Stat Yourself [Elseworlds/What If?] [OOC]

Heridfel

This is where I'll keep the OOC thread for any threads that come up from this game.

First, let me go over what I have planned for this. We're playing ourselves, with superpowers, in Freedom City. This isn't the same Freedom City as the main chat, so we don't have to worry about running into the heroes and villains that we play here. IC, we know that we're in Freedom City, a comic book world. We don't know that we're playing ourselves in an RPG. Therefore, you might know secrets IC from having read Freedom League #13, where you learned that the true intentions of the Cabots, but you wouldn't know Captain Thunder's game stats. If you have Paragons, they have a short section in that book where they describe the sort of thing I'm going for. Deadpool, not RPG humor.

Even though I'm the guy starting this, this isn't going to be refereed by me. We're just making up a story as we go, and I don't expect to need to worry about rules very much. If situations come up, we can discuss them in the OOC thread and come to an agreement there. The point is that we're all working together, not separated into referees and players.

There's one rule I'll put into place here that's not by-the-book. I'm saying that Devices and equipment aren't subject to PL limits. If you get a shotgun, you aren't incapable of using it properly just because you're PL 3. None of us will start with Devices, but who knows where the story will go?

I'll make the first post, and I'll make sure to leave a hook for the second person to come in. After that, we'll figure out ways to get all the people here as we go. Let's have fun! :)

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is where I'll keep the OOC thread for any threads that come up from this game.

First, let me go over what I have planned for this. We're playing ourselves, with superpowers, in Freedom City. This isn't the same Freedom City as the main chat, so we don't have to worry about running into the heroes and villains that we play here. IC, we know that we're in Freedom City, a comic book world. We don't know that we're playing ourselves in an RPG. Therefore, you might know secrets IC from having read Freedom League #13, where you learned that the true intentions of the Cabots, but you wouldn't know Captain Thunder's game stats. If you have Paragons, they have a short section in that book where they describe the sort of thing I'm going for. Deadpool, not RPG humor.

Even though I'm the guy starting this, this isn't going to be refereed by me. We're just making up a story as we go, and I don't expect to need to worry about rules very much. If situations come up, we can discuss them in the OOC thread and come to an agreement there. The point is that we're all working together, not separated into referees and players.

There's one rule I'll put into place here that's not by-the-book. I'm saying that Devices and equipment aren't subject to PL limits. If you get a shotgun, you aren't incapable of using it properly just because you're PL 3. None of us will start with Devices, but who knows where the story will go?

I'll make the first post, and I'll make sure to leave a hook for the second person to come in. After that, we'll figure out ways to get all the people here as we go. Let's have fun! :)

Well, there's my first post. In it, I'm replacing my analogue from Freedom City (who apparently works for ASTRO Labs). Other folks can replace their Freedomverse selves, or just appear in the city without actually replacing anyone. I figure that I can come across the second person after they show up, and then we can just go from there. I know it'll be hard to keep this many people together, so we'll probably go to multiple threads once we've established the story. Also, just because I haven't discovered that I have a power doesn't mean that other folks can't. :)

Well, there's my first post. In it, I'm replacing my analogue from Freedom City (who apparently works for ASTRO Labs). Other folks can replace their Freedomverse selves, or just appear in the city without actually replacing anyone. I figure that I can come across the second person after they show up, and then we can just go from there. I know it'll be hard to keep this many people together, so we'll probably go to multiple threads once we've established the story. Also, just because I haven't discovered that I have a power doesn't mean that other folks can't. :)

Sorry, I don't have time for a Cyrith portion of a post right now. I also realized that it's really cold right now, so I'd be fine changing that flawed Water Control into Immunity (cold) if you wanted to go for a dip right now and not freeze bits of yourself off.

Also, separate house rule that I forgot to mention earlier. All Knowledge (popular culture) checks relating to comics can be done untrained (so you're not limited to DC 10 knowledge, even if you don't have any ranks). Bailey and Lila, if you don't recognize those names already, you could make a check to get more information.

Sorry, I don't have time for a Cyrith portion of a post right now. I also realized that it's really cold right now, so I'd be fine changing that flawed Water Control into Immunity (cold) if you wanted to go for a dip right now and not freeze bits of yourself off.

Also, separate house rule that I forgot to mention earlier. All Knowledge (popular culture) checks relating to comics can be done untrained (so you're not limited to DC 10 knowledge, even if you don't have any ranks). Bailey and Lila, if you don't recognize those names already, you could make a check to get more information.