Stat Yourself [Elseworlds/What If?] [OOC]

Heridfel

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pelle, that's an awesome use of dramatic editing. I heartily approve. I'll be taking that advice tout-suite.

The robots will be attacking after we've all had one turn (thankfully, destroying the robot on its first go meant that it spent its next turn making more of the mini-bots.

Pelle, that's an awesome use of dramatic editing. I heartily approve. I'll be taking that advice tout-suite.

The robots will be attacking after we've all had one turn (thankfully, destroying the robot on its first go meant that it spent its next turn making more of the mini-bots.

It's the beginning of the month, and therefore, I wanted to post about how I intend to do XP for this collection of threads. This post will go in the OOC portion of both of the Elseworlds/What If? threads.

Everyone who has posted IC during the month gets 5 pp. Anyone who has fewer than 60 pp (the maximum number, based on the 45 pp PL 3 and the 10 pp power template) gets an additional 2 pp. These pp are not restricted in how they can be spent in terms of powers or regular abilities, with the following caveat. I still am trying to keep the tight focus that I described at the start for powers, so that may limit the powers gained. Additionally, a character may have no more than its PL in Alternate Powers. This means that a character could have one main power and 3 APs at most at this point.

Depending on your character's theme, you may have more than one "main power". You're still limited to 3 APs over the whole set of them.

Finally, you may want to take time IC to gain the use of some of these pp. For example, I will start working out now that I'm in Freedom City and working with a bunch of new superheroes, so I'll be going to Strength 11 after a time jump (which will probably happen a bit after all the groups get together).

It's the beginning of the month, and therefore, I wanted to post about how I intend to do XP for this collection of threads. This post will go in the OOC portion of both of the Elseworlds/What If? threads.

Everyone who has posted IC during the month gets 5 pp. Anyone who has fewer than 60 pp (the maximum number, based on the 45 pp PL 3 and the 10 pp power template) gets an additional 2 pp. These pp are not restricted in how they can be spent in terms of powers or regular abilities, with the following caveat. I still am trying to keep the tight focus that I described at the start for powers, so that may limit the powers gained. Additionally, a character may have no more than its PL in Alternate Powers. This means that a character could have one main power and 3 APs at most at this point.

Depending on your character's theme, you may have more than one "main power". You're still limited to 3 APs over the whole set of them.

Finally, you may want to take time IC to gain the use of some of these pp. For example, I will start working out now that I'm in Freedom City and working with a bunch of new superheroes, so I'll be going to Strength 11 after a time jump (which will probably happen a bit after all the groups get together).

I just spent one of my two HP (including the bonus from Luck) to get Interpose for a round and use it against the first attack that would have gone against Tony. It looks like the other robot will hit Joey; James'll probably spend an action to try to do something to help him if he can.

I just spent one of my two HP (including the bonus from Luck) to get Interpose for a round and use it against the first attack that would have gone against Tony. It looks like the other robot will hit Joey; James'll probably spend an action to try to do something to help him if he can.

Ok, Joey is giving Tony a +2 circumstance bonus to climb back up out of the pit and eliminates the chance of a failure of 5 or more on the DC 10 Climb check meaning that Tony would fall backwards. It's a move action to climb back up, so Tony will still have a standard action (though he'll also be prone unless he stands up with another move action).

Meanwhile, it's three robots vs. James. I'm not sure if I like these odds... heh.

Ok, Joey is giving Tony a +2 circumstance bonus to climb back up out of the pit and eliminates the chance of a failure of 5 or more on the DC 10 Climb check meaning that Tony would fall backwards. It's a move action to climb back up, so Tony will still have a standard action (though he'll also be prone unless he stands up with another move action).

Meanwhile, it's three robots vs. James. I'm not sure if I like these odds... heh.

You're lucky you didn't fall in. Also, you're lucky that we don't know exactly what you said. After all, we're still PG on the chat. :)

I succeeded on the Toughness save, but since I lack the superhuman toughness that some heroes have, that just means I rolled with the blow and have a decent resistance to being hit. There's still going to be a mark there, and it's clear that I'm not Tank Boy. I'm just lucky that I'm not stunned.