So this is Claremont. Thought Aiko as she looked at the turn of the last century style buildings. This is where I start the next step in reclaiming myself. The blue haired gynoid made sure her bags weren't slipping and started forward. Maybe I should see if I can meet someone and manage to socialize a little before seeing Mr. Summers.

Ashley sat at the steps to the entrance of Claremont Acadamy, reminiscing about her aunt, uncle, and cousin Danielle while listening to the song playing on her locket. While she missed her family now that she stays on campus, she had met many good people that have helped her fit in with the life of a superhero. As she turns off her locket and puts it away, she notices a female student walking towards the school.

"A new student?" she thought, she noticed the girl's awkward blue hair, though that might be due to some power she may have. Ashley remembered that she would try to socialize more now that she is at school. She took a deep breath and starts walking toward her, as if to greet her. As she meets the new student at a distance of a foot she says, "H-Hello there", "Gah, way to stumble a greeting..." She thought in embarrassment.

Ah, a student. Seems a bit shy, short hair, glasses, wears clothes than cover a lot. Aiko managed a very slight bow, little more than inclining her head really, as she answered the girl. "Ah, hello." Straightening out again the gynoid looks at the equally tall girl in front of her. "Would I be wrong to assume that you are a student here?"

"Ah, hello. Would I be wrong to assume that you are a student here?"

Ashley took note on the girl's response, "She seems like a well-mannered young lady" she thought. "No, I am a student here. I'm Ashley Culdis, what's yours?"

As she said this, Ashley thought, "What should I discuss after...?" She wasn't very good at planning ahead in conversations before, so sometimes she had to improvise. Here she's learning to think of topics before she gets an opportunity to speak.

Create file: 'Culdis, Ashley', folder: 'Claremont', subfolder: 'Students' "Pleased to meet you Culdis-san. My name is Karakuri Aiko." Perhaps I am overplaying the Japanese thing, it might be hard to keep up the politeness. Well, let's see how she reacts at least. If nothing else I can ask her to accompany me to Mr. Summers office.

"Pleased to meet you Culdis-san. My name is Karakuri Aiko."

Ashley gladly welcomed the new girl as she thought "Culdis-san? She remembers a Japanese scientist that once worked alongside Ashley's father, she used such formalities too. Too bad she never learned her name... So perhaps this new student is a transfer?

"Pleased to meet you too, Karakuri-san." Ashley hoped she used such formalities correctly. "Are you an immigrant as well?" She let her German accent show a little more than usual.

>Add to folder: 'At least some familiarity with Japanese honorifics. Immigrant, German heritage'< "I have... lived, in Freedom for a little over six months. Please have understanding if I seem a bit, off at times. I don't think I have had anything approximating a 'normal' life at any point in time."

"I have... lived, in Freedom for a little over six months. Please have understanding if I seem a bit, off at times. I don't think I have had anything approximating a 'normal' life at any point in time."

"Something about that seems a bit awkward..." Ashley thought, trying to understand what Aiko meant by not having a 'normal' life. "That's alright. I felt out of place when I came too Freedom City about a month ago." She tried to make Aiko feel more at ease with her new school. "I think you'll fit right in after some time. She starts walking towards the school doors, waving Aiko to come.

>Add to folder: 'Arrived in Freedom late March/ early April, specific date pending'< Aiko nodded and followed Ashley. "Thank you Culdis-san. I hope you are right." To an extent at least. Keep being polite, avoid being overly distant but remain cautious.

As the two walked through the school, Ashley thought back to her first day here. "So, do you need to meet with Mr. Summers? Or perhaps I could show you around the school? Will you be staying on campus?" Ashley thought she might have been rushing things. She wanted to converse with Aiko, but she felt she was bombarding her with too many questions.

"Yes. I would appreciate that. And yes, I will be staying on campus." Karakuri easily kept pace with with the brown haired student. "Perhaps it would be best to begin with the formal meeting. Then once I know where I will be staying you could show me around if it would not be too much trouble Culdis-san."

"I, uh, don't think I can go out tonight," Mark was telling Faith apologetically as he rounded the bend with her. "I mean, I've got a lot I need to take care of with my classes before summer break starts. I'm trying to write that manual for...oh hey, new people!" He waved to the two new faces, a cheerful look on his face. Whew. "I haven't seen you before. I'm Mark, and this is my girlfriend Faith."

Ashley notices the two student down the hall. They were previously talking with each other before noticing her and Aiko. "Oh, hello. Sorry if we interrupted you. Ashley puts on a smile to the two teenagers. "I'm Ashley Culdis, and this is Karakuri Aiko." She let her mind rest for the moment, instead letting the others chat a bit.

