Stat Yourself [Elseworlds/What If?] [OOC]

Heridfel

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing to note - while Freedom City is a comic in the "real world" that our characters came from, it isn't a game setting. I want to avoid any sort of metagame knowledge, since jokes about "rolling well" or "spending our pp well" tend to break verisimilitude more than acknowledging that this is a comic book in the real world. I think that's because comics are telling a story, but are otherwise much more freeform than an RPG where game statistics largely determine what can happen. It's one thing to know that Captain Thunder can easily bench press 100 tons; it's another to know that he's Strength 38 with Super-Strength 6. Even though we are constraining the story with game mechanics OOC, I'd rather we don't know that IC. If you're saying that Green Ronin is the publisher of the comics, then it's cool, and you can ignore what I said above.

One thing to note - while Freedom City is a comic in the "real world" that our characters came from, it isn't a game setting. I want to avoid any sort of metagame knowledge, since jokes about "rolling well" or "spending our pp well" tend to break verisimilitude more than acknowledging that this is a comic book in the real world. I think that's because comics are telling a story, but are otherwise much more freeform than an RPG where game statistics largely determine what can happen. It's one thing to know that Captain Thunder can easily bench press 100 tons; it's another to know that he's Strength 38 with Super-Strength 6. Even though we are constraining the story with game mechanics OOC, I'd rather we don't know that IC. If you're saying that Green Ronin is the publisher of the comics, then it's cool, and you can ignore what I said above.

Well, I was saying that the forum was used to discuss the comic, not the RPG. That's how Nightshyft knew what I looked like (from the picture I had earlier posted).

That could work, I guess. This keeps getting further and further away from the real me. Hang out on a comic book discussion forum? NEVER! :D

I'm going to go with we don't know each other. It should work just fine.

Well, I was saying that the forum was used to discuss the comic, not the RPG. That's how Nightshyft knew what I looked like (from the picture I had earlier posted).

That could work, I guess. This keeps getting further and further away from the real me. Hang out on a comic book discussion forum? NEVER! :D

Do we have our powers yet, or is there going to be some kind of event that causes them?

I ask, because i wish to play around with the idea that he knows things before they are said out loud. It will take him a while to figure it out of course.

Do we have our powers yet, or is there going to be some kind of event that causes them?

I ask, because i wish to play around with the idea that he knows things before they are said out loud. It will take him a while to figure it out of course.