Sturm und Dr... Archeville [OOC]

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, just to state here that Ashley/Rycon is against the whole Nazi thing that happened, and is against anyone who is Neo-Nazi-ish (Not to say you or anyone else here are of course). How about we say Ashley only knows that Dr. Archeville has had... major family issues.

So, what will Doc find on this basic scan?

And what will he find on a more thorough scan?

(Because what he's doing now is a thorough scan, but he's not telling her that. Partly so she won't be too weirded out by just how advanced the tech he's waving over her head is, partly b/c he wants to know what's going on in her now.)

If you just have basics in mind, that's fine; I'm somewhat good at supplying technobabble ;)

What Dr. Archeville finds in her brain on a basic scan is a small part that is not functioning. This part is actually not natural, it was 'created' you could say, by her brain (it'll be small enough to be seen by whatever the Doctor is using).

A more thorough scan reveals that (including what's been said above) it's connected to the part of the brain that sends waves to the muscles to react to the body, which is the main source of her powers. The Doc can slightly tinker with it to have it begin functioning at say... 15%. This way it allows her brain to grow without the chance of overloading too quickly.

(OOC Note: The 15% is to reflect how often I will be giving her extra pp throughout her time here, since she has her trenchcoat equipment and all her other stats to work with.)

Hmm... actually, why not! Let's make it a bionic implant that's currently nonfunctional. Dr. Archeville can set it functioning at 15% to keep it from overloading. (The implant IS NOT is reason for her powers, but it will play an important role later on in Rycon's life)

Doc, I was talking on the chat about Rycon and was wondering if we could use this thread as an opportunity to change her powers. I could PM the changes if your interested.

Also, there's something about the date of the thread that I would like changed.

Actually, the power change thread is here. thoughts, ideas, or criticisms would be appreciated.

Also about the date, I have another thread that I'm working on with others (I decided that it will take place a day or two before she visits Dr. Archeville, if that's okay with you, though the other thread hasn't have a decided date yet), and I'm thinking all her threads are packed too tightly. I'd like her new powers in time for when she appears in the invasion, so perhaps we could make this thread sometime like May 4th or 5th?

I was about to write "you were two when the procedure was done, so I doubt you'd remember anything from it anyway," but then I took another look at you char sheet. I think your background's timeline needs a bit of work.

Ashley was born in August 1992

Diagnosed with problems at age 3 (1995)

September 1998 (when she was 6), doctors approached her dad about the problem.

"One day," Ash was kidnapped and the procedure done. Presumably, when Ashley was still 6.

April 2006, father caught for the experiment done 12 years ago. 12 years before 2006 is 1994; Ashley would have been 1 and 3/4 in April 1994, so that'd be before the symptoms started appearing.

OK, so to sum up all the changes to make her backstory make sense:

Ashley was born in August 1993

Diagnosed with problems at age 3 (1996)

September 1999 (when she was 6), doctors approached her dad about the problem.

November 1999 (two months later), Ash was kidnapped and the procedure done. Presumably, when Ashley was still 6.

April 2006, father caught for the experiment done 6 1/2 years ago.

Does this make more sense?