Sturm und Dr... Archeville [IC]

Rycon was mildly disappointed by the Doctor's response. However, she knew the doctors know best, especially Dr. Archeville.

"" She says in a rather emotionless manner/ She hops off the table and stands near one of the windows, viewing her reflection through it while showing the city outside. Her voice lightens up, "" She hesitates a bit before continuing, "" She turns back to Dr. Archeville, "

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

""

As if I would ever bother to stoop to your level of cognition.

This is clearly upsetting her. I would bet that more could be done to "un-stall" her powers if tackled from a psychological approach rather than a physiological one. Though that implant does definitely worry me.

That is a tempting mystery, I grant you. Right, let's open her up.

"<... but i also believe you misunderstand me>" he continued, using a warmer tone. ""

Dr. Archeville's change in tone had slightly surprised Rycon. She was never a suave talker. "

After a small moment of silence, she said "" Even though she trusted the Doctor, she couldn't help but wonder, "I have a bad feeling about this..."

Rycon's eyes opened up a little, "" Her face flushed a little as she responded to the testing offer, "" She wasn't really telling the truth, she is rather unfond of using her powers to show off.

As she slowly made her way to the door, she asked, "

"" he replied, ""

About half an hour later, Archeville finished up his basic physical exam of Ashley. Here and there a curious look played across his face, but when she asked what it was, he requested silence so he could finish.

Well, that was unexciting.

They cannot all be overendowed amazons.

"" he said at last, ""

He gently took her right had and position it palm-up, and held his own right forearm next to hers. He pointed to the veins just barely visible beneath the forearm -- on his, they were blue, but on hers they were white. ""

He looked up and smiled at her, ""

"" he made a dismissive wave, "" he picked up the two vials of Pepto-Bismol-pink blood he had drawn from her for the labwork, ""

The long synopsis of the physical results were a bit mind-boggling to Rycon, though she did get the gist of the info down. "" She felt that they we're very close to understanding her powers completely.

She lets a moment of silence slip out before asking, "

"" he went on. ""

I'll learn about your brain when I crack open your skull!

Surgically open. And we do not even need to do that, really, there is a far less invasive alternative, so she would recover from it much faster.

What are you- ohhhh no! No, we are not doing that!

Why not? Afraid?

"" He tossed his exam gloves in the trash, ""

He rose and lead her down more hallways, down a few floors, to a large and mostly empty room. He pressed a few buttons on a panel on the wall, and half the room turned into a firing range.

He lead her to the range, manipulating his Electromagnetic Screwdriver as he went; she (rightly) guessed he would use that to detect and record her powers and energy levels. "

Rycon had a look at the room turned firing range. It was a test, something that other doctors didn't do alot back in Germany, those usually backfired with disaterous results. But this was Dr. Archeville, he knew what he was doing, he was prepared. these thought circulated her mind as she looked around the room.

Upon the Doctor's question, Rycon answered, "" She let her mind free of doubts and worries so she could focus on the task at hand.

"

She hardly seems t have the upper body strength needed to-

Perhaps she used some manner of electroforging technique?

Maybe... but why use them in the first place, if she's got her electrical discharge ability? That was the first thing she manifested!

To act as a conductor between herself and the target, to help her aim?

The Doktor pointed to the targets at the far end of the range, ""

Rycon started charging her hands with white electricity, responding from the previous question the Doctor asked, "I've made a number of structural components, like rapiers, armors both out of metal, and even once, bullets out of lead." She fired a spark of electricity from each hand, hitting two targets at the other end of the range.

She couldn't fire more without charging up again, so as she did, she continued speaking. "I chose knives because they we're easier to make and we're reliably easy to handle." Ready to fire, Rycon shot more blasts out of her hand, striking more targets down the room. "I can thank my welding class for all the knowledge on how to make that stuff, it was a good class to take."

"" Archeville praised, "

Oh! I could offer her a job here!

Doing what, recharging the batteries in the guard's communicators?

No, working in a machine shop! I would need to test her level of skill, of course, but even if she is not proficient enough to work on the high-end items, there are plenty of opportunities here for her.

Maybe... we'd need to see the things she's made first, though.

Her first blast just missed the target, but the second hit straight on. The third was another solid hit, and the fourth hit the target right between the eyes.

The Doktor checked his sensors, and nodded to himself, ""

Off to the side was a row of moving wooden ducks, some going by slowly, others zipping past.

"" Rycon says with a confident smile, resting her arms before recharging them with electricity. ""

As the wooden ducks appear, Rycon thinks, "At the speed they are going and the speed of my electricity..." Carefully timing her shots, She fires three volleys of two electricity bolts, trying to hit the moving targets

All but one of her blasts connecting, knocking over the little ducks. Archeville nodded approvingly.

"" Archeville reached into one of his lab coat piockets and pulled out a small business card, and handed it to Ashley, ""

There you go again, jumping the gun!

But this is the perfect opportunity to kick off the Metahuman Employment Service!

Oh, your "Jobs for Gene-Freaks" project? Yeah, that'll never take off.

Yes, it will!

The Doktor checked his sensors again, then directed Rycon towards a nearby wall. ""

Ashley smiled upon noticing her accuracy improvement. back when she was younger her accuracy usually totaled up to half hitting and half missing. Dr. Archeville's approval made her all the more confident. She notices the business card given to her, and replies, "

Upon the doctor's call, Ashley looked around to see the outlets, " She made her way over to the nearest one to her and touched it, spontaneously dispersing into a flash of atoms that entered the outlet. in all of a second she instantly reappeared from an outlet on the other side of the room. She made a wave to Dr. Archeville to show her position. And with that, she started teleporting again, appearing out of a different outlet each time and reentering it, trying to move faster with entry and exiting the outlets.

After about a minute or two of this, Ashley stopped. She was bent over a little, feeling a little sick from all the teleporting. "" Taking in a deep breath, Ashley went back to standing straight up, already starting to feel better. ""

When she returned to her starting position, she saw Archevile was smiling, and quite giddy.

"" he praised, then moved to her side and gently patted her on the back. "

Ah, I always have enjoyed watching assorted modes of teleportation. Especially the matter-to-energy-and-back modes.

Whatever. She'd better not have overloaded any of the electrical systems.

Oh? Worried the systems you helped design are not robust enough to handle it?

What? You... shut up!

""

Ashley put a smile on and said, "" Taking another look around the room, she decided, "" She made her way out of the room and to a receptionist area. She could see the people lined up, whether to see for Dr. Archeville or for another reason. Ashley wasn't really sure where she needed to go, so she decided to stay there for a few minutes if Dr. Archeville needed her for something.

Devin Splice, a short, muscular boy in his late teens, entered the reception area of the ArchTech building. The place still felt strange to him, but in the recent months he'd spent as one of Dr. Archeville's regular test subjects, he'd learned to accept the uncomfortable feeling and push it aside. He smiled and nodded briefly at a receptionist he thought he recognized from past visits, but stopped to consider the familiar looking teenage girl who had just entered the room.

"Hey, haven't I seen you around Claremont?" he said, approaching her and extending his cybernetic left arm for a handshake. "I'm Devin Splice, or Displacer, if you like. You working with Dr. Archeville too?"

Ashley turned to the teenage boy with the cybernetic arm. he had remembered seeing him only in passing, but not actually met face-to-face like this before with him "Ah... yes I do go to Claremont," She answered him, accepting his handshake in the process. "Ashley Culdis, pleased to meet you." Shaking a metallic arm felt awkward, but she guessed that she would get used to it.

Finishing the handshake, Ashley says, "No, I don't work here... yet." She kept her face as a look of interest. "I was here for an examination. I-If I may ask, what happened to your arm? She showed signs of uncertainty as she asked him.

Devin had realized in his first few days at Claremont that he'd be getting that question a lot. What the hell, though, it makes a good story.

"Well, I have to explain, first, I'm a teleporter. I can put myself just about anywhere, but it's tough to take stuff with me. Like, pretty much just my clothes, what's in my pockets, little stuff like that," he said, "so anyway, back when I first started doing this, I didn't really have great control yet, and I was stupid enough to try teleporting home drunk. Most of me got there. My arm didn't." He paused a moment to let the horror of that idea sink in, before continuing. "That sucked, hard, but the Doc talked to me when I was in the hospital and offered to make me a new arm if I'd let him run tests on my powers." He paused again to flex the impressive device that had replaced his arm. "Seemed like a bargain to me."

Ashley listened on to Devin's story, both in wonder and in shock, "That... sounded painful, y-your incident I mean. She took a pause to think what to say before speaking. "To teleport anywhere you wish? sounds incredibly useful... She thought, "Should I tell him about my powers? They're similar, yet..."

She walks to a nearby bench to sit down as she thinks, "Wouldn't hurt to say I guess." and then says, "I have the ability to teleport too, though it's a little different. She takes a deep breath before continuing. "I can teleport through electric currents. As long as an electrical device can connect to another in some way, I can teleport." She makes a shrug before Devin opens his mouth, "Wish I knew how it works."

Devin followed her over to the bench, but stayed standing. "Huh, that's interesting," he said. Bet that's not all she can do, though. He smiled at her, and kept talking. "It's cool being around other people with powers, though, huh? I mean, at Claremont. Makes me feel like less of a weirdo, you know?"

He took a moment to steel himself, thinking, Hey, she's cute, she's a super like you, just go for it, man.

"Say, we should eat, um, lunch together, sometime. Like, at school? You eat in the cafeteria, right?"

Gah, you idiot, of course she eats in the cafeteria. Way to sound like a loser.

Ashley rubbed the back of her neck, trying to think of how to respond to Devin's question about the Academy. "Um... well... I do enjoy being with the people there, though I've never really felt like a wierdo."

"Liar..." She thought immedietly after, "I've always thought I stood out like a sore thumb."

She started blushing when she was offered to eat together. "Uh... Yes I do eat in the cafeteria..." She was at a bit of a loss with words. "Blake would be so mad at me if he found out, and I just met this guy! She shook off the confusion and responded, "Sorry, I usually eat with someone else. I don't really know you well enough..." Ashley thought that was a bit rude of her to say it that bluntly.

"Yeah, sure, that's cool, whatever," Devin said, trying to play off the rejection as no big deal. "Anyway, I'll, uh, see you around school, then. I gotta go meet with the Doc now."

Idiot, he thought, ruing his perpetual bad luck with women, shouldn't have pushed it so fast. He'd hoped to meet some nice super-powered girls at Claremont, but so far none had seemed interested in him. Whatever. I've got stuff to do right now anyway.

Devin turned to speak with the receptionist, gave her his name, and asked if Dr. Archeville was ready to see him.

Archeville had planned to leave Ashley in the Lobby, sure she could find her way to the Personnel office (and that she'd ask the Receptionist if she needed directions). When he heard Devin's voice, he paused, and watched the two for a bit, his observation concealed (and partly hampered) by the numerous staff who came to him with forms that needed his signature or other such work.

Ah, another of my minions!

Patients.

And judging by his posturing, he's interested in Ashley. Oh, will there be... sparks?

That... that was horrible.

When Devin broke off from Ashely, Archeville waved him over. "Devin, guten tag! You got her a bit early, ja? No problems mit de arm, I trust?"