Monsters? In the Streets!? - AEGIS HQ (OOC)

Geez3r

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah. Right now, they're nervous. Too call in aid from the general public (even super heroes) means that's something's up. Something big. And as far as you can tell, that really is the Director, who seems a bit on edge himself.

• 2 weeks later...

Well for the psionic readings you can tell that it isn't just pyschic "noise". There is a pattern that is being repeated over and over again, like a command. Also, you note that the beasts are attacking all the hard infrastructure of the city. Making it harder for transportation in or out.

Ah, yeah, I've got Doc actually fiddling with their tech, too (and running some of it through his own sensors, so he can get the skill bonus from his Gadget), so what does

43 on Computers

40 on Knowledge/Life Sciences

40 on Knowledge/Physical Sciences

(Skill Mastery, Taking 10 on those three, using full Enhanced Int and Enhanced Skills via Gadget)

and

Knowledge/Behavioral Sciences (1d20+25=38)

reveal?

The critters are intelligent. They are attacking anything that is structurally significant. It's not a simple rampage, it's sabetage. It's definately coordinated. Also, from what you've seen, everything is humanoid. Even the rhino kaiju has its joints the wrong way, as if it were a human on all 4's. Possibly mutation of a base human form.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

(15:13:02) Dr_Archeville: (whispers to Geez3r) would it be safe to assume that, when the power goes out around the city after Atlas' broadcast, the AEGIS HQ's backup generators kick in a few seconds later?

(15:13:44) Geez3r: (whispers) Nope. They weren't on the city grid to begin with. lights don't even flicker.

Well we're pretty much got 2 options at this point. You guys could go off and join the other threads, or you can deal with what I was about to reveal; there are Grue sleeper agents in AEGIS. I don't want to constrain you any, so go with whatever you'd think be more fun. If you decide to leave, I'll handwave that plot point away.

Well we're pretty much got 2 options at this point. You guys could go off and join the other threads, or you can deal with what I was about to reveal; there are Grue sleeper agents in AEGIS. I don't want to constrain you any, so go with whatever you'd think be more fun. If you decide to leave, I'll handwave that plot point away.

Ah, I was hoping something like that would happen! Yeah, your reveal should keep her occupied ;)

Since you haven't done a Reputation thread for Gossamer, I have to ask here: how difficult would it be for someone (like Doc) to know that her accident/powers come from her work with Grue biomatter?

Gossamer's origin is the subject of an ongoing lawsuit and is thus not public knowledge and her findings have all been seized as evidence (this is her father's company attempting to cover its collective ass). A very skilled researcher with legal knowledge (or perhaps a German super-genius) could look it up, but that would probably be a DC 30 check. Estelle herself was lied to by her own brother who claimed the materials were synthetic analogs.