Removing the PL6 option?

I've noticed that there are a major lack of PL6 players, only 3 as of now and there would be little action between those three and every other player due to the PL difference (I chose one because I figured that the 5-6 other PL6 players that were currently there were active, I wanted to play at a lower level since I wasn't familiar with the system, I also hoped that more would come as a result).

What I am thinking is to remove the option to play as a PL6 character (due to little interest for most people) and move them all to PL10 so they can play and match with the others. Thoughts? (please don't bash me too hard for this idea, I just thought very few players in one group would make things stale quickly, and I don't want to lose everything with my character)

If a change this major happens, it won't be without a lot of discussion.

In regard to your situation specifically...if you don't feel as though you have enough characters to play with as a PL6, you have a couple of options. You could ask to bring your PL6 into PL10-12 threads, with the understanding that you'll be playing the role of "sidekick." A couple of players have done this before. Or you could just dispense with a PL6 entirely, and revise your current PL6 to take your PL10 slot instead.

As for your status as a newbie...I think PL10/PP150 play is actually easier. You have more breathing room during character creation, since you have more points to work with. And more of the predesigned opposition is tailored to your power level.

Really? I thought only a gold player could revise their character to PL10. Had I known that, I wouldn't have suggested the rule change.

One thing if I go to PL10 is that I'll leave Rav and Lone Star behind, leaving them by themselves, so I'm going to speak to them about this matter if I can.

And DOH on me for knowing PL10 is easier to play.

I really like to use PL 6, it's a lot better for me because it allows me to make a character who has to rely on their skills more, while a PL 10 character can lift tanks and take bullets without thinking twice. Plus, wouldn't it be kind of weird to have two Claremont characters be at that level? I vote to keep PL 6 as an option so our heroes can work their way up, not start at the top.

Starsign: Gold players can have two PL10s. Normal players can have a PL10 and a PL6. If you decided you wanted Rycon to be your PL10, you could raise Rycon to PL10, thus freeing up your PL6 spot. A Gold player would have 2 PL10 spots. Basically, we offered you a chance to retcon Rycon. Make sense?

Shaen's right. PL6 slots have been a staple of this site ever since I came along. If they're going anywhere it's not going to be without some groundbreaking event.

Though I'm not the biggest fan of PL6 play, it does have its merits, and I think it should be kept around for all those people who ARE a fan of it.

Well, since the flood gates have parted ever so slightly, and I'm still waiting for feedback on the Summon debate, have you guys considered bumping the PL6 option up to PL8? Seems like a sweet spot for street level and teen heroes. Though, I will concede that PL6 is better for skills-centric normal heroes. I suppose it's just a matter of the specific purpose of the lower PL option. :smash: