Stat Yourself [Elseworlds/What If?] [OOC]

Heridfel

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, wait for me! Am I cool to jump in here?

If so, each of you have come to Freedom City and found yourself (either immediately or by making your way there) in a heavy storm where at least Captain Thunder and Dr. Metropolis are involved in minimising damage and/or ending whatever the cause is, correct?

If so, each of you have come to Freedom City and found yourself (either immediately or by making your way there) in a heavy storm where at least Captain Thunder and Dr. Metropolis are involved in minimising damage and/or ending whatever the cause is, correct?

Yeah, that seems to be the most common transmission method. Cyrith and I seem to have come across without a storm (but still a sharp discontinuity that we noticed IC, even if we didn't know what it meant). Feel free to write yourself in at any location. I assumed that Nightshyft was west of Ocean Heights and that Cyrith was driving up from the south (and of course, that Lilac and Barnum are at Millennium Comics, as featured in Time of Vengeance).

Yeah, that seems to be the most common transmission method. Cyrith and I seem to have come across without a storm (but still a sharp discontinuity that we noticed IC, even if we didn't know what it meant). Feel free to write yourself in at any location. I assumed that Nightshyft was west of Ocean Heights and that Cyrith was driving up from the south (and of course, that Lilac and Barnum are at Millennium Comics, as featured in Time of Vengeance).

I had myself show up in my analog's clothes and things, but it's just as good to show up with the things you had in the real world. This isn't exactly explicable, so there could be multiple different behaviors. So far, we've had a lightning storm, snow storm, roller coaster (shades of the D&D cartoon :) ), and driving along the turnpike bring folks here.

I had myself show up in my analog's clothes and things, but it's just as good to show up with the things you had in the real world. This isn't exactly explicable, so there could be multiple different behaviors. So far, we've had a lightning storm, snow storm, roller coaster (shades of the D&D cartoon :) ), and driving along the turnpike bring folks here.

Plans? We don't need no steekin' plans!

More seriously, I was hoping to get people at least paired up fairly quickly, just because that gives the best opportunity for interaction. While any of us can play any NPCs we wish, it is more fun to have your alter ego interacting with someone else's. By golly, that's almost social! I was somewhat assuming that some people wouldn't be replacing analogs. That's why I established that I have an apartment, so that the people who just appear out of nowhere have a place to crash while we figure out IC what has happened.

I'm also expecting that I'll be the last one to discover that I have superpowers, so if any of you wish to start using your powers "uncontrolled", that'd provide some good information (i.e., we find out that the Terminus has changed us).

More concrete plan: We've got six folks crossed over now, and they're in two pairs and two singles. Sean just started; Joe still has yet to go for a swim. I'm hoping that Tony and I can run into Joe; you and Lila run into Sean, and then the two groups meet through something like "Sean is sent to ASTRO Labs to interview Dr. Macleod, and James and Sean recognize each other from our forum pics."

More seriously, I was hoping to get people at least paired up fairly quickly, just because that gives the best opportunity for interaction. While any of us can play any NPCs we wish, it is more fun to have your alter ego interacting with someone else's. By golly, that's almost social! I was somewhat assuming that some people wouldn't be replacing analogs. That's why I established that I have an apartment, so that the people who just appear out of nowhere have a place to crash while we figure out IC what has happened.

I'm also expecting that I'll be the last one to discover that I have superpowers, so if any of you wish to start using your powers "uncontrolled", that'd provide some good information (i.e., we find out that the Terminus has changed us).

More concrete plan: We've got six folks crossed over now, and they're in two pairs and two singles. Sean just started; Joe still has yet to go for a swim. I'm hoping that Tony and I can run into Joe; you and Lila run into Sean, and then the two groups meet through something like "Sean is sent to ASTRO Labs to interview Dr. Macleod, and James and Sean recognize each other from our forum pics."

I've updated the first post to make the transition a little more telling. I think it may have been a little too smooth. If you're interested, here's what I added so you don't have to go over the whole thing:

"...On the way up, a strange thing happened - the elevator stopped and lost all power. Everything went black for a moment, but Sean didn't have time to worry as he felt as if he'd been kicked in the stomach. He held his lower abdomen, doing his best not to spill his food or, more importantly, his coke. After a few moments, it all seemed to pass - the lights in the elevator came back on and physically, Sean felt much better. He looked at the coke and remembered his New Years resolution to go easy on the stuff - he answered the memory by taking a swig of the black gold as the elevator began is rise once again."

I've updated the first post to make the transition a little more telling. I think it may have been a little too smooth. If you're interested, here's what I added so you don't have to go over the whole thing:

"...On the way up, a strange thing happened - the elevator stopped and lost all power. Everything went black for a moment, but Sean didn't have time to worry as he felt as if he'd been kicked in the stomach. He held his lower abdomen, doing his best not to spill his food or, more importantly, his coke. After a few moments, it all seemed to pass - the lights in the elevator came back on and physically, Sean felt much better. He looked at the coke and remembered his New Years resolution to go easy on the stuff - he answered the memory by taking a swig of the black gold as the elevator began is rise once again."