The Heroes, The Mob, and the Damsel (IC)

Starsign

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"We need to get in there and take care of them. Whatever prototype is in there needs to be given to the authorities. Let's kick some ass."

Rycon turned away from Linda to KC "You're quite the confident... uh... hero," Rycon scratched her head, trying to find a good term for him. "But what about Linda? There could be more thugs after her and I don't think there's a police building anywhere near here." Danielle said she works at a police station in South Freedom, but never mentioned anything about one in West End.

Linda spoke up, "I can show you the way there you can find it south of here, but I'd like you two to stay near me, just in case more do come." Her offer seemed like the best thing that has happened today for Rycon. "Sounds like the best course of action, let's not waste any time." Rycon waves to the two as she starts walking off south, with the two coming close behind.

"Sounds like a plan." KC said, before transforming into human form with a wash of green fire. "There, better? I can, in fact, change back and forth." In the place of the squid there was a 16-year old boy with black hair, a green stripe on the left side of it. He is wearing a black Led Zeppelin shirt, and blue jeans. "Hi." He walks alongside them as we all walk towards the warehouse.

"There, better? I can, in fact, change back and forth."

Rycon looked in shock, not only at how younger she thought KC is, but at what he just did. "Showing off his identity, when we've only known each other for 10 minutes?! Rycon couldn't figure if this guy was carefree, careless, fearless, foolish, or a combination of all four. "...No, I'd prefer you being your alter ego if we're going to be superheroes here." Rycon halfheartedly stated. "You can call me a jerk, I call myself serious.

KC changed back. In a very odd way. An odd groaning noise can be heard from the alley behind them, and it raises to a shriek as the boy changes. For some reason, there are flutes playing, as though the player has gone mad. A wash of green fire ingulfs the boy, and his skin turns a sickly shade of green. Tentacles begin to form on his face, and grow down to his chin. Scales erupt on his arms like a rash, and his T-shirt transforms into the bodysuit he was wearing earlier.

"I learned a spell so I didn't have to change into my costume, it just changes when I transform. Neato, huh?

"So what do they call you, lightning lass?"

"I learned a spell so I didn't have to change into my costume, it just changes when I transform. Neato, huh?"

Rycon was breathing heavily during the transformation, hearing the shriek and flutes and watching the boy transform into the squid that she first saw. Rycon closed her eyes as they walked and relaxed a bit so she was sure she didn't go insane or senile. She looked back at Linda, who had a look of fascination oh her face.

"So what do they call you, lightning lass?"

"Rycon," she didn't like to be called anything other than Ashley, Rycon or Sis (if it's by Danielle). "I took that name afte-"

"That was SO COOL! How did you do that? How did you obtain such powers? are you even human?!" she found herself cut off by Linda who was speaking so fast she wasn't even breathing mid-sentence. Rycon was rather disturbed by Linda's sudden outburst.

"Rycon....cool name. Nice to meet you Rycon." He extended a squiddy hand to her. He smiled at her. She was cute, and badass. A good combination. He hoped she liked him too, the human part of him, at least.

His hand still extended he turned his head to Linda. "Well see, when a squid and a woman love each other very much...."

"Rycon....cool name. Nice to meet you Rycon."

While she was a little icky about shaking hands with a squid, she decided to accept and firmly shook KC's hand, having a small smile on her face in acceptance. She was surprised that his hand wasn't covered in slime.

"Well see, when a squid and a woman love each other very much...."

Rycon's smile immediately broke and she started squeezing KC's hand tighter than normal. You better not be making this up. Who is this squid anyway, and how would your mother fall in love with him? Rycon sprouted those words more slowly than usual, trying to convoy the message that She. Was. Not. Amused.

"Okay, okay. But seriously, my parents were both artists who dabbled in the arcane. When they died, I tried experimenting with magic myself. I summoned something from beyond this plane, and I passed out. When I came to, I could change my form and do magic. That's the real story. What's yours, Rycon?"

KC slowly removed his hand from her iron grip. Ouch.

"Okay, okay. But seriously, my parents were both artists who dabbled in the arcane. When they died, I tried experimenting with magic myself. I summoned something from beyond this plane, and I passed out. When I came to, I could change my form and do magic. That's the real story. What's yours, Rycon."

"That's about as believable as his origin will get," Rycon concluded in her head. "I was born with a brain error in Germany. My body couldn't react with my brain fast enough and as a result, I struggled with communication. At six, me and my father were forced into an operation thatnot only cured my brain issues, but actually upgraded it. I can now create and throw lightning using my mind, I can also teleport around and remember almost any event that happened in the past. For an example, when I was fourteen, my fa- OOF! Rycon started to forget that she wasn't paying attention and walked into brick wall. Both Linda and KC probably didn't want to hear about Rycon's life story anyway.

"Aww, crap, are you okay Rycon? Is your nose bleeding?"

No, it's fine, I'm sturdier than I look." "I wish," Rycon thought.

"Aww, crap, are you okay Rycon? Is your nose bleeding?"

Rycon cursed quietly under her breath, "I never should've said that... It's not something I like to talk about, how about later?" That operation brought back painful memories for her, the fact that she can remember it nearly perfectly didn't make it easier to forget.

Although he may be thick-headed, KC knew when to back off. "Hey, no problem. Whenever you want to talk about it. So what made you want to take up the mask and cape and fight supervillains? It's kind of a mania, you know. Like dissociative personality disorder." KC looked down at his costume. "I mean...bodysuits are expensive. It costs a lot to fight crime. I don't have that kind of money. It's an expensive hobby." As he walked, he traced his finger absentmindedly over the Elder Sign on his chest.

