Cry Havok! IC

The Havok Bots popped up from their cover as midnight engaged his device cutting both the GBN town and their communication. Leveling their blasters at the shadowy hero they released a barrage of searing laser fire. At the last moment Phalanx dropped in front of Midnight the mass of energy not able to pierce his impenetrable skin. With a quick nod, "Keep that up I'll cover you." he said as he stood warily guarding the hero who had so efficiently circumvented HAVOKs plans.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Archeville spared a precious moment to de-cloak himself, so his allies would know where he was (and thus how to best protect him). He was surprised at how big an area Gossamer's hair covered, and even more surprised at Midnight's contribution.

See? I told you they were good!

Bah! Any fool can pump out enough microwave radiation to jam the tower's transmissions, and that Terminus-empowered freak is nothing more than a shield!

He is far more than that... and besides, I would think you would be grateful he -- and Doctor de Havilland -- are shielding you.

Yes, thank goodness she used extra hair spray today....

"Dat... dat is excellent vork, ja,!" the Doktor cheered as he checked Havok's machine and saw its signals were being blocked. He retrieved his Electromagnetic Screwdriver, and turned to the others, "alright, Havok is down, und his device disabled. His robots are still active, but dey should not be much more trouble; main ding is to make sure dey do not carry Havok avay."

The super-scientist quickly turned at looked where he'd deposited the armored megalomaniac, hoping he was still there.

Archeville looked down just in time to see the faceplate of HAVOKs suit spark before a small explosion from one of the damaged systems knocked it aside to clatter tot he ground at his side. As the smoke cleared it was not the visage of the unconscious villain revealed but rather the damaged electronics of some kind of android the mechanized visual sensors pulsing with a dull red light in time with a quiet beeping that slowly built in tempo and volume.

Phalanx's enhanced hearing picked up the sound and he took his attention from the hostage s who now seemed to be coming too in shock and confusion as to why they were on the roof. "That can't be good." the invulnerable youth intoned.

• 1 month later...

"Son of a...," Archeville grumbled as he saw the turn of events. "Gossamer, Phalanx, see to de civilians; I vill try und redirect de robots!"

And what's the kid in the fedora gonna do, get us coffee?

He... well... he could probably help us with the robots!

Doubtful. He could probably stop that Havok-bot from beeping, though.

Beeping?

Archeville's fingers danced over the controls to his Screwdriver, then he pointed it at the center of the strafing 'bots. He'd hoped that he had gotten a strong enough copy of the signals Havok had been using to direct them to send his own control system, and make them veer off and come in from another angle (and thus buy the heroes some time).

"Gossamer, Phalanx, see to de civilians; I vill try und redirect de robots!"

"Absolutely, Viktor!"

Gossamer dashed across the roof, her massive wave of hair splinting into a total of twenty-five much thinner strands that shot out to the endangered civilians, neatly wrapping around their waists to act as lifelines.

"I've got these; Phalanx, it's up to you now!"

Maintaining the jamming signal, Midnight immediately recognized the self-destruct sequence the robots had begun in the laboratory earlier. He let out a short, sharp breath through his nose as Doktor Acheville's machinations sent the bulk of the androids speeding away from anything their explosions could damage, then turned his attention to the revealed suit of armor the scientist was standing over. Different command frequency? Ego. Given the megalomaniac tendencies Havok had displayed, it made sense that he would craft the robot posing as him to stand apart from the others. Including a bigger bomb.

Jabbing the transmission rod point first into the rooftop, the black clad vigilante sprinted off the edge, firing his grappling pistol as he went, swinging like an inky blur toward Acheville with one hand outstretched. "Doktor," he called in a measured tone which nevertheless managed to carry easily across the shortening distance, "time to go."

Trusting in the doctor to take care of the robots as he had said Phalanx streaked across the skies catching the falling woman seconds after her stumble. The golden strands of Gossamer's hair bolstered the flailing civilians suddenly waking to find themselves in mortal peril, Her tresses enveloping the endangered bystanders as she swung to secure them on the rooftop should the good doctors endeavors fail. Overhead the Havok bots pulled up from their strafing run as their diagnostics briefly warred with the mad Germans invasion before silently awaiting his commands.

It seemed the day had been saved when midnight swung into action his warning carrying crisp over the alarming tones of the eminently self destructing Havok Bot. He swept the good doctor up and away as the explosion bloomed behind them the blast tearing through the concrete and steel of the tower right where Doktor Archeville had been crouched moments before.

They alighted upon the roof of the neighboring building next to gossamer as phalanx and his grateful passenger similarly came to rest. Across the chasm betwixt the buildings the remaining supports of the huge GBN satellite network dish groaned under the suddenly unbalanced strain as the mammoth communications array hung dangerously above the crowded street below!

• 3 weeks later...

"Die Satellitenschüssel!," Archeville cried out.

We must act quickly!

Eh, that 'Doctor Metropolis' can handle it.

He can help with the repairs to the city infrastructure, yes, but not to any people who get squished by falling satellite dishes!

Fine. At least I get to use mind control on something today.

The Doktor held his Screwdriver up like a microphone, "Minions! Secure that satellite dish, and make sure it is not damaged! I, Havok, require it for my nefarious plans! Muah hah hah hah hah!"

A bit over-the-top, hrm?

I'm a showman! Besides, I- oh, what the frak are they doing?

It seems Havok's construction was... even less sound than we had calculated.

He's a disgrace, is what he is! Move, you buckets of bolts!

The robots obeyed, but their Atari brains, junkyard servomotors, and moonshine rocket packs meant they could not get there in time to fully stop it. But they could slow it, enough for the other heroes to lend a hand. Or hair. Or gadget.

Gossamer was relieved that the impromptu team had worked together so well to save the many civilians at risk; however, she then heard Viktor's voice ring out in a rather sinister fashion!

"Minions! Secure that satellite dish, and make sure it is not damaged! I, Havok, require it for my nefarious plans! Muah hah hah hah hah!"

Is Havok mind controlling him?! Wait, no, it's just a trick; oh no!

Seeing exactly what the good doctor was up to, the blonde heroine leaped into action, running across the rooftop at full speed with her hair forming a series of tenrils; once she was close enough to reach the dish, she lashed several golden limbs around its superstucture and sent a few more zipping over the tarpaper to find anchorpoints on any solid-looking vent or outcrop.

"Come on, we all need to grab it!"