Dynamo

Geez3r

Ya know, things just got crazy. A few weeks ago I was just joe someguy. Now I'm a super hero.... kind of. See I got all these cool powers and everything, and I'm not gonna knock it, its a totally sweet gig, but I have no idea what the heck I'm supposed to be doing. Captain Thunder's a bit too busy fighting alien invasions and weird crap like that to write a book on "How to be a super hero"; trust me I've looked in every friggen bookstore I could find. Seriously. No BS, I took the time out and looked through every book store. All of them. That's more work than I did all of freshman year.

See this. This is serious face right here. :Batman:

Like don't get me wrong, there's a few thousand books on the issue. But they're all by Professor Blowhard. Unless his middle name is "I've-legit-been-shot-at-by-someone-hell-bent-on-taking-over-the-world" I honestly couldn't care less what his degree says. Though he would have the most awesome middle name I've ever heard of.

I can't talk to any of my friends either. For one thing, I got the whole secret identity thing going on, and I'm not exactly keen on giving that up. Secondly, all my friends are morons. Don't get me wrong, I love them (no homo) but let's just say they ate a lot of paste as kids. Soon as I left the room they'd get on the phone and call all their buds back home to let them know they're rooming with a super hero, and then invite them up for a kegger.

And then I'd have to endure like a week of them asking really dumb and perverted questions. Like "Dude, can you watch girls running in slow-mo all the time?" They don't get that I'm trying to be serious here. I have gifts now, I have a higher responsibility now. Besides, it gets boring after like the 3rd or 4th hour. Unless there's a really large group. Or unless it's really hot outside. Or... uh what was I talking about again...?

Oh right, the hero business and how I am a clueless idiot. Hrmm... probably should have picked up that "Self Confidence for Dummies" book I saw. Oh well. So I've been running around, wracking my brain with this problem here. I've seen a few super fights, but I didn't want to get too close. I know as soon as they see some strange super that comes out of no where they'll think I'm an enemy. We'll have a misunderstanding, fight it out and then team up to twart some evil scheme or whatever.

The problem with that plan is that I'll get punched in the face. And last I checked, that really sucked. And that was just me and Kevin horsing around back in high school. These people punch tanks. I wouldn't have a face after that. But there is a ray of light. There's these guys, the Interceptors. They're supposed to be out there helping guys like me with this whole hero thing. But not entirely sure they're on the up and up ya know. And how exactly do I go about asking them for help?

"Uh... yeah hi... uhhh... is this the Interceptors? or something? So yeah. I'm uh... E- I mean... Dyanmo. And I'd like to be a hero and stuff... And I heard you could help me out with that. So uhh... yeah."

If there was anyone Eli hated in the world right now, it was Professor Tyson. On Thursday, he had assigned a 8 page paper on the Battle at Stalingrad after everyone had bombed the second midterm. He was going to average the grade on the paper and the midterm together to get the true midterm grade. Eli hated writing paper, but with a spiky "42" scrawled at the top of his exam, getting a fricken D on the poper could be a significant step up. So the paper had to get done, but it didn't stop him from bitching. Especially since the book they were supposed to be reading was dryer than the Saharah.

Eli was disturbed from his studies when a voice came over the PA system "The library will be closeing in 10 minutes." "Christ, I've been in here for 7 hours!" moanded Eli. Eli packed up his stuff and headed out of the otherwise deserted library, heedless of the rapidly forming clouds in the sky.

Campus was dead, not a soul in sight. Ordinarily Eli would have picked up on this, but he was so busy thinking of colorful instults to use on Professor Tyson and various members of his family. Eli was brought out of his tirade when someone dumped a bucket of water over his head. Sputtering, Eli looked around for a culprit, but then he noticed that the sky had opened up. "Only in Freedom." muttered Eli darkly. Eli broke into a run, but gave up after the first couple of steps having already been soaked to the bone.

Eli had sloshed his way halfway across campus when the first lightning bolt struck. It's eerie light throwing the whole of the city into sharp relief in the dead of night. Eli's mind went numb, heart thumping in his chest, too scared to move. The thunder clap that followed cleared that right up. Eli turned and ran as far and as fast as he could. He had no direction, he just knew he wanted to get away. And as the hairs on his head stood on end and he could smell the ozone in the air, he knew he had failed.

Eli blacked out as the bolt of super charged lightning stuck him. It was latter estimated that the bolt that struck Eli carried well over 1,000 kiloamps and roughly 10 terrawatts of voltage (1013 W), which should have been enough to kill everyone touching the water within a mile of Eli. Had this been naturally occurring lightning, it would have shattered every record there was. And yet, somehow not only did Eli survive, but so did everyone else around him.

