Monsters in the Streets! - Midtown (OOC)

Geez3r

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 Dead Head - Unharmed - HP x4

18 Avenger - Unharmed - HP x7

14 Dark Star - Unharmed - HP x7

7 Titan

6 Brick

5 House

1 Phantom - Unharmed - HP x5

Hero Point time. You get 2 HP for there being quite a lot of damage already and being in a highly congested area. Dead head gets a HP for his Hideous Appearance. Avenger and Phantom get a point for their responsibility for one another, and Avenger gets another one for having a bunch of his powers not work, Phantom gets another for being quite pregnant. Dark Star being the boy scout he is, will probably try to do everything in his power to stop his friends from even having to lift a finger so he'll be worried about them, not to mention protecting everyone else.

So yeah... you guys have a disgustingly large amount of HP. Have at it.

blast the big monkey playing King Kong with

Cosmic Energy Control 16 (Extra: Penetrating x15; Feat: Accurate x2, Affect Insubstantial x2, Improved Range x2 (Rank x50))

attack (1d20+10=30)

Nice! :) (forgot to say I was power attacking & all-out attacking but next time...)

and Spending an HP to surge (down to 6HP)

Using Gravity Control on tunneller thingie to lift it up outta the street.

Gravity Control 13 (Extras: Affects Corporeal, Selective Attack)

(that’s a ST 65 effect I think…100 tons?)

(if it works it's just gonna hang there...and DS won't be able to do much else...but hopefully, if it works, it'll buy people time to do cool stuff)

Actually you don't have to worry about that. Only the giant Monkey is technically larger than medium size. Your gravity control is enough to affect anything here.

So vs Monkey Kong: Titan Toughness save vs DS Crit DC 36 (1d20+16=19) No round 1 KO's

GM FIAT

Titan Toughness save vs DS Crit DC 36, Fiat Reroll (1d20+16=30) Stunned and Bruised.

Also, Cy, you really need to get in the habit of putting all the necessary information in your rolls. Character's name, name of the thread, what the roll is for, who would oppose the roll if anyone, any situational feats that are in use, and the base DC.

So with the above information, do you want to use the Gravity Control power or go with Blasting the other one?

Refocused Avenger - Unharmed - HP x7

20 Dead Head - Unharmed - HP x4

14 Dark Star - Unharmed - HP x7

7 Titan - Bruised x1, Stunned Until 14

6 Brick

5 House

Apologies. I'll try and remember to stick more of that in there. But to my knowledge, most people don't do that so I wasn't aware I had to either... (not like I make that many rolls)

We'll just leave it as the two blasts. Maybe next round...

(oh, and I'm at 6HP since I just used one to Surge. You still have it listed as 7.)

Well most people don't regularly do combat threads. It's one of the very first sections up in the Game Rules announcement. People just forget when they don't do it regularly. I just remind them whenever possible. Personally I blame my auditing class for me wanted all the proper documentation. But whatever.

Also, you have 7 HP because I used Fiat on the first toughness save.

Brick Toughness save vs DS Blast DC 36 (1d20+15=34) Bruise.

Alright, being the only target on the ground, the Rhino brick is going to attempt to use a Rush attack on Dead head. Due to the Rhino's high Immovable rank, high Strength score, high Super-Strength and additional limbs (for stability). Dead Head can't successfully oppose this check. However, it is impossible to Rush someone further than your speed, which in the case of the Rhino is quite low.

The Rhino plows Dead Head through 4 walls, 3 cars, a fire truck, an oil tanker (which of course explodes), and 2 street lights. Dead Head's and the Brick's high Impervious scores ignores all of this damage. It just looks cool.

The House uses his scream to blow out the top of a sky scraper and the corner of the building is coming down, right on top of some civilians. Hero Point for the set back.

Refocused Avenger - Unharmed - HP x8

20 Dead Head - Unharmed - HP x5

14 Dark Star - Unharmed - HP x8

6 Brick - Bruised x1

5 House

1 Phantom - Unharmed - HP x6

Alright, being the only target on the ground, the Rhino brick is going to attempt to use a Rush attack on Dead head. Due to the Rhino's high Immovable rank, high Strength score, high Super-Strength and additional limbs (for stability). Dead Head can't successfully oppose this check. However, it is impossible to Rush someone further than your speed, which in the case of the Rhino is quite low.

The Rhino plows Dead Head through 4 walls, 3 cars, a fire truck, an oil tanker (which of course explodes), and 2 street lights. Dead Head's and the Brick's high Impervious scores ignores all of this damage. It just looks cool.

And disgustingly freaky, since the descriptor for DH's high Toughness & Imp Toughness isn't toughness per se, it's near-instantaneous regeneration. Like when the feral, Adamantium-less Wolverine ran off Xavier's compound and was run over by an 18-wheeler; the cab running over him broke his ribs, but they all healed back in time to be whole again by the time the rear wheels of the trailer ran over him.

Basically, imagine what it'd look like if Deadpool were the one the Rhino-Mole plowed through. Lots of bones breaking and such, but they heal back just as fast.

Phantom will teleport herself and Avenger to the screechy monkey for her move action then she'll grab the rubble with her TK 1d20+10=20 to hit and a TK rank of 15 should make that easy to grab onto. As I have a silly amount of HP, we'll burn one of those to get another move action to change the direction of the rubble's path and use it to clobber the screamer: 1d20+10=28

That's +10 for her to hit with TK which is a rank 15 power but damage cap'd at Phantom's rank which is PL 12. So DC27 TOU save for the screamer if it hits.

I was halfway through reading through the rush rules when I realized a vampire tackling a giant monkey off the roof of a collapsing building and repeatedly hitting him in the face is just plain cool. It works, not even going to bother rolling.

House Toughness save vs Avenger mid air pummel, DC 30 (1d20+13=18) Monkey fall go boom. Staggered and Stunned

And we'll say the fall's 150ft so rank 15 damage, and with AA's obnoxious rolling on the grapple attempt, the monkey will take all of that, while AA's damage is reduced under his Impervious ranking, so he takes no damage.

House Toughness save vs the sudden stop, DC 30 (1d20+13=21) Bruised and Stunned.

Refocused Avenger - Unharmed - HP x6

20 Dead Head - Unharmed - HP x5

6 Brick - Bruised x1

5 House - Bruised x2, Staggered, Stunned Until Avenger's turn

Hrmmm.... well on the one hand, zombies are not known for being particularly appetizing to the living. Like, even remotely. On the other hand, I do love a good game of hungry, hungry hippos.

Screw it, it works.

Refocused Avenger - Unharmed - HP x6

20 Dead Head - Unharmed - HP x4 - Grom Nom Nom?

6 Brick - Bruised x1

5 House - Bruised x2, Staggered, Stunned Until Avenger's turn