"Yeah, maybe." Warren replied to Trevor. He was about to say something else until someone else showed up. He was starting to suspect he had stumbled into a teen drama judging by how everyone was suspiciously good looking. Wonder whats the deal with that...

"Hey, Uh, Thanks." Warren said after shaking marks hand. He looked a Mark for a moment, suspicion lingering in his eyes until it faded. Someone must have called ahead or something...possibly anyway. He quickly bent down and picked up his guitar case. "Sounds like a good plan, need to get myself sorted out still and find some place for my stuff. Walk and talk?" He said as he looked around at everyone around him, seeing if anyone was going to tag along.

Erin shot Trevor a grateful look for diverting the conversation, then breathed a sigh of relief when Mark showed up to take over the tour guide duties. She was out on the front lawn enough that she tended to intercept the new people, but she wasn't really that good at, you know, being social and giving tours and all that. She'd wing it if she had to, but it was a job she'd happily turn over to anyone else. "Mark knows everything about the school," she told Warren, "he's been here longer than any of us, and he knows all the stories."

Trevor gave Erin a subtle nod of recognition before folding his hands behind his back and falling in at the back of the impromptu tour group. His natural inclination was to gracefully bow out of the gathering given the opportunity. Though not uncomfortable around other people per se, he was not a social creature by nature and felt he had little to contribute to Warren's orientation beyond his simple presence. Even so, he'd finished the tune ups he'd wanted to make to his motorcycle before wandering over in the first place, and would only spend the rest of his day cooped up in his dormitory if left to his own devices. Having made a resolution to make new friends at Claremont, it seemed wise to at least make himself available. If nothing else, the lanky teen suspected he could learn a thing or two from observing the gregarious Mark.

Mark was a cheerful, boisterous talker, the sort of tour guide who didn't let his guest worry about needing to make any awkward conversation. As he led the way onto the quad, he talked all about the school's history, dating back to its foundation in the 19th century, right up through the 1990s when the Terminus Invasion nearly wrecked the place. "Then Mr. Summers bought the place, and made it a school for the super-kids." He trusted that the new guy had gotten that speech already. "What powers do you have?" he asked. "Or do you not like to talk about that?"

Warren nodded and took in every detail Mark spoke of as he let the tour go on. He did have to admit,it was somewhat interesting since he didn't know much about the school other than what was advertised on the pamphlet

Then there was the casual mention that the school was for superheros. How the hell do you keep something like that secret? He shook his head and gave himself a mental slap in the face.. He took a breath and hoped he didn't reveal too much

At the mention of this powers, Warren shrugged. "Uh. Well, mostly sound control, some flight and hearing and a bit of tech on the side." he said, raising his guitar case to punctuate the last part of that sentence.

Noting the pause Warren took at Mark's blithe mention of the school's metahuman focus, Trevor leaned forward slightly behind the similarly tall new arrival and solemnly intoned, "Telepaths," sharing his personal theory softly enough that it didn't disturb Mark's continuing spiel. It seemed a logical conclusion; if one's problem was an unusual concentration of powered teens, then making use of those powers was a natural means of turning a weakness into a strength. Of course, there was also the unspoken understanding among Freedom City citizens not to pry too much into the secrets of their metahuman protectors, lest they inadvertently bring about a return to the dark days prior to the Terminus invasion.

"Ooh, neat. We've got a guy here who gets his powers from sound, I'll have to hook you up with him." Mark's pause to let Trevor finish speaking was the only sign he'd noticed anyone else was talking. "I do stuff with probability, it's pretty cool." Not wanting to sound like he was bragging, he introduced them to several passing students, just to give Warren some familiarity with the campus. "Are you rooming on campus?" he asked. "It was in the packet, but I forgot," he confessed with a smile. "If so, lemme show you where you're probably living."

Faith blushed when Mark got close and kissed her. "Hey Mark," was all she could get out. The rest of the group faded away as she happily leaned back on his torso, hearing only what he said. Seriously! Everyone else sounded like the grownups from Peanuts. Everyone except Mark. When he asked what everyone did, she made a point to listen to this. It was always interesting to get new ideas for powers, or what she'd have to make more powerful. When everyone said what they did, she smiled. "I'm a healer and a power amplifier. Though it's all psionics. There's really no limit to what I can do if I put my mind to it."

Warren nodded. "I might look him up as well. Unless his name is Eddie. Heard he has a band so I was gonna check that out." He said with a shrug. He was still trying to wrap around the idea he was surrounded with so many people with superpowers as well as himself. More than a little intimidating, especially with Trevor's mention of telepaths. As if I didn't have enough to worry about.

"Probably gonna end up rooming with someone. Still need to go and get the school schedule and find out which room I'm crashing though." He wasn't sure when this was going to happen, but at least he didn't pack heavy when he came here.

Mark walked Warren up into the Kord dorms, a nice, vaguely collegiate structure with gender-segregated floors, a nice TV and couple of Playstation 3s in the common room, and spacious rooms Warren'd be sharing with another student. "Internet hookup is over there, wireless is over there. Hey, I think you're next-door neighbors with me and Mike," he said, raising an eyebrow. "That'll be fun. Try not and play after nine," he said, "Mike's got superears. Eddie can probably tell you where to find the music people so you can play late, if that's what you do."

• 3 weeks later...

Trevor paid close attention as Mark pointed out the dorm's various facilities; though he'd been at Claremont for a little while, the lanky teen was still learning to find his way around the campus. Seizing upon a momentary lull in the tour, he asked Warren, "What do you play?" Given the new arrival's prominent guitar case, he could only assume that Trevor was inquiring as to his preferred genre or style rather than his instrument of choice.

"huh, never had the chance to play PS3 before." Warren mumbled as mark went on pointing out the various parts the dorm. He made sure they were memorized so he didn't have to ask someone something obvious next time. "Not the only one with the hearing I see. I'll try not to keep him up late." He said with a slight smile.

Soon as Trevor asked, he just shrugged. "Rock and Heavy Metal mostly. Decent enough at both genres."