Eli came to some time later, face down in the mud. He had no idea what the hell just happened. All he did know is that he was cold, wet and in the dirt instead of warm, dry and in bed. That took priority. Eli ran home, and just fell into bed. Wondering why he face planted in the mud would come later.

After a fitful night's rest, Eli got up and took a much deserved shower, or at least attempted to. He turned on the faucet and stood there in the shower waiting for a few moments, no water was coming out. Opening his eyes, Eli saw a very strange sight. The water was indeed flowing, but it was doing it in slow motion. He stuck his hand out, and was able to maneuver it between the individual drops of water. Just as his mind was catching up to what the heck was going on, electricity arced between his finger tips. "Dude." breathed Eli dumbfounded. Then all of a sudden, the water started going full speed again, and splashed him right in the face. He was so taken aback by this he tripped over his own feet, falling on his butt.

To him, the next couple of days felt like months. Well just because he was able to do so much really. That 8 page paper? It was done in an hour, including the time spent reading that incredibly dry book. He even got an 86 on that paper too, pretty darn good. He went around and read all of his text books so that he would get it done and out of the way so he never had to worry about any of the reading assignments ever again.

That however didn't really pan out. On Monday he got a pop quiz in his chemistry class. Even though he had read the chapter a few hundred times over the weekend, it seemed as if none of the information stayed in his noggin. Apparently, he couldn't retain any info he got at high speed. Which quite frankly sucked. He'd have to do everything in slow motion for it to have lasting value. So he'd do that for his major courses, but the core were gonna be put on the easy button menu.

Now Eli had time for extra curricular's and interacting with the student body as a whole. That was resume talk for going to every major party he could find. One of the main items on the combo platter of powers Eli had gotten was a metabolism that could drink even the heartiest jock under the table, and be able to walk straight the next day. A fact he felt it prudent to study intensively, in the name of science of course.

And then there was the eyes. Eli hadn't quite hit the jack pot, that was solidly reserved for X-ray vision. But Eli had found that he could see a hell of a lot farther than he had even though possible before. He could see people clearly from across the stadium as if he was sitting right next to them. And the fact that he could ratchet up the speed at any time meant he could catch some really... interesting slow mo shots from across campus.

But despite all that, Eli came to realize he had a much higher calling for his gifts. It came in the form of Maddie Hinx, a girl at Freedom College. Maddie never fit into any clubs or clicks. Never pretty enough for the popular kids, never smart enough for the nerdy kids, and never rich enough for the spoiled kids. She felt like she didn't fit in anywhere. So she decided to end it. She climbed up to one of the highest buildings on campus and jumped off.

Eli witnessed this from in one of his classes. He jumped from his chair, ran out of his class room, out of the building, across campus, to the building Maddie had jumped from, ran up the side of the building, caught her and brought her safely back onto the roof. He scrawled a note to Maddie, leaving it in her hand before darting off back to class and retook his seat before anyone was the wiser. Maddie climbed down from the roof with a renewed sense of purpose. Last Eli heard, she was running for student council. He saved a life that day, and it felt good. It felt right. He had a purpose now, and it was exciting.

So finding a super-persona is actually really, really hard. Especially when your shtick is already taken. Johnny Rocket and Bolt were both a lot more famous than Eli was, or ever hoped to be. Heck, Bolt even had some of his electric powers. How would he differenciate himself from some of Freedom's most iconic super heroes? What would his gimmick be?

As it turns out, Eli decided on the fact that he didn't have a gimmick. He was who he was, take it or leave it. He had great powers bestowed upon him and he was going to use them to help people. Not because of what people before him did and what people after him might do but because this was a good fit for him. He went with a simple white costume with red gloves and boots (to combat the blue the two aforementioned speedsters wore) and a jagged exlcamation point in the center of his chest. The name came much later, but for now, he just wanted to make everyone know that this was someone new. Not a copy, not a wannabe, but rather someone who is going to make a difference in this world.

NEED TROPES!

Super Hero - Duh

Super Speed and of course the Required Secondary Powers

Lightning Can Do Anything - Origin story.

Changing Clothes is a Free Action

And I Must Scream - What happens if he's hit with a Paralyze effect with the Electrical descriptor.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... aneUtility - He's got far more time than he knows what to do with.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... heFireball - Highest Relfex on the Boards + Evasion 2 = GTFO

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... xOrLeather - Spandex comes standard with super-speed

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... FreeAction - Only if he doesn't mind the fact that people can't process the information that fast.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... continence - Zap him with Electricity and Dynamo can't stop.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... nPotential - When you've got nothing but time to think, this is gonna pop into your head at some point.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... stInsignia - Double Subversion. He's got one, but it doesn't stand for anything.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... etIdentity - Check

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AchillesHeel - He can dodge anything he sees coming. But he's easily distracted and blinded.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... tandsStill - Again with getting zapped by lightning.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... dStupidity - Subverted, Dynamo's just an idiot.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... ingBruiser - The Definitive example.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ShoutOut - Eli East seriously.