Nearby the school's entrance, a long form lay on the grass, stretched out beneath a matte black motorcycle. Surrounded by tools and parts resting on oil stained rags, Trevor Hunter went about the habitual tinkering which kept the Night Cycle performing at peak levels. Reaching out for a cloth to wipe his hands upon, the thin teen sat up unhurriedly at Mark's arrival with Faith, his head tilting slightly to one side as he took note of the introductions made by the brown haired girl in glasses. He was mildly surprised at the number of new students Claremont had been receiving so close to the end of the semester; he'd assumed he was to have been the exception to the rule. Some sort of drive by the administration? he mused. Retrieving his beaten fedora from the bike's handlebar, he deftly set it upon his head and began packing up for the day.

When Mark introduces himself and Faith Aiko's eyes acquire a hint of steel and her face goes rigid for a moment. Unclench, don't show such weakness. Remain cautious, but still be polite. No need to be antagonistic. After a brief moment, during which Ashley is kind enough to do the introductions for the two of them, the gynoid's face softens again even though a hard edge remains in her eyes. "Pleased to meet you both, Mark-san, Faith-san."

"" Faith smiled and curtsied as she spoke in Aiko's 'native language', "" She turned to Ashley and curtsied the same, "It is very nice to meet you too. I hope you are enjoying your stay here." Two new faces, this would be fortuitous. "And how are you two doing on this fine day?"

Ashley had a smile on her face, "I have been doing well. The students and teachers here have all been generous." She changed the subject, "What was that language you spoke Faith? I don't think I've heard of such a language."

Ashley turned to Aiko, "If I may ask... Did you come from Japan, or somewhere else? Aiko was obviously an immegrent, but she wasn't sure if she was actually from Japan or not.

At the sound of Faith using Japanese to greet her Aiko actually sports a faint smile and her eyes soften slightly. "" The gynoid contents herself with listening for a few moments before answering the blonde's second question."I am doing, well enough." Then comes Ashley's question regarding her nation of origin. How to answer, how to answer. " It would not be wrong to say I am from Japan. But it is... complicated. Summers-sama knows the details, and I would rather not go into them here and now."

Mark blinked, surprised and impressed when he saw Faith and Aiko talking to each other in Japanese. Wow, she knows Japanese? He instantly felt bad about underestimating his girlfriend, and so quickly said, "That's neat! Have you met Shinnosuke Koyama? He's the Japanese student I know the best right now. He's pretty cool, he does lots of computer hacking and stuff."

"He's pretty cool, he does lots of computer hacking and stuff." Keep calm, he doesn't deserve a beating over that. Likely ignorance rather than malice. Mark's casual line causes Aiko to go rigid, anyone observant enough could notice that her hands had curled up into pretty tight fists. After a moment the gynoid's quick mental processes had worked it through enough that she manages to reply. "No. I have not."

Mark is a good talker, Trevor reflected as he left his restocked toolbox next to his motorcycle and sauntered over to the growing group. Not much of a listener. Then again, it didn't even the lanky teen's knack for observation to realize that Karakuri Aiko was agitated by the gregarious Lucas' comment. Doesn't like the Japanese, or doesn't like hackers? he wondered as he smootly arrived. "New faces?" he asked softly, with a slight dip from the waist for Ashley and Aiko.

"That's neat! Have you met Shinnosuke Koyama? He's the Japanese student I know the best right now. He's pretty cool, he does lots of computer hacking and stuff."

Ashley watches Aiko's rather rigid reaction. A small look of concern came over Ashley's face. "That looked like a strange reaction... She thought, "Perhaps it's best not to discuss it."

"New faces?"

Ashley turned to the new voice, seeing a rather dark, lanky teenager wearing a fedora. He seemed rather intimidating, as if trying to demand a position in the conversation. Ashley lets out a quiet deep breath and says, "Ah, good day... sir." She wasn't sure if he was a guest or a student here, but she had to show a good first impression, even if she was misunderstanding the situation he was putting her in.

"You should!" said Mark cheerily. "He's pretty cool. I mean, I know it's an easy stereotype; the Asian hacker guy, but he carries it off pretty well." He pecked Faith on the cheek, then watched her go as she headed off to class. "Anyway, I've gotta get going. Nice talking to you, Ako!" And with that, he turned and ran off himself, looking like he had not a care in the world.

When Mark leaves Aiko visibly relaxes, the tension partially leaving her. But with the fedora sporting new arrival she doesn't loosen up completely. Facing him she gives a slight bow of her head. "Ah, hello. My name is Karakuri Aiko, may I know you name?"

Trevor raised an eyebrow lightly at Ashley's hesitant reaction to his arrival. There were certainly those who found his stoic calm unnerving, but the discomfort wasn't usually so immediate. Clearly he still had a long way to go toward improving his socialization. Tilting his fedora backward to given a more open view of his face and dark bangs, he returned Aiko's polite gesture. "Trevor Hunter," he answered is a soft baritone. "Pleasure." There was a hint of reflexive formality in his tone, but the lanky youth otherwise did his best to seem amiable enough.