Unearthing the Past - Part One [OOC]

Nyrath

Just for the record, Carbon enters the battle in this form.

Stone

Density 8 (+ 16 Strength; +4 Toughness, Impervious; Immovable 2; Super Strenght 2. Feats: Groundstrike; Mass x8) [25pp]

Enhanced Strength 6 (+6 Strength) [6pp]

Immunity 11 (Life Support, Critical Hits) [11pp]

Super Strenght 1 [2pp]

Protection 5 (Extra: Impervious 4) [9pp]

Vulnerability (Bludgeoning Attacks, Frequency: Very Common, Intensity: Minor [+1 DMG]) [-3PP]

Just to avoid myself more confusion, I'll list his current stats here:

Str: 38 (+14) (Effective strenght: 53)

Grapple: +23

Knockback: -8

Toughness: +14 (+4 Con, +1 Defensive roll, +5 Protection, +4 Density)

Impervious Toughness: 8

Weight: 1520 lbs

Unarmed DC: 29

Now then, let's see.

Black Anubis: Initiative (1d20+2=14)

Warrior Mooks: Initiative (1d20+3=22)

Shadow Infused T-Rex: Initiative (1d20+2=14)

So it goes like this:

Warrior Mooks: 22; Seven / Seven; No status effects

Hellion: 16; Healthy; No Status Effects; 3 HP

Wesley Knight: 15; Healthy; No Status Effects; 3 HP

Black Anubis: 14; Healthy; No Status Effects; No Fiats

T-Rex: 14; Healthy; No Status Effects; No Fiats

Sarah Prescott: 13; Healthy; No Status Effects; 1 HP

Breakdown: 11; Healthy; No Status Effects; 3 HP

Carbon: 5; Healthy; Stone Form; 1 HP

Fulcrum: 3; Healthy; No Status Effects; 1 HP

I'll get an IC post up, in the morning. (Took longer catching up than planned, and a bit RL came in the way.)

The Mooks spring into action (they're good, but still just minions) DC 23 damage for those hit

Round 1: Two attacks vs Carbon; DC 23 (1d20+6=17, 1d20+6=26) - Two hits on Carbon

Round 1: Two Attacks vs Fulcrum (1d20+6=15, 1d20+6=8) - One hit on Fulcrum, but it just bounces off her Impervious skin

Round 1: Two attacks vs Hellion (1d20+6=17, 1d20+6=19) - Two hits on Hellion

Round 1: 1 attack against Sarah Prescott (1d20+6=21) - Can be a hit, depending on the Reflective Field

To quote the book, specifically the first sentence detailing Flatfooted in the chapter on Combat, under the heading of Initiative.

At the start of a battle, before you have had a chance to act (specifically, before your first turn in the initiative order), you are flatfooted.

Simply, but a little counterintuitive if you've come into the system from DnD.

As for what you know about Black Anubis, here it is.

Black Anubis is know to the AlterniTeens and to some insiders in the arcane/magical communities. The would-be god has been investigating Freedom City's magical players, but hasn't been too subtle about it. [information gathered through this avenue reveals] Black Anubis is a conqueror with a scorched Earth policy. He is currently seeking more power to contend with Earth's heroes. He's been strong-arming mystics to follow and worship him and binding ghosts to do his bidding.

Those with an understanding of magic and the different dimensions have heard of Black Anubis and the Shadow Pantheon. They know the displaced gods exist and that the Shadow Pantheon is seeking to enslave worlds. Black Anubis is the weakest member, but he makes up for it by being the most bloodthirsty. Black Anubis has been responsible for destroying a couple of worlds. Indications are he's in Freedom City without the Shadow Pantheons knowledge.

And yes, you're up.

Not quite, since you HP'ed that first one, when you roll your reroll, any die roll of 10 or lower instantly gets 10 added to it (effectively, you cannot roll less than an 11 on a reroll in this way). Therefore your reroll actually got you a 26.

Turns out Im not stunned then and only bruised once. Since I have a health check each turn, its as good as gone.

You may wish to read up on the regeneration rules again, playah. I was confused about it when I first read them. With regeneration: Bruised 1(1 round) like you have, it means you must take a full round action to peel off that damage condition. It does not mean that you simply get to peel off a condition once per round. You would have to buy Regeneration: Bruised 3 (No Action) to have that effect.

First up, something I should already have rolled. Round 1: Miss chance against Sarah Prescott DC 5 (less is a miss) (1d20=15)

Round 1: Reflex Save vs DC 19 (1d20+7=14, 1d20+7=9, 1d20+7=25, 1d20+7=15, 1d20+7=14, 1d20+7=15, 1d20+7=22)

Okay, those who failed the reflex can't make the toughness save, so as good minions they fall down.

Only one those facing Fulcrum and the one by Sarah even have chance at making the Toughness Save Round 1: Toughness vs Hellfire burst (1d20+7=24, 1d20+7=20), which they actually manage to do.

BA; Round 1: Reflex vs DC 19 (1d20+5=24) makes the ref save and Round 1: Toughness vs DC 20 (1d20+12=23) the toughness save as well.

Rex hasn't moved yet, and would in fact have forfeited his Ref save if Hellion was a bit less descriminating. But since he purposefully leaves the museum itself untouched, and Rex still looks fully like an exhibit, I'd say he's untouched.

Warrior Mooks: 22; Two / Seven; No status effects

Hellion: 16; Bruised x2; No Status Effects; 3 HP

Wesley Knight: 15; Healthy; No Status Effects; 3 HP

Black Anubis: 14; Healthy; No Status Effects; No Fiats

Sarah Prescott: 13; Healthy; No Status Effects; 1 HP

Carbon: 5; Bruised; Stone Form; 0 HP

Wesley is up, and so will an IC post be shortly.

That's a hit on the minions, they can't make the save so they fall. Black Anubis just dodges. No, wait, he doesn't. He's not acted yet so his defence is only +7.

Round 1: Toughness vs Wesleys Damage DC 29 (1d20+12=17), Fiating hard now. Take a HP as I just say he dodges. Now get an IC up and I'll see about having the bad guys get to do something.

Warrior Mooks: 22; Two / Seven; No status effects

Hellion: 16; Bruised x2; No Status Effects; 3 HP

Wesley Knight: 15; Healthy; No Status Effects; 4 HP

Black Anubis: 14; Healthy; No Status Effects; 1 Fiat

Sarah Prescott: 13; Bruised; No Status Effects; 1 HP

Carbon: 5; Bruised; Stone Form; 0 HP

Edit: Taar reminded me of Sarah's failed save, thanks.