Shockwave, Thunderclap, Counterpunch): 20 PP

Illusion 1 (Progression 4, 50 feet) Sound Only: 5PP

Lifting Strength 70

Light Load: 64 tons, Medium Load: 125 tons, Heavy Load: 200 tons, Max Load 400 tons, Push/Drag: 1,000 tons

Running Jump: 250ft, Standing Long Jump: 125ft, High Jump: 62.5ft

Drawbacks: 0+0+0 = 0pp

None

DC Block:

Unarmed ---- 25/Toughness ---- Bruised/Staged

Costs: Abilities (44) + Combat (14) + Saves (21) + Skills (14) + Feats (10) + Powers (47) - Drawbacks (00) = 150/151pp

Welcome to the boards. I've attached the character sheet template that is standard here. Once you get it all formatted, I'll give it a more in depth look, as our template makes double checking all the numbers far easier. I don't see any major problems from my initial once over on the sheet.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

[b][u]Characters Name[/u][/b]:

[b][u]Power Level[/u][/b]: (6 or 10) (spent point total/total point total, i.e. 90/90 or 150/150)

[b][u]Trade-Offs[/u][/b]: [example]

[b][u]Unspent PP[/u][/b]: 0

[b][u]Alternate Identity[/u][/b]:

[b][u]Age[/u][/b]: ?? (born Month [day optional] Year; Apparent Age ??)

[b][u]Gender[/u][/b]:

[b][u]Height[/u][/b]:

[b][u]Weight[/u][/b]:

[b][u]Eyes[/u][/b]:

[b][u]Hair[/u][/b]:

[b][u]Description[/u][/b]:

[b][u]History[/u][/b]:

[b][u]Personality & Motivation[/u][/b]:

[b][u]Powers & Tactics[/u][/b]:

[b][u]Complications[/u][/b]:

[b][u]In Brief[/u][/b]: (one or two sentences that encompasses the whole character)

[b][u]Stats[/u][/b]: 0+0+0+0+0+0 = 0pp

Str: 10 (+0)

Dex: 10 (+0)

Con: 10 (+0)

Int: 10 (+0)

Wis: 10 (+0)

Cha: 10 (+0)

[b][u]Combat[/u][/b]: 0+0 = 0pp

Attack: +0

Grapple: +0

Defense: +0 (+0 flat-footed)

Knockback: -0

Initiative: +0

[b][u]Saves[/u][/b]: 0+0+0 = 0pp

Toughness: +0 (+0 Con, +0 other)

Fortitude: +0 (+0 Con, +0)

Reflex: +0 (+0 Dex, +0)

Will: +0 (+0 Wis, +0)

[b][u]Skills[/u][/b]: 0r = 0pp

Example: Knowledge (arcane lore) 4 (+4)

[b][u]Feats[/u][/b]: 0pp

[quote name="Equipment"]Equipment Name [Xep]

Equipment Name [Xep][/quote]

[b][u]Powers[/u][/b]: 0+0+0 = 0pp

Example: [b]Power X[/b] (name/descriptor; [i]Extras[/i]: whatever; [i]Flaws[/i]: whatever; [i]Power Feats[/i]: whatever; [i]Drawbacks[/i]: whatever) [Xpp]

[u]AP[/u]: [b]Power X[/b] (name/descriptor; [i]Extras[/i]: whatever; [i]Flaws[/i]: whatever; [i]Power Feats[/i]: whatever; [i]Drawbacks[/i]: whatever)

[b][u]Drawbacks[/u][/b]: 0+0+0 = 0pp

Example: Name (description; frequency, severity; -X)

[b][u]DC Block[/u][/b]:

Example: Blast 10 --- 25/Toughness --- Bruised, Staged

[b][u]Costs[/u][/b]: Abilities (00) + Combat (00) + Saves (00) + Skills (00) + Feats (00) + Powers (00) - Drawbacks (00) = 0pp

Some more formatting stuff you missed. List your skills and feats alphabetically and list each one on a new line.

Example:

Acrobatics 8 (+10)

Bluff 6 (+9)

Computers 8 (+10)

Attack Focus Melee 2

Dodge Focus 2

Improved Initiative

On the mechanical side of things:

Firstly, you break caps offensively. +8 to hit with the Claymore, +13 damage. Also note however, that you are super-strong, an equipment based Claymore will likely break with repeated use, or if you power attack as your Strength is right up equal with its Toughness. There's an issue with your Defensive caps as well, but I go into more detail in the Combat section.

:arrow: Stats

You have your Con listed as 30 (+7). A 30 Con should have a +10 modifier. There is likely a mistake in the line where you add up the point cost as well.

:arrow: Combat,

Your grapple is +18, + 26 with full Super-Strength.

Defense. If I'm reading this right, then you purchased 5 ranks of Defense, this would give you a Defense bonus of +5, not +15. Also, due to the fact that you have no defensive trade-offs, you can buy up to +10 Defense. In addition, you only retain 1/2 of your Defense when caught flat-footed.

Your Knockback modifier is -7. This is calculated as your Impervious Toughness rank + (0.5 x any remaining Toughness bonus, rounded down).

:arrow: Saves

Fort save should be +13.

:arrow: Skills

Denote what the total skill bonus is for each skill and follow the general guidelines listed at the top of this post.

:arrow: Feats

Good, but again list them in the fashion mentioned above.

:arrow: Powers

Just general formatting is needed in this area. Include your character's maximum lifting strength and the appropriate thresholds for the different loads. See Atlas's character sheet in my signature for an example.

Also include the AoE range for your Illusion power and the bonus to the size of your jumps from your Leaping power.

Example:

Super Strength 8 PFs: Groundstrike, Shockwave, Thunderclap, Counterpunch [20pp]

I also have some questions, but nothing's necessarily wrong, but I just want to see what your answer is. Why do you have a low Impervious rank? You could get higher.

Why do you possess the Immutable power?

Why you possess the Illusion power?

I'm aware the sword would put him over the damage cap, it would stop at 10 instead of going up to 13 anyway. I got it because it fits the character, it adds +1 to blocking, and sometimes chopping stuff is more fun than smashing.

As for his skills, none of his ability scores change them at all, the only bonus is from ranks.

I gave him a low Impervious save because his powers are supposed to be imperfect, historically Crom is a solar god, and he lost his light control powers along with a few other things. He'll get them back as he gains power points. I don't mind being a little weak mechanically if it means the character plays the way I envisioned him. The same goes for his Defense. He has Immutable because it just feels like a god wouldn't like being forcibly altered, it shows the "higher" nature of his powers, like mortal abilities aren't enough to tamper with them. His auditory illusions are another fragment of his former abilities, it's mostly for fun. Sometimes, it's convenient to send out a warning to run for cover to every civilian in a fifty foot radius, and sometimes it's fun to have the power to make awesome fight music play in the background.

Everything else has been adjusted.

I'm aware the sword would put him over the damage cap, it would stop at 10 instead of going up to 13 anyway. I got it because it fits the character, it adds +1 to blocking, and sometimes chopping stuff is more fun than smashing.

PL Caps are "hard" caps. I.e., you cannot have something that exceeds them and then just not use it.

Stats, good.

Combat

Your defense is +5, +2 Flatfooted.

Your knockback modifier is now -8 because you increased your Impervious rank.

Saves, denote that you have Impervious Toughness 7 in the Toughness line.

Skills, even though your skills don't get modified by your ability scores, please put the extra bit in.

Feats, I'm counting 10 points not 12.

Powers, bold the effect name and the rank. And denote that you have an effective lifting Strength of 70.

And you should be just about ready for approval after those changes.

• 1 month later...