Sturm und Dr... Archeville [IC]

Devin caught sight of the Doctor and walked over to him, smiling at his amusing accent. "Hey, Doc, how's it going'?" He held up his robotic left hand and quickly flicked his index finger up and down a few times, eliciting a horrible metallic scraping sound. "I think maybe there's something wrong with the finger," he said in an understated voice, "but other than that, yeah, no problems. Funny, though, it only does it when moving fast enough."

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still sitting on the bench, Ashley looked onto the Doctor and Devin. "How long have they known each other?" Ashley thought. There wasn't much to think about aside from questions about the new boy she had met. She decided against interrupting their conversation and instead wait for them to finish. While excited, Ashley was also frightened by having this operation. She wasn't sure of the outcome, just leave it up to chance...

Archeville winced at the scraping metallic sound, "ach! Vhat noise!"

What did he do to my arm?!

Shifting due to frequent teleportation?

My technology is better than that, and you know it. Probably just his own incompetence...

He grabbed Devin's arm and examined the hand, and moved the finger back and forth as he placed an ear near it to find the source. "Hrm, sounds like de proximal interphalangeal joint." He looked up to Devin, though still held his hand, "vhen did dis start? Has it suffered any damage?"

Devin flinched a little at the doctor's questions, fearing the disapproval that an honest answer might evoke. Still, knowing how it happened might help Dr. A fix it, so Devin hesitantly explained. "Well, I first noticed it after a fight I got into last week. Guy in a silly-looking steel suit and green cloak tried to rob a bank, so I punched him. It was funny, though, the guy kept telling everyone they were doomed." He waggled his hands for emphasis, "DOOOOMED, you know, that sort of thing."

Archeville nodded, "I believe I saw someding about him on de news. A disgruntled dentist, I believe, claiming to be related to Overshadow."

I knew it! I told you!

A minor fix, and worth it in the course of upholding law & order.

The only order he should be upholding is mine!

He released Devin's arm, turned an nodded at one of the receptionists, then strode towards the bank of elevators in the hallway behind the lobby. "Come along, come along; I am happy to help but I haff much to do!"

Following, Displacer found the Doktor was standing at a bend in the hall, past the elevators. When he saw Devin approach, he pointed to a section of the wall, a screen displaying a 3D map of the building. "Dere is de cybernetics laboratory," he said, pointing to a spot on the seventh floor. "Can you teleport to it?"

Deciding not to wait for the Doctor, Ashley went up to an info terminal to learn a little more about the Archetech building. The terminal took a little getting used to due to it's high-tech nature that Ashley did not quite understood yet. Eventually she started checking the varius facilities around Archetech and what they are for.

She stopped checking when she read the info about the Personnel office, remembering that she was to head there. Still not used to the terminal, she had no luck with directions and decided to ask the receptionist instead. Once she was availible, Ashley asked, "Excuse me, I'm looking for the personnel office, may I have directions please?"