Fisticuffs 2: This time, it's not Fisticuffs 1

Geez3r

Actually, in retrospect and considering (and as much I need more threads to post in), this isn't really the thing for James sadly. So will bow out.

fyi, if Fulcrum is going in (and hasn't found a way to stop her energy bit), DS will be there floating quietly/invisibly (not going to have him join as they would be boring as hell to post... ;) but still.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who would Grim fight, assuming she joined up, and would she get to use her full powers? Because I could see her wanting to strut her stuff full out, since her last public fight still leaves a bad taste in her mouth :x

OK, so here's the potential fight roster. If I forgot anyone, or if anyone would like to see a different match, speak now or forever hold your peace.

Gossamer vs Carbon

Divine vs Wesley

Lukos vs Avenger

Wander vs Dead Head

Jack of All Blades vs Dynamo

Mongrel Angel vs Fulcrum

Rycon vs Geckoman

I think this setup is good. Pairing Rycon with the Gecko is probably a smart idea, because if memory serves, Geckoman doesn't meet all of his PL combat caps meaning Rycon stands the best chance of actually competing against him.

I am also interested to see how the Jack v. Dynamo fight turns out. Two fragile speedsters going at it? That might take a while :P

I do have a few questions though. Grim mentioned the prospect of going all out. From the subtitle, "It's no Fisticuffs 1," I am guessing that this will in fact likely be a full power event, yes? Just wondering how badly I'm going to get my ass kicked by Avenger :P

In physical terms, will there a ring? Or is it more of an Arena? A combat room? How much room will combatants have to move and fight? This doesn't concern Lukos as much since he's more of a toe-to-toe guy, but it will be a concern for those fighters that like to fly or run about.

This is a no holds barred, kick the ever living crap out of each other slug-fest. I would talk about the rules, but I'm not supposed to talk about the club.

The arena of choice is an abandoned Circus Maximus arena, quite possibly the same one Malice and Captain Knievel used in Manly Metal Mania a long time ago. The ring itself is octagonal in shape and probably about 60ft from one end to the other, the ceiling is roughly 80ft high. There are 2-3 dozen rows of seats circling the main ring that would have been used by the audience. Now due to the fact that the arena (along with most of the city) got trashed during the Invasion, the arena has seen better days. As of right now, nothing fancy is working, meaning there are no force fields to keep the fighters in the ring should they want and/or be forced out. There are also bits of rubble, broken I-beams and even an upturned van scattered across the arena. The arena was picked because it's away from private eyes and functional enough for your purposes, not because it looked pretty.

Okay, based on all the stuff I'm reading, I do want Grim to participate;; either I can do seperate posts for each, with their names clearly bolded at the top (assuming refs are okay with this) or one can leave the fights as the other arrives.

Who should she fight, though?

I think this setup is good. Pairing Rycon with the Gecko is probably a smart idea, because if memory serves, Geckoman doesn't meet all of his PL combat caps meaning Rycon stands the best chance of actually competing against him.

Well, yes and no. He's undercapped for a PL10, but is a fair whack over PL 6 caps.

So I had the genius idea last night while drinking that Geez3r should run all the fights simultaneously, then use some sort of ref-like magic to paste all the threads back to back into one thread once finished so that they flow from fight 1 to fight 2 to fight 3, etc.

Cus geez3r needs eight more threads to run at once LOL.

Seriously its a good plan for keeping the thread from taking forever fisticuffs had 3 fights and was pretty dang long. I think the best way for counting etc is to just copy a link to the next fight to the end of each thread.

If Geez3r is nuts enough to run that many threads concurrently. Since they are PvP they won't take alot of posts but will take alot of rulings, so he also won't get much in the way of posts for it (other than the one dynamo is in)

Sure she can join up. Also, technically each bout is happening at different times, one right after another. Everyone will be ring side for all the fights. We're just breaking it apart so they'll hopefully move faster. The thinking was that running 8 fights at once would go quicker than 8 fights in a row.

The problem I see is that there really isn't a good match up else where. MA and Fulcrum are pretty much the only ones that can fly, so they have to fight. Lukos vs Avenger & Wander vs Dead Head has to happen. Rycon and Geckoman are similarly matched. We have the following remaining

Gossamer vs Carbon

Divine vs Wesley

Jack of All Blades vs Dynamo

Wesley's the only one left that's close in PL to Divine that has a DC and Toughness tradeoff.

Even if Carbon gets to transform first, which seems fair, his max Attack is +6, right? He'd only be able to hit Jack on a natural 20. Granted, with the right Enhanced Feats and transformation he could probably bring those chances up a little, but it'd still be pretty one sided.