"Hey, no problem. Whenever you want to talk about it. So what made you want to take up the mask and cape and fight supervillains? It's kind of a mania, you know. Like dissociative personality disorder. I mean...bodysuits are expensive. It costs a lot to fight crime. I don't have that kind of money. It's an expensive hobby."

Rycon gave a small chuckle when KC said "dissociative personality disorder," "I know what you mean." She took a deep breath...

"There's the warehouse!"

...Then released in relief as Linda interrupted the conversation. Rycon was glad she didn't have to say anything more about herself, though she liked the company.

The three had their backs against the warehouse walls, just next to the open door, it seemed like no one was home, all the lights were out, only a small blinking light could be seen.

"Okay, you two stay here, if something happens, run away and call authorities. KC, guard Linda well." and before the other two could say anything, Rycon had infiltrated the area.

KC grumbled to himself. "Why does she get to have all the fun..." He looked at Linda. "So what do you do for fun?" As boring as this would be, he was determined to make the best of it. Besides, Linda was cute. And if there was one thing KC was, it was a ladies man, or so he told himself.

"So what do you do for fun?"

"This," Linda just smiled and then snapped a picture of KC with her camera. "I like to take pictures of everything that I find unique, I just forgot about it recently with what's been going on."

Meanwhile, Rycon moved in, staying against the walls so that she might avoid setting off a trap, her breathing was slow and in control. No sweat poured out, she was a calm as a feather without wind.

KC smiled and posed for the picture. "You're a pretty unique girl, Linda. He hoped Rycon was surviving. He was totally going to dash in there if she ran into danger. But for now, he was pleased with talking to Linda. His heart began to beat. What if she was already in trouble?

Rycon was nearing the green light that was at the back of the warehouse, nearing the last corner before a straight path...

*CLICK*

Everything became bright. The lights in the warehouse turned on. KC and Linda peeked into the place to see what happened. Rycon found herself face-to-face with a scientist, tall, confident smile, didn't look like he came from America. He was an immegrent, Russian? No, German. Rycon knew this man.

"You're...!" before the scientist concealed himself and left, Rycon noticed a gun was staring at her head.

*BANG*

KC heard the shot. And ran like hell into the warehouse, throwing open the doors. He is blinded by the gunshot, but as his vision clears he sees a man in a lab coat run out the door. He would have chased the scientist and beat the living shoggoth out of him, but he was already on the floor, checking for a pulse. It was there, but she was unconcious.

She wasn't bleeding, but he decided he would stay with her in case she stopped breathing or anything. He had absolutely no medical experience, so he hoped she didn't die on him, or anything. He would ask her about the scientist later.

Rycon saw white. Then, she saw an image, the ceiling of a building. She found herself strapped to a bed of some sort. Voices coming from the room next door.

"Rycnov, you are not given a choice here, your daughter would be in much safer hands if you paticipated."

"Have you gone mad sir? You know what this will do for the company!"

"You need to understand that there's more at stake here than a simple operation, this is-"

"A simple stepping stone for some government takeover?!"

"You caught on fast, like always. Don't you realize that this can throw away our fallen apart government and restore it?"

"To begin another World War? I refuse!"

"...Rycnov, even the best planned idea won't work, that's why we try. You want to save your daughter, you know it can be done."

"...Fine, let's begin the operation."

Everything goes white again...

As Linda looks over Rycon, she turns to her right only to notice a thug, still, making no sound whatsoever. "Hey, look at this." she calls Kid Cthuhlu over, who just turns his head. She Linda moves closer, she notices the thug twitching, then a sound. "Ugh..." Linda, in shock runs over to a corner of the warehouse and grabs a folding chair. She runs back to the thug, now sitting up, not sure of what's happening right now. Suddenly Linda smashes the chair on the Thug's head, breaking it in half. The thug falls like a lamp, only being conscious for about ten seconds.

As the smash of the chair was heard. All white started to disperse into colors, then a figure. Rycon noticed KC was holding her, but she seemed conferable as is at the moment. She was relieved there was someone else there, as she quietly spoke "I thought I told you to run away..."

"Rycon, are you okay? You scared us for a minute."

Rycon gave a small chuckle, she was never treated like this before, though it did feel comforting. "I'm a little numb, but I think I can stand." She stands up with some help from KC and Linda, she felt better after that. "Did either of you see that man?"

Linda shook her head, "No, it was so bright, I couldn't see anything. All I heard after the shot was a door slamming,"

"Yeah, he scrammed after he shot you. Can you stand up?" KC lifted her up and propped her back against the wall. "I have a feeling we'll run into that guy again." Although he was extremely curious as to who the scientist was, there were more pressing matters to attend to. "We need to look for that prototype, whatever it is."

"We need to look for that prototype, whatever it is."

"You mean this?" Linda pointed at the object that had the flashing green light, which she had just noticed. "Yeah, that's probably it."

It was a piece of body armor, went from the next, to the hips, covering the shoulders. It looked like it was designed for a male, due to it's anatomy. Rycon couldn't recognize the metal type. It wasn't shiny, had a rather dark blue color to it, and seemed to come with an inner layer of a thinner type of metal. Rycon turns to KC and Linda, "Do either of you have an idea of what this is?"