(1)Well I think the first thing our viewers might want to know is why you decided to become a hero.

Well Jack, it’s actually a decision I made only recently. It’s not because I was doin anything bad or nothing, don’t worry. Like don’t get me wrong here brosef, when I first got my powers I was all like “dude this is fricken sweet.†I was just enjoying the ride man. But then, something happened. I saw a girl, just right about my age, jump off the top of a building, she was trying to off herself. I saved her quicker than a normal person could blink dude. No one even saw me move.

Dynamo took a moment to collect himself before continuing. It hit me real deep man. There is so much more I could be doing. I’ve got all the time and the ability to help pretty much every person I meet. Like, I couldn’t look at myself if I didn’t do everything in my power to help them.

No offense but I think that response was a lot deeper than our viewers were expecting.

What can I say there broheem? I’m a complicated dude.

(2) Apparently. Alright, next question and this one’s a two parter. How did you get your costume and what does it represent?

Well actually I made the costume. One of my girl friends, well friends that happens to be a girl (Dammit), really knows how to sow. She didn’t do it for me, but I’ve watched her do it enough times that I was able to fumble through it… eventually. Pricked the hell out of my fingers though. Dynamo took off one of his gloves and showed that his hand did in fact have a few prick marks on it.

And as for the next part of your question, right now, it only means that I’m not anyone else. I went with the red and the exclamation point to differenciate myself from the speedsters we got in Freedom. Don’t misrepresent; I ain’t knockin Rocket or Bolt, I got nothing but respect for them, but I ain’t them.

(3) Well thatll segue into my next question, are there any lady friends in your life?

We'll put it this way: I don't have a girl friend, just a friend that would get really mad if they heard me say that. Props to Mitch Hedberg btw, rest in peace bro.

(4) You mentioned the other heroes like Rocket and Bolt earlier. How do you think you measure up to them?

Well, truth is, they both have a lot more experience than I do, even Bolt. And they're both close with the Freedom League so its not like its hard for them to seek out advice if they need any. Now, I'm gonna catch some flak for this, but I think that in a flat race against them, I think I could take em. Not sure bout much else though.

(5) Strong words, but not necessarily wrong. You're going to have to put your money where you mouth is one of these days. But, changing gears a little, who would you say your biggest role model is?

Oooohhh, toughie. I'd like to say it's all of the heroes. I know that totally seems like a cop out, but be serious here. It's like you open up a suitcase full of money and say pick your favorite Benjamin. All I can think of saying is "Can I pick all of them?" No matter how they do it, all these people put their lives on the line to help people out day in and day out without asking for anything in return. How can you differentiate and quantify something that's priceless bro?

(6) Alright. Another hard one, what's your biggest fear?"

Aw, dude! Breaking my balls here. But seriously... Not being able to slow down. Like dude, that's nightmare fuel right there. That'd be like living forever without ever having anyone to talk to.

(7) Continuing our talk on short comings, is there any skill you don't possess, but wish you did?

Jeez, gonna rag on me the whole time here bro? Uhhh... wish I knew a bit more about computers, considering that for my major, but some of that techno speak just goes right over my head. But that's why I'm going to college. That's the one thing they can't take away from ya. So stay in school kids! says Dynamo as he points at the screen and gives a cheesy smile and thumbs up.

We've ragged on you a bit so far tonight-

All in good fun.

(8) Of course. Now, before the interview, we had asked our audience a bunch of questions they wanted us to ask you. Now, you've been spotted all over the globe in the past couple of weeks, I expect it to be a morning jog for someone like you. But what is the most wonderous natural landmark you've seen?

Dynamo leans forward in his chair a bit to deliver his next shpeel. I don't know how I could ever possibly rank one above another. But the first one that I saw that I was all like in awe of and stuff was like that Grand Canyon that they got out West. Dude... seriously, you gotta check that **** out. It stopped me dead dude. Like I sat out there so long, with my jaw up all on the floor that I got sun burnt man. See it before you die, especially that glass horseshoe dooflickus they got out there.

(9) Alright, next viewer question: Which hero are you most attracted to?

Oh gawd.... umm... wow that's like, yeah. I mean you've seen the outfits they wear and -- Uh. I mean, I view them all as peers who play a vital role in the defense of our fine city. *cough*

Jack had to take a break for a few minutes to regain his composure after that last answer.

Well after that little answer there how about we go with an easier question this time?

"Yeah that'd be good." *Cough*

(10) Is there any super power you wish you had, and would you give up your current ones to get it?

"I'd like to try on the flying brick combo platter they got doing one day, but to be perfectly honest, I think I hit the super powered lottery broheem. I mean, seriously I can get soo much done now. It's hella easier to balance RL and this super stuff when I can get stuff done in between blinks."

(11) Now, this one isn't an audience question, but rather one of my own. Has anyone every told you you use the word "bro" far too often?

"I had a nickle for every time I've said bro, I'd have enough to build a replica Freedom City made entirely out of chocolate, weekly."

(12) Are there any downsides to your powers that you care to mention?"

"Well, my metabolism is completely off the charts, I feel like I spend half of my day stuffing my face. Paying all the bills for that stuff ain't exactly fun neither. All you can eat buffets hate my guts. Though I like heading out to the Midwest where they got those like 4 pound burgers and if you can eat the whole thing its free."

(13) Last of the audience questions here: Are you a Republican or Democrat?

"Neither. My system is checking off whoever I don't know on the ballet. I figure we need some new blood up in Congress there. If I have no idea who you are, then you get my vote."

(14) How do you expect that to change anything? You don't even know anything about the candidates.

"Implying that any useful information is given out during the campaign. Both sides color themselves to appeal to the largest demographic. I ain't blaming them, that's how the system is set up to work. If I want them to change, I got to take away the incentive."

(15) So does that you don't like the government?

Winston Churchill once said that democracy is a terrible form of government, but it's the best we've got. I like the government, it does a lot of things really well. But then it makes its flaws stand out even more. If people would just put a little more effort into a few key areas, we could be much better. I'm not here to say that the government's wrong bro, it's just that they need a little guidance from time to time. As citizens, we should be the ones giving that guidance.

(16) What needs the most guidance in your opinion?

"Well everyone's talking about health care now and days. That's one of the simplest things to solve. If everyone go outside every once in a while and ran around, we'd be healthier, that'd drive obesity down and we wouldn't have to spend so much money treating it. I grew up in the sticks man, not nothing around for miles. I ran around outside every day, all day. I come to the city here, and no one does that man. Ain't nobody know their neighbors. It's just sad to me brosef.

(17) What was it like growing up in a small town?

"I can't really answer that. I only know what it was like for me. Like you know everyone and everyone knows you. That can be a blessing and a curse. You can get a reputation for one thing or another and no one will let you live it down, ever. But at the same time, people won't accidentally insult you or something, and people will know when something bad happens in your life, so they can be supportive.

(18) Any embarrassing stories that you couldn't live down?

"Yes. And that's all you're getting brosef. Though, I will mention that if you need a replacement for a whiffle ball, a bee hive will do in a pinch... so long as you're bright enough to make sure its empty first.

(19) So, you've been living in Freedom for at least a few months now. What are your favorite places in the city to visit or hang out in?

"Oh I love the campuses they've got around here. All of them, FCU, FC, HIT, all of them. But what really takes the cake is Liberty Park. Call me a country bumpkin but I love the green. It feels weird if I see too much black top and concrete at once brosef."

(20) We're just about out of time, so I'm going to leave you with this final question here: Where do you see yourself in 5 or 10 years?

"Heh. I know this'll make me seem like such a complete dork, but I don't care. If, a few years from now, I can see some little kindershnicker on their way to school, and my face is on their lunch box, I'll know I'll have done alright.

Well thank you for stopping in Dynamo. Anytime. We'd like to thank all of our sponsors...

• 4 weeks later...

Potential Power Stunts:

Dynamo, under the tutalage of VINCE, and indirectly Dr. Archeville, has begun experimenting with what exactly his speed can do. They require refining before they can see regular use, but they can be done out of desperation, or a need to show off.

The Tornado

By running in tight circles, Dynamo is able to create a very strong updraft, capable of lifting up very heavy materials. Dynamo is even able to move the tornado across distances, keeping the items aloft. Dynamo can use this trick on water to lift the water up and into the tornado and bring it to where it is needed. This will most likely be put into practice in the even of a fire.

Move Object 13

WHAM!

This is just about the least graceful weapon in Dynamo's arsenal, and quite possibly the most deadly, for all involved. Rather than trying to punch a target as he goes zipping by, in a desperate scenario, Dynamo will run as fast as he can and bodily plow into his opponent. Dynamo will likely only survive this by manipulating the energy generated by the impact and using it to somehow cushion the shockwaves that would otherwise devestate his body. It's not the running that hurts ya, it's the sudden stop.

Immovable 10 Extras: Unstoppable, Speed 5, Enhanced Feat 1 (Ultimate Toughness)

Whirling Cyclone

This ability is when Dynamo whirls his arms around and he is able to generate hurricane force winds which he can use to hurl enemies away from him. Unlike the Tornado mentioned above, this only pushes targets away from Dynamo and does so violently. There isn’t much finesse involved.

Trip 7 Extras: Knockback PF: Accurate 3, Improved Critical 2, Knockback 7

Resonance Field

This is Dynamo’s most complex ability. He combines his ability to move at extreme speeds and his ability to generate electric fields into one potent ability. He uses his ability set up vibrations in the air around him, and uses electrical abilities to modify the molecular bonds, creating a sort of barrier.

Create Object 12 PF: Progression 2

So VINCE had me doing a bunch of stupid tests trying to figure out how fast I am, how fast I process information, all that junk. Now the only reason I'm doing all this garbage (other than the roof over my head and the food in my stomach) is that VINCE made all the tests sound really cool, but I forgot how long it would seemingly drag on for me. Now most of the tests aren't bad. They're stupid menial work, I can kinda turn my brain on auto pilot and just do it without feeling like I'm sitting there forever. Like one of the tests he's got me doing is trying to figure out a password.

Alls I got to do is just punch in one alphanumeric phrase after the other until I get the right one. Now because VINCE has been all programed for Science! and the like, he wants a sample size. Meaning my ass ain't moving from that chair for a while. I understand the reason for it, sometimes I just plug in the right combination by sheer luck a few minutes (relative to me) before I do on the next test or the previous test.

The first couple of days weren't so bad, I kept melting all the key pads, so I got off early. Took me quite a few tries to figure out how to now pass friction off to the pad, I finally got it though. I usually didn't have a problem cuz I would only touch something once, but repeatedly punching on the keys would totally mess them up.

That test wasn't too bad. I could just kinda zone out and do my thing, one number after another. The test that really got on my nerves was when they gave me a Rubik's cube to solve. That was a complete joke. I spent 10 minutes (real time) beating my brains against the fricken wall and I couldn't get more than 3 sides of the thing solved. If I put my brain on auto pilot, I wouldn't get anywhere. That's only for meaningless tasks where the order I do something in doesn't matter too much. With a Rubik's Cube, order's everything. So I had to at least check in every now and then to see how progress was going. The phrase 2 steps forward, one step back seems like an apt description.

VINCE seemed to think it was pretty darn funny. I wasn't really in a laughing mood. I mean I spent to so long trying to get it right, but I couldn't. That just sucks. Especially because it means I could never actually solve the thing the boring way. But VINCE thought I could do better. So now he's got be doing a bunch of logical reasoning things . Like some sort of IQ test thing. The tests are pretty cool, but they make me feel dumb, and more homework is never a good thing.

• 2 weeks later...

THE HELL Q

Introduction

Who are you? Sum yourself up in one sentence.

I'm the super-fast brosef.

Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or nom de plume?

Bro, brosef, broheem, Zippy, Sparky, Hey You

What is your full birth name?

Eli Wally East

Where do you live?

Freedom City currently

How old are you? What year were you born (if applicable)?

Just turned 20

Physical Traits

What is your gender? If not applicable, please explain.

Dude

How would you describe your heritage?

White

How tall are you?

5'11"

What is your body type?

Slim

Do you have any particular weaknesses, such as allergies or physical disabilities?

Nope.

How do you carry yourself? Are you graceful, or heavy on your feet? Can you be stealthy, do you walk with confidence?

I am Ninja! Okay not really, but I'm quick on my feet.

Describe your skin, eye, and hair color.

Spiky blond hair, baby blue eyes and my skin ain't never seen the sun.

How do you wear your hair, if applicable? Do you have facial hair?

Trying to grow a 'stash, but it ain't working.

Do you consider yourself attractive? Do others?

Darn skippy.

Do you have any scars, tattoos, piercings, or birthmarks?

Scar on my calfs from running through a briar bush.

Do you resemble anyone famous?

Not really no.

Do you have a dominant hand?

Right.

What kind of clothing do you wear?

I run the gambit from preppy to slacker.

Do you wear makeup?

Nope.

What is your vocal range? Is your voice distinctive in some way?

I got a pretty average voice. But I can tweak the tone a bit by talking faster or slower.

Do you have any distinctive habits, nervous tics, or mannerisms? Where did they come from, and what causes them? Do other people notice and remark on these habits? Do they annoy you or other people?

My ability to insert brosef in most of my sentences seems to grate on people, but they ain't in an understanding me.

History

Where do you come from?

Maple Grove, New Your. It's upstate.

Have you made any major moves, or do you live in your hometown?

Still call it home, but I'm seriously considering moving into Freedom permanently.

Do you feel loyal to your country of citizenship? Do you consider yourself patriotic? How do you feel about the government of your country?

Uh yeah, I just barely passed Social Studies, and my roomie is a criminal justice major, I defer all comments on government to them.

How do you feel about the place you come from?

I like it a lot. I think there's a few things the big cities could learn a lot from this.

Where is your home town? What was/is it like?

Small rinky dinky place. And I mean small. Everyone knew absolutely everyone.

Growing up, were most of the people you knew similar to you, or were you somehow a minority? How did that affect you?

Everyone was white. According to Jack, it made me a bit racially incensitive.

Is there something you've always been really good at or really bad at? How has that affected your life?

I could always run circles around people, I just suddenly got alot better. Also really good at cramming.

Were there any traumatic experiences in your early years (death of a family member, abandonment, orphaned at an early age)?

Nope, I've lead a good life so far.

What stupid things did you do when you were younger?

It'd be easier for me to say what I didn't do.

Where did you go to school? How much school did you have, and did you enjoy it?

Went to Maple Grove high, and I'm currently attending Freedom College. I'm having a blast. Not sure what I'm gonna major in though.

Do you have any mementos of your childhood? What are they, and why did you keep them? If you have none, why not?

I'm sure my mom's got a box back home full of all my junk. I ain't really kept any of that stuff though. I can take the memories with me just fine.

When did you decide to become a hero? Why? Did anyone influence you one way or another in the decision?

When I saved Maddie from committing suicide. This was all one way.

Is the reason you give people for becoming a hero different than your real reason? If so, why?

Nope, I'm pretty honest about that.

Do you have any deep, dark secrets in the past that may come back to haunt you?

Nope. Ain't no skeletons in my closet.

Do you represent yourself as being different from who you really are? Why?

Not really. I should probably work on that.

Do you have any sort of criminal record? If so, is it public knowledge?

Only "youthful offender" stuff.

Family

What are your biological parents' names?

Mary and Derrick.

Were you raised by them? If not, please explain and describe who raised you.

Yeppers.

What was their standing in the community? What did/do they do for a living?

My mom was a school teacher, my dad had a small farm.

Where are your parents now?

Still back home.

Did your family stay in one area or move around a lot?

Stayed there my whole life.

How did you get along with their parents? How do you get along with them now (if applicable).

Pretty good, we got on each other's nerves, but that's pretty standard for any family.

How do your parents view you now, or how would they?

My mom still thinks I'm her little baby. I've got a heard time getting a read on my dad.

Do you have any siblings? If so how many and what are their names? Describe your relationship with them.

I'm one of five. Got 2 older sisters, Cassie and Mary. And I've got 2 younger brothers, Marten and Kevin. We basically just goof on each other anytime we get together.

Do you love or hate one member of the family in particular?

My uncle Earl is just skeevy as all get out. Dude’s got issues.

Is any member of the family special to you in any way (perhaps, as a confidant, mentor, or arch-rival)?

My grandmother on my father’s side taught me a lot of those small little lessons that you don’t appreciate until later.

Are there any black (or white) sheep in the family (including you)? If so, please explain.

My other Uncle has had an interesting life to say the least. He’s got some good stories so long as you don’t ask too many questions.

Do you have a partner and children currently? If so, please describe them.

No, ladies, I’m single. Rawr.

If you do not have a partner or children, do you want them someday? How firm are you in your opinion on this, and what might change your mind?

Not sure if I could ever really settle down, now especially, but I’d like to. Not sure if I could deal with the rugrats though.

What type of person would be your ideal mate?

Someone with huge… tracts of land. Sense of humor and loyalty are a definite plus too.

Relationships

Do you have any close friends? If so, please describe them, and how you came to be close to them.

As odd as it sounds, I’m coming to think of the Interceptors as my best friends. I know I haven’t known them a while, but I can just be much more open with them than my other friends. I guess zap frying aliens one minute, eating pop corn the next and then going to bed is just a fast track to friendship.

Do you have a best friend? If so, how did they become your best friend? How close are you to your best friend?

I wanna say it’s Jack. Just because we rag on him all the time. I kinda think of him as an older brother.

If you were to go missing, who would worry about you?

I’d think the Interceptors would be worried obviously. I think the first to freak out would be Grim, she’s kinda the mother of the house.

Have you lost any loves? If so, how did it happen, and what did you do?

Um not really. I had a few flings back in high school, but I’ve gotten mature enough to realize they weren’t really serious.

