Monsters in the Streets! - Bayview (OOC)

Geez3r

Let's see BD has a Knockback modifier of -5. He hit you with a rank 18 attack. So 13 up the chart is KB of 10,000ft or 2 miles. I'll say that due to the difference in size, his attack had a downward angle to it. So BD's gonna take a bit of a swim. So make a DC 23 Toughness save from smacking against the water at high speed.

But water slows you down much faster than air, so we'll say BD is only about 200ft under water (and its 200ft up to the bridge above the surface of the water btw). Roll a Fort save DC 14 (1 per 50ft) to avoid becoming disoriented by the sudden increase in pressure, the cold water and the darkness from that deep down.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BD's KB should actually be -6 (from his +12 non-impervious toughness) I think that is an error on his sheet which I will see about having fixed.

That means he's only KB'd a total of 5,000 feet instead of 10,000.

I think it also lowers the toughness save from contacting the water by 1. Regardless, I owe you another roll. TOU DC 22? 23? (1d20+11=19) Even if the DC is 23, that still results in only another bruise (bringing my total to 2).

This may or may not result in having breakdown have to make less Fort saves, from less distance traveled, but I'll roll all four regardless. 4 Fort Saves, DC 14 vs disorientation, etc. (1d20+6=9, 1d20+6=12, 1d20+6=12, 1d20+6=24) I abysmally fail the first three, but pass the last with flying colors. I have no clue what effect this may have. Perhaps you could let me know before I decide whether or not to HP myself back into action or not?

Dude just 1 save, I was just listing the contributing factors. DC 13 because you don't fly as far. Failure by 4 leaves you minor disoriented. -2 to attack rolls for 1 round. The 1 per 50 feet was telling you where I was pulling that number from.

25 Breakdown - Bruised x2 - HP x5 - Stunned until 11

20 Hellion - Unharmed - HP x5 - Prone

20 Titan - Unharmed

20 House - Bruised x2, Stunned until 17

17 Wander - Unharmed - HP x5

14 Psyche - Unharmed - HP x2

11 Brick - Bruised x1

3 Phalanx - Unharmed - HP x5

It just now occurs to me that BD may be in deeper than I had originally estimated.

Complications:

Dead Zone: When Breakdown is without headphones or access to music in any way, he gains a Hero Point for being unable to access his Alternate Forms power.

iPods are not known for being too water proof, and last time I checked, BD's swim checks were not too stellar.

James is currently lying down next to Titan I believe?

He's gonna stab the thing in the foot as he rolls to his feet (assuming I can do that)

attack Titan (1d20+10=27)

Strike 12 (Extras: Penetrating x3; PFs: Accurate x3, Affects Insubstantial 2) [20PP] link with Drain Toughness 8 (Extra: Affects Objects) [16PP] (The Black Blade) [infernal]

And Psyche got the people who were in the cars right (I did make the notice)? 'cause if there were still some in there, I'll be getting them instead.

Nope, Psyche saved the peoples.

Titan Fort save vs Black Blade drain, DC 18 (1d20+16=28)

Titan Tough save vs Black Blade damage, DC 27 (1d20+16=19) Bruised and Stunned. I'll keep it.

20 Titan - Bruised x1, Stunned until 20 (hellion)

20 House - Bruised x2

17 Wander - Unharmed - HP x5

11 Brick - Bruised x1

House was stunned until start of Wander's turn. Now Wander is up so he's recovered.

Erin's doing another full power attack against House, using her bat. She rolls poorly on the attack, so spend an HP, which is an automatic hit given House's defense. DC 33 toughness save.

Spending another HP to surge, and diving in after Eddie. Going to try and do a move-by action to dive in and collect him and get back to the surface. She swims at 25 miles per hour, given her speed, so she should be fast enough. Swimming roll is a 20.

House Toughness save vs Wander Bat, DC 33 (1d20+12=17)

Out like a light.

20 House - Bruised x2, Unconscious

17 Wander - Unharmed - HP x4

11 Brick - Bruised x1

Wander get a HP for being all heroic like and going after her comrade.

Oh this is gonna hurt.

Brick Will save vs Pysche Mental Blast DC 26 (1d20+8=27) Guess not :awesome:

Hrmm, Phalanx looks like he could really hurt things. That's bad. Brick's gonna smack him. Brick atk vs Phalanx DEF 14, AoA 5, PA 5 DC 33 (1d20+9=25)

20 House - Bruised x2, Unconscious

17 Wander - Unharmed - HP x4

11 Brick - Bruised x1

For my turn, I'm going to reconfigure my Array, and then take a move action to get back into the fight.

Music Mastery

Teleport 3 (PF: Progression) [7pp]

Paralyze 12 (PF: Accurate 4) [28pp]

I'll take a move action to teleport next to one of the creatures, and then Extra Effort to surge for a paralyze attempt. Turnabout lets me keep going, so I think I'll end up at the end of the bridge somewhere since I can't change direction, correct?

If this is all okay with you, Geez, I'll make rolls and an IC post, but I figure I'll wait till you okay it and see the other actions people took.

I also use one of my HP to clear the fatigue that's still around after I surged last round.

On that note, since the other thread isn't over yet? How are we supposed to react? Like he's back from the dead? Or like he's just been on vacation for a week?

More than a week :P Grue Invasion was started before it's set.

He's essentially been finished with superheroics for roughly a month at this point. He 'quit'.