Do you have any bitter enemies? If so, please describe them and their history with you.

Jack’s a good enemy, but I kinda get on his nerves all the time. Like, all the time.

What is the worst thing someone has done to you?

I’d say that trifecta of femme fatales takes the cake.

Where do your loyalties lie? In what order?

I’d say to Freedom City, to the Interceptors and then to myself.

Who or what do you trust the most? Why?

Doc freaks me the heck out, but I gotta believe his heart is in the right place.

Who or what do you despise? Why?

I despise pretty much any sort of religious fanatic. Take it down a notch people.

What qualities do you admire most in other people? Are these qualities you possess?

Helpfulness, openness, honesty and adaptability. I’d like to think I got all of these in spades, but I’m kinda biased.

What qualities do you hate most in other people? Do you have any of those qualities?

Basically anyone who would turn their nose up on people. I’m cocky, but I don’t think I’m a better person than they are.

Do you have a secret identity? If so, who knows it? Do you hide it from people who are close to you? Why?

Yep. Only the Interceptors know about it. I don’t plan on telling my family till I got myself all established. I don’t want them thinking I’m just some rookie tat’s gonna get myself killed.

Do you work well on teams and in groups? Are you a leader or a follower?

I’m basically a follower. I don’t got enough experience to be a leader, but maybe some day that’ll all change.

Are you on a super team? If so, how do you get along with your comrades? Do you trust them, or do you have secrets from them?

The Interceptors. I but head with everyone on occasion, but I think deep down we’re all friends. I don’t know Fulcrum all that well though.

Are you a member of any church, fraternal organization, club, committee, political party, or other group? How much time do you spend on that?

Nope. All my college buddies are in a frat though, but I ain’t signing up for that mess.

Personality & Beliefs

Who are your heroes?

Freedom League and JoAB.

Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances?

No really no. There was that period when they went into hiding in the 90’s I lost faith, but so did most everyone else.

Do you like being a hero? If so, what is the most rewarding part? If not, what makes you keep doing it?

Oh dude, it’s fricken sweet. Just the smile on their faces when they’re thanking you.

Is there anything that would make you give up hero work, or even switch sides?

Hell no!

What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?

I’d like to solo a major villain. Just kinda put my mark on the hero scene.

What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?

I know it sounds corny, but I’d love to be the leader of the Freedom league.

What is your greatest fear? Why? What do you do when something triggers this fear?

Not being able to slow down. It’s be living forever alone. Freak the hell out.

Is there anything you would give you life for?

Protecting the city or even the world.

How do you feel about money and material wealth? Do you desire it or disdain it? Are you miserly with what you have, or do you like to share? Is it a mark of success, or a means to an end?

Besides paying the food bills, I aint really given it much thought ya know. Just kinda hoping it’ll all take care of itself.

How do you generally treat others?

Like bros.

Are you a trusting person? Has your trust ever been abused?

I’d like to think I trust people, but I’m smart enough not to be taken advantage of.

Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)? Do you have a lot of self-confidence?

Really outgoing. I gotta be confident, I wear spandex for a living for crying out loud.

How do you act around attractive, available members of your preferred sex?

I try to get then 7 digits.

What are your most annoying habits?

I don’t shut up and I say bro a lot.

Do you feel contempt for any general category of people? Who are they, and why?

Black people. Okay, not really, I was just wondering if anyone was actually reading this.

What is your favorite food? Do you prefer any particular type of food? Do you take the time to enjoy your food, or do you eat as fast as you can?

Sugar, sugar, caffeine and sugar.

What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)?

Anything delivered via funnel.

What is your favorite treat (dessert)?

Lots of chocolate.

Are there any specific foodstuffs that you find disgusting or refuse to eat?

Don’t really care for seafood.

What is your favorite color? Are there any colors you dislike?

Red’s y favorite. Don’t really care for purple though.

What sort of music do you like? Is there any that you hate?

I somersault between techno and rock.

If you have a favorite scent, what is it?

Whatever perfume that Stesha chick was wearing that day.

Do you have a favorite animal?

Roadrunner.

What is your most treasured possession? Why?

My key to the Underground.

Do you enjoy "roughing it", or do you prefer your creature comforts?

Gimme a hot tub any day.

Is there a job or a task you would absolutely refuse to do?

Anything that hurt more people than it helped.

Do you consider yourself a spiritual person? If so, how do your beliefs affect your life?How important is it to you?

Nope.

Could you kill? Have you killed?

No, and I hope I’ll never have to find out.

What circumstances led to you forming that conviction, or taking that action?

It just seems wrong.

Are there circumstances under which you believe it is permissible to kill? What are they?

Not for me. If I can’t find a way around that position, I shouldn’t be doing this.

How would you react to watching someone kill another person? Would your reaction be different if the killer was a friend or an enemy of yours?

I’d hope I’d react fast enough to stop it, or else it’d plague me for the rest of my days.

How would you react if something important was stolen from you?

Get it back ASAP.

How would you react to public humiliation?

Run awaaaaaaay.

How would you react if a good friend or relative were purposely or accidentally killed? Has it happened to you?

I don’t know if I could handle it

What do you consider to be the worst crime someone could commit and why?

Kidnapping’s gotta be up there. Espeically for young kids. That could just mess them up for their whole lives.

If your life were to end in 24 hours, what five things would you do in those remaining hours?

I could do a lot more in 24 hours than most people, but if I had to chose… 1. If I had’t done it already, I’d fill my parents in on all of it.

2. I’d try to make admends with Erin.

3. I’d write a book about my life.

4. I’d ask Kelly out on a date.

5. I’d like to know what it would be like to fly

Career & Training

Do you have any special training in your hero skills? If so, where and how did you get it?

Yes and no, I’m getting skills from the Interceptors, but I’m still a novice.

Who taught you the most about your heroing abilities? What was your relationship with that person?

Most of my stuff is kinda self taught,

Do you have any particularly unusual skills? How did you acquire them?

Not really unusual, plenty of people have super speed, and I can do a bunch of the same tricks.

Do you do something besides hero work for a living? Have you ever done anything else, or do you plan to?

I go to college full time, but I’m undeclared, don’t know what to does after college.

What is your preferred combat style?

Zoom, zoom butterscotch.

Have you ever received any awards or honours?

No not yet, workin on it though.

What skill areas would you like most to improve in? Is there anything you can't do that you wish desperately you could?

I kind of use solely on speed, I ain’t got much else. I’m thinking of expandind my knowledge to some science fields.

How do you act around people who are more skilled than you in areas you'd like to improve? Are you jealous, or do you try and learn?

I look over their shoulders constantly.

Lifestyle & Hobbies

What is a normal day for you? How do you feel when something interrupts this routine?

Morning routine, go to class, hang out with the Interceptors for a bit before going out on patrol. I’m of two minds when this gets interrupted. On the one hand, something interesting happens, but on the other, it generally involves villains.

Do you have any hobbies, or interests outside hero work? What are they, and where did you pick them up?

Hookers and blow yo.

What do you do for fun?

Whatever strikes my fancy, but usually video games.

Do you have a costume? What does it look like?

Awesome sauce. Mostly white, but red gloves and boots, plus my insignia.

How do you normally dress when not in costume?

Jeans and a T Shirt.

What do you wear to bed most nights?

Boxers.

Do you wear any special jewelry? What is it, and what does it look like?

Nope.

Do you have a special place where you keep your valuables?

The floor works good.

What's your preferred means of local travel? How about long distance?

What do you think?

Miscellaneous

Have you ever made a will, or tried to make arrangements for your death? What provisions did you make?

That’s kinda morbid ain’t it?

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?

My mistake, that’s morbid.

What would you like to be remembered for after your death?

I’d like to be an inspiration to all the kids out there.

Do you believe you pose a threat to the public? Why or why not?

Not at all, I’m a nice dude.

What do you perceive as your greatest strength?

I’m like the fastest bro alive.

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?

Cupcakes.

As a player, if you could, what advice would you give your character? Speak as if he/she were sitting right here in front of you. Use proper tone so they might heed your advice...

The next time you feel like saying “bro†punch yourself all up in your face.

• 4 months later...

So recently my teammates have just started to realize that I've been putting in a lot of work into my studies. From all the formulas and jargon I've been using, it's really started throwing them for a loop. I mean, I go from using "brosef" every other word to understanding complex physics equations and using them in casual conversation in like the 6 months that I've known them. But see the thing is, my 6 months is different from their 6 months. See when ordinary people just sort of zone out, they can miss great swaths of time, time moves faster for them. I've got the opposite problem, when I zone out, I unconsciously start using my powers, time goes slower for me when I zone out.

It's actually why I really started applying myself to math and physics. It's not that it had useful life skills or would be good to know for heroing, but it was because it could keep me busy for a long time. Math was my worst subject in school. If you took all my grades in math they'd spell "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-D" I needed something something hard to eat up hours of my day so I wouldn't have so much time on my hands. But then the worst thing happened: I got good at it. Really good. I'm acing all of my math and science classes without having to speed up to do all the calculations. I can do them normal time. I'm going to have endless hours for the rest of my life, and I don't think I'll have enough things in the day to fill